Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 03:20:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 653922 times)
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5880 on: December 06, 2006, 11:46:37 PM »

Damn, every day I come home I come to this board, hoping for some sort of release date on this epic album. I am really getting exhausted when it comes to waiting for this album that has been told on several occasions would be out this year.

I love the band, I love Axl, and the whole tour. Great shows. I am trying to keep positive because hearing Better and IRS live breathes new life into me at every show.

It is a little unprofessional on how we are being kept in the dark though. Before the flames start shooting on me, just remember I am not bashing, just a little disappointed.

dude you have mercs mail , since your so fed up , email him and ask.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5881 on: December 06, 2006, 11:48:15 PM »

#2: A polished turd is, indeed, a turd.  If you suspect Chinese Democracy might be such, this would be an excellent time to consider that your time might be better spent elsewhere, as the primary purpose of this particular thread is to discuss it. 

You miss the point totally about my turd comment. If Axl needs to delay CD more because he feels it can be better, maybe it's time to just accept it as is. If he hasn't turned it into what he wants after 10 years, he's probably never gonna turn it into something other than a turd in his own eyes.

Also, I'm not gonna be thankful if GNR never releases another album. I'm gonna be pissed, because they said another was coming and toured based on the idea that another CD is coming.

So...a turd is in the eye of the beholder? hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #5882 on: December 06, 2006, 11:48:48 PM »

Damn, every day I come home I come to this board, hoping for some sort of release date on this epic album. I am really getting exhausted when it comes to waiting for this album that has been told on several occasions would be out this year.

I love the band, I love Axl, and the whole tour. Great shows. I am trying to keep positive because hearing Better and IRS live breathes new life into me at every show.

It is a little unprofessional on how we are being kept in the dark though. Before the flames start shooting on me, just remember I am not bashing, just a little disappointed.

I've tried several times.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5883 on: December 06, 2006, 11:51:21 PM »

And Merck will of course be more than happy to give an informative answer. Maybe he'll take us out for ice cream afterwards too? Perhaps give us a sneak listen of CD in the car?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5884 on: December 06, 2006, 11:53:02 PM »

And Merck will of course be more than happy to give an informative answer. Maybe he'll take us out for ice cream afterwards too? Perhaps give us a sneak listen of CD in the car?

I'm sure kissing his ass , and sticking him on some higher platow will work as well
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5885 on: December 07, 2006, 12:00:46 AM »

I'm sure kissing his ass , and sticking him on some higher platow will work as well

You implying someone's an ass kisser? It Tastes Good, Don't It?

estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5886 on: December 07, 2006, 12:04:59 AM »

I would like to point out that this is the 297th page of postings for a RUMOR thread..... come one people i think we have all learned that rumors dont mean anything by now(not to say that i am not anxiously awaiting an OFFICIAL release date for CD.)

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
italysfinest1985
Rocker

« Reply #5887 on: December 07, 2006, 12:05:17 AM »

LOL I enjoyed that one.

italysfinest1985
Rocker

« Reply #5888 on: December 07, 2006, 12:06:58 AM »

By the way, with this thread having over 203,000 views...its pretty evident no one cares about Chinese Democracy.  hihi

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #5889 on: December 07, 2006, 12:15:52 AM »

almost 300 pages, people...come on, we can do it!

Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #5890 on: December 07, 2006, 12:16:35 AM »

funny this is about those 203,000 views are the same people... over and over lol lol olol ?hihi ?rofl ? rofl how accurate is that 203,000 given people will always check it like 3 times a day, and there's like 1000 members.. go figure
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5891 on: December 07, 2006, 12:17:43 AM »

I would like to point out that this is the 297th page of postings for a RUMOR thread..... come one people i think we have all learned that rumors dont mean anything by now(not to say that i am not anxiously awaiting an OFFICIAL release date for CD.)

Do you think we'll hit 400 pages in 2006 or 2007? ?I'm starting to lose hope in 2006, but I don't think January is a good month to hit 400 pages either. ?I wish someone from the GNR camp would just tell me when we are going to hit 400 pages in this thread!!! hihi

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #5892 on: December 07, 2006, 12:18:47 AM »

funny this is about those 203,000 views are the same people... over and over lol lol olol ?hihi ?rofl ? rofl how accurate is that 203,000 given people will always check it like 3 times a day, and there's like 1000 members.. go figure
Oops I take that back there's like almost 8000..... but even so, how many check this every day every hour on the hour??? lol it's just like. well. who knows how many people read the thread that haven't been to it before.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5893 on: December 07, 2006, 12:23:19 AM »

Do you think we'll hit 400 pages in 2006 or 2007? ?I'm starting to lose hope in 2006, but I don't think January is a good month to hit 400 pages either. ?I wish someone from the GNR camp would just tell me when we are going to hit 400 pages in this thread!!! hihi

We were at 197 pages 11 days ago. That's 200 new posts a day. We might reach 500 by January.

gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5894 on: December 07, 2006, 12:46:18 AM »

I've been a fan for a long time and reading the boards since 2000.  Has anyone noticed that anyone connected with the band that posts on these boards has become increasingly defensive and paranoid?  It seems as though any negative fan reaction on the board garners an almost immediate scolding response from beta, mysteron, jarmo, etc.  I don't get it.  If we're finally looking at a new album release and more mainstream exposure for the band, why deride it's most hardcore following for asking questions illicited by the fact that we've been kept in the dark for so long and still hung on.  Why are the only posts some of these people make take the form of negative posts demeaning members of a fan board for the band?   I really think it's a poor choice...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5895 on: December 07, 2006, 12:58:32 AM »

I've been a fan for a long time and reading the boards since 2000.  Has anyone noticed that anyone connected with the band that posts on these boards has become increasingly defensive and paranoid?  It seems as though any negative fan reaction on the board garners an almost immediate scolding response from beta, mysteron, jarmo, etc.  I don't get it.  If we're finally looking at a new album release and more mainstream exposure for the band, why deride it's most hardcore following for asking questions illicited by the fact that we've been kept in the dark for so long and still hung on.  Why are the only posts some of these people make take the form of negative posts demeaning members of a fan board for the band?   I really think it's a poor choice...

I think some of it has to do with posts where the negative statement seems to imply that somehow the poster has intimate knowledge of what's going on with GNR or Axl or whatever.  When these are negative, you get a lot of responses from Mysteron, and rightly so.  He responded earlier to a discussion about the friendship between Baz and Axl, where people were talking negatively with no real information...just rampant negative speculation.  The only recent Beta post I've seen has been in response to the band's departure from Chicago in the middle of the snow storm, and was basically a correction about why the show went later than usual.  I wouldn't characterize it as paranoid.  Jarmo just doesn't seem to like us bashing the band...which I understand, as this is a fan forum.  There are plenty of other places to go to bash anything you like. 

Overall, you'll notice that the "rumor" thread contains a fair amount of negativity, and hasn't been deleted.  There are legitimate questions that fans ask, and then there's simple bashing of the band. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5896 on: December 07, 2006, 01:03:27 AM »

Fair enough, bashing of the band is unescessary. But GN'R should know better than to expect anything less with the current state of affairs. You have to admit something's not right when your biggest fans start bashing you. And since the fans are a non-homogenic group they're not the ones to blame.

The blame lay with GN'R, and I think many fans are increasingly pissed that they sometimes seem to forget that and try and turn it over on us. It's not fair play.

That doesn't mean we're not fans of the music. That we'll always be.

italysfinest1985
Rocker

« Reply #5897 on: December 07, 2006, 02:41:51 AM »

God fucking damnit. Please release the CD!!!

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #5898 on: December 07, 2006, 02:47:38 AM »

the dude who said he was "done" a page or so back, i think, was quite right, some people here defend the band mercilessly, and for what reason?

the band said 2006, in muy opinion i give a 10% chance of that happening.

the guy was pissed at being kept in the dark, and we are. most bands have updates on their website eg. "XXXXXX, started recording some guitar today, and should be done by like next week, XXXXXX. said, "i'm really in to this new album blah blah blah"

we dont get shit, from anyone, nothing. im sure someone will say this isn't most bands, this is GnR, Pulease.

i gave up for 2006 a long time ago, and those who say wait till new years, i will see you Jan 1st. and boom..... rant rant rant.

this is in no way a pop at the band but a pop at mindless defense of the band for no reason other than some sort of syncophantic pandering to rock stars as if they own your ass.

guess what, they dont. yes

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #5899 on: December 07, 2006, 02:48:55 AM »

Fair enough, bashing of the band is unescessary. But GN'R should know better than to expect anything less with the current state of affairs. You have to admit something's not right when your biggest fans start bashing you. And since the fans are a non-homogenic group they're not the ones to blame.

The blame lay with GN'R, and I think many fans are increasingly pissed that they sometimes seem to forget that and try and turn it over on us. It's not fair play.

That doesn't mean we're not fans of the music. That we'll always be.

Let me be honest.. I'm the biggest GNR fan.... Old and New.... I'm the biggest fan of Axl... I'm the biggest fan of this new band, and what it has to offer... But dont say "GNR" is to blame.. Axl is to blame, dont drag gunners into this... Weather its slash, duff, tommy, izzy, finck, pitman, or dizzy... Cause they are all GNR in some way or other.. But Axl deserves what is happening right now.... In the same hand... If this is a huge success he'll be a god.. More than he is now to some....
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: