Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 08:31:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 652827 times)
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6260 on: December 08, 2006, 02:20:34 AM »

Ugh.

2004 memories.  I'm glad I was a half-lurker back then.  I avoided sulking. =)

Back to topic:
Feb 14 2007 is a Wednesday.  If it was a Tuesday, I'd suggest that as a early 2007 release.  "Axl Rose... are back..."  *har* *har*

Seriously, how will this board or others react to a real rumor or real leak or early warning?  I think we'd either embrace or laugh the person away - even if they had photo proof we may yell at them for doctoring photos because of all the false calls we had.
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6261 on: December 08, 2006, 03:47:41 AM »

I can't see that Radio 1 would have been provided information that no other station would have, doesn't make any sense (there again that hasn't mattered before).

I think it makes lot of sense. A lot of singles are played for the first time ever officially on Radio 1.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6262 on: December 08, 2006, 04:05:34 AM »

I am glad I never put my foot in my own mouth.  Grin

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #6263 on: December 08, 2006, 05:45:26 AM »

So... you think the album will be released if we show less support for the band??   

Well, either that or we just accept that we are never going to get the album.

If the fan community stopped giving the band money through concert tickets and merchandise they would be more apt to release an album than continuing the status quo. I mean, there is no sense of urgency to ever release the album because he knows anytime he might want to make a few bucks he can throw some tour dates out and we will snatch up tickets like dogs who haven't eaten in 3 months.

This board has been nothing but supportive to the band for years now, and our reward is not a new album, but management withholding the announcement that the album is not coming out this year so they don't have to leave any money on the table or endure the negative press that will come with the inevitable "it's not coming press release."

We are taken for granted by the band and its management team, and if that is not evident by now than I am not sure what it will take for some on this board to see the light.

Naupis, no offense but i really find that thinking flawed. I think it's safe to say Axl is far from hurting for money, and a lot of people seem to think that a lack of support would make the album less likely to be released. I can't know either way, but my feeling is that it's crazy to think not buying concert tickets would make them more likely to release an album, though it might make them less likely to tour.
But more importantly, the real truth is that this board makes up a percentage of GNR fans and a tiny tiny percentage of their potential customers. I think in a sense we are taken for granted, because the few thousand people coming here simply don't effect their decisions when it comes to the press or the release of an album. I'd like more communication from GNR too, and we've felt that way through all of it - but it's been their decisison and it doesn't seem that they care much if their decisions upset anyone. If you feel mistreated, that's certainly your right - but it's unfair to yourself to think we can change anything or that this band will ever be small enough that Axl will feel financial pressure to release an album.

as for the BBC page, somebody asked this before, but i don't remember an answer being posted. if BBC IS reliable, does that specific music-announcement page carry the same reputation? can somebody confirm that the site is handled with the same treatment as other news stories?

Yeah i'd still like to know that. A few people said they've checked the page over a course of years and never heard of it being wrong before, but my guess is that you wouldn't notice if you didn't care this much.
It's encouraging no matter what, but the old VH1 posts are well timed. We've had reputable sources of optimism before.
keithfc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6264 on: December 08, 2006, 08:09:12 AM »

Check it out....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/newreleases.shtml

Radio 1 is the biggest and most reliable stations in the UK....there is no actual release date but it could be promising
kopitejohn
« Reply #6265 on: December 08, 2006, 08:10:31 AM »

already in the rumour thread is this  Smiley
keithfc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6266 on: December 08, 2006, 08:12:03 AM »

Apologies....thats the thread that is over 300 pages right?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #6267 on: December 08, 2006, 08:17:20 AM »

Apologies....thats the thread that is over 300 pages right?

Yeah Grin Who would go through that, right ? Thankx for this ok

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #6268 on: December 08, 2006, 08:29:21 AM »

Anyone perhaps contacted the BBC to find out where they got the info from?

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
goonersnroses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6269 on: December 08, 2006, 08:31:07 AM »

There's that word again 'SOON'!!!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #6270 on: December 08, 2006, 08:35:58 AM »

There's that word again 'SOON'!!!!

You know that using that word is like cursing or something right ? Grin

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
IrishGuns
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6271 on: December 08, 2006, 08:42:40 AM »

My opinion on this is that BBC researchers probably look to some of the major record chains for up and coming releases - they saw that HMV have CD slated for Dec 18th and since there isn't any other interesting albums slated for release that week they put up CD to fill some space.

I wouldn't read anymore into it.

If Gn'R made a private announcement to any radio station, record store etc. it would have leaked by now. It has been said that we will be let know of the release date through means of an announcement from the band or their management and my bet is this will be the case.
Elle
Headliner

« Reply #6272 on: December 08, 2006, 08:42:41 AM »

Just remembered a proabably pointless thing I saw on TV last night - was watching one of those music channels with the Q&A's running on screen and one of the questions was about what Axl is upto - the answer was that CD was due to come out in Feb 07 - like I said v probably nothing but info picked up on google but thought it was worth mentioning.

'If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine'
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #6273 on: December 08, 2006, 08:43:56 AM »

Just remembered a proabably pointless thing I saw on TV last night - was watching one of those music channels with the Q&A's running on screen and one of the questions was about what Axl is upto - the answer was that CD was due to come out in Feb 07 - like I said v probably nothing but info picked up on google but thought it was worth mentioning.
Yeah, is says Feb '07 on wipikedia. So it's nothing  Smiley

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
Elle
Headliner

« Reply #6274 on: December 08, 2006, 08:45:36 AM »

^yup thought as much  Smiley

'If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine'
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #6275 on: December 08, 2006, 08:57:42 AM »

Hmm, soon is a word we've been hearing for a long old time.

Keithfc as in THFC?
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #6276 on: December 08, 2006, 09:04:21 AM »

My opinion on this is that BBC researchers probably look to some of the major record chains for up and coming releases - they saw that HMV have CD slated for Dec 18th and since there isn't any other interesting albums slated for release that week they put up CD to fill some space.

I wouldn't read anymore into it.

If Gn'R made a private announcement to any radio station, record store etc. it would have leaked by now. It has been said that we will be let know of the release date through means of an announcement from the band or their management and my bet is this will be the case.
I agree as reliable as the BBC would seem i wouldnt read anything more into it than "internet research". I wonder if ther eis a CD timeline somewhere with all the (apparent) release dates scheduled. would make for an interesting read....well maybe interesting is tooo big a word Smiley
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6277 on: December 08, 2006, 09:19:09 AM »

contacted bbc radio1 enquires asking them politely where they got info hopefully theyll give me a decent answer today
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6278 on: December 08, 2006, 09:41:47 AM »

Much as I want to believe this, I don't think we'll find out when CD is coming out until management want us to know. I don't think some other source is going to be the one to spill the beans on a CD release. When it really is time to make an anouncement about the thing everyone will find out at the same time, I doubt anyone will have a jump on the info.

Having said that radio 1 is pretty big, it would be interesting to see where it came from. Incidentally when are the other titles under the 'soon' section meant for a release? Might be an indication of exactly what kind of time period they mean by soon.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Bit_Obscene
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6279 on: December 08, 2006, 09:44:32 AM »

Much as I want to believe this, I don't think we'll find out when CD is coming out until management want us to know. I don't think some other source is going to be the one to spill the beans on a CD release. When it really is time to make an anouncement about the thing everyone will find out at the same time, I doubt anyone will have a jump on the info.

Having said that radio 1 is pretty big, it would be interesting to see where it came from. Incidentally when are the other titles under the 'soon' section meant for a release? Might be an indication of exactly what kind of time period they mean by soon.

I think the Nas album that's mentioned there is supposed to be out next spring, although no definate date has been announced...

Edit: no, sorry that's wrong. It's due to be released 18th/19th December 2006
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 09:46:03 AM by Bit_Obscene » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: