Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 06:35:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 652748 times)
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #6300 on: December 08, 2006, 10:58:56 AM »

About that song from Slash's album, I don't think Slash wrote lyrics, did he?

Anyway, I do remember something interesting about it.? Violent J of ICP had Slash as a guest on one of ICP's songs, Halls of Illusions.? In his book, J says this:

"Before Slash would play, he asked me if the song was about Axl, because of Use Your Illusion, and I told him no.? So then he went on about what an asshole Axl is and how he once wrote an entire album about Axl, and Axl didn't even know it."

Anyway, I just thought someone might like to know that.?

The song ws written by Slash / Matt Sorum / Eric Dover.  That's the order it is written in in the liner notes.

Sorry for posting that thing here.  The more I think about it, the more OT it is.  Let's take it to the end of the line.  (I.E. I'm going to start a thread about it in Dead Horse.)

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6301 on: December 08, 2006, 11:05:36 AM »

first of all my apologies if this has been discussed before.? quite new here so have not seen at least the first 200 pages.? anyway it may be something and nothing but if anyone can shed any light on any implications this may have had i'd appreciate it.? cheers, and apologies once more if it has already been posted.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=06/11/02/0741211

old news, but thanks  ok
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #6302 on: December 08, 2006, 11:23:03 AM »

Now that I think of it, I think the song "What Do You Want To BE" off Slash's "It's Five O'clock Somewhere" album may have been written about Axl's off the wall musical explorations.  It may be a bit OT but read below if you like...

What Do You Want To Be -  Axl's Better, reponse?

Sour, this affliction
If it was me I'd have it fixed
And with everywhere you've been
You're much too old to be so naive   They just thought I'd know better, better.     

So what the hell do you want to be
Following the trends that never end
I can't stand the parties you attend
So what the hell do you want with me

Oh, you're so underground 
Oh, ain't that swell
Well the word is on the street
You're collecting sympathy and
then you hide                                No one ever told me when I was alone
And ya ain't been out in days
Will the sunshine burn your face
Preserve your precious skin
I'll go out, you stay in

What the hell do you want to be
I can't stand the parties you attend

Please don't feed the pigeons
Out of the same sad bag of tricks
I've heard it all a million times
You make me sicker than
the wine you drink

So if you think I need some help
Climb out of your own shell
It'll make you think

So what the hell do you want to be
Why is it that I can't
stand your friends
What the hell do you want to be
Following fashion in the sheets
Chasing every other flavor
of the week
So what the hell do you want from me

What do you want to be
What do you want to be
What do you want to be
What do you want from me
Looking for anyone who's somebody
What do you want from me
What do you want from me
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #6303 on: December 08, 2006, 11:49:50 AM »

so i did what everyone else has been doing for a while now today, i went into HMV and asked whether they had any information about CD - he said something like it's been on the discontinued releases since 04 and he just laughed at me  Cry so i felt it my duty to educate him, anyway we were talking for about 20 minutes about it and he said he hasn't had any information about it this year  Undecided

nothing new, just thought id share  Undecided

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #6304 on: December 08, 2006, 11:50:47 AM »

wow man that Slash song clearly seems to be about AXL! Shocked

guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6305 on: December 08, 2006, 12:07:50 PM »

Some people are complaining that we should only post rumors in this thread ... so check this out:

Rumor: Chinese Democracy is never coming out .. Axl Rose told a guy who knows a guy that my friend knows that he gave up to release the CD, because he's afraid people won't like it ... but he's doing another Europe + american tour in 2010 ...  Grin  Grin  Grin Guns n' Roses make shows every 4 years, just like World Cups and the Olympic Games ...
Oh ... i almost forget ... the next official press release will be posted at www.gunsnroses.com when the 5th show of the 2010 american tour gets cancelled due to reasons that can't be revealed ... and it will say at the bottom lines: "About Chinese Democracy, all we can say is that between now and the end of the century , there are only 90 years left"
Hey .. don't bash me ... that's the rumor i heard ..  ok

Come on, let us talk about whatever we want! We don't have anything to talk about Chinese Democracy, so we have to make things up ...

ps: my 2nd "angry" post ...

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6306 on: December 08, 2006, 12:22:26 PM »

I don't know why people are still wasting there time by asking record store employees when the CD is going to drop. They don't know ! HMV doesn't know for sure. BBC doesn't know for sure. Axl himself said "this year, in the fall or late fall." I would put a hell of alot more stock in those words from the man himself than I would from some store employee or some blurb I happened to read online. I do happen to agree w/ BBC though. It is "coming soon".... very soon and it's gonna be huge. Bank on that !

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #6307 on: December 08, 2006, 12:34:53 PM »

The BBC is one of the most credible news sources in the world. there would be no way and no need on their part to participate in "rumours?"... for what? between the crisis in Iraq, Global Warming, Hunger in Africa, and whatever else the fuck is going on, they just thought they post this? (of course it is in the music section...whatever) I see it the way it is ...coming soon but I believe they got it from somewhere credible.  In my opinion the BBC has more credability than CNN so I have faith in what they are posting, they are only posting soon anyway.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #6308 on: December 08, 2006, 12:45:16 PM »

I don't know why people are still wasting there time by asking record store employees when the CD is going to drop. They don't know ! HMV doesn't know for sure. BBC doesn't know for sure. Axl himself said "this year, in the fall or late fall." I would put a hell of alot more stock in those words from the man himself than I would from some store employee or some blurb I happened to read online. I do happen to agree w/ BBC though. It is "coming soon".... very soon and it's gonna be huge. Bank on that !

Amen!!!
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #6309 on: December 08, 2006, 12:45:47 PM »

I think BBC Radio 1 has got some reliable hints

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6310 on: December 08, 2006, 12:50:03 PM »

Axl and company are probably sitting back laughing their asses off at how desperate people are getting in this thread.
MrGawain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6311 on: December 08, 2006, 12:50:23 PM »

...Begins febuary 18th. Which fits in with rumours of Chinese Democracy being released in febuary It seems to me that Axl has gone so far with promising release dates, this is a way for him to keep his promise of 'hearing music this year', but keeping us all really, really wound up until the last possible second. Axl hasn't ever said that its the end of the Gregorian calendar year, and it would all fit very neatly with the name of the album. The name of the album is a joke within itself; the democracy of a communist country- everyone is equal, some are more equal than others. (not unlike the public? view of Mr Rose's control over the G n' R brand). I think in some way Axl has a very dark sense of humour, and he really does like to use the 'control freak' persona to make us all squirm.

2006 is the year of the dog by the way, 2007 is the year of the rat.

Any thoughts?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6312 on: December 08, 2006, 12:51:44 PM »

He's a cunning one is that Axl Rose....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #6313 on: December 08, 2006, 12:53:01 PM »

...Begins febuary 18th. Which fits in with rumours of Chinese Democracy being released in febuary It seems to me that Axl has gone so far with promising release dates, this is a way for him to keep his promise of 'hearing music this year', but keeping us all really, really wound up until the last possible second. Axl hasn't ever said that its the end of the Gregorian calendar year, and it would all fit very neatly with the name of the album. The name of the album is a joke within itself; the democracy of a communist country- everyone is equal, some are more equal than others. (not unlike the public? view of Mr Rose's control over the G n' R brand). I think in some way Axl has a very dark sense of humour, and he really does like to use the 'control freak' persona to make us all squirm.

2006 is the year of the dog by the way, 2007 is the year of the rat.

Any thoughts?

Axl said "late fall" which ends at midnight Dec 21st of 06.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #6314 on: December 08, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »

And I'm the Dragon peace

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #6315 on: December 08, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

He said the music-quote 13th of January, in chinese calendar that's 2005 - the album should've been out 18th February 2006 (western calendar) according your theory.
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6316 on: December 08, 2006, 01:00:17 PM »

Grasping for straws.
Ron Jones
Headliner

Mr. Blue Sky

« Reply #6317 on: December 08, 2006, 01:01:05 PM »

http://axl.lyricsasylum.com/news.htm

I know many of you like myself have already read this article but it is still good to go back and read, one of the main questions I have after that is: is there going to be more than one album released at the same time? I am also starting to really buy into the December 2006 release.

Add me:

http://www.myspace.com/ronjones7

Fleet Center Boston, MA 12/2/02
Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY 5/15/06
DCU Center Worcester, MA 11/8/06
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6318 on: December 08, 2006, 01:02:03 PM »

I have an idea, Axl should put 4 gold tickets in all the merchandise they sell, like in the movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory. And whoever gets those 4 golden tickets gets to meet Axl, and go to his mansion and be the first 4 fans to listen to CD in full  rofl
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #6319 on: December 08, 2006, 01:02:37 PM »

its pathetic that its taken so long to release an album and if axl and co would care to what some fans think.

Fuck All Y'all
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: