Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 06:35:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 652749 times)
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #6280 on: December 08, 2006, 09:46:55 AM »

nas is released dec. 19 ok

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #6281 on: December 08, 2006, 09:48:21 AM »

What did i miss, what the fuck does bbc.co.uk know about chinee democracy that we don't?

why should they, of all, know about it first?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6282 on: December 08, 2006, 09:56:04 AM »

didnt merk say the release date would come directly from them and nowhere else or did i just imagine that
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6283 on: December 08, 2006, 10:04:09 AM »

Much as I want to believe this, I don't think we'll find out when CD is coming out until management want us to know. I don't think some other source is going to be the one to spill the beans on a CD release. When it really is time to make an anouncement about the thing everyone will find out at the same time, I doubt anyone will have a jump on the info.

Having said that radio 1 is pretty big, it would be interesting to see where it came from. Incidentally when are the other titles under the 'soon' section meant for a release? Might be an indication of exactly what kind of time period they mean by soon.

I think the Nas album that's mentioned there is supposed to be out next spring, although no definate date has been announced...

Edit: no, sorry that's wrong. It's due to be released 18th/19th December 2006

Thanks, they've probably just heard the 18th/19th rumours and jumped on board, or they are assuming Axl wouldn't go back on his word of an 06 release so it has to be out then cos it's the only date left  hihi

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #6284 on: December 08, 2006, 10:08:11 AM »

lol im sorry but i find this pretty funny

This is the 1st post of this thread

The CD release date rumor thread
? on: July 04, 2004, 12:59:01 PM ?

I hope we dont have 2 wait another 2 years

Imagine if someone told you in 2001 after Rock in Rio that that almost 6 years later the CD still wouldn't be released.? ?Shocked

Honestly, for all we know the wait could only be half over.

Between 02 and 06 is roughly the same amount of time that Nirvana had to come and go.  Just to give some perspective...

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
estranged.1098
« Reply #6285 on: December 08, 2006, 10:09:01 AM »

didnt merk say the release date would come directly from them and nowhere else or did i just imagine that

Merck also said the release date would be in 2006, so I don't see what's your point.  Tongue
guns_n_motley
« Reply #6286 on: December 08, 2006, 10:10:07 AM »

Much as I want to believe this, I don't think we'll find out when CD is coming out until management want us to know. I don't think some other source is going to be the one to spill the beans on a CD release. When it really is time to make an anouncement about the thing everyone will find out at the same time, I doubt anyone will have a jump on the info.

Having said that radio 1 is pretty big, it would be interesting to see where it came from. Incidentally when are the other titles under the 'soon' section meant for a release? Might be an indication of exactly what kind of time period they mean by soon.

I think the Nas album that's mentioned there is supposed to be out next spring, although no definate date has been announced...

Thanks, they've probably just heard the 18th/19th rumours and jumped on board, or they are assuming Axl wouldn't go back on his word of an 06 release so it has to be out then cos it's the only date left? hihi

BBC doesnt post rumors...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #6287 on: December 08, 2006, 10:11:01 AM »

Imagine if someone told you in 2001 after Rock in Rio that that almost 6 years later the CD still wouldn't be released.? ?Shocked

Between 02 and 06 is roughly the same amount of time that Nirvana had to come and go.? Just to give some perspective...

Wow, good post. At the same time it makes me sad. I am one of the few that went from GN'R as my favorite band to Nirvana as my all time favorite band. Now I love Tom Waits, but anyway. Nice post.

(but the way i was only teasing when I messed with you sig. Bang Bang.)

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6288 on: December 08, 2006, 10:15:08 AM »

Thanks, they've probably just heard the 18th/19th rumours and jumped on board, or they are assuming Axl wouldn't go back on his word of an 06 release so it has to be out then cos it's the only date left? hihi

That's why this is slightly more interesting than most of the crap we get everyday, I'm not going to pin my hopes on it though. HMV doesn't post rumours but how many times have they had CD listed on their site?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
PigeonOfSh!tMetal
Headliner

« Reply #6289 on: December 08, 2006, 10:16:03 AM »

BBC is the biggest and most respected news/entertainment channel in the UK. This actually gives me hope ok

A frown is a smile in an upside down world.
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #6290 on: December 08, 2006, 10:18:31 AM »

Between 02 and 06 is roughly the same amount of time that Nirvana had to come and go.? Just to give some perspective...

Wow, good post. At the same time it makes me sad. I am one of the few that went from GN'R as my favorite band to Nirvana as my all time favorite band. Now I love Tom Waits, but anyway. Nice post.

(but the way i was only teasing when I messed with you sig. Bang Bang.)

S'okay. ?Sorry for overreacting Dude. ok

Bong Bong

guns_n_motley
« Reply #6291 on: December 08, 2006, 10:19:47 AM »

That's why this is slightly more interesting than most of the crap we get everyday, I'm not going to pin my hopes on it though. HMV doesn't post rumours but how many times have they had CD listed on their site?

HMV puts random dates in each month just to have it in the system... BIG difference..
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6292 on: December 08, 2006, 10:21:29 AM »

Metacritic has ??2007 on their release dates. Maybe there is a difference but it seems like no one really knows either way when its coming.
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #6293 on: December 08, 2006, 10:28:45 AM »

Actually, for me GNR and Nirvana were both pretty high up there.? Too bad the two didn't get along.? Mostly Kurt's fault I think.? Axl loved his music and wanted them to tour with GNR.

One really had to decide which side of the fence one was on, GNR or Nirvana.? I think most went to Nirvana.? I really believe that this is a very significant reason for why Axl has so much contempt for his old fans, and why he fired the old band, for not keeping up with the times.? I know its irrational if this is the case.? Axl's tinkering is visibly a rebellion against the "instant music" that has been propagated by so many bands recently.? As opposed to being quick and dirty and unpolished like Nirvana, Axl wants to send the opposite message.? Just my theory anyway.? But I digress...

Anyway grunge music is deader than Kurt Cobain now.? Axl let us flush it out of our system with time.? I just hope he doesn't try to revive hair metal with the remainder of the Chinese Democracy album.? I think he stated recently in celebration that "heavy metal is back".? Baz may portend ill tidings as well.  If this is the case then maybe Axl just went full circle and is back to where GNR was circa '94.  It certainly doesn't sound like Nine Inch Nails.

Now that I think of it, I think the song "What Do You Want To BE" off Slash's "It's Five O'clock Somewhere" album may have been written about Axl's off the wall musical explorations.  It may be a bit OT but read below if you like...

What Do You Want To Be

Sour, this affliction
If it was me I'd have it fixed
And with everywhere you've been
You're much too old to be so naive

So what the hell do you want to be
Following the trends that never end
I can't stand the parties you attend
So what the hell do you want with me

Oh, you're so underground
Oh, ain't that swell
Well the word is on the street
You're collecting sympathy and
then you hide
And ya ain't been out in days
Will the sunshine burn your face
Preserve your precious skin
I'll go out, you stay in

What the hell do you want to be
I can't stand the parties you attend

Please don't feed the pigeons
Out of the same sad bag of tricks
I've heard it all a million times
You make me sicker than
the wine you drink

So if you think I need some help
Climb out of your own shell
It'll make you think

So what the hell do you want to be
Why is it that I can't
stand your friends
What the hell do you want to be
Following fashion in the sheets
Chasing every other flavor
of the week
So what the hell do you want from me

What do you want to be
What do you want to be
What do you want to be
What do you want from me
Looking for anyone who's somebody
What do you want from me
What do you want from me

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 10:45:04 AM by Bang Bang » Logged

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6294 on: December 08, 2006, 10:34:39 AM »

Ants can carry over 25 times their weight!
T_Roxie
« Reply #6295 on: December 08, 2006, 10:37:26 AM »

ARe you purposely trying to get - karma, or just seeing if anyone notices?
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6296 on: December 08, 2006, 10:44:41 AM »

ARe you purposely trying to get - karma, or just seeing if anyone notices?

just talking about random nothing....which is exactly what this thread has become ...a joke. Its supposed to be about credible rumors but now its become a thread about almost anything. Its stupid. Do something. when we hear a credible rumor post it here, i check this site/thread to read about news on the release of the cd ....not how someone likes nirvana or how many stupid jokes someone can make about how many Tuesdays there are in 2007. Its bullshit start another thread if you wanna talk about that shit. Or people making up rumors or posting old ones .Wait for the news....don?t try and make it. ....and that?s the truth ...that aint no lie.
kopitejohn
« Reply #6297 on: December 08, 2006, 10:48:18 AM »

first of all my apologies if this has been discussed before.? quite new here so have not seen at least the first 200 pages.? anyway it may be something and nothing but if anyone can shed any light on any implications this may have had i'd appreciate it.? cheers, and apologies once more if it has already been posted.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=06/11/02/0741211
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6298 on: December 08, 2006, 10:48:50 AM »

i don`t care what people are posting in this thread as long as it`s interesting....

rumours suck anyways....   i want information from the gnr camp, not from record stores or radio stations.... ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6299 on: December 08, 2006, 10:53:16 AM »

About that song from Slash's album, I don't think Slash wrote lyrics, did he?

Anyway, I do remember something interesting about it.  Violent J of ICP had Slash as a guest on one of ICP's songs, Halls of Illusions.  In his book, J says this:

"Before Slash would play, he asked me if the song was about Axl, because of Use Your Illusion, and I told him no.  So then he went on about what an asshole Axl is and how he once wrote an entire album about Axl, and Axl didn't even know it."

Anyway, I just thought someone might like to know that. 
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: