Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 09:24:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 655020 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5780 on: December 06, 2006, 05:08:33 PM »

hey that was a quick thread deletion. I guess that guy did not get his precopy of CD today afterall  rofl

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
gunsnroses85
Headliner

YOU'RE GONNA' DIEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #5781 on: December 06, 2006, 05:11:01 PM »

3) bumblefoots new hair was done to look cool for a "photoshoot" ... photo shoot for what? (i believe Chinese Democracy/booklet or ads)

Is this speculation or fact?

it was said in the latest 'talking metal' podcast... and the guys said that bumblefoot said that he did it to "look cool for a photoshoot" or something to that effect. i speculated that it was for something to do with chinese democracy, because what else would bumblefoot be in a photoshoot for?

a guitar magazine, I'd guess.

I believe he is on the cover of the latest issue of Guitar One.

Oh she's a cornshucker!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5782 on: December 06, 2006, 05:30:04 PM »

Really?  Cause that strikes me as promotion...

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5783 on: December 06, 2006, 05:31:32 PM »

Has it been discussed that Axl can drop the album in a small quanta (100cd`s in a small store anywhere) the last day in this year. Then he still can get away with that he relased the album in 2006 Wink

This is about as likely as W. Axl Rose hand delivering the CD to my apartment door...how stupid
sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5784 on: December 06, 2006, 05:37:39 PM »

Any thoughts on the notion that Axl was not sick at all last week and that the cancelled concert in fact had something to do with the album?
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #5785 on: December 06, 2006, 05:37:43 PM »

the press release will go something like this:

We regret to inform our loyal fans that due to unfortunate circumstances CD release had to be pushed back to 2007. The band, and Axl personally, are very sorry and dissapointed that the album has been pushed back. This year has been an exciting year for the band and fans. The tour has gone on rather smoothly and the band is better than ever. Due to legalities, we cannot go into detail on why the album wasnt able to be released this year but we can tell you that the band and label werent on the same page. Despite having years of time to plan this comeback Axl nor Universal could formulate a legitmate promotional plan.? The band worked very hard in attempting to have everything ready for a holiday release but the record company had there own plans on promoting this legendary album. The label responded to the bands promotional strategy by saying that there was not ebough time to get the album out by 2006. But the band would like you to know that they handed the company the album 3 days before Christmas. Go Figure! Dam Bigwigs.
 Axl also felt it was necessary to add Ron Bumblefoot Thal and Frank Ferer to the album due to the fact that they are part of the gnr family and have added so much to the chemistry of this band. It should be noted that there contributions have taken the album to another level in the recording process.

Axl also added some personal comments: "I would like to personally apologize to the fans for another delay but I would like to encourage you all by saying that 2007 is the year for Guns. We have all worked very hard in putting together this album and we all feel that you will not be disapointed. I would not put anything out until it matched up with the best of Guns material. I thank you for your support and patience and reassure you that you will hear music in 2007. I am getting teary eyed and skippy just thinking about the day the album reaches all of your lil hands.
Happy Holidays
Uncle Axl
Peace Out
Blame Universal

and Merck, Gnrs manager, also had this to say: there are only 11 months left in 2007

Wow buddy WOW!

This post has me speechless, like the DeBeers diamond commericial.

Smiley

post of the year!

Fuck All Y'all
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #5786 on: December 06, 2006, 05:40:53 PM »

did mysteryon say something about realising date in last few days

I have never seen so many tree
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #5787 on: December 06, 2006, 05:45:24 PM »

and Merck, Gnrs manager, also had this to say: there are only 11 months left in 2007

hahahahha!!! rofl

classic!

all your post was kickass hahha good job yes

Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #5788 on: December 06, 2006, 05:55:26 PM »

Any thoughts on the notion that Axl was not sick at all last week and that the cancelled concert in fact had something to do with the album?

I think that's insane. Total conspiracy theory stuff.
It's creative, i like it.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #5789 on: December 06, 2006, 06:03:28 PM »

Do you know how long it takes to ship albums all over the world, thousands of miles in every direction?? Do you know how your CD gets to your local shop?? It doesn't just appear as if by magic. If we are talking a worldwide release (which you would think "Chinese Democracy" to be) then thats some serious cargo. It's not an overnight operation.

To get every copy ready to go, in every shop it's gonna be sold in, is a huge job. I doubt if it could be done in a week, even in todays world. In my humble opinion, if the CD was already 'on the move' we would see some evidence of it already. No doubt.

Yet, some people still think they will be putting the album in their stereo in 13 days time...?  confused
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #5790 on: December 06, 2006, 06:05:10 PM »

Sad as it seems, I think we're looking at a release date around Easter at the earliest.  no

Be Aware of Legacy
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5791 on: December 06, 2006, 06:05:49 PM »

Do you know how long it takes to ship albums all over the world, thousands of miles in every direction?? Do you know how your CD gets to your local shop?? It doesn't just appear as if by magic. If we are talking a worldwide release (which you would think "Chinese Democracy" to be) then thats some serious cargo. It's not an overnight operation.

To get every copy ready to go, in every shop it's gonna be sold in, is a huge job. I doubt if it could be done in a week, even in todays world. In my humble opinion, if the CD was already 'on the move' we would see some evidence of it already. No doubt.

Yet, some people still think they will be putting the album in their stereo in 13 days time...?? confused

there is something called itunes that they can use to release it overnight without anyone knowing beforehand Smiley
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5792 on: December 06, 2006, 06:06:12 PM »

if merck has the balls, then he will register here and write down his stupid press release here by himself, and not let someone else do it.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #5793 on: December 06, 2006, 06:08:09 PM »

if merck has the balls, then he will register here and write down his stupid press release here by himself, and not let someone else do it.

If Merck has balls, we will have the album by January 1st and he won't need to make a press release.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5794 on: December 06, 2006, 06:11:53 PM »

If Merck has balls he can make babies with women  ok

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5795 on: December 06, 2006, 06:12:23 PM »

Axl never communicates with fans, yet official site shows different. this is similar to the way the media throws lies into blurb articles.
Without a doubt the band has been so much better in communicating with hus. Its night and day. And greatly appreciated. But every press release is everything but CD info. Which is why I think most people are still frustrated.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5796 on: December 06, 2006, 06:14:25 PM »

I understand the frustration...but why not wait until they are PROVEN WRONG before going nuts?  If it's not in hand by 12/31, then I'll be as anxious as anyone else to know when it WILL be in hand...until then, I'm just gonna go along with the program.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Saboteur
« Reply #5797 on: December 06, 2006, 06:15:50 PM »

the press release will go something like this:

We regret to inform our loyal fans that due to unfortunate circumstances CD release had to be pushed back to 2007. The band, and Axl personally, are very sorry and dissapointed that the album has been pushed back. This year has been an exciting year for the band and fans. The tour has gone on rather smoothly and the band is better than ever. Due to legalities, we cannot go into detail on why the album wasnt able to be released this year but we can tell you that the band and label werent on the same page. Despite having years of time to plan this comeback Axl nor Universal could formulate a legitmate promotional plan.? The band worked very hard in attempting to have everything ready for a holiday release but the record company had there own plans on promoting this legendary album. The label responded to the bands promotional strategy by saying that there was not ebough time to get the album out by 2006. But the band would like you to know that they handed the company the album 3 days before Christmas. Go Figure! Dam Bigwigs.
 Axl also felt it was necessary to add Ron Bumblefoot Thal and Frank Ferer to the album due to the fact that they are part of the gnr family and have added so much to the chemistry of this band. It should be noted that there contributions have taken the album to another level in the recording process.

Axl also added some personal comments: "I would like to personally apologize to the fans for another delay but I would like to encourage you all by saying that 2007 is the year for Guns. We have all worked very hard in putting together this album and we all feel that you will not be disapointed. I would not put anything out until it matched up with the best of Guns material. I thank you for your support and patience and reassure you that you will hear music in 2007. I am getting teary eyed and skippy just thinking about the day the album reaches all of your lil hands.
Happy Holidays
Uncle Axl
Peace Out
Blame Universal

Are you Merck?   hihi
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5798 on: December 06, 2006, 06:21:54 PM »

Perhaps Axl really wants his major fanbase to doubt a 2006 release, so that when it does drop this year, we will be more suprised to have it in our hands, than had he just announced it's release ahead of time.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #5799 on: December 06, 2006, 06:22:07 PM »

Yet, some people still think they will be putting the album in their stereo in 13 days time...?? confused

I don't know, i do think it can be done in a week these days. I would think the ability to do things like this has probably increased dramatically in the past 5-10 years, and we have to realize that these things aren't being done by the GNR camp or a group of people who have to start an operation for it from scratch - they're done by Universal's distribution channels, which are in place and create and ship albums as a matter of course - it's their business and they've perfected it.

That said, i don't think we're getting the album, because everything is too quiet.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: