Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 09:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 655782 times)
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #5300 on: December 04, 2006, 11:52:25 PM »

Quote from: jarmo

Every time somebody has mentioned the album's release, and then it turned out things didn't happen, that person has been labeled a liar by you guys. And you wonder why they dont speak about these things.....

The reason why fans label these people as liars is because the fans have constantly been misled about the album's release. They also never bother to explain why the album wasn't released when they said it would be so what other conclusion is there? It would be one thing if this happened once or twice? and the fans would just write it off as something unexpected got in the way. It's the simple fact that this has happened multiple times without explanation.
They wouldn't be labelled as liars if they simply acknowledged the frustration and gave us an explanation.

They could put out a press release tomorrow with explanations and a release date, but it wouldn't be good enough. Some of you would still attack them because you'll find something to complain about. That's how it works.

Of course it won't be good enough for everyone. No one can please every person all of the time. That's life, unfortunately. However, much of the negativity could be turned around if the band showed some respect for their diehard fans and gave them an explanation. They would be shooting theirself in the foot if they decided to remain silent just because some people might complain. That's nothing compared to what is going on now and what will continue to grow as time goes on.

I certainly didn't go see this band live in concert because there's an album on the way.

I buy a concert ticket so I can see the band perform live.

It's like buying a movie ticket because you heard there's a soundtrack album coming.

You're comparing apples and oranges. They were creating expectations when they named the tour the "Chinese Democracy Tour." If they didn't want to face this backlash then they shouldn't have made statements that created these expectations. Things would be a lot different if they were up front and honest in the beginning.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:59:07 PM by Acquiesce » Logged
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5301 on: December 05, 2006, 12:06:24 AM »

I think the band/management/the mod group needs to understand that we fans have been supporting a band for 15 years without a new original release.  We deal shows that are cancelled without explination (philly guy here), being promised an album year after year, an official website finally launched that talks about a fanclub that has yet to materialize, ads pulled, articles in major publications that are banned from discussion, and on and on.....

Being a hardcore fan of any band or artist takes time and dedication.  Does it entitle the fan to be "owed" something?  No.  That being said, I think it's a terrible marketing move for this band's management to keep it's hardcore fans in the dark about the album.  It is 12/4 and obviously a decision must have been made as to whether or not the release will happen in 2006 and what the fate of the album is.  No, we aren't "owed" it, but we should have earned the respect to receive some informaton after all these years.
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5302 on: December 05, 2006, 12:11:04 AM »

Would a thread like this be deleted?

Yes.

/jarmo

Why??

I'm not a big fan of posting in these threads.? I do like reading them though, it's entertaining.? But why would this kind of thread be deleted.? We know they come here to the board and read stuff and even post from time to time.?

I just don't understand the censorship around here(another reason I don't like to post).? I thought it was about Rock N Roll.? Censorship isn't RNR, it's Tipper Gore!!!!!!

Amen. ?And then people say 'oh how dare you...how can you say the band is disrespectful to it's fans...it puts on concerts, sets up fan pre-sales, etc.' ?LMAO. ? rofl ?In the immortal words of Chris Rock "You're supposed to, you dumb motherfucker.". ?That's what a band does and what their management makes them do. ?Add to that a $14 million prodcution tab and I'm surprised the label doesn't have GNR doing Wal-Mart store openings to recoup every last dollar they can while they can. ?Given GNR's history of past dissappointments and keeping us waiting for this long with empty promise after empty promise, the band should personally hand deliver the album to each fan on this forum. ?Ok, so I exaggerated a little bit, but you get the idea. ?Smiley ?

Me, I hope it comes out this year so we don't have to deal with this thread growing to 400 pages. ? peace
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #5303 on: December 05, 2006, 12:17:15 AM »

I certainly didn't go see this band live in concert because there's an album on the way.

It's like buying a movie ticket because you heard there's a soundtrack album coming.

I actually chose to go to two shows because I believed the album was coming out. Before the US Leg, I had seen this incarnation of the band five times, two of which included this setlist.  I really was hoping to be part of the big release which included being one of the first to hear new material. I know many East Coast GnR fans who saw this show multiple times and waited on line for hours at Hammerstein to support Axl and the new guys were hoping to experience some part of the band's historic release with the band and fans.

With no album on the horizon in 2006, not only am I disappointed, but I also feel a bit misled. If I am off by a month, then so be it. However, to renege on a 2006 release while continuing to tour without any statement comes off as deceptive to me.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 12:21:21 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GeraldFord
« Reply #5304 on: December 05, 2006, 12:33:30 AM »

It does seem deceptive, but I think the band really did expect the album to come out in '06. My guess is the record label is holding up the release.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #5305 on: December 05, 2006, 12:34:17 AM »

2006 isn't over yet!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Z
« Reply #5306 on: December 05, 2006, 12:45:24 AM »

I actually chose to go to two shows because I believed the album was coming out. Before the US Leg, I had seen this incarnation of the band five times, two of which included this setlist.? I really was hoping to be part of the big release which included being one of the first to hear new material. I know many East Coast GnR fans who saw this show multiple times and waited on line for hours at Hammerstein to support Axl and the new guys were hoping to experience some part of the band's historic release with the band and fans.

With no album on the horizon in 2006, not only am I disappointed, but I also feel a bit misled. If I am off by a month, then so be it. However, to renege on a 2006 release while continuing to tour without any statement comes off as deceptive to me.

Same here. ?I've taken 2 trips to NY from Philly. ?I've posted this before but it gets deleted each time. ?So I'll spare my GNR resume over the past 20 years.

I did take the trip to NY to catch the very next show (3.5 yrs later) after the Philly riot which I was at. ?If that's not getting behind Axl and the band then I don't know what support is.

These guys are making alot of money off this "Chinese Democracy" tour. ?If the record does not get released this year then the "fall, late fall", "This is the year" and "# of Tuesdays left in the year" statements will have been made to sell tickets IMO.

And with that I will, after 20 years of fanatical support, be done. ?Maybe nobody cares or maybe Beta will come by and say how they don't need me but that's how I feel and this is a place of expression so I'm expressing myself to vent.

On another note, regarding the whining comments. ?For some of us its called "venting". ?When you support something for 20 years, and feel slighted or misled or decieved.....then venting is healthy.
Nayl
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5307 on: December 05, 2006, 01:01:09 AM »

I actually chose to go to two shows because I believed the album was coming out. Before the US Leg, I had seen this incarnation of the band five times, two of which included this setlist.? I really was hoping to be part of the big release which included being one of the first to hear new material. I know many East Coast GnR fans who saw this show multiple times and waited on line for hours at Hammerstein to support Axl and the new guys were hoping to experience some part of the band's historic release with the band and fans.

Same here. ?I've taken 2 trips to NY from Philly. ?I've posted this before but it gets deleted each time. ?So I'll spare my GNR resume over the past 20 years.

I did take the trip to NY to catch the very next show (3.5 yrs later) after the Philly riot which I was at. ?If that's not getting behind Axl and the band then I don't know what support is.

These guys are making alot of money off this "Chinese Democracy" tour. ?If the record does not get released this year then the "fall, late fall", "This is the year" and "# of Tuesdays left in the year" statements will have been made to sell tickets IMO.

And with that I will, after 20 years of fanatical support, be done. ?Maybe nobody cares or maybe Beta will come by and say how they don't need me but that's how I feel and this is a place of expression so I'm expressing myself to vent.

On another note, regarding the whining comments. ?For some of us its called "venting". ?When you support something for 20 years, and feel slighted or misled or decieved.....then venting is healthy.

I really and truthfully hope I am wrong I hope the CD comes out this year I will take every I told you so with a smile and agree.I am thankful I got to see axl perform again after so many years away but the sad fact is that most of us are beginnin to see this tour for what it was/is a cash grab.Perhaps universal said look either put out the cd or get out on the road and start repaying your debt who knows.One of the things that makes Axl so great is how his behavior is.Also makes for a huge pain in the ass when it comes to stuff like this.The leaks are good just release the album.Will it live up to 20 years of hype? No never no act could do that and expect it to live up to the hype surrounding it.That does not mean it cannot come out and be one of the best rock albums ever.

dallasgel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5308 on: December 05, 2006, 01:14:12 AM »

CD will probably never see the light of day b/c chances are it will not be good enough to live up to the legacy of AFD and Axl knows it.  I would like to actually hear all these songs that they have been working on for all these years but I get the sense that Axl is so damaged-emotionally and psychologically-that he is unable to overcome his demons.  Universal has probably crushed him even more by sending him back to the drawing board time and again with CD.  You would have to be a fool to think that the new songs can even compare to the old lineup's songs.  I just watched the MTV GNR at the Roxy this evening and I gotta tell ya, it gave me goosebumps.  I remembered why it was that I fell in love with this band in the first place.  They were a BAND, not a bunch of guys on a payroll.  With all this being said I am still on my way to Edmonton in a couple days to see Axl- even after the Vancouver debacle of 2002.  I guess part of me is still holding on to the idea that he is still capable of wowing me and I hope he can build the confidence to finally release the album.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #5309 on: December 05, 2006, 01:28:41 AM »

CD will probably never see the light of day b/c chances are it will not be good enough to live up to the legacy of AFD and Axl knows it.  I would like to actually hear all these songs that they have been working on for all these years but I get the sense that Axl is so damaged-emotionally and psychologically-that he is unable to overcome his demons.  Universal has probably crushed him even more by sending him back to the drawing board time and again with CD.  You would have to be a fool to think that the new songs can even compare to the old lineup's songs.  I just watched the MTV GNR at the Roxy this evening and I gotta tell ya, it gave me goosebumps.  I remembered why it was that I fell in love with this band in the first place.  They were a BAND, not a bunch of guys on a payroll.  With all this being said I am still on my way to Edmonton in a couple days to see Axl- even after the Vancouver debacle of 2002.  I guess part of me is still holding on to the idea that he is still capable of wowing me and I hope he can build the confidence to finally release the album.

how do YOU people get off this shit!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

listen to what you r' sayin' man, your makin' this shit up as you go, WHAT THE FUCK DO U KNOW!!!

you dont know shit about what is goin' on n' you dont know have a fuckin' clue about Axl's personal life and his 'demons'!!       just fuckin' stick to your Roxy vids n' we'll stay with our 'paycheck' group!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #5310 on: December 05, 2006, 01:29:55 AM »

CD will probably never see the light of day b/c chances are it will not be good enough to live up to the legacy of AFD and Axl knows it.?

I feel you really hit the nail on the head there.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5311 on: December 05, 2006, 01:31:12 AM »

listen to what you r' sayin' man, your makin' this shit up as you go, WHAT THE FUCK DO U KNOW!!!

Amen to that.  People speculate and suddenly become marketing execs or Axl's fuckin' psychiatrist.  It's all just elaborate guesswork! confused

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5312 on: December 05, 2006, 03:12:43 AM »

you dont know shit about what is goin' on n' you dont know have a fuckin' clue about Axl's personal life and his 'demons'!!       just fuckin' stick to your Roxy vids n' we'll stay with our 'paycheck' group!!

hahaha, Gawd bless ya Clintron, you never let me down mate.
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #5313 on: December 05, 2006, 03:29:27 AM »

so - i have days where i believe its coming out this year, and days i dont. today i do - let me share why.

i refuse to accept that merck and the band have that little respect for us. if it weren't coming out this year, they'd know by now. i dont believe (i dont WANT to believe) that they'd actually keep us in the dark knowing the speculation and fear that grows everyday within us. call it blind faith if you will...

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #5314 on: December 05, 2006, 03:38:54 AM »

That's called optimism, miss bomb. Nothing wrong with that.

Blind faith is something else.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #5315 on: December 05, 2006, 03:49:55 AM »

That's called optimism, miss bomb. Nothing wrong with that.

Blind faith is something else.

ok well today im optimistic  peace

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
chris83
Opening Act

2007?

« Reply #5316 on: December 05, 2006, 05:53:36 AM »

Every day I search for C.D. on amazon.de and today it's the first time I found it......don't know if it means anything......only want to let you know that it's there, unfortunately without a release date!

http://www.amazon.de/Chinese-Democracy-Guns-n-Roses/dp/B000LC4DRI/sr=8-2/qid=1165315631/ref=sr_1_2/303-8635361-6213004?ie=UTF8&s=music

...unlike oasis we could not find a way to all get along
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #5317 on: December 05, 2006, 05:55:50 AM »

Alot of us were around in 2003. I remember those days, it was pretty much like it is now, only less intense.

Wow, how fast you forget.

2003: 0 live shows, 1 new leaked track
2006: 2 full tours in Europe and North America, 4 leaked tracks, band is active, numerous press releases, Axl appreances

I'm talking about the mood on the boards. You think I'm an idiot?

err..it seems that you're doing the best to look like a one.. so what was the mood sensor back in 2003? was it almost 0% or near of 50% or perhaps 67%
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #5318 on: December 05, 2006, 06:04:34 AM »

Isn't it fair to say that those that are in the know (the band (or one member of it) the record company and lawyers etc) are all singing from the same hymn sheet here. ?

Why would the record store need to know? ?Put yourself in the record shop shoes, will you without notice make room for 500 or whatever copies of Chinese Democracy in shop? ?If the answer is no then you've lost out on a big payday. There are plenty of other artists albums that are able to be moved into the stockroom if needed, doesn't take too much organising.

For this to remain secret it would take a huge effort by those at the top to put in place measures to make this work. ?So how come it hasn't leaked? Well it ain't inconcevable that the workers are all on huge bonuses for it remain silent, if it leaks the bonus is withdrawn to everybody. None of this is fact I know but it sure is feasible.

I, like lots of people are pissed about the lack of info, but having saw an awlsome show at Donington, I 'm hopeful that they will deliver, (don't they always keep the fans hanging on as if it ain't gonna happen, we should be used to that by now)

I actually like the Universal gig theory, it would make perfect sense to curtail the end of this leg of the tour to hitch up with some promtional stuff. December 19th is a good call, with the christmas market in full swing too. ?I would love to be at the Universal post - release gig for sure, Axl will say, "I told them it would be out this year but the fuckheads behind their computers were full of shit (I include myself in that BTW-LOL) so get in the ring you downloading motherfuckers" and a one off performance of the song.... or something like that anyway.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 06:16:34 AM by wight gunner » Logged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5319 on: December 05, 2006, 06:25:42 AM »

Someone has an opinion you don't like. Grab a tissue, son. Life goes on.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: