Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 09:32:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 655793 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5280 on: December 04, 2006, 09:11:40 PM »

How many fans do you think have died waiting for this album? That's tragedy.

I know some have but what's the actual figure?Cry

I have no idea hihi

I just had this image of a devoted fan who's been waiting for 15 years. Then when it finally arrives he gets killed in a car accident on the way to the record store. I'm just thinking something like that is bound to happen considering the amount of fans. Such tragedy.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
estranged.1098
« Reply #5281 on: December 04, 2006, 09:12:13 PM »

Would a thread like this be deleted?

Yes.

/jarmo

Ah, yes. Threads that might be disrespectful to the band are deleted. Like Mysteron said, respect is an important thing.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #5282 on: December 04, 2006, 09:16:21 PM »

Is that a problem for you Booker?

First you say I'm not able to criticize GN'R and now you say I'm able to criticize bands I'm a fan of. Well I am a fan of GN'R.....

Huh

And there you have the contradiction I was alluding to.  Then again I did use the word "supposedly." 

Youve based the reasoning for your lack of GNR criticism (although it "complaining" when it concerns GNR, a distinction youve yet to clarify) because its pointless to criticize things that are out of your control.  Im pointing out that that hasnt stopped you from criticizing/complaining about other bands.  It would seem to me that if you truly believe its pointless to criticize a band youre a fan of because its out of your control, you would apply that logic to bands that youre a fan of, or at the very least understand where the other fans are coming from.  Thats the reason I brought it up - I think its relevant to the attitude youve taken toward fans that are being critical of GNR.  You also havent answered whether you feel fans are justified in their criticism.

Now, if you don't have any new release date rumors to add, I suggest you stop bringing the "related bands" and which bands I'm "supposedly a fan of" into this thread.

Fine by me, I have nothing more to say about it.  This post is an answer to a question you asked me.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5283 on: December 04, 2006, 09:16:34 PM »

It's coming out this year.? End of bitching!

PLEASE stop it!!! crying rant Cry Angry

Well, the last we heard from GNR, they said that it was coming out in 2006. ?So why don't we wait and see if this is true? ?If it doesn't come out, then we can bitch. ?I have no idea when the cd will be out, but I'm still believing them untill otherwise. ?And if it doesn't come out, obviously something happened that delayed it. ?Do you honestly think that Axl and Merck would say that it is coming out when it wasn't? ?c'mon. ?If it has been delayed, we will be getting it shortly either way.

And would people stop saying that an album needs all this promotion months in advance. ?The new Guns N Roses album will not need that much promotion, because it will make money over time. ?As soon as people start to hear about it. ?

So I say again, based on what GNR has told us....

It's coming out this year. ?Stop your bitching!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #5284 on: December 04, 2006, 09:18:35 PM »

Lol....all the bitching....
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #5285 on: December 04, 2006, 09:18:46 PM »

Well, the last we heard from GNR, they said that it was coming out in 2006. ?So why don't we wait and see if this is true? ?If it doesn't come out, then we can bitch. ?I have no idea when the cd will be out, but I'm still believing them untill otherwise. ?And if it doesn't come out, obviously something happened that delayed it. ?Do you honestly think that Axl and Merck would say that it is coming out when it wasn't? ?c'mon. ?If it has been delayed, we will be getting it shortly either way.

And would people stop saying that an album needs all this promotion months in advance. ?The new Guns N Roses album will not need that much promotion, because it will make money over time. ?As soon as people start to hear about it. ?

I agree...let's wait a few weeks before we all go psycho...while a release this month with no notice may not be conventional, it's not impossible. ?Let's give them a little credit. ?peace

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5286 on: December 04, 2006, 09:23:30 PM »

Is that a problem for you Booker?

First you say I'm not able to criticize GN'R and now you say I'm able to criticize bands I'm a fan of. Well I am a fan of GN'R.....

Huh

And there you have the contradiction I was alluding to.? Then again I did use the word "supposedly."?

Youve based the reasoning for your lack of GNR criticism (although it "complaining" when it concerns GNR, a distinction youve yet to clarify) because its pointless to criticize things that are out of your control.? Im pointing out that that hasnt stopped you from criticizing/complaining about other bands.? It would seem to me that if you truly believe its pointless to criticize a band youre a fan of because its out of your control, you would apply that logic to bands that youre a fan of, or at the very least understand where the other fans are coming from.? Thats the reason I brought it up - I think its relevant to the attitude youve taken toward fans that are being critical of GNR.? You also havent answered whether you feel fans are justified in their criticism.

Now, if you don't have any new release date rumors to add, I suggest you stop bringing the "related bands" and which bands I'm "supposedly a fan of" into this thread.

Fine by me, I have nothing more to say about it.? This post is an answer to a question you asked me.

We both know we're you're getting at here Floyd, and we both know the answer don't we? We also know that's not gonna happen too right....? No need attempting entrapment then is perhaps what I'm trying to say.

smoking

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5287 on: December 04, 2006, 09:27:45 PM »

Booker forgot to include the part where I pointed out that it's easier to criticize when you don't have all the facts.

Oh well, I guess it proved another one of his points.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5288 on: December 04, 2006, 09:28:14 PM »

I agree...let's wait a few weeks before we all go psycho...while a release this month with no notice may not be conventional, it's not impossible. ?Let's give them a little credit. ?peace

Yeah, let's wait a few weeks. Then watch all hell break loose here.

flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5289 on: December 04, 2006, 09:32:45 PM »

Can't we all just get along ?
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5290 on: December 04, 2006, 09:48:48 PM »

Fuck off.

Just kidding.  love Yeah, let's try to get along. Misery loves company, I know, but we're taking it a bit far perhaps.

hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5291 on: December 04, 2006, 09:55:19 PM »

Yes.

/jarmo

Ah, yes. Threads that might be disrespectful to the band are deleted. Like Mysteron said, respect is an important thing.

Yea, but respect seems to go only one way with gnr, they haven't been giving respect to their fans. If that is the case then they don't desrve any respect themselves.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5292 on: December 04, 2006, 10:08:43 PM »

Yes.

/jarmo

Why? 

I'm not a big fan of posting in these threads.  I do like reading them though, it's entertaining.  But why would this kind of thread be deleted.  We know they come here to the board and read stuff and even post from time to time. 

I just don't understand the censorship around here(another reason I don't like to post).  I thought it was about Rock N Roll.  Censorship isn't RNR, it's Tipper Gore!!!!!!
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #5293 on: December 04, 2006, 10:11:15 PM »

It's because I can see what'll happen if they do it. I can also see what'll happen is they don't.

As far as I'm concerned, it's up to them to decide what to do.

I can also see what will happen.

On 24/12, some big fans of? this band like ppbebe and damnthehaters will remember that Axl said the album would be out this year, and they will also remember that Merck hinted you might just find it in your record store. Come the next day, they will be disapointed by this band. On Christmas of all days.

If they would let people know it's not coming instead, these fans wouldn't build their hopes until the end of the year, and the disapointment wouldn't be as great. Some people would bitch at the announcement, but you'll delete their posts anyway. If they don't let us know these same people will be here on 27/12 bitching about the album not being out anyway, so I don't see what they gain in that respect.

When they cancelled a show because Axl was sick, one or two fuckers bitched about it. So what? It kept thousands of people from showing up at a gig that wasn't happening. Remember that.

Promising the album and not being able to deliver it is one thing. Ignoring people after that happens is another. If you think it's justified or not, it's still very disrespectful to the fans.

Well you also have to realize if they make a statement then it becomes news. Look at how many places have reported the delay of the album even without a statement. If they want to minimize bad press then silence is the way to go right now. They can't say something to us (the obsessed message board fans) without making a statement to everyone.

Fuck off.

That was hysterical. Don't get too close to a GNR fan, they can snap at any moment.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #5294 on: December 04, 2006, 10:13:03 PM »

[Yea, but respect seems to go only one way with gnr, they haven't been giving respect to their fans. If that is the case then they don't desrve any respect themselves.

Ah, yes...good point, sir!
I bought a concert ticket,
And they just stood there

And didn't play songs!
I bought "Appetite" and "Lies",
"Use Your Illusion",

And even good ol'
"Spaghetti Incident", too!
Imagine my shock

To find they were blank!!!
Looks like the band has NEVER
Delivered a thing!!!

They don't respect me! no
I have paid SO MUCH money,
And got...wait...oh yeah.

Music I paid for
And music they delivered
Each time that I paid.

So I respect them
Both sides made their agreement.
Respect point is moot.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5295 on: December 04, 2006, 10:38:42 PM »

Yea, but respect seems to go only one way with gnr, they haven't been giving respect to their fans. If that is the case then they don't desrve any respect themselves.

I disagree.  I think it's damned respectful to perform your ass off when you've been fighting strep for a week.  Shows how important it was to the band that they only canceled one show.  They could've canceled a week or ten days, and it would have been reasonable...but everyone got a great show, except the one gig they canceled (on doctor's orders).  Good enough for me. 

I also think respect is putting out your best material.  We aren't all rolling in money, like Axl & Co., or other artists, and it's shitty when acts put out a shitty album that we, the loyal fans, pay for.  He's doing his best to put out something great, and that's evidence of the band's respect for the fans.  I know we all want it ASAP, but when you've put a good chunk of your life into something, it's worth doing right.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #5296 on: December 04, 2006, 10:46:48 PM »

I think it's safe to say that we know this albumn isn't going to suck, judging by the leaks.
I for one still have hope for a 06 release. I'll take Jarmos advice and only believe press releases from the band themselves. That's what they've said and until they refute that, that's what I'll believe.

On a side note, it would be interesting to conduct a poll to see the percentage of believers and non-believers in a 06 release.
Would a thread for that sole purpose be deleted?

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5297 on: December 04, 2006, 10:50:19 PM »

Yes.

/jarmo

They organized presales for the fans and surprise concerts were fans were randomly picked to get tickets and you say they dont respect us? You have got to be kidding me!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5298 on: December 04, 2006, 10:53:53 PM »

I think it's safe to say that we know this albumn isn't going to suck, judging by the leaks.
I for one still have hope for a 06 release. I'll take Jarmos advice and only believe press releases from the band themselves. That's what they've said and until they refute that, that's what I'll believe.

On a side note, it would be interesting to conduct a poll to see the percentage of believers and non-believers in a 06 release.

I don't think so...it's not disrespectful, and people are voicing negative opinions, anyway, so it might be interesting.  A few choices (2006, first half of 2007, last half of 2007, 2008-2009, 2010 or later) might make it better than 2006 or not 2006.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #5299 on: December 04, 2006, 11:12:53 PM »

I don't think so...it's not disrespectful, and people are voicing negative opinions, anyway, so it might be interesting.  A few choices (2006, first half of 2007, last half of 2007, 2008-2009, 2010 or later) might make it better than 2006 or not 2006.

Sounds good.  ok
I'll give it a few minutes then just go and make the bastard and it it gets deleted, it gets deleted.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: