Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 05:29:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 654538 times)
benchiefjr
« Reply #5860 on: December 06, 2006, 09:55:14 PM »

Can you imagine if every artist felt compelled to respond to every complaint? Huh

It's not a single complaint.  It's a general feeling growing among even the most loyal fanbase.  Yeah I'll by the cd when it comes out, but I'm starting to care less and less.  Sure I rock out to Better and TWAT on a frequent basis, but it makes me sad to know I'm missing out on other great tracks.  The fact that they're giving us the silent treatment is really pissing me off.  Just give us some more info or regular updates as to what's going on.  It doesn't have to be much, but just enough to show us you care.  GNR says they love their fans, but they sure don't act like it by leaving us in the dark and pretty much ignoring us.  Fuck that, I'm done.

Dude, what more do you want?  Axl said its coming out this year.  It's coming out this year. What more do you want him to tell you?

On that note, say it isn't so.  Don't go.  Baby please don't go.... Cry
and yet, there are absolutely no indications it is coming this year.  Thank you Axl  Cry
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #5861 on: December 06, 2006, 10:00:57 PM »

The fact that this the GNR camp has been so active in playing damage control (the cancelled shows in Milwaukee and Portland, ME, etc) and so quick to issue a press release leads me to believe that they would have told us already its not coming out this year.  I'm 51% sure this thing has a chance of coming out on 12/19/06.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5862 on: December 06, 2006, 10:04:11 PM »

I'd love to see it on the 19th....however given the events the last few weeks, IMO there is less than a 5% chance we see it in 2006

evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #5863 on: December 06, 2006, 10:05:21 PM »

What events?  The gave us a press release about a cancelled concert.  How about a cancelled album?

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5864 on: December 06, 2006, 10:12:41 PM »

Can you imagine if every artist felt compelled to respond to every complaint? Huh

It's not a single complaint.? It's a general feeling growing among even the most loyal fanbase.? Yeah I'll by the cd when it comes out, but I'm starting to care less and less.? Sure I rock out to Better and TWAT on a frequent basis, but it makes me sad to know I'm missing out on other great tracks.? The fact that they're giving us the silent treatment is really pissing me off.? Just give us some more info or regular updates as to what's going on.? It doesn't have to be much, but just enough to show us you care.? GNR says they love their fans, but they sure don't act like it by leaving us in the dark and pretty much ignoring us.? Fuck that, I'm done.

Dude, what more do you want?? Axl said its coming out this year.? It's coming out this year. What more do you want him to tell you?

On that note, say it isn't so.? Don't go.? Baby please don't go.... Cry
and yet, there are absolutely no indications it is coming this year.? Thank you Axl? Cry

Isn't that a contradiction?  Axl indicates it is coming out this year by saying it is but there is no indication.  rofl

3 tuesdays left isn't it?  Well it is down to 3 dates. 
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5865 on: December 06, 2006, 10:21:05 PM »

It's not a single complaint.? It's a general feeling growing among even the most loyal fanbase.? Yeah I'll by the cd when it comes out, but I'm starting to care less and less.? Sure I rock out to Better and TWAT on a frequent basis, but it makes me sad to know I'm missing out on other great tracks.? The fact that they're giving us the silent treatment is really pissing me off.? Just give us some more info or regular updates as to what's going on.? It doesn't have to be much, but just enough to show us you care.? GNR says they love their fans, but they sure don't act like it by leaving us in the dark and pretty much ignoring us.? Fuck that, I'm done.

Dude, what more do you want?? Axl said its coming out this year.? It's coming out this year. What more do you want him to tell you?

On that note, say it isn't so.? Don't go.? Baby please don't go.... Cry
and yet, there are absolutely no indications it is coming this year.? Thank you Axl? Cry

Isn't that a contradiction?? Axl indicates it is coming out this year by saying it is but there is no indication.? rofl

3 tuesdays left isn't it?? Well it is down to 3 dates.?

Confirmed.? That was a contradiction.? Axl has confirmed the release numerously this year.

It's clear to me that the current scenario is exactly what they want.? Why else say "there are 13 Tuesdays left" if they didn't want to create a mass hysteria of anticipation?  It's actually brilliant marketing...... yes if it comes out in 06 Undecided
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 10:22:57 PM by Bang Bang » Logged

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5866 on: December 06, 2006, 10:39:54 PM »

Confirmed.? That was a contradiction.? Axl has confirmed the release numerously this year.

It's clear to me that the current scenario is exactly what they want.? Why else say "there are 13 Tuesdays left" if they didn't want to create a mass hysteria of anticipation?? It's actually brilliant marketing...... yes if it comes out in 06 Undecided

Mass hysteria of anticipation? I post one thread about Chinese Democracy on the biggest general music forum in my country and there are barely 10 replies. Half positive, obviously members of this board, and the rest blatantly negative. Nobody cares, nobody really ever did. The only hysteria going on is in here. The rest of the world doesn't care, mostly because they have no clue about anything. All they know about GN'R is that their newspaper claims the album is coming a couple of times a year. GN'R is a joke to them.

Now I'm not saying people don't want to hear new music from Axl, but they need to hear it first. They gotta hear a new song on the radio, they gotta see the commercial on tv, they gotta read the review in the paper and they gotta read the interview in their favorite music magazine.

There isn't going to be any surprise release. I know of one band who did it, Limp Bizkit. We know how that went, and they weren't exactly nobodys either at the time. People need to be reminded about something, over and over again. Only then will it stick to their memory, and only then will they even recognize the fact that the new GN'R album on the shelves is something they need to have. I never gave a shit about Metallica, liked a few songs and that was it. Never the less, when the hype and promotion for St Anger were so big as it were, it made me interested. It turned out to be shit, but they made a pretty good job at getting me interested.

CD may be good enough for a lot of people to like it, but those people might not even get the chance to be aware of that fact if media is left to do the promotion alone. That wont suffice. Status and reputation will give you coverage, but it wont steal the spotlight from those artists that has actually paid for their spot. GN'R and everybody else that is in the music business knows this, and even though their behaviour can be bizarre they wont let millions of dollar fly out the window when they can avoid it.

GN'R will get a normal release, with lots of promotion. A single and a video will air atleast a month in advance. Not only because it's the smart thing to do, but mainly because the label who has poured over 10 million into this project will demand it. Chinese Democracy starts March, at the earliest. People should come to terms with that. It will make the disappointment and waiting alot easier.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5867 on: December 06, 2006, 10:40:41 PM »

Oh my God...the whining! crying

#1: No, no you couldn't have written AFD.  I know you like to say you could to prove your point (or to prove others wrong), but don't be ridiculous.  Many call it the best hard rock album EVER...you couldn't have written it.  Period. (and neither could I, by the way)

#2: A polished turd is, indeed, a turd.  If you suspect Chinese Democracy might be such, this would be an excellent time to consider that your time might be better spent elsewhere, as the primary purpose of this particular thread is to discuss it.

#3: GNR has given us all some incredible albums.  If they gave no more, you should be thankful for that, at least.  If Chinese Democracy never comes, I'd still love their other stuff, and would listen to it regularly.  But, I'm not OWED anything.  I've spent enough money to buy some cds, a few t-shirts, one concert ticket, and a tank of gas.  I don't regret any of those things, and feel I've gotten way more than I put in out of being a fan of this band.  I'm also thankful that, when I have kids, I'll be able to play them some really great music or, more likely, to beat them over the head with it when they start listening to whatever shit is being pushed by MTV at that particular time.  If you haven't had a similar experience, you might want to cast your music loyalties elsewhere.     

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5868 on: December 06, 2006, 11:08:06 PM »

#1: No, no you couldn't have written AFD.? I know you like to say you could to prove your point (or to prove others wrong), but don't be ridiculous.? Many call it the best hard rock album EVER...you couldn't have written it.? Period. (and neither could I, by the way)

#2: A polished turd is, indeed, a turd.? If you suspect Chinese Democracy might be such, this would be an excellent time to consider that your time might be better spent elsewhere, as the primary purpose of this particular thread is to discuss it.

#3: GNR has given us all some incredible albums.? If they gave no more, you should be thankful for that, at least.? If Chinese Democracy never comes, I'd still love their other stuff, and would listen to it regularly.? But, I'm not OWED anything.? I've spent enough money to buy some cds, a few t-shirts, one concert ticket, and a tank of gas.? I don't regret any of those things, and feel I've gotten way more than I put in out of being a fan of this band.? I'm also thankful that, when I have kids, I'll be able to play them some really great music or, more likely, to beat them over the head with it when they start listening to whatever shit is being pushed by MTV at that particular time.? If you haven't had a similar experience, you might want to cast your music loyalties elsewhere.? ? ?

I think most people on here have heard the new material and don't really think its a turd.  But c'mon, "A polished turd is, indeed, a turd".   rofl  That's some funny shit! Wink

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
demonscars
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5869 on: December 06, 2006, 11:16:16 PM »

I've always been weary of Axl's saying the album was coming this year.  There were other signs that made me believe it could be possible, like the playing of the leaked songs at concerts, the HD ad, etc.  But the times Axl said it he never seemed quite sure of it.  On the Trunk show I remember vividly him saying "Fall, late fall" but it was like he was almost saying "If it comes out it won't be until the very end of the year".  Same thing on the VMA's.  He seemed like he couldn't possibly say after all of these years nothing was coming so he just said this year.  Who knows what went on?  It could be a ton of things.  I do honestly believe though that Axl himself was never 100% on this year, even if other people were.  That could have changed as the Better ad would suggest.

I just think that after all of these years there is an insane amount of pressure Axl is putting on himself that will time after time result in no album.  He wants to produce something that people will listen to and say "Wow that was worth all those years" but that's impossible.  Even if he puts out the best record of all time at this point its become such a joke that people will shit all over it.  I really think CD will be great, I've loved every one of the new songs, which is why I'm so anxious to have it.  I think maybe no one is really saying to him "That's enough, the thing goes out now period".
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #5870 on: December 06, 2006, 11:22:15 PM »

No released date yet. No information. This taken by a friend. Maybe its a joke, Maybe not, I don't know. But hell, I will post it.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5871 on: December 06, 2006, 11:23:57 PM »

Axl an dmerck on numerous accoasions said 2006.Come back on new years day , and then start bitching . I know I will
Gordi
« Reply #5872 on: December 06, 2006, 11:24:49 PM »

I um... can't read that... I can see it says "Guns N Roses album"at the end of the second paragraph, but that's it.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5873 on: December 06, 2006, 11:27:44 PM »

No released date yet. No information. This taken by a friend. Maybe its a joke, Maybe not, I don't know. But hell, I will post it.

Any chance you could give us a readable pic? Or a short summary?

And what is it supposed to be? Where does it come from?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:29:43 PM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5874 on: December 06, 2006, 11:29:05 PM »

#1: No, no you couldn't have written AFD.? I know you like to say you could to prove your point (or to prove others wrong), but don't be ridiculous.? Many call it the best hard rock album EVER...you couldn't have written it.? Period. (and neither could I, by the way)

#2: A polished turd is, indeed, a turd.? If you suspect Chinese Democracy might be such, this would be an excellent time to consider that your time might be better spent elsewhere, as the primary purpose of this particular thread is to discuss it.

#3: GNR has given us all some incredible albums.? If they gave no more, you should be thankful for that, at least.? If Chinese Democracy never comes, I'd still love their other stuff, and would listen to it regularly.? But, I'm not OWED anything.? I've spent enough money to buy some cds, a few t-shirts, one concert ticket, and a tank of gas.? I don't regret any of those things, and feel I've gotten way more than I put in out of being a fan of this band.? I'm also thankful that, when I have kids, I'll be able to play them some really great music or, more likely, to beat them over the head with it when they start listening to whatever shit is being pushed by MTV at that particular time.? If you haven't had a similar experience, you might want to cast your music loyalties elsewhere.? ? ?

You miss the point totally about my turd comment. If Axl needs to delay CD more because he feels it can be better, maybe it's time to just accept it as is. If he hasn't turned it into what he wants after 10 years, he's probably never gonna turn it into something other than a turd in his own eyes.

Also, I'm not gonna be thankful if GNR never releases another album. I'm gonna be pissed, because they said another was coming and toured based on the idea that another CD is coming.

Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #5875 on: December 06, 2006, 11:29:36 PM »

I um... can't read that... I can see it says "Guns N Roses album"at the end of the second paragraph, but that's it.

It basically says that they do not know the release date or have any information. They are receiving a few packages that they don't know the contents in the next two weeks but don't assume it is the Guns N Roses Album and tell any of the costumers about it.

It sounds like some employees have pissed off some customers by guessing on release dates.
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5876 on: December 06, 2006, 11:30:23 PM »

Axl an dmerck on numerous accoasions said 2006.Come back on new years day , and then start bitching . I know I will

I'm sure we'll get a "yes" or "no" message before 2007. If not, I'll be shocked. G N' R will not be able to return to the U.S. for a tour next year without an album...unless they want to play 900-2,000 seat venues...

Undecided
Gordi
« Reply #5877 on: December 06, 2006, 11:30:47 PM »

It basically says that they do not know the release date or have any information. They are receiving a few packages that they don't know the contents in the next two weeks but don't assume it is the Guns N Roses Album and tell any of the costumers about it.

It sounds like some employees have pissed off some customers by guessing on release dates.

Oh ok, cheers
Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #5878 on: December 06, 2006, 11:44:31 PM »

Oh ok, cheers

I was just sent a 2 second video that is even worse. http://www.mediamax.com/slbabyfile/fb79b8dd-a783-4d39-94b3-78afffcd72db/PlayList_LLLMAXBSHE.asx
Just more evidence that the stores don't know a thing from what I am being told.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #5879 on: December 06, 2006, 11:45:39 PM »

Damn, every day I come home I come to this board, hoping for some sort of release date on this epic album. I am really getting exhausted when it comes to waiting for this album that has been told on several occasions would be out this year.

I love the band, I love Axl, and the whole tour. Great shows. I am trying to keep positive because hearing Better and IRS live breathes new life into me at every show.

It is a little unprofessional on how we are being kept in the dark though. Before the flames start shooting on me, just remember I am not bashing, just a little disappointed.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: