Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 03:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 653941 times)
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #5900 on: December 07, 2006, 02:54:16 AM »

I would like to point out that this is the 297th page of postings for a RUMOR thread..... come one people i think we have all learned that rumors dont mean anything by now(not to say that i am not anxiously awaiting an OFFICIAL release date for CD.)

Do you think we'll hit 400 pages in 2006 or 2007? ?I'm starting to lose hope in 2006, but I don't think January is a good month to hit 400 pages either. ?I wish someone from the GNR camp would just tell me when we are going to hit 400 pages in this thread!!! hihi

We'll hit it this year... but then again, if we don't, i think we should wait till may.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5901 on: December 07, 2006, 03:31:03 AM »

God fucking damnit. Please release the CD!!!

If it aint out 2006 then I wont be coming back to this site i dont tihnk.

I post on other forums but check this for official news and stuff. But if the new year kicks without CD then I aint really interested in any news. Ill just wait till its on the shelves and getting reviewed etc.

We aint had anything offical for ages. What happened to thw ebsite.. the blog and promise of a video. What happened to better on the harley add. what happened to 13 tuesdays.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #5902 on: December 07, 2006, 03:35:13 AM »

I post on other forums but check this for official news and stuff. But if the new year kicks without CD then I aint really interested in any news. Ill just wait till its on the shelves and getting reviewed etc.

We aint had anything offical for ages. What happened to thw ebsite.. the blog and promise of a video. What happened to better on the harley add. what happened to 13 tuesdays.

Nearly everyone will be back. I don't think even this will kill interest in the band. 

I don't think however that the band can go back to cities like Boston (Worcester), Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Jacksonville...ect....and expect to play to even half filled the arenas if there is no album for the public to digest.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 03:48:16 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #5903 on: December 07, 2006, 03:35:41 AM »

i think all of these things hint to there being something up, be it legal or otherwise? Huh Huh

either way the band should really speak out, if they are unable to because its a legal thing, all that needs to be done is say the album is done but there is a few things we need to get past before we can release, how hard is that

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
kopitejohn
« Reply #5904 on: December 07, 2006, 03:36:42 AM »

Don't know if this is of any interest and apologies if not but it seems the hmv (uk) website has now changed. ?Where before when searching for "chinese democracy" we got the out on 18 dec 2006 but title deleted it seems that the search now brings up nothing found. ?doesn't seem too promising.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/advancedSearch.do?searchType=2&pGroupID=-1&defaultPrimaryID=1%3A2&artist=&title=chinese+democracy&catalogue=&format=&primaryID=1&secondaryID=-1&label=
kopitejohn
« Reply #5905 on: December 07, 2006, 03:39:13 AM »

Nearly everyone will be back. I don't think even this will kill interest in the band.?

I don't think however that the band can go back to cities like Boston (Worcester), Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Jacksonville...ect....and expect to even half fill the arenas if there is no album for the public to digest.

i agree, this will not kill interest in the band.  everyone (almost) i would think will come back.  they are still gonna want chinese democracy.  if it doesn't come out before the end of the year, well then so be it, the rumours will then start for next year.  the interest will always be there and the fans stil want the album.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5906 on: December 07, 2006, 03:41:33 AM »

Nearly everyone will be back. I don't think even this will kill interest in the band.?

I don't think however that the band can go back to cities like Boston (Worcester), Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Jacksonville...ect....and expect to even half fill the arenas if there is no album for the public to digest.

I disagree.

GnR finished their Europe stint months ago and we've had nothing since. The US tour finishes soon too and the promise of CD looks very bleak.

I love this band but its just too depressing logging on every morning to nothingness. If it comes out then I guess Ill shurrup but if it doesnt then Ill feel pretty insulted and cheated.

I used to be excited bout the setlists being released in the live updates... now I dont care about that either because only one thing matters as a gnr fan.. THEE album.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #5907 on: December 07, 2006, 05:29:24 AM »

i love how people say that they won't come to the board come 2007 and that they won't buy cd if it's not out this year.
guess what: nobody gives a shit. you think that 2000 geeks on a message board will make or break this album? reality check: no fucking way! you think if 2000 people won't buy it it matters? this album is set to sell millions when it comes out. what's 2000 next to two millions? and the general public doesn't care about the fact that there's no album out because to the general public there is not a release date set, no commercials, nothing. so they don't care. the moment cd will be slated for release everybody will know it. the management of the band thinks business and their main focus is the general public not a few crazy fans on a board. so you won't be here jan. 1 2007. fine, whatever, your presence here won't decide if cd is successful or not.

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5908 on: December 07, 2006, 05:31:48 AM »

The "new" GN'R and Chinese Democracy is turning into one big fucking sick joke!

Always leaving the fans in the cold!!!

We should start thinking about a boycot of this GN'R as they are fucking too much with us! We do not deserve this shit. They're making easy money with their so called 'Chinese Democracy' tour and 95% of the music they play live is made by 'another band'. Without the 'old band's music' , they wouldn't have so much credit and there wouldn't be much fans in the first place....

This year I actually believed and hoped for a release...but yet again....dissapointment! It's a joke!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #5909 on: December 07, 2006, 05:34:14 AM »

I wonder how much GNR will laugh at us when the album drops next week

It would be worth sending an camera team to every hardcore motherfucker from this board. Just to make sure the expression on the faces will be kept on film  hihi

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5910 on: December 07, 2006, 05:47:58 AM »

The only surprise is that the 2006 release date hasnt been officially scrapped by the band. That gives very slim hope of it still happening.

If not, I'll be back in 07, 08, 09 whatever it takes

" there are only 52 tuesdays in 07"? Roll Eyes crying rofl

no emoticon can describe it!

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5911 on: December 07, 2006, 05:53:05 AM »

C'mon be real man, no release this year...maybe never!
On HMV site they also remove 'Chinese Democracy' from the 'coming soon' pages....

kopitejohn
« Reply #5912 on: December 07, 2006, 05:57:39 AM »

agreed. ?no matter what happens i'll be back. ?only been on the board for a short time but will be back if the album fails to drop. ?saying that i'll be back if the album does drop in the next week or so. ?either way real fans will be back. ?granted some may be a bit pissed that we don't have the album yet, but fans are fans and they'll stay loyal to the band. ?even if it doesn't drop this year i am happy as got to see the band in manchester and that is plenty for now and if the album does come well, HMV will never be the same again when i have stuck my arse in it's window.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5913 on: December 07, 2006, 06:02:51 AM »

Now, I'm getting tired of this shit so I will post my thoughts about everything that's going on with the album recently:

1. CD comes out before 1st January and everyone is happy. The album is great sells 10 millions or so and GN'R are back to where they deserve to be.

2. CD comes out but it's a complete disaster. Have a few good songs doesn't sell a shit and GN'R are fucked up.

3. CD's not coming out because rock n' roll is not what it used to be and Axl knows that. No matter how great are the songs he waits for the time because otherwise he will be fucked up with a brilliant CD and no respect for it.

4. CD never comes out because everything is happening to be one big fucking joke. Axl and the guys are just touring because of the fun, lack of money or attention or whatever fuckin' reason there is.

Too complicated but that's my opinion about all this shit. And no matter what happens, I will always love GN'R and I will always go to their concerts and I will always check the news section and hope one day the album will come out.

"...It don't really matter..."
Mauve_All
Rocker

« Reply #5914 on: December 07, 2006, 06:17:47 AM »

Now, I'm getting tired of this shit so I will post my thoughts about everything that's going on with the album recently:

1. CD comes out before 1st January and everyone is happy. The album is great sells 10 millions or so and GN'R are back to where they deserve to be.

2. CD comes out but it's a complete disaster. Have a few good songs doesn't sell a shit and GN'R are fucked up.

3. CD's not coming out because rock n' roll is not what it used to be and Axl knows that. No matter how great are the songs he waits for the time because otherwise he will be fucked up with a brilliant CD and no respect for it.

4. CD never comes out because everything is happening to be one big fucking joke. Axl and the guys are just touring because of the fun, lack of money or attention or whatever fuckin' reason there is.

Too complicated but that's my opinion about all this shit. And no matter what happens, I will always love GN'R and I will always go to their concerts and I will always check the news section and hope one day the album will come out.

I'll agree on the above. Plus this thread is getting too hard for me to follow, too many posts every day about the same things again and again and again.

I'm a drinker with writing problems
http://www.myspace.com/mauve_all
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #5915 on: December 07, 2006, 06:19:54 AM »

C'mon be real man, no release this year...maybe never!
On HMV site they also remove 'Chinese Democracy' from the 'coming soon' pages....

I am real PREZ. That was basicly sarcasm? ok

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5916 on: December 07, 2006, 06:22:30 AM »

Lets be realistic folks guns do not deserve to ?be back where they belong they have done nothing in years .I keep hearing how they played to 800,000 people in europe .........they played festivals for the big crowds to be added up.

When oh when will people realise that they have been strung along all this time it's axl's karaoke tour
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #5917 on: December 07, 2006, 06:34:08 AM »

It's not coming out because everyone involved knows damn well it's not going to live up to expectations and it's better to keep the mythology around this band going while they still need to sell tour tickets rather than release an album full of guff like The Blues, which will be torn to pieces by the press. Don't get me wrong, Better and TWAT are a couple of corkers, but they're the only two songs we've heard which rate any better than the filler on UYI.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5918 on: December 07, 2006, 06:36:35 AM »

Lets be realistic folks guns do not deserve to ?be back where they belong they have done nothing in years .I keep hearing how they played to 800,000 people in europe .........they played festivals for the big crowds to be added up.

When oh when will people realise that they have been strung along all this time it's axl's karaoke tour

Hey dude, read the whole 1. They will come back if they release the CD.  ok

I'm outta here. Cheers...

"...It don't really matter..."
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5919 on: December 07, 2006, 06:43:11 AM »

I keep hearing how they played to 800,000 people in europe .........they played festivals for the big crowds to be added up.

Correct. I also went to them during festival (40.000 attendance) for which there was even a small minority comming to really see the Gunners. They're just not 'hot' anymore and that's their (Axl's) own fucking fault.

The only thing to be hot again:
1. bring out a hell of an album (why not a triple CD? as there were rumors in the past that they had enough new material for more than 1 record)

2. reunion! really!  Angry

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: