Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 01:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 653810 times)
Jecoma
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5920 on: December 07, 2006, 06:49:25 AM »

I've been reading this thread religiously every day, but never had the "drive" to post a comment. Until now...

For me; it's very clear the CD IS NOT coming out this year. From a logical standpoint the simplest "fact" to conclude this, is the lack of promotion (not counting the tour as part of the promotion machine).

Guys, realistically speaking, the CD industry is seriously in trouble. A major album like Chinese Democracy would, if released in the near future, be hyped, advertised, get media attention and all. Not only does Axl want to make sure this album sells, but Universal as well.

The lack of promotion is the 'proof' you need. No album soon. It's as simple as that.

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5921 on: December 07, 2006, 06:53:55 AM »

It would be worth sending an camera team to every hardcore motherfucker from this board. Just to make sure the expression on the faces will be kept on film? hihi

You think if it drops next week we will look dumb?!?! Considering the album has been rumoured for release for years we are hardly gona feel stupid for saying its not coming out if it eventually does.

And Im saying Im not going to buy the album, of course I will, even if it comes out in 2016 Ill still give it a listen. All Im sayin is if it doesnt come out this year then Im not wasting my time searching for news and gossip.

Axl n Merck said 2006. They said Tuesday. If they dont deliver then in my opinion they are being extremely disrespectful to a very very understanding/forgiving bunch of fans.
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #5922 on: December 07, 2006, 06:55:35 AM »

I think we have to change our perspective a bit. We are sitting here trying to break down every slip of information given to us over the past year. WHilst the band probably dont even remember saying half these things. You think Axl has sleepless nights thinking that he hasnt stuck to his word? I bet he doesnt even remmeber saying it and he is just having fun on tour. Its only a small percentage of fans at the concerts that even know the release date for the album is apparently looming. Everyone else is just having a good time, regardless of release dates or how many tuesdays there are left in this century.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5923 on: December 07, 2006, 07:02:19 AM »

I think we have to change our perspective a bit. We are sitting here trying to break down every slip of information given to us over the past year. WHilst the band probably dont even remember saying half these things. You think Axl has sleepless nights thinking that he hasnt stuck to his word? I bet he doesnt even remmeber saying it and he is just having fun on tour. Its only a small percentage of fans at the concerts that even know the release date for the album is apparently looming. Everyone else is just having a good time, regardless of release dates or how many tuesdays there are left in this century.

This is bull. People are going to the gigs because they like the music. That's all. If they have fun...i highly doubt it if you read all the comments made
- booing
- throwing shit
- early leaving
- comments like: it was boring (solo's), bad sound, bad reviews,...etc

A small majority had the 'time of their life'. I also went to them this year and they were a 'bit' better than 2002, but I also saw them live in the '90s and they're nothing compared to that time!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5924 on: December 07, 2006, 07:04:15 AM »

WHilst the band probably dont even remember saying half these things.

Hmm.. I dont think thats the case as Merck and Axl have specifcally mentioned this board and they themselves have responded to remarks here.

They know every scrap of news they give us is analyised... probably why they give us so little... but they did make bold statemens in saying that its out this year etc. So they cant not expect us to expect for it to be out.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #5925 on: December 07, 2006, 07:06:15 AM »

I keep hearing how they played to 800,000 people in europe .........they played festivals for the big crowds to be added up.

Correct. I also went to them during festival (40.000 attendance) for which there was even a small minority comming to really see the Gunners. They're just not 'hot' anymore and that's their (Axl's) own fucking fault.

The only thing to be hot again:
1. bring out a hell of an album (why not a triple CD? as there were rumors in the past that they had enough new material for more than 1 record)

2. reunion! really!  Angry

c'mon man, i think gn'r did pretty well in europe and i do think they were pretty fuckin' hot!

They toured britain on their own with a good bunch of shows, and they played huge cities in europe like madrid and paris, Budapest, Prague, Warszawa, Z?rich, Istanbul they also had sold out gigs in oslo, stockholm and helsinki.

True, they did play to alot of people during the festival gigs, but they played for more people on their own.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
kopitejohn
« Reply #5926 on: December 07, 2006, 07:09:00 AM »

Hmm.. I dont think thats the case as Merck and Axl have specifcally mentioned this board and they themselves have responded to remarks here.

They know every scrap of news they give us is analyised... probably why they give us so little... but they did make bold statemens in saying that its out this year etc. So they cant not expect us to expect for it to be out.

very true. ?why should we not expect in this year. ?after all that is what we have been told. ?until 31st december i will be expecting to see CD.
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #5927 on: December 07, 2006, 07:13:58 AM »

This is bull. People are going to the gigs because they like the music. That's all. If they have fun...i highly doubt it if you read all the comments made
- booing
- throwing shit
- early leaving
- comments like: it was boring (solo's), bad sound, bad reviews,...etc

A small majority had the 'time of their life'. I also went to them this year and they were a 'bit' better than 2002, but I also saw them live in the '90s and they're nothing compared to that time!
I think the majority of people are going to the gigs just to have a good time and not the concerned with spending hours fishing for release date rumours. therefore if a release date wasnt announced the tour wouldnt suffer one bit (well some hardcores might be annoyed but they wouldnt send their tickets back).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 08:17:46 AM by slunksoma » Logged
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #5928 on: December 07, 2006, 07:19:06 AM »

Ok so maybe they dont remember saying them but its not like they are consummed with those quotes as we are. Axl has other things to do than worry that hteir are 300 pages of a topic on here discussing why they said what. As far as he is concerned he said late fall, and its still late fall-therefore he's concerntrating on rocking at the shows.

ha, maybe i should make myself clear the first time save the backtracking!  ok
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 07:25:09 AM by slunksoma » Logged
rv62900
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5929 on: December 07, 2006, 07:38:23 AM »

somebody please lock this thread....... there are no rumours in this thread anymore, just people bitching about GNR not releasing the album rant
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5930 on: December 07, 2006, 07:41:35 AM »

Well in 2 weeks will have a release date according to Axl and Merck. It will have either been released or like Axl and Merck said by a process of elimination it will be released on the 26th of December.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 07:47:25 AM by kriss_boy » Logged
kopitejohn
« Reply #5931 on: December 07, 2006, 07:52:00 AM »

we will all find out soon enough.  in the next couple of weeks we will know if any of the rumours are true or not.  watch this space.
cyalex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5932 on: December 07, 2006, 07:56:12 AM »

This Thread is getting too looooong and boring Tongue
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #5933 on: December 07, 2006, 08:04:07 AM »

Till the next bit of info....or when some slovenian record store opens! Tongue
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #5934 on: December 07, 2006, 08:04:20 AM »

hehe, with all these speculations, rumours and shit! I will have a good laugh if in the end we just receive a decent 19-12 release ?Wink

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5935 on: December 07, 2006, 08:12:54 AM »

You know what?
I just don't understand why Axl and Merck post messages (through jarmo) in this forum about shows that got cancelled and other stuff, but yet don't give us a fucking clue about the cd!
Come on! We're the biggest Gn'r fans ... and we have absolute no idea about what's going on with Gn'r ... i was really expecting the cd to be out by the end of the yar, but it's pretty obvious it won't ... It's ridicoulous... i'm tired... Tell us why the fuck this is taking that long !! We are fans ... we pay tickets to see your shows, we deserve some respect ...

Of course i won't stop listening to their songs. Of course i'm gonna buy Chin Dem when(or if) it is released. But i'm really frustrated with this whole stuff ... i don't know if i'm ready to one more year of bullshit, rumours and lies ...

ps: this my first "angry" post ...
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #5936 on: December 07, 2006, 08:19:49 AM »

I still think its coming out this year because GnR said it would. Until the year is over we have no real reason to think otherwise. Sure albums usually have lots of promotion etc, but this isnt your usual album.
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #5937 on: December 07, 2006, 08:23:17 AM »

300 pages...wow
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #5938 on: December 07, 2006, 08:23:41 AM »

The most promising Tuesday is only 12 days away...if it comes and goes and we have no cd then it is going to get really ugly.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #5939 on: December 07, 2006, 08:24:35 AM »

But i'm really frustrated with this whole stuff ... i don't know if i'm ready to one more year of bullshit, rumours and lies ...

I feel the same..we all feel the same ...I believe
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: