Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 08:39:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 652851 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6240 on: December 08, 2006, 12:01:52 AM »

I doubt they would intentionally deny the biggest single country market. 

Me too, but GNR is loved overseas.  I think people here are still bitter from 02 and the fact that its not the original band.  I'd hope the US would be their first choice, but I don't know.

I think they'll also do really well in Japan/Korea.  They always seem to gobble up the GNR solo releases.  A couple of my Izzy's and my Loaded album are Asian releases.  The Japanese seem to be crazy about rock n' roll, so I'm sure it'll do well there. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6241 on: December 08, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

I'll say this. If all that has happened since October have been a deliberate plot to create the perfect enviroment for a surprise release, like some of you choose to believe on one level or another, it will go down in history as the most devious and genius marketing plan ever.

But I don't believe that for a second.

But it really didn't garner any extra attention outside the gnr fanbase, so I don't know how tickling everyones ass with a feather has helped them in the long run.

And I agree with Naupis.

Exactly. They've done an excellent job at eliminating the attention gained from previous statements. That's what a surprise release is, right? Delivering something at an unexpected time.

That's why the belief in a surprise release is utterly pontless. Especially considering that everyone in the band has denied such a scenario. Nobody gains from it, except the frantic fans who care about nothing else than getting their sought at product as soon as possible.

But if a surprise release was to be the case, GN'R has done an excellent job at lowering expectations. That however shouldn't come as surprise to us.......

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6242 on: December 08, 2006, 12:06:51 AM »

I've long been a December '06 believer, and even I'M not buying into the surprise release stuff.  I suppose it depends on how you define "surprise release."  If they did a 7-10 day media blitz, I wouldn't consider it a "surprise release."  Learning about it the day before or day of...yeah...that's a surprise. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #6243 on: December 08, 2006, 12:07:54 AM »

Exactly polluxlm ok

Skunk, how much more support can people give to the band? How much money is it costing people to just follow them on tour? And really, they're not playing live for your benefit. And what have they done for that kind of support?

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6244 on: December 08, 2006, 12:09:42 AM »

So... you think the album will be released if we show less support for the band?? ?

Well, either that or we just accept that we are never going to get the album.

If the fan community stopped giving the band money through concert tickets and merchandise they would be more apt to release an album than continuing the status quo. I mean, there is no sense of urgency to ever release the album because he knows anytime he might want to make a few bucks he can throw some tour dates out and we will snatch up tickets like dogs who haven't eaten in 3 months.

This board has been nothing but supportive to the band for years now, and our reward is not a new album, but management withholding the announcement that the album is not coming out this year so they don't have to leave any money on the table or endure the negative press that will come with the inevitable "it's not coming press release."

We are taken for granted by the band and its management team, and if that is not evident by now than I am not sure what it will take for some on this board to see the light.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6245 on: December 08, 2006, 12:10:17 AM »

I bet we wont have any firm or definite news til probably the 18th.

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #6246 on: December 08, 2006, 12:13:47 AM »

So... you think the album will be released if we show less support for the band?? ?

Well, either that or we just accept that we are never going to get the album.

If the fan community stopped giving the band money through concert tickets and merchandise they would be more apt to release an album than continuing the status quo. I mean, there is no sense of urgency to ever release the album because he knows anytime he might want to make a few bucks he can throw some tour dates out and we will snatch up tickets like dogs who haven't eaten in 3 months.

This board has been nothing but supportive to the band for years now, and our reward is not a new album, but management withholding the announcement that the album is not coming out this year so they don't have to leave any money on the table or endure the negative press that will come with the inevitable "it's not coming press release."

We are taken for granted by the band and its management team, and if that is not evident by now than I am not sure what it will take for some on this board to see the light.

off-topic, but i just have to applaud you on the post...very well put, and nicely summarizes my thoughts as well as others' i'm sure.

as for the BBC page, somebody asked this before, but i don't remember an answer being posted. if BBC IS reliable, does that specific music-announcement page carry the same reputation? can somebody confirm that the site is handled with the same treatment as other news stories?

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
axlslash4eva
Headliner

Suck on That

« Reply #6247 on: December 08, 2006, 12:48:11 AM »

Ok i was just looking at the tour dates that GNR has just to see if they were doin a show on or around chirstmas and i saw that their last show before christmas is the 20th and then have a break till the 10th of January, now i know that everyone needs a break to be with their family and everything dont get me rong this band deserves it but then being a GNR fan i started thinking about CD and maybe they will release the CD the tuesday after christmas (26th).  MAybe this will give the band time to rest plus reflect on the album and how good its going before coming back and finishing the tour, maybe it will also see which countrys are buying it the most and maybe it will reflect the outcome of the summer 07 tour, i dunno maybe im goin alittle crazy but hey us GNR fans need 2 dream right.  Oh and people plz dont bitch at me saying oh it deserves to go in the other thread or w/e seriously
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #6248 on: December 08, 2006, 12:49:59 AM »

I am officially really sick of waiting for this album.

I hope it really is coming within the next month.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #6249 on: December 08, 2006, 12:52:24 AM »

Let's face it, it's not coming out this year, I never really believed it would to be honest but I am a pessimist  Cry

Summer '07

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
ColdNovemberRain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6250 on: December 08, 2006, 01:06:21 AM »

I thought about that, but I, unlike you, am too new here to try and make a statement like that.  So thanks for saying exactly what i was thinking.

Go 49ERS!!!
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #6251 on: December 08, 2006, 01:13:20 AM »

mm about the BBC page.. maybe it got leaked and other sources claiming the 18th release will come out in the next days?? you know, maybe they heard it first but other respectable news sites could be updating as well next Monday?

here hoping for the best, i'm optimistic, and this kind of things out of the blue always give me hope that we are close, hopefully this time we have better luck ok

axlslash4eva
Headliner

Suck on That

« Reply #6252 on: December 08, 2006, 01:18:26 AM »

lol im sorry but i find this pretty funny

This is the 1st post of this thread

The CD release date rumor thread
? on: July 04, 2004, 12:59:01 PM ?

I hope we dont have 2 wait another 2 years
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6253 on: December 08, 2006, 01:27:12 AM »

lol im sorry but i find this pretty funny

This is the 1st post of this thread

The CD release date rumor thread
? on: July 04, 2004, 12:59:01 PM ?

I hope we dont have 2 wait another 2 years

Imagine if someone told you in 2001 after Rock in Rio that that almost 6 years later the CD still wouldn't be released.   Shocked

Honestly, for all we know the wait could only be half over.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6254 on: December 08, 2006, 01:28:54 AM »

Yes.... yes November 2004!!!!

Rock the fuck on!

VH1: Behind the Music: Guns N' Roses

"Chinese Democracy is now slated for an NOvember Release"

Rock on.... they could not false advertise. They would know something before we would anyways. Besides it is about time... beer

Well...this MIGHT be why the show was delayed three times. Maybe they didn't think it was complete until they found out when it's supposed to come out, so they camped out in Axl's driveway. He was still on his tour of North America then, though, and as soon as he got home from that hotel in Canada that he was spotted at, the show was ready to go.

I understand your speculation regarding this date. Its the same old stuff...but theres one big difference witht his release date....

It was on an officially aired show. Its not gossip. VH1 would not throw out something liek that unless they got confirmation of it or were old....Thats the only difference. This isnt coming from a wanna be source or Ivan from fukin Madagascar...its coming from a legit source....so that is why I think this should be taken more seriosuly....

I think this is TRUE because that's how publicity works!!!

Im a journalist and I know how these things are. Axl and Mtv arranged all this together to have a release date made official in a very reliable tv show like BHTM!!!

Its true, its true, I believe it!!!!!!! beer

Listen, I am the most pessimistic person here. ?But I have to tell you... when you produce a documentary, you go to great lengths to make sure everything you include is accurate. ?There is a 100% probability that the BTM people got the November date from GNR management. ?You just don't report rumors from internet forums if you want to retain credibility.

I would say that as of Independence Day 2004, Axl and GNR have intentions of releasing CD in November 2004.

However, as all fans of Axl know, that could chnage within the next few months. ?But right now I am as optomistic as I have been since December 2002. ?

November is perfect. ?VR hype will have died dow, Christmas sales season begins, and they make it just in time for Grammy consideration. ?I think it speaks volumes that they are not planning on waiting till February to release it. ?Axl is going to go head to head with VR during the next award season.

-TyRod-

p.s. ?I believe that Grammy consideration runs January to January every year. ?Can anyone confirm that?

Is it just me or is this the exact same line of thought we're using today? Just change the date and current event and we got an almost similar discussion to the one we've had today about BBC.........

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6255 on: December 08, 2006, 01:33:56 AM »

Oh how the past haunts...

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Gordi
« Reply #6256 on: December 08, 2006, 01:56:26 AM »

Jeez... that's kind of a downer to think back to '04 and see the potential repetition... Sad
Edward Rose
« Reply #6257 on: December 08, 2006, 01:59:59 AM »

Those 2004 posts ARE pretty funny. But so much shit is goin' on now... touring and stuff. I wouldn't worry as much today as the pity we feel for them as we look back in time at those posts.

What would REALLY be cool is if we could send the most recent 50 pages of this thread back in time to 2004 and make a post with it. Jarmo would probably delete it too... thinking someone is fucking around  hihi ... and I wouldn't blame him.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6258 on: December 08, 2006, 02:01:30 AM »

POSTS FROM THE FUTURE ARE PROHIBITED!  Didn't you read the FAQ? rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #6259 on: December 08, 2006, 02:14:46 AM »

Getting back to the Radio 1 anouncement, all of the singles on that 'coming soon' section have been playing on Radio 1 for at least the last week. Not sure if any Nas has been played though, as I'm not really into that kind of music.

I can't see that Radio 1 would have been provided information that no other station would have, doesn't make any sense (there again that hasn't mattered before).

Also Merck said the release anouncement would come from them, not some other web site etc.

Hope it's true though.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: