Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:32:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 652201 times)
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #6500 on: December 10, 2006, 08:09:19 PM »

Yeah, but Guns don't seem to mind making fans wait til after midnight most of the time on there tour dates. I know, I saw them in Jax, Fl and they were nearly two hrs late. Point is, they dont seem to mind making fans do that. Do you think it would personally bother them knowing that you had to drive back out to get it. I'm sure the majority of real fans wouldnt have a problem going to get the cd regardless ..... c'mon it'd b the moment we have been waiting for !

I don't doubt they wouldn't have anything against spinning people around their finger like that, I don't doubt that factor. But I doubt all the other factors like money, logistics and third party contracts.

Yup ... no way bro, I just can't see it happening like that, a 19th release date with no publicity is surprise enough. 19th fellas, the motherfucker is probably already in all our music stores in boxes out the back with "don't open till 19th Dec." on em.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6501 on: December 10, 2006, 08:16:47 PM »

but remember 12/12 would be perfect for the sneak attack. Fans are expecting a leak this week. Well, maybe it'll leak its way into the store by this Tuesday. It is "late fall" and a "random Tuesday" and for the most part totally unexpected .

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« Reply #6502 on: December 10, 2006, 08:18:38 PM »

but remember 12/12 would be perfect for the sneak attack. Fans are expecting a leak this week. Well, maybe it'll leak its way into the store by this Tuesday. It is "late fall" and a "random Tuesday" and for the most part totally unexpected .

dream on

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6503 on: December 10, 2006, 08:20:32 PM »

Yeah, but Guns don't seem to mind making fans wait til after midnight most of the time on there tour dates. I know, I saw them in Jax, Fl and they were nearly two hrs late. Point is, they dont seem to mind making fans do that. Do you think it would personally bother them knowing that you had to drive back out to get it. I'm sure the majority of real fans wouldnt have a problem going to get the cd regardless ..... c'mon it'd b the moment we have been waiting for !

I don't doubt they wouldn't have anything against spinning people around their finger like that, I don't doubt that factor. But I doubt all the other factors like money, logistics and third party contracts.

Yup ... no way bro, I just can't see it happening like that, a 19th release date with no publicity is surprise enough. 19th fellas, the motherfucker is probably already in all our music stores in boxes out the back with "don't open till 19th Dec." on em.

if it was, im sure it would have leaked anyway..

btw: Got an email from Free Record shop. I asked if/when i could pre-order Chinese Democracy. The answer i got was. "Sorry, that is not possible"

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #6504 on: December 10, 2006, 08:25:50 PM »

Well yeah, no way you're gonna be able to pre order when it's a surprise attack, that's just common sense.
And as for leaks, if they can have the Potter books released on time with no leaks, they can do it here too.  hihi

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6505 on: December 10, 2006, 08:30:02 PM »

Well yeah, no way you're gonna be able to pre order when it's a surprise attack, that's just common sense.
And as for leaks, if they can have the Potter books released on time with no leaks, they can do it here too.? hihi

Like it or not, every CD leaks.. if GNR could release Chinese Democracy without any leaks at all, i would be fucking  : ok:with that.. !
Buut i dont see it possible.

There would be whispering if the recordstores already got it. It sure would..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #6506 on: December 10, 2006, 08:33:35 PM »

If they had CD yes, there would be many a whispering. But all they've got is a box that says "Don't open". It could be fucking anything in that box, hence the lack of whipsering.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6507 on: December 10, 2006, 08:35:50 PM »

If they had CD yes, there would be many a whispering. But all they've got is a box that says "Don't open". It could be fucking anything in that box, hence the lack of whipsering.

ha, i sure belive anyone would open it.. think about all the recordstores around the world. Someone would open that case.. 19th Desember at the earliest..
But u never know.. i sure will walk by the recordstore tomorrow..  hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6508 on: December 10, 2006, 08:40:42 PM »

I guess common sense seazes to exist when it comes to CD being released Tongue

Forget about 2006, it's not going to happen. There are far too many people involved in big releases for it to be kept secret. You may succeed in keeping the general public in the dark, but die hard fans? Fans that has probably called every record store in the world by now, fans that check every music related site to find info on CD, fans that email every person even loosely connected to the project?

We will know, trust me, and as of yet we do not.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #6509 on: December 10, 2006, 08:42:57 PM »

Forget about 2006, it's not going to happen. There are far too many people involved in big releases for it to be kept secret. You may succeed in keeping the general public in the dark, but die hard fans? Fans that has probably called every record store in the world by now, fans that check every music related site to find info on CD, fans that email every person even loosely connected to the project?

Well one of us is gonna look like a dick come January.  Grin Grin  hihi hihi

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6510 on: December 10, 2006, 08:44:38 PM »

Well one of us is gonna look like a dick come January.? Grin Grin? hihi hihi

Dick where dick is due, indeed. smoking

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6511 on: December 10, 2006, 08:45:32 PM »

what if there's candy in the box.... or deadly spiders..... or spider candy...

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #6512 on: December 10, 2006, 08:53:42 PM »

Maybe Guns will hold a press release early tomorrow confirming the release date as 12/19. The next day, 12/12, it drops.

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Edward Rose
« Reply #6513 on: December 10, 2006, 09:16:42 PM »

Yeah, but Guns don't seem to mind making fans wait til after midnight most of the time on there tour dates.

MOST of the time? Name the dates!  rant That would have to be %51 or more.

But coming from a 12-post profile who's angry about Steven Adler not being in the band anymore, well....
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6514 on: December 10, 2006, 09:20:37 PM »

Maybe Guns will hold a press release early tomorrow confirming the release date as 12/19. The next day, 12/12, it drops.
I think that too

1 weel promoting and the 19th... the album...
sounds to crazy to be real
o to crazy that it could happen
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #6515 on: December 10, 2006, 09:29:44 PM »

Yeah, but Guns don't seem to mind making fans wait til after midnight most of the time on there tour dates.

MOST of the time? Name the dates!? rant That would have to be %51 or more.

But coming from a 12-post profile who's angry about Steven Adler not being in the band anymore, well....

I'm sorry if you feel as though I said something that was untrue. From my own personal experiences and judging by the many articles I have read online I thought Guns are kind of known for showing up late??? I'm not angry that Steven Adler isn't in the band anymore??

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #6516 on: December 10, 2006, 09:48:17 PM »

The adler comment comes from your username I'm sure ...  Grin Grin

Robio576
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6517 on: December 10, 2006, 10:19:36 PM »

I would be interested to hear that latest from the self-proclaimed Rocken-Roll Bad Boy....Bad Boy Brett Meisner!!!  Come BM, throw a shout out....

Robio hihi
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6518 on: December 10, 2006, 10:21:27 PM »

lets rename this thread  the rambleing bullshit about nothing thread
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6519 on: December 10, 2006, 10:27:53 PM »

There would be whispering if the recordstores already got it. It sure would..

Don't forget the overwhelming incompetence of many record store employees.  They might not even know what they have!

For example, last Christmas my wife went to Best Buy to get me, among other things, a Pink Floyd album.  She asked for help, and the worker said, "Yeah, Pink Floyd...is that a band?"  SO...anyone that clueless probably isn't aware of anything we care about on this board.  95% of them probably wouldn't give a damn...4+% would understand, but not blab about it on the net...1% would blab.  99% of us would yell "BULLSHIT!"  Not saying it's out in two days...just that I find it possible to cover up for a reasonably long time.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: