Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 10:51:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228563 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 652908 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #6220 on: December 07, 2006, 11:23:35 PM »

mysteron shot the suprise rumor down
Which makes me believe we arent getting the album this year

sad but true.

If the album was coming out this month they would have released the single by now.

If the album was coming out by now, we would have heard that its in some factory being manufactured, possible leaks, etc....

If the album was coming out this month, Guns n Roses would have told us by now!

if a "surprise" release was still a possibility I would still have hope. But like everything else, its been shot down....but Axl was right we did hear music in 06....07 here we come
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:28:33 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6221 on: December 07, 2006, 11:23:52 PM »

In the fine print under the BBC , it says this ...

"The above listing contains a selection of the records released in forthcoming weeks. Not all releases are featured. The page was compiled to the best of our knowledge on 04 Dec 2006.

All details are subject to change. Please check artist and record company official websites for the latest details...."

my qeustion is this , where does the BBc get their info from , according to the best of their knowledge

I mentioned this already in the thread - they know something and/or someone. Its obvious - they got a tip from someone and they let it out.

I hope, anyway.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6222 on: December 07, 2006, 11:27:34 PM »

sad but true.

If the album was coming out this month they would have released the single by now.

If the album was coming out by now, we would have heard that its in some facotry being produced, possible leaks....

If the album was coming out this month, They would have told us by now!

But why would management tell us they were going to surprise us with a release? I don't think we know either way. Odds are though that nothing will happen this year.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
EFISH
« Reply #6223 on: December 07, 2006, 11:28:49 PM »

sad but true.

If the album was coming out by now, we would have heard that its in some factory being manufactured, possible leaks, etc....

If the album was coming out this month, Guns n Roses would have told us by now!

But if it wasnt coming out this year, don't you think they'd tell us? The only reason they wouldnt was if they atleast plan to give us the release date before years end, even if the day is in February.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6224 on: December 07, 2006, 11:29:14 PM »

sad but true.

If the album was coming out by now, we would have heard that its in some facotry being produced, possible leaks....

If the album was coming out this month, They would have told us by now!

But why would management tell us they were going to surprise us with a release? I don't think we know either way. Odds are though that nothing will happen this year.

quit taking that serious , it was a joke by merc

A JOKE !!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6225 on: December 07, 2006, 11:30:32 PM »

I dont think this strays from the norm. There have been all kinds of sites along the years that have posted possible release dates. Some have been bogus, some have been real...but in the end we all know the result

I think its important to note that if the band isnt doing a surprise release then we will get a press release regarding a release date. We would not learn it from a site. No matter how legit the site is.

If the band is doing a "surprise" release then it would be highly unlikely any site would know about it.

Just my 2 cents

No, mysterion just said that we would here from GNR first.  Who's to say we won't?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #6226 on: December 07, 2006, 11:34:13 PM »

Who knows? My guess is this:
The original plan was for it to be a surprise release. But then the label probably wanted to do it properly so they pushed it back to 07. Then all the big shots came out and said" Oh, Merck was teasing when he said the tuesday thing".

Either way, the people in the 'know" claim that Mercks comments were tongue and cheek. Which boggles my mind. Because a} how do they know that and B] why would Merck think thats funny

For our sake I hope its a surprise release because that still gives us hope for an 06 release. Otherwise, as the band has stated...we will be the first to know about the release..which in turn means no Cd in 06 because its not gonan be a surprise and we havnt heard from the band and its already Dec...07 it 'tis

But if it wasnt coming out this year, don't you think they'd tell us? The only reason they wouldnt was if they atleast plan to give us the release date before years end, even if the day is in February.
They fukin better!. I personally would feel let down if they didnt issue an honest, upfront, detailed press release telling us what happened and whats next.

I think we will get the press release within the next 2 weeks

btw efish never, ever,ever never ever ever ever bet ur precious nuts when it involves the release of this album.? I dont care  if its listed on a website, gnrs webiste, if merck says it, a bandmember or even if Axl  says it will be coming, lol, sad but true, until its in ur hands your gonna lose
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:39:14 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6227 on: December 07, 2006, 11:43:04 PM »

We definately need a statement before the end of the year if CD is not coming. To neglect to do this is just plain rude.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6228 on: December 07, 2006, 11:43:28 PM »

My guess is that BBC got this "coming soon info" from Guns' Management/Label directly more than likey. I think this is the beginning of what's to come over the next 11 days or so. I bet there is no press release prior to the 19th. I believe Merck only said something to the nature of that ?just to add more speculation and "mystery" to the album. It worked. As soon as it was said the whole "what if its to add more tour dates?", "what if it's to tell us the album has been postponed", "what if they are going to tell us that they tried but they cant get it out in time"? The last one is my personal fav because if you believe that then that means Axl and the rest of his management weren't sure about how long it takes to get a record on the shelves. Right !
I believe Merck already told us what to expect, to walk into a record store one Tuesday and find it there....that Tues more than likely being the 19th as strongly hinted recently...not to mention there's only one Tues after that. I bet regardless of whatever the normal arrival time for a CD to arrive at the store prior to its release, I bet this one will be different. It will probably arrive unexpectedly on the 18th or shortly before and maybe some stores in certain areas will stay open til or open at midnight to commence the release. I can't guarantee it but I bet I'm close ! I have no doubt that it is around the corner regardless so I wouldn't worry about what BBC, or Billboard, or RS, or Harley reports. However Guns' ends up laying it on us is more than likely gonna be pretty cool.

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6229 on: December 07, 2006, 11:47:27 PM »

They have purposely not told us that the album isn't coming out to preserve fan interest in the tour. If they had told everyone back in late September/ Early October that we were definitely not seeing the album this year (and they did know by then, if for no other reason than the logistics involved in releasing an album require more than 4 weeks lead time) then they would have most likely gotten a flurry of bad press, and morale on the board would have dropped tremendously.

All that would have done is take money out of the band's pockets by possibly decreasing ticket sales. Not telling us until late December the album wasn't coming was a strategic business decision that will minimize a potential negative impact on the tour because it will be mostly over by then.

This tour has been nothing more than a cash grab. Not telling us that we weren't getting the album this year when they knew the truth and choosing to let us keep false hope was done to maximize their financial gain. The sooner we realize this and stop facilitating this by snatching up tickets every time Axl shows a sign of life, the sooner we will get the album. He does not have alot of incentive to buck up and put himself out there and release the album when he can make what he does off touring.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6230 on: December 07, 2006, 11:47:39 PM »

I'll say this. If all that has happened since October have been a deliberate plot to create the perfect enviroment for a surprise release, like some of you choose to believe on one level or another, it will go down in history as the most devious and genius marketing plan ever.

But I don't believe that for a second.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
EFISH
« Reply #6231 on: December 07, 2006, 11:48:12 PM »

This is going to sound pretty dumb but I think Axl will mention the album at the show tonight.  hihi
We'll see.
Remember this post.  smoking
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6232 on: December 07, 2006, 11:50:47 PM »

This is going to sound pretty dumb but I think Axl will mention the album at the show tonight.  hihi
We'll see.
Remember this post.  smoking

If he does, I'll chime in with a "The Prophet has spoken" post after each of your posts, from now on  Grin

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #6233 on: December 07, 2006, 11:52:05 PM »

This is going to sound pretty dumb but I think Axl will mention the album at the show tonight. ?
We'll see.
Remember this post
Hope your right. It would be a rare thing though. Hes barely mentioned the album on this tour. In 02 he was much more talkitive about the album. His London speech/rant was awesome.

xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #6234 on: December 07, 2006, 11:52:29 PM »

Honestly, other than the whole UK gets albums on Mon, US on Tues thing, I'd think Europe (especially the UK) would be first to get CD.  GNR seems to be really respected overseas (compared to hear at least) and they went there first (as opposed to a US tour to kick things off).  Just a thought.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #6235 on: December 07, 2006, 11:54:38 PM »

I'll say this. If all that has happened since October have been a deliberate plot to create the perfect enviroment for a surprise release, like some of you choose to believe on one level or another, it will go down in history as the most devious and genius marketing plan ever.

But I don't believe that for a second.

But it really didn't garner any extra attention outside the gnr fanbase, so I don't know how tickling everyones ass with a feather has helped them in the long run.

And I agree with Naupis.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6236 on: December 07, 2006, 11:55:08 PM »

Honestly, other than the whole UK gets albums on Mon, US on Tues thing, I'd think Europe (especially the UK) would be first to get CD.  GNR seems to be really respected overseas (compared to hear at least) and they went there first (as opposed to a US tour to kick things off).  Just a thought.

I doubt they would intentionally deny the biggest single country market. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #6237 on: December 07, 2006, 11:58:11 PM »

I doubt they would intentionally deny the biggest single country market. 

Me too, but GNR is loved overseas.  I think people here are still bitter from 02 and the fact that its not the original band.  I'd hope the US would be their first choice, but I don't know.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6238 on: December 07, 2006, 11:58:53 PM »

This tour has been nothing more than a cash grab.

No. You mistaken Guns N' Roses for Motley Crue.

hihi
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:01:01 AM by TVC15 » Logged
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #6239 on: December 08, 2006, 12:01:18 AM »

They have purposely not told us that the album isn't coming out to preserve fan interest in the tour. If they had told everyone back in late September/ Early October that we were definitely not seeing the album this year (and they did know by then, if for no other reason than the logistics involved in releasing an album require more than 4 weeks lead time) then they would have most likely gotten a flurry of bad press, and morale on the board would have dropped tremendously.

All that would have done is take money out of the band's pockets by possibly decreasing ticket sales. Not telling us until late December the album wasn't coming was a strategic business decision that will minimize a potential negative impact on the tour because it will be mostly over by then.

This tour has been nothing more than a cash grab. Not telling us that we weren't getting the album this year when they knew the truth and choosing to let us keep false hope was done to maximize their financial gain. The sooner we realize this and stop facilitating this by snatching up tickets every time Axl shows a sign of life, the sooner we will get the album. He does not have alot of incentive to buck up and put himself out there and release the album when he can make what he does off touring.

So... you think the album will be released if we show less support for the band??   Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: