Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 11:18:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 655851 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5260 on: December 04, 2006, 08:32:56 PM »

is it just me or does everybody just bitch at eachother in this forum???

Wanna know why? Because when you have been waiting for something for over ten years, and get promises that you are gonna get it very soon, and it get's taken away at the last second, people get frustrated

Does that make things clearer?

No, it doesn't...I've been waiting just as long as everybody else, I'm as pissed off and frustrated as anybody....I just think bitching at eachother over the internet is for little whiny bitches.....

I know what you're saying.

I guess I've been around for too long to get that excited about "this year".

I want a press release with the release date and maybe even a tracklist and cover art. Then I'll get excited.....

I guess that's just me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
live-metal.net
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5261 on: December 04, 2006, 08:34:01 PM »

That expresses my sentiments exactly.   ok
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #5262 on: December 04, 2006, 08:34:20 PM »

Wanna know why? Because when you have been waiting for something for over ten years, and get promises that you are gonna get it very soon, and it get's taken away at the last second, people get frustrated

No, it doesn't...I've been waiting just as long as everybody else, I'm as pissed off and frustrated as anybody....I just think bitching at eachother over the internet is for little whiny bitches.....

Here Here!

I would'nt do that if I were you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5263 on: December 04, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »

"Yo punk ass mothafucka shat yo trap r Im gunna kikk ya azz, fucker!! rant"

Haha, you know you've met these people in real life. You know, the guy who just stares at you dumbfounded after you've asked him what the fuck he wants since he's throwing curse words at you. Guess what, they got internet connections too hihi
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:36:50 PM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #5264 on: December 04, 2006, 08:35:32 PM »

I want this to happen because I want to hear good music, but I also want this to happen for the band. They seriously deserve recognition for their efforts all these years.  These shows are great and exhibit the band in all its raw and polished glory but they cannot get to as much of the world as the release of Chinese. 

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5265 on: December 04, 2006, 08:36:17 PM »

As far as "Chinese Democracy" is concerned, I'm already in 2007 and I'm waiting patiently.

Happy New Year!  Smiley

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5266 on: December 04, 2006, 08:37:34 PM »

I don't get why you can't see the least the can do regarding the album is the same: let us know as soon as possible that things didn't work out. You said it's ok if they don't, when it would be incredibly disrespectful to their fans. Do you only care about respect if it's people on the internet talking about the band? I think it goes both ways.

It's because I can see what'll happen if they do it. I can also see what'll happen is they don't.

As far as I'm concerned, it's up to them to decide what to do.

/jarmo

In other words you're saying that it's a matter of what we want and what they want, and you choose to stay indifferent because you believe the result will be the same?

I predict there will be a very negative reaction from fans if 2006 passes with no word on the album's completion/release.

What form will the negative reaction take?

Your asking that question again? I'll bet a lot of folks have decided that they're just gonna download CD if and when it comes out. People have waited so long, the minute it leaks, it'll be devoured by some who just can't wait any longer. Plus, others might decide they're not gonna put anymore money into the band for whatever reason.

I don't believe any of them. People who are this obsessed over an album that they spend hours online getting angry about it aren't just going to switch that off New Year's Eve. Every single one of you will be here reading, even if you are pretending not to be here by not posting, and you'll all buy Chinese Democracy too......though I never got the logic behind stealing something because it isn't delivered according to your timetable anyway.

I didn't say people would download it because GNR didn't adhere to their timetable. I said people would download it because they just can't wait any longer. GNR have created so much pent-up demand for this CD, that people just won't be able to resist it.

I also never said people would stop posting here. In fact, if GNR fails to meet their own timetable, I'm sure more people will be posting even more negatively than before. We know they read the forums, so let them see some real anger in January.

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5267 on: December 04, 2006, 08:39:46 PM »

Didn't you just act like a whiny little bitch in that post?  Huh Some people call that hypocrisy.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #5268 on: December 04, 2006, 08:40:35 PM »

Since Beta, the closest person to Axl, likes to come on the board once in while to bitch out the bitches, can we start a thread directed at her, a petition of sorts, pleading with her to send the message to Axl to let us know if '06 is off the table? ?Would a thread like this be deleted? ?If not, someone, a better writer then myself, should post this and we should ALL sign it. ?No negativity in the post. ?Just power in numbers.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5269 on: December 04, 2006, 08:40:56 PM »

I didn't say people would download it because GNR didn't adhere to their timetable. I said people would download it because they just can't wait any longer. GNR have created so much pent-up demand for this CD, that people just won't be able to resist it.

I also never said people would stop posting here. In fact, if GNR fails to meet their own timetable, I'm sure more people will be posting even more negatively than before. We know they read the forums, so let them see some real anger in January.

Let's get real here, we'll all download it as soon as it pops up on the net. I mean come on, we're talking 10 years here. Could you wait? smoking

Naturally, we'll all buy it too when that option becomes possible.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5270 on: December 04, 2006, 08:41:55 PM »

Would a thread like this be deleted?

Yes.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #5271 on: December 04, 2006, 08:43:30 PM »

Would a thread like this be deleted?

Yes.

/jarmo

Thats a shame  Cry

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Steffi
« Reply #5272 on: December 04, 2006, 08:44:17 PM »

First of all, I'm not civilized, I'm a Guns fan.
Secondly, you can't understand that the frustration the fans feel takes the form of bitching? We are not in a happy place right now, if your pissed of, it shows.

And by the way, didn't you just bitch about the bitching?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #5273 on: December 04, 2006, 08:46:44 PM »

First of all, I'm not civilized, I'm a Guns fan.
Secondly, you can't understand that the frustration the fans feel takes the form of bitching? We are not in a happy place right now, if your pissed of, it shows.

And by the way, didn't you just bitch about the bitching?

I think you meant to aim part of that at me.  Not civilized indeed. But dont tar all GNR fans with the same brush please.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #5274 on: December 04, 2006, 08:47:29 PM »

I can only imagine what the 35+ year old original fans think of all this nonsense. ?nervous

Why can't Axl just realise that it's only a damn record, that it (probably) won't be as good as AFD and that every second that passes the hole gets deeper and deeper. Put the record out and be done. Geez. ?Roll Eyes
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #5275 on: December 04, 2006, 09:00:20 PM »

look at it this way.. come december 31st this and every GNR board will be active as hell.. if CD comes out everyone will be talking about it and if it doesn't we all will be bitching and complaining about it

either way, we can expect some exciting times ahead of us, nor one fan will be bored, I guarantee it ok

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #5276 on: December 04, 2006, 09:02:13 PM »

look at it this way.. come december 31st this and every GNR board will be active as hell.. if CD comes out everyone will be talking about it and if it doesn't we all will be bitching and complaining about it

either way, we can expect some exciting times ahead of us, nor one fan will be bored, I guarantee it ok

I think there would be no one around.
Either they will be in mental institutions, or on a killing spree. either way, they wont be online

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Nayl
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5277 on: December 04, 2006, 09:05:14 PM »

Yup shame that GnR management cannot have the respect for fans to say something,most of us are not idiots though and know its gonna be delayed would be nice to see em have some loyalty to there fanbase though and own up and say it themselves.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5278 on: December 04, 2006, 09:06:38 PM »

How many fans do you think have died while waiting for this album? That's tragedy.

IRSDemocracy
« Reply #5279 on: December 04, 2006, 09:07:39 PM »

How many fans do you think have died waiting for this album? That's tragedy.

I know some have but what's the actual figure?Cry
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: