Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 07:27:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 655728 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #5320 on: December 05, 2006, 06:25:52 AM »

I am feeling hopeful. ?Optimistic.

My thought now is that the album is ready and finished and the issue now is HOW its going to be released...

I can imagine that the label wants to recoup as much ? as possible and generate lots of publicity for the new album, fanfares etc. ?but GnR dont have to release it this way - any way they choose will sell. ?They are prob only concerned about the music and not the need for critics approval or sales figures etc. ?They will always have fans.
If they want to release it their way, and the label want to release it their way - that could be causing the hold up.

its not like Gnr could risk slagging off the label at the moment or be able to tell us what is going on. ?They are prob convincing the label that GnR knows best.

perhaps. its just a theory. ?Undecided ?
PigeonOfSh!tMetal
Headliner

« Reply #5321 on: December 05, 2006, 06:30:37 AM »

12 December.
19 December.
26 December.

Now i'm starting to feel uneasy no

A frown is a smile in an upside down world.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #5322 on: December 05, 2006, 07:21:57 AM »

I haven't been on here for a few days, but by the looks of the last few pages of this thread, nobody is even pretending to know someone who knows someone who knows something about the release of CD now. Conclusive proof that we all now know deep down that this album is once more a long, long way away from release.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #5323 on: December 05, 2006, 07:31:01 AM »

It's sad that was once high anticipation for this album has now turned into a bit of an anti-climax for me. I'm not rushing to these boards to see the latest rumours as much as I used to. It's just getting too tiring these days.
And this is coming from a long time GN'R fan, so I can't imagine the average music fan would give two shits either.

It's great that they're at least out there touring still. But maybe my anticipation will heighten again if they tour Australia or if there's some solid news on when CD is actually gonna come out.

At the moment my interest and energy has gone back to VR who seem to be back in full recording mode once again! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
ScottishGunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5324 on: December 05, 2006, 07:37:57 AM »

I tell you what saddens me

The fact that no one has heard the full, completed album, peple have heard 4, 5 maybe 6 tracks, but not the whole thing - not even the band it's self.

Also you'd think if it was finished, they'd announce the songs from stage " This is from our new record" that sort of thing.

Sadly I don't think it's finished - i think we're still quite a way from it to be honest - and that this whole ear has been a great success in terms of the tour, it's ben a plan to fund the completion of the album. But thats merley delving into conspiracy territory.

i hope i'm wrong and Axl is as good as his word, we'll have the album this year, but I've got more faith in the 2nd comming of Christ this Xmas than a New GnR album this Christmas
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« Reply #5325 on: December 05, 2006, 07:38:20 AM »

12 December.
19 December.
26 December.

Now i'm starting to feel uneasy no

it aint gonna happen  ok

KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #5326 on: December 05, 2006, 07:39:45 AM »

Same here, I did actually think the album would finally be released this year until the last month or so. I reckon we'll get VRs second CD in the shops before CD. (Which is pretty sad as I remember reading Guitar World a few years ago with a VR interview where they stated that VRs (first) CD might even beat Chinese Democracy into the shops!)
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #5327 on: December 05, 2006, 07:42:38 AM »

bottom line is :on december 5th (fucking today!!), GNR /the label/the management know for sure if the albums is about to drop in the next two weeks or not.
I don't want to start that "Axl owes us this / that ?blah blah blah.." conversation again but for fucks sake , this year was so damn promising and the remaining GNR fans seemed to be united in a positive force for 90% of the year. We never had less bashing on this board than this year. Why? Because the GNR-Airplane seemed to get started. If it does not get started now they should fucking tell us.

This is not the way to treat fans. Maybe the management should take a close look to a handful of other bands and how the "fanwork" takes place there.

Axl don't fucking owe us the album but he owes us the truth. Tell us that it is a "gaining money & notalgic tour" and i would be like "Ok, they are honest. Let's go to the show!"

I am no hater but a lamb crying

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #5328 on: December 05, 2006, 07:44:28 AM »

Agreed, they should at least have the decency to say the CD isnt coming out in 2006, even if they dont say why.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5329 on: December 05, 2006, 07:47:00 AM »

1/2 months ago this site was buzzing with news and anticipation... now its not.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #5330 on: December 05, 2006, 07:50:45 AM »

1/2 months ago this site was buzzing with news and anticipation... now its not.

Nice observasion ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #5331 on: December 05, 2006, 07:51:27 AM »

Same here, I did actually think the album would finally be released this year until the last month or so. I reckon we'll get VRs second CD in the shops before CD. (Which is pretty sad as I remember reading Guitar World a few years ago with a VR interview where they stated that VRs (first) CD might even beat Chinese Democracy into the shops!)

Thats funny to think about now. The talk of this board for a while was if the two albums were going to be dropped around the same time and if they were taking each other's releases into account. HA!

And yeah, the rumors have quieted a lot recently. Funny how nobody has inside information once anticipation lessens.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

« Reply #5332 on: December 05, 2006, 07:53:58 AM »

the day will come when nobdy gives a shit anymore (including us) if this soap opera is going on like this.
I doubt that in Axl interrest. No common sense to be seen anywhere on the horizon  rant

Gordi
« Reply #5333 on: December 05, 2006, 08:02:16 AM »

Axl said "this year" in no uncertain terms.....
Time is running out and, to be honest, if the albums not out? there are gonna be a LOT of pissed of people here in '07... or even worse: A lot less people altogether...  Undecided
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #5334 on: December 05, 2006, 08:02:35 AM »

Agreed, they should at least have the decency to say the CD isnt coming out in 2006, even if they dont say why.

So that's it? You've decided then... it isn't coming out.

There you have it folks.... KaptainKuntra has announced that CD will not be released, someone tell Axl.

Oh well... later guys, I'm tired of waiting and now thet Kunt has confirmed it won't be out... I'm done. (sarcasm)

mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #5335 on: December 05, 2006, 08:07:56 AM »

I still have my money on the 19th. They're in LA so I like the chances.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

« Reply #5336 on: December 05, 2006, 08:10:18 AM »

oh my chokinh soul.. would be a good title for a song hihi

2 weeks left people . Prepare yourself

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #5337 on: December 05, 2006, 08:11:33 AM »

When 2006 passes and there's still no album, complain then....there's still a chance....a little optimism wouldn't go a miss....wait til the years out before you go calling axl a liar etc..
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #5338 on: December 05, 2006, 08:12:05 AM »

oh my chokinh soul.. would be a good title for a song hihi

2 weeks left people . Prepare yourself

It's a spin on Soul Coughing, one of my favorite if not the most original band I listen to.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #5339 on: December 05, 2006, 08:13:58 AM »

HERE IS THE WAY I SEE IT...

The album drops and we are all thrilled.

The album doesn't and I have several more hours a day to fill cause I won't be here anymore.

Either way, there's nothing I can do but wait and try to be optomistic and patient.

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: