Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 07:22:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 654910 times)
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #5800 on: December 06, 2006, 06:24:13 PM »

the press release will go something like this:

We regret to inform our loyal fans that due to unfortunate circumstances CD release had to be pushed back to 2007. The band, and Axl personally, are very sorry and dissapointed that the album has been pushed back. This year has been an exciting year for the band and fans. The tour has gone on rather smoothly and the band is better than ever. Due to legalities, we cannot go into detail on why the album wasnt able to be released this year but we can tell you that the band and label werent on the same page. Despite having years of time to plan this comeback Axl nor Universal could formulate a legitmate promotional plan.  The band worked very hard in attempting to have everything ready for a holiday release but the record company had there own plans on promoting this legendary album. The label responded to the bands promotional strategy by saying that there was not ebough time to get the album out by 2006. But the band would like you to know that they handed the company the album 3 days before Christmas. Go Figure! Dam Bigwigs.
 Axl also felt it was necessary to add Ron Bumblefoot Thal and Frank Ferer to the album due to the fact that they are part of the gnr family and have added so much to the chemistry of this band. It should be noted that there contributions have taken the album to another level in the recording process.

Axl also added some personal comments: "I would like to personally apologize to the fans for another delay but I would like to encourage you all by saying that 2007 is the year for Guns. We have all worked very hard in putting together this album and we all feel that you will not be disapointed. I would not put anything out until it matched up with the best of Guns material. I thank you for your support and patience and reassure you that you will hear music in 2007. I am getting teary eyed and skippy just thinking about the day the album reaches all of your lil hands.
Happy Holidays
Uncle Axl
Peace Out
Blame Universal

and Merck, Gnrs manager, also had this to say: there are only 11 months left in 2007
rofl Thats great! and it even reads like a Merck press release  rofl . You should hurry up and email it to him to save him the time for writing up one. This place is going to be a fucking zoo on 1/1/07 because so many people are going to be bitching that CD wasnt released. Im still not holding out on 2006, but every day that passes the chance of a release this year gets smaller and smaller.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5801 on: December 06, 2006, 06:26:29 PM »

I understand the frustration...but why not wait until they are PROVEN WRONG before going nuts? ?If it's not in hand by 12/31, then I'll be as anxious as anyone else to know when it WILL be in hand...until then, I'm just gonna go along with the program.
agreed. All Im expecting from them is a press release. Hopefully it will be a positive one.

The reason everyone is doubting a surprise release is because everyone keeps saying Mercks "12 Tuesdays left" procalmation was tongue n cheek. So if thats the case, and theres only a few weeks left, and it wont be a surprise release why should any1 expect a surprise?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5802 on: December 06, 2006, 06:29:42 PM »

Tongue in cheek or not, those sorts of emotions don't come across when reading it straight off gunsnroses.com.  If it wasn't serious, I don't see why it would be on there.  Things change and, if they did, I'm ok with that. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5803 on: December 06, 2006, 06:32:30 PM »

If it wasn't serious, I don't see why it would be on there.

Welcome to the land of Guns n Roses.

Things change and, if they did, I'm ok with that.
As am I. But Ill only accept it and "move on" if they give us an honest upfront press release. Ill feel let down if they dont give us a press release or  if they give us some vauge run of the mill statement

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5804 on: December 06, 2006, 06:39:31 PM »

I think that part of the reason we're not hearing anything is that maybe the band, itself, doesn't even know when it's going to be released b/c of some sort of legal issues... they could be "pushing" to get the album out there, and think they can still make it before the 26th...  i'm going with the 26th even though merck said it'd be out b4 christmas...  axl said b4 the end of the year at the vma's...  ok
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5805 on: December 06, 2006, 06:44:14 PM »

think that part of the reason we're not hearing anything is that maybe the band, itself, doesn't even know when it's going to be released b/c of some sort of legal issues... they could be "pushing" to get the album out there, and think they can still make it before the 26th...  i'm going with the 26th even though merck said it'd be out b4 christmas...  axl said b4 the end of the year at the vma's... 

Yea, but isnt it disturbing to think that there are STILL legals issues blocking this album{if thats even the excuse}? Axl has had years to get everything tidy and planned for this big comeback album.

Dont you think its odd that hes making proclamations that the album will be out by years end when all of these "legalities" arent even settled yet? I assumed that everything was in place when Axl said 06 is the year and when Merck made his statements. I thought we were past the whole legality aspect of this band and album.

But we prob arent you know why? Because there is no plan. And to me that is the most disturbing thing regarding Axl. The music is amazing. The tour is great. But its bothersome to think that there seems to be no definitive plan in place regarding the release of this album

Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #5806 on: December 06, 2006, 06:53:48 PM »

I like how u said Axl never communicates with fans, yet official site shows different. this is similar to the way the media throws lies into blurb articles.

I HOPE jarmo deletes... cuz this post has a lie in it.

p.s. this post is a Treo test.

Axl communicates to the fans, he just doesn't tell them anything. He should practise to be a politician....

Behold, the evil that men do...
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #5807 on: December 06, 2006, 06:54:12 PM »

I think that part of the reason we're not hearing anything is that maybe the band, itself, doesn't even know when it's going to be released b/c of some sort of legal issues... they could be "pushing" to get the album out there, and think they can still make it before the 26th...? i'm going with the 26th even though merck said it'd be out b4 christmas...? axl said b4 the end of the year at the vma's...? ok

If you believe that legal issues are what's holding CD back then you are terribly naive and you would believe just about anything. ?You don't say that an album will be released this year and have legal issues unresolved that could block the release. ?Like younggunner said, I'm leaning more to believe there was never any plan and am wondering if there will ever be one to release this album. ?And that is scary. ?
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #5808 on: December 06, 2006, 06:57:17 PM »

think that part of the reason we're not hearing anything is that maybe the band, itself, doesn't even know when it's going to be released b/c of some sort of legal issues... they could be "pushing" to get the album out there, and think they can still make it before the 26th...  i'm going with the 26th even though merck said it'd be out b4 christmas...  axl said b4 the end of the year at the vma's... 

Yea, but isnt it disturbing to think that there are STILL legals issues blocking this album{if thats even the excuse}? Axl has had years to get everything tidy and planned for this big comeback album.

Dont you think its odd that hes making proclamations that the album will be out by years end when all of these "legalities" arent even settled yet? I assumed that everything was in place when Axl said 06 is the year and when Merck made his statements. I thought we were past the whole legality aspect of this band and album.

But we prob arent you know why? Because there is no plan. And to me that is the most disturbing thing regarding Axl. The music is amazing. The tour is great. But its bothersome to think that there seems to be no definitive plan in place regarding the release of this album
I definitely don't think there are legal issues blocking it. They have never really been confident in saying when it would be out before. In '02 it was not soon, in '04 it was hopefully in the next few months, but this time they said it was this year. They said it in February. They said it in May. They said it in August. They said it in October. If there was a chance it wouldn't be ready, they wouldn't have said that.

Merck said we might just find it in our record stores for a reason. That explains the silence from the band. It's not a coincidence. It's coming this year.

God I hope it comes out this year. Undecided
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 06:58:58 PM by mrbrownstone8797 » Logged
sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5809 on: December 06, 2006, 07:04:02 PM »

I am 100% confident that it will be out this year and that the 19th has been the release date all along.
Remember, The 3 shows in Universal City were originally scheduled to be the final 3 shows of the tour before they moved some of the earlier shows to mid January.

Things are fine.  It is clear by Merck's statement that they are keeping quite on purpose.

December 19th.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #5810 on: December 06, 2006, 07:16:06 PM »

I am 100% confident that it will be out this year and that the 19th has been the release date all along.
Remember, The 3 shows in Universal City were originally scheduled to be the final 3 shows of the tour before they moved some of the earlier shows to mid January.

Things are fine.? It is clear by Merck's statement that they are keeping quite on purpose.

December 19th.

Love your name, dude.  rofl
I hope your right but its just hard to see it coming this year or IMO the next 6 months. I dont think we'll see it for a while but it doesn't faze me coz we have the tour n stuff atm so im just sittin back Rockin N' Rollin

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #5811 on: December 06, 2006, 07:17:51 PM »

Ah yes ... the tour ... sadly not for any of us in Australialand  no

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #5812 on: December 06, 2006, 07:18:42 PM »

It's coming this year.

i love it. Grin

It is clear by Merck's statement that they are keeping quite on purpose.

which statement?
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #5813 on: December 06, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

Ah yes ... the tour ... sadly not for any of us in Australialand? no

I know buddy but we'll get it soon. Guns will definatley be here Next year. ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #5814 on: December 06, 2006, 07:39:30 PM »

Ah yes ... the tour ... sadly not for any of us in Australialand  no

I know buddy but we'll get it soon. Guns will definatley be here Next year. ok
 peace

Hell yeah!

JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #5815 on: December 06, 2006, 07:40:19 PM »

It's coming this year.

i love it. Grin

It is clear by Merck's statement that they are keeping quite on purpose.

which statement?

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5816 on: December 06, 2006, 07:45:04 PM »

I think that part of the reason we're not hearing anything is that maybe the band, itself, doesn't even know when it's going to be released b/c of some sort of legal issues... they could be "pushing" to get the album out there, and think they can still make it before the 26th...? i'm going with the 26th even though merck said it'd be out b4 christmas...? axl said b4 the end of the year at the vma's...? ok

If you believe that legal issues are what's holding CD back then you are terribly naive and you would believe just about anything. ?You don't say that an album will be released this year and have legal issues unresolved that could block the release. ?Like younggunner said, I'm leaning more to believe there was never any plan and am wondering if there will ever be one to release this album. ?And that is scary. ?

i think you're naive for thinking legal issues couldn't possibliy be blocking it...  legal issues don't just encompass artwork copywright issues... they encompass differences between the recrod label and the band, and may involve disputes regarding contracts with anyone from the label itself to distributors, to manufacturers... if axl wants something done his way, and it doesn't comply with the label's contract with it's regular distribution channels, then guess what?  it's a fucking legal issue!  but i don't expect you to know that, you're probably 15.
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #5817 on: December 06, 2006, 07:50:11 PM »

With the amount of people involved in this album it wouldn't surprise me one iota of it is legal issues.
The fact remains, no-one here knows squat and we are all desperatley hanging for word from the band. Getting pissed off with each other does nothing ... no thing.

Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #5818 on: December 06, 2006, 07:59:39 PM »

With the amount of people involved in this album it wouldn't surprise me one iota of it is legal issues.

i could definitely see it...

label: "OK, there's been enough lawsuits and crap about who is Guns n' Roses and who isn't. From now on, whoever is included on the new album will be Guns N' Roses, and have the full support of the Universal legal dept."

Frank and Ron go to the studio to be on the album, and thus part of GNR. delaying the release...

wild speculation, of course.
burden
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5819 on: December 06, 2006, 08:00:13 PM »

How come GnR is the only one I ever hear about with legal issues. ? There is no doubt in my mind (I preface this that this is my random speculation) that one of two things happened: 1. ?Brain has quit and they started re-doing his parts, further delaying the album and getting Universal pissed or 2. ?Universal has rejected the album not because there isn't good enough material but because Axl insists on this 3 album plan and is spreading the material out. ?Well if I were Universal I would want the absolute best product I can get out now to recoup my money and then worry about the next album 15 years from now. ?

Disclaimer: ?My opinion only (no sources, just a rambling on a message board)
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: