Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 05:26:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 654478 times)
burden
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5840 on: December 06, 2006, 08:53:32 PM »

So maybe the label did agree to the terms, and that is what led to the website and the HD ad (I know I'm contradicting myself here a bit), but Axls change of mind in regards to BBF and Frank delayed things. Suddenly Universal is sitting there with scheduled plans in risk of going down the toilet. You know how big companies are, if they feel they can't apply the plan they have calculated will generate enough sales, they pull the plug. Ergo, CD is delayed because Universal didn't think there was enough time left in the year to promote it properly. They delay it to next year. Axl can't say shit about it. But he seems happy these days so it doesn't seem like it's anything other than a small delay.

I tend to agree. ?Something happened that spooked the label. ? ?Here is my question - at what point does the band say enough is enough? ?Certainly these are all professionals that don't want to be laughed at no matter what they are being paid right now. ?That is the one thing that gives me optimism that the album will be released and will be excellent. ?Because if I made a lousy record and then had to wait all this time to get it out I think I would just bail. ?
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #5841 on: December 06, 2006, 08:56:29 PM »

I still believe in the 19th of this month. There's something odd about three GnR' shows (in 4 days) at the Gibson Amphitheatre. But then again they played 4 shows in 5 nights at the Hammerstein.

About BBF and Frank re-recordings on CD...I interpreted it differently. I thought the article on the GnR' website implied that they have played songs on the album...live.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 08:59:37 PM by TrixAreForKids » Logged
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #5842 on: December 06, 2006, 08:58:28 PM »

I still believe in the 19th of this month. There's something odd about three GnR' shows (in 4 days) at the Gibson Amphitheatre. But then again they played 4 shows in 5 nights at the Hammerstein.

It sure seems like an obvious opportunity to have a home-stand release bash... and that could have BEEN the plan, but doesn't mean that it still IS the plan.

hope so though.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5843 on: December 06, 2006, 08:58:44 PM »

They have known for months now it is not coming out, but telling us so would have dampened our enthusiasm for the tour significantly. The number 1 priority of this band right now is selling tickets, as that will make them more money than releasing an album will. 

I disagree...somewhat.  From what I saw in Chicago, very few of the fans were there in full "Chinese Democracy Starts Now" mode.  Most didn't know a lick of the new stuff.  Those of us loonies who are always on the boards, myself included, probably are hardcore enough fans to have attended whether it was called the CD tour, the AFD Revisited Tour, or the Uncle Axl Needs the Cash Tour.

As many have said, there's been little real (or typical) promotion.  So the connection of the tour and ticket sales to the album's pending release was, in my estimation, minimal.  Some effect...sure.  But Calgary isn't sold out tonight to hear five tracks off the new album. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5844 on: December 06, 2006, 09:02:11 PM »

It sucks to have them say it's coming out, and then it doesn't. But it would also suck for them to say, "we can't make Christmas, and therefore we have to wait for Spring/Summer, and the second leg of the tour has been postponed until release" if there is enough of a chance that they could make it by Christmas.

You answer your own question. They have known for months now it is not coming out, but telling us so would have dampened our enthusiasm for the tour significantly. The number 1 priority of this band right now is selling tickets, as that will make them more money than releasing an album will.

They have made a strategic business decision to postpone telling us the album isn't coming this year until the last possible second to maximize the amount of total tickets they were able to sell for the tour. They know there will be a flury of unkind media surrounding the band when the press release comes that we will not see it this year. Avoiding the confirmation of that is financially beneficial to them.

They did a masterful job of making us believe this was really the year. I was as big a sucker as anyone, as I bought tickets for the shows in October thinking I would be hearing material off the new album. I am not sure I would have gone to more than one show had I known otherwise. I am sure there are plenty of people on this board and in the GNR community with that thought process, so they made sure to string us along as best they could before they will inevitably let us know that we are shit out of luck for an album release in 2006.

So you know for sure that it isn't coming out?   Roll Eyes

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Casey Shelton
« Reply #5845 on: December 06, 2006, 09:04:10 PM »

Fuck it the bands been playing games for years. ?Couldnt close out 2002, even had a release date for that year just before Thanksgiving. ?Bucket leaves, Axl says oh now we can record smoother. Then Axl speaks in 2006. Then the leaks. No coincidence that those songs find their way into the setlist. ?Band leaked those songs. ?Some phantom strip club cd floats around for 2 years and happens to get leaked before gnr goes on tour with nothing new released. Blah. Axl says repeatedly this is the year. ?

A man is only good as his word. I think its great they are a tight band and having fun and lovin what they are doin n all but that seems like some big fuckin circle jerk to me. Its a tour supporting the cd. What kind of shit is that? At least they hit the road in 91 with a release date for UYI.

This is a fan board for gnr and alot of fans are bitchin. ?Anybody listening? Axl should stop by and say, yo this is whats up. ?Even if he stopped by and said something like i said this is the year and THIS IS THE YEAR.

Even Axl stopped by and said, this is what happened and its gettin released on feb 6th. I think everybody would chill out cuz we would get a single in a couple weeks, by the end of the year max.

Any bullshit excuse about further delays is stringin along the fans. Whatever I'll buy it when it comes out. But the real support they get is money made on tour. So if ur pissed about being strung along then dont go to the concerts.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5846 on: December 06, 2006, 09:06:14 PM »

Can you imagine if every artist felt compelled to respond to every complaint? Huh

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5847 on: December 06, 2006, 09:07:03 PM »

Give him time to create? He's been creating for over a decade dude!? Roll Eyes

Sure, but could any of us have written ONE AFD track, given a decade?? Probably not.?

Probably not, right on. But this is what he does. If I took a decade to do a job I was supposedly qualified to do, I'd be out on my ass.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5848 on: December 06, 2006, 09:09:07 PM »

Give him time to create? He's been creating for over a decade dude!  Roll Eyes

Sure, but could any of us have written ONE AFD track, given a decade?  Probably not. 

Probably not, right on. But this is what he does. If I took a decade to do a job I was supposedly qualified to do, I'd be out on my ass.

As it's the music BUSINESS, I'm sure he would be out on his ass if Universal didn't think they'd get their money's worth.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5849 on: December 06, 2006, 09:13:08 PM »

For the record, I don't agree with everything Jarmo does with this board / website. ?But it is his board and there are dozens of others to go to if I thought there was no redeeming value to this place. ?The reason to come here is because Jarmo appears to have a direct line to GNR, like the Pope has with God. ? hihi

Regarding the release of the album, Jarmo has always maintained that the truth about GNR's plans comes directly from GNR. ?That is the only source we should believe. ?Like it or not, this does make sense. ?The GNR camp including Axl herself (nobody knows he's a lesbian hihi) has stated that "2006 is the year". ?This has not been rescinded, and it does not need to be repeated. ?What else do people want AXL to say, "It's REALLY going to be here in 2006", or "it's gonna come hard in 2006"? ?No. ?The fans have already been posted. ?There is no more information necessary.

Not giving a specific date has put all of GNRdom into a fever-pitch frenzy. ?Brilliant. ?Way to go William.

Axl said 2006, its 2006.

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5850 on: December 06, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

Sure, but could any of us have written ONE AFD track, given a decade?? Probably not.?

As it's the music BUSINESS, I'm sure he would be out on his ass if Universal didn't think they'd get their money's worth.? ?

You missed my point. I don't think he's gonna be fired. My point is he's supposed to be a songwriter, so putting together 10 songs in a decade should be no problem. 10 is all he needs. If CD is 13, great. Still, he's had his time. If the songs suck, more time isn't gonna help. A polished turd is still a turd.

Casey Shelton
« Reply #5851 on: December 06, 2006, 09:17:26 PM »

Not giving a specific date has put all of GNRdom into a fever-pitch frenzy. ?Brilliant. ?Way to go William.

Axl said 2006, its 2006.

Maybe hes tryin to freak us out and get us to stand on corners with big signs like those stores that are going out of business who hire crackheads to hold those signs all day long.

Big ass signs that stand over 5 feet tall.? CHINESE DEMOCRACY OR DEMOCRACY IN CHINA!
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5852 on: December 06, 2006, 09:20:32 PM »

A polished turd is still a turd.

rofl  That's funny dude.

I know you'd like to think your shit don't stank
But lean a little bit closer
See roses really smell like boo-boo-booo

-Outkast

acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #5853 on: December 06, 2006, 09:23:38 PM »

Although at this point, I believe it's going to be a March/Summer release for CD....there's still an off chance for a 2006 release.

Today Frank Black of the Pixies just announced he's releasing an album on Dec. 19th.  He's not as big of an artist...but it's still a last minute release.

If it's going to be 2006...I have a feeling we're looking at a midnight release on Dec. 31.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5854 on: December 06, 2006, 09:28:21 PM »

A polished turd is still a turd.

rofl? That's funny dude.

I know you'd like to think your shit don't stank
But lean a little bit closer
See roses really smell like boo-boo-booo

-Outkast

Love that song. I always wondered why it was "boo-boo" and not "poo-poo". Don't try to understand OutKast, I guess. They're about as unpredictable as Axl.

Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5855 on: December 06, 2006, 09:40:01 PM »

Give him time to create? He's been creating for over a decade dude!  Roll Eyes

Sure, but could any of us have written ONE AFD track, given a decade? 

yes

Probably not. 

more like, probably yes
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #5856 on: December 06, 2006, 09:46:06 PM »

Can you imagine if every artist felt compelled to respond to every complaint? Huh

It's not a single complaint.  It's a general feeling growing among even the most loyal fanbase.  Yeah I'll by the cd when it comes out, but I'm starting to care less and less.  Sure I rock out to Better and TWAT on a frequent basis, but it makes me sad to know I'm missing out on other great tracks.  The fact that they're giving us the silent treatment is really pissing me off.  Just give us some more info or regular updates as to what's going on.  It doesn't have to be much, but just enough to show us you care.  GNR says they love their fans, but they sure don't act like it by leaving us in the dark and pretty much ignoring us.  Fuck that, I'm done.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5857 on: December 06, 2006, 09:46:25 PM »

Sure, but could any of us have written ONE AFD track, given a decade??

yes

Probably not.?

more like, probably yes

Write maybe. ?But sing? ?I think not. ?I hate to admit it but axl's vox really did make the band. ?It is so difficult to do what he does with his voice. ?Genius. ?Twisted. ?But genius yes

Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5858 on: December 06, 2006, 09:51:53 PM »

It's not a single complaint.? It's a general feeling growing among even the most loyal fanbase.? Yeah I'll by the cd when it comes out, but I'm starting to care less and less.? Sure I rock out to Better and TWAT on a frequent basis, but it makes me sad to know I'm missing out on other great tracks.? The fact that they're giving us the silent treatment is really pissing me off.? Just give us some more info or regular updates as to what's going on.? It doesn't have to be much, but just enough to show us you care.? GNR says they love their fans, but they sure don't act like it by leaving us in the dark and pretty much ignoring us.? Fuck that, I'm done.

Dude, what more do you want?  Axl said its coming out this year.  It's coming out this year.  What more do you want him to tell you?

On that note, say it isn't so.  Don't go.  Baby please don't go.... Cry

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #5859 on: December 06, 2006, 09:52:25 PM »

It's not a single complaint.  It's a general feeling growing among even the most loyal fanbase.  Yeah I'll by the cd when it comes out, but I'm starting to care less and less.  Sure I rock out to Better and TWAT on a frequent basis, but it makes me sad to know I'm missing out on other great tracks.  The fact that they're giving us the silent treatment is really pissing me off.  Just give us some more info or regular updates as to what's going on.  It doesn't have to be much, but just enough to show us you care.  GNR says they love their fans, but they sure don't act like it by leaving us in the dark and pretty much ignoring us.  Fuck that, I'm done.

K, see ya.  ok
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: