Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 03:27:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 653194 times)
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #6140 on: December 07, 2006, 08:12:03 PM »

I just love to visit this site and see people out there that still believe that 2006 is the year.? ?Even when faced with the fact that GNR pulled the Harley ad, put a kabosh on the Rolling Stone article and has not utter one word about the album during their shows (don't you find that one odd?), even with all that and much much more .... some of you are still willing to believe in 2006.

I know you want it to happen, bnut doesn't common sense (and all the signs) point to this not happening in 2006?? Why do you guys choose to believe the most expoensive album of all time will be released without fanfare and without promotion?

I'd like to know why.? Is it stupidity or naievity or youth or what?

Cause Axl said this year. "Fall or late fall"  Several time. He never said anything close to that before.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6141 on: December 07, 2006, 08:12:28 PM »

I just love to visit this site and see people out there that still believe that 2006 is the year.? ?Even when faced with the fact that GNR pulled the Harley ad, put a kabosh on the Rolling Stone article and has not utter one word about the album during their shows (don't you find that one odd?), even with all that and much much more .... some of you are still willing to believe in 2006.

I know you want it to happen, bnut doesn't common sense (and all the signs) point to this not happening in 2006?? Why do you guys choose to believe the most expoensive album of all time will be released without fanfare and without promotion?

This album will not come out with weeks of major promotion.

rant peace

And you know this how?
I mean I know you don't know it ... I just really wish people would stop posting facts, that are so blantantly anything but.
Wish the thread I made was still here, it could have become the "CD Release Date Toilet thread" for posts such as those in 90% of this thread.?

Because of piracy AND everyone and their grandmother (fans and non-fans) knows the album is on the horizon. I am positive the promotion will begin when the album is days away from being released or on the release date.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6142 on: December 07, 2006, 08:16:02 PM »

It wiil not be official until the band announces it....keep in mind
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #6143 on: December 07, 2006, 08:16:15 PM »

Cause Axl said this year. "Fall or late fall"? Several time. He never said anything close to that before.

I already said this but it stands to be repeated. yes ?Even more significantly, Axl or anybody related to the band NEVER rescinded these statements.

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #6144 on: December 07, 2006, 08:18:52 PM »

I just love to visit this site and see people out there that still believe that 2006 is the year.   Even when faced with the fact that GNR pulled the Harley ad, put a kabosh on the Rolling Stone article and has not utter one word about the album during their shows (don't you find that one odd?), even with all that and much much more .... some of you are still willing to believe in 2006.

I know you want it to happen, bnut doesn't common sense (and all the signs) point to this not happening in 2006?  Why do you guys choose to believe the most expoensive album of all time will be released without fanfare and without promotion?

I'd like to know why.  Is it stupidity or naievity or youth or what?

Cause Axl said this year. "Fall or late fall"  Several time. He never said anything close to that before.

I already said this but it stands to be repeated. yes  Even more significantly, Axl or anybody related to the band NEVER rescinded these statements.

Exactly!  I honestly think they would've issued a press release by now to cover their asses if it wasn't gonna come out in '06.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #6145 on: December 07, 2006, 08:21:06 PM »

Well, if they always knew that the 19th was the release date, why would they pull the "Better" Harley ad? ?

I really don't think the "Harley ad" is that big of a deal.

A single release or album release isn't going to be based around a motorbike commercial.

I just think someone at Harley realized that the song didn't work with the commercial.  That could have caused an uproar at Universal.  Just speculating...

Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6146 on: December 07, 2006, 08:21:51 PM »

in my case, it sure as hell ain't youth. maybe a bit of stupidity and a touch of naivete , and buried deep within me, there is an eternal optimist.

i believe!! Grin

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #6147 on: December 07, 2006, 08:24:17 PM »

in my case, it sure as hell ain't youth. maybe a bit of stupidity and a touch of naivete , and buried deep within me, there is an eternal optimist.

i believe!! Grin

I might be a little young
But honey I ain't naive smoking

Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #6148 on: December 07, 2006, 08:28:35 PM »

Cause Axl said this year. "Fall or late fall"? Several time. He never said anything close to that before.

I already said this but it stands to be repeated. yes? Even more significantly, Axl or anybody related to the band NEVER rescinded these statements.

Exactly!? I honestly think they would've issued a press release by now to cover their asses if it wasn't gonna come out in '06.

You know this is actually the quintessence of why anyone would believe in a 2006 release.  Plain and simple.

Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6149 on: December 07, 2006, 08:29:51 PM »

i believe!! Grin

I might be a little young
But honey I ain't naive smoking

lol ?i love it! ?

i was hoping that someone else had it going through their head. ?smoking

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6150 on: December 07, 2006, 08:35:32 PM »

Well, hello all. I'm a first time poster here but have been visiting the site religiously for the past several years...especially this past year. I was lucky enough to see Guns live in Jacksonville, Fl on Halloween night.... Great show ! I was 9 when AFD came out and have been a fan ever since. I, along w/ the rest of you have been visiting this site daily praying for some new news. Now, I'm not here to BS any of you by telling you that I work in a record store and that my manager told me... or I saw... or I heard... blah...blah...blah. There is enough of that crap out there already. The reason I finally decided to get off my butt and register after years of visiting is because I seriously CANNOT believe the amount of people out there, supposed fans especially, that really are thinking that this album ISN'T coming out ! Of course, it's coming out !! Axl said it himself to RS Magazine, Eddie Trunk, and then again at the VMA's. Hell, Merck even re-iterated it w/ the whole one Tuesday this year thing ! I mean what more do you want to hear... b-sides a song or an actual date. I have no doubt Democracy will drop by year's end. If I were a betting man I'd say that day probably will be the 18th or 19th of this month. No, I have no source or "new info" on the matter but I consider it more than just wishful thinking too. I honestly believe Axl is a very smart guy and he sure as hell isn't going to spend the year saying all that just to tell us here 2 wks before 2007 that "no, it's not going to happen now." ?I know someone's gonna fire back by asking "why hasnt it leaked?" or "when is it going to be pressed?" or "why is there no news". Well, I honestly believe that this album was pressed early in the year or possibly last year and its being held under close wraps w/ only Axl's selected few. I mean hell, I'm sure Axl could afford to buy the equipment and have the album pressed in the comfort of his own mansion if he so chose. This is Axl's baby...period. I'm sure he has discussed w/ his management and label on how best to release and protect "the most expensive album ever made." You non-believers are gonna ?feel silly in a couple weeks when this thing is finally here and you realize that you worried for absolutely nothing ! Again, I have no proof but I just know that he definitely is not waiting to tell all of us that it's not coming just so he can sell more concert tickets. Think about it ! Bottom line is that it'll be here soon so just sit back and relax cos it's gonna be a very Merry Christmas !

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #6151 on: December 07, 2006, 08:39:36 PM »

Welcome to the board.  I agree 100%.

Bring back Adler indeed...

RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #6152 on: December 07, 2006, 08:40:39 PM »

My heart is swelling with joy. Nice post!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #6153 on: December 07, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »

It is a nice post, and welcome to the board duder!
But it isn't anything we haven't seen in this thread a hundered times over.
I for one, hope and fucking pray you are right. ok

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
moonlightdrive21
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6154 on: December 07, 2006, 08:57:49 PM »

Amen!!!   beer
moonlightdrive21
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6155 on: December 07, 2006, 08:59:35 PM »

Cause Axl said this year.

Lips Sealed hihi
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #6156 on: December 07, 2006, 09:00:59 PM »

Axk says a lot of things, but that doesnt mean he means everything he says.

hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6157 on: December 07, 2006, 09:03:32 PM »

axl has been a man of his word in the past when it comes to the cd. In 2001-2002 he never said it was coming soon, he actually said soon was not the word, and as dissapointing as that was I appreciated the honesty, which is why I believe him now when he said it is coming this year.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #6158 on: December 07, 2006, 09:03:46 PM »

who's axk? did axl get a new manager or something? ?cause if axk is the new manager, it would prob. be better than merck
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #6159 on: December 07, 2006, 09:04:09 PM »

yes ?That's right. ?F'shizzle.

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: