Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 01:26:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 655177 times)
Bit_Obscene
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5680 on: December 06, 2006, 10:45:04 AM »

What happened to the guy that was heading to check on the mystery box that arrived at a record store near him? His friend that worked there said it was CD....sounds like BS but the guy did say he was headed out  to check it and of course we've heard nothing?

Seems it was a german poster....

He posted a tracklist for a triple CD that was clearly bogus and then dissapeared.

That was the same guy?  Shit.

That guy also didn't post on mygnr either,did he?

He posted the rumour and the tracklist over at mygnr. Then someone else posted it here.
kopitejohn
« Reply #5681 on: December 06, 2006, 10:47:28 AM »

he says he may have been going but even if it was all true there is no way they would let him see what was in the box.? especially if it stated that it was not allowed to be open.  they weren't even apparently supposed to open it themselves? complete and utter crock of shite
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 10:51:08 AM by kopitejohn » Logged
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #5682 on: December 06, 2006, 10:58:18 AM »

The record store probally did receive a box that had CD written on it but did not know CD meant Compact Disc and Chineses Democracy.   Huh Shocked Huh Shocked   Roll Eyes

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #5683 on: December 06, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

The record store probally did receive a box that had CD written on it but did not know CD meant Compact Disc and Chineses Democracy.? Huh? Shocked Huh Shocked? ?Roll Eyes

LMAO! That's what must've happened!  rofl rofl rofl

ok
savedsol
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5684 on: December 06, 2006, 11:11:30 AM »

That whole box that says "Do not open" is an alomost weekly occurence at every record store. Go to Best Buy when they are stocking shelves Tues morn and look at the tape that is sealing the box.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5685 on: December 06, 2006, 11:15:01 AM »

Believing CD is comming out this year is the same as believing in santa claus. We all want to believe but we know it isn't true!  Undecided

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
ChinDem04
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5686 on: December 06, 2006, 11:15:34 AM »

Either Axl and co are planning something huge for this release right before christmas or this thing is just going to be put off once again. I would be suprised of the former, because GnR unexpectedly released two major albums on the same day. From the GnR camp anyone could suspect this.
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5687 on: December 06, 2006, 11:16:07 AM »

Believing CD is comming out this year is the same as believing in santa claus. We all want to believe but we know it isn't true!? Undecided

What? You mean santa claus is not real!?!
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5688 on: December 06, 2006, 11:21:01 AM »

Believing CD is comming out this year is the same as believing in santa claus. We all want to believe but we know it isn't true!? Undecided

The last time I checked, yes, I believe so....unfortunately  Wink

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #5689 on: December 06, 2006, 11:22:49 AM »

Either Axl and co are planning something huge for this release right before christmas or this thing is just going to be put off once again. I would be suprised of the former, because GnR unexpectedly released two major albums on the same day. From the GnR camp anyone could suspect this.

I was 16 and I knew months in advance, it wasn't a secret. They had a single (YCBM), they had? a known date and they were in record stores (I know I worked at one at the time) on the friday before release in Newfoundland anyway for UYI 1 & 2.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5690 on: December 06, 2006, 11:31:25 AM »

I was 16 and I knew months in advance, it wasn't a secret. They had a single (YCBM), they had  a known date and they were in record stores (I know I worked at one at the time) on the friday before release in Newfoundland anyway for UYI 1 & 2.

Yeah, UYI wasn't a surprise release...though I do recall a number of midnight releases (which I would be supportive of, should CD arrive soon!).

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #5691 on: December 06, 2006, 11:32:44 AM »

I was 16 and I knew months in advance, it wasn't a secret. They had a single (YCBM), they had ?a known date and they were in record stores (I know I worked at one at the time) on the friday before release in Newfoundland anyway for UYI 1 & 2.

you're right. if you watch BTM. there are ques outside record stores, hardly a surprise if there is a que

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5692 on: December 06, 2006, 11:51:55 AM »

The last time I checked, yes, I believe so....unfortunately? Wink

Come on guys!  There's little kids on here! hihi

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #5693 on: December 06, 2006, 12:08:05 PM »

Yes, UYI was NOT a surprise at all.  They actually had TWO singles out.  YCBM had been out all summer, and Don't Cry was released the week before UYI came out.  I also remember my local radio station playing all the tracks off of UYI all weekend before the album came out, as it was released to radio stations.  I remember this b/c I still have the tape I made of all the new songs I could get from the local radio station including Locomotive, Coma, Estranged, etc.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #5694 on: December 06, 2006, 12:26:41 PM »

Yes, UYI was NOT a surprise at all.? They actually had TWO singles out.? YCBM had been out all summer, and Don't Cry was released the week before UYI came out.? I also remember my local radio station playing all the tracks off of UYI all weekend before the album came out, as it was released to radio stations.? I remember this b/c I still have the tape I made of all the new songs I could get from the local radio station including Locomotive, Coma, Estranged, etc.

I have a tape, too!
Same rock station, I wonder?
Where did you live then?

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5695 on: December 06, 2006, 12:27:50 PM »

Believing CD is comming out this year is the same as believing in santa claus. We all want to believe but we know it isn't true!  Undecided

The last time I checked, yes, I believe so....unfortunately  Wink

Wait....WHAT??

But then who the hell was the fat guy in the red suit I found in my Living Room last night, drinking my beer and snarfing down all those cookies my wife baked?

Are you SURE?

Though...I have to admit....the smell of Nightrain coming from the guy was a bit strong...and the suit was in rough shape.  I just figured he got into the X-mas cheer a little early.

Damn it!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5696 on: December 06, 2006, 12:33:42 PM »

I believe in Santa

And I heard the reason we have not heard about the CD getting pressed yet is becuase it is being pressed at the north pole by his elves and second Santa will deliver it to us on Christmas. Europe first US second. 

Have you been nuaghty or nice. Santa is watching

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5697 on: December 06, 2006, 12:57:35 PM »

If the 19th is really the day, then I would anticipate at least a peep to confirm as much by next week

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #5698 on: December 06, 2006, 01:03:01 PM »

Wow -? when the latest rumor out there is that Santa is gonna bring us CD - we should all know we've hit rock-bottom!
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #5699 on: December 06, 2006, 01:08:27 PM »

Not sure about that
But the quote can still be seen
On the Myspace page

Gimmick thief alert!!!!   Angry
Kidding!  Nice haiku, my friend!
On topic:  Hope so!!!!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: