Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 11:22:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 655865 times)
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #5240 on: December 04, 2006, 08:03:35 PM »

It's coming out this year.? End of bitching!

PLEASE stop it!!! crying rant Cry Angry

haha ha ya ha ha ha YOU HADS ME ALMOST CRYING hahahahaha

I AM CRYING!!! ?crying/ hihi

I would'nt do that if I were you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5241 on: December 04, 2006, 08:04:22 PM »

I don't get why you can't see the least the can do regarding the album is the same: let us know as soon as possible that things didn't work out. You said it's ok if they don't, when it would be incredibly disrespectful to their fans. Do you only care about respect if it's people on the internet talking about the band? I think it goes both ways.

It's because I can see what'll happen if they do it. I can also see what'll happen is they don't.

As far as I'm concerned, it's up to them to decide what to do.

/jarmo

In other words you're saying that it's a matter of what we want and what they want, and you choose to stay indifferent because you believe the result will be the same?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #5242 on: December 04, 2006, 08:04:30 PM »

I've pretty much lost intetest in "related bands" ever since GN'R became active again...  What happened Booker? The VR section feels lonely so you popped in here?

Thanks for proving my point.  It wasnt necessary, but welcomed nonetheless. ok

Your own quote answers your assumption:

making an implication you cant support because its simply untrue.

Are you talking about my assumption that your virtuous positivity doesnt extend to related bands?  I can surely back that up, just give the word.  Im interested to see if you can find posts that reflect the attitude you attributed to me, particularly since the bands resurgence earlier this year.

Complaining doesn't make me feel better, that's why I don't like doing it.

Youre choosing to say "complain" instead of "criticize" - its semantics, but Im interested to know what you perceive to be the difference.  Youve certainly demonstrated that youre capable of criticism of bands of which youre supposedly a fan.

They also said they were gonna play shows in Portland and Milwaukee.

That doesn't mean I think their credibility is worse.

Would you like to guess the difference between the scenario I proposed and this example? 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:06:35 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #5243 on: December 04, 2006, 08:08:33 PM »

is it just me or does everybody just bitch at eachother in this forum???
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5244 on: December 04, 2006, 08:09:58 PM »

It's called Internet Discussion hihi

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #5245 on: December 04, 2006, 08:11:09 PM »

I don't get why you can't see the least the can do regarding the album is the same: let us know as soon as possible that things didn't work out. You said it's ok if they don't, when it would be incredibly disrespectful to their fans. Do you only care about respect if it's people on the internet talking about the band? I think it goes both ways.

It's because I can see what'll happen if they do it. I can also see what'll happen is they don't.

/jarmo

In other words you're saying that it's a matter of what we want and what they want, and you choose to stay indifferent because you believe the result will be the same?

I predict there will be a very negative reaction from fans if 2006 passes with no word on the album's completion/release.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5246 on: December 04, 2006, 08:12:20 PM »

/jarmo

I predict there will be a very negative reaction from fans if 2006 passes with no word on the album's completion/release.

What, you Nostradamus now? hihi

SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5247 on: December 04, 2006, 08:12:53 PM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=85795

I'm just posting since this is the thread where everyone 'speculates their life away'. It's some dude claiming to know Hollywood lawyers who say Axl never intended to release the album and Universal is considering a fraud lawsuit.

I actually sorta believe what this person wrote. Sorta.

And Jarmo, I've been reading some of your responses to random people in this thread. I personally don't think the band owes me anything. I understand the 'Burger King' analogy. But saying many (dozens) of times in the press that the record is out this year is really not cool and disrespectful to the people (like me) who pay $100 to see the band. I bought tickets to an L.A. show taking Merck's word that the record would (most likely) be out by then. Had the record been put out by now, I wouldve gone to all 3 shows and taken several friends along. Not anymore.

At the same time, I'm not going to spend 4 hours a day on this website bitching about it, but it is definately a huge disappointment to anyone who finally got their hopes up. In the last 10 years, I never believed any of the rumors until I started reading the '13 Tuesdays' stuff in Rolling Stone (normally a great magazine with reliable info)...you may not like complaining, I don't see any point in complaining either, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really let down by that. Correction, I'm pretty sure I will be really let down by that statement...there are 4 Tuesdays left.

My main gripe is that even though I'm disappointed, I always wish Axl and 'Guns N' Roses' the best of luck and success. They are a legendary band and the legacy should be honored. I don't care if Axl truly is a selfish egomaniac with no respect for the folks in the audience getting crushed in the barricades or those who need to, um, work the next day. He is one of the most talented frontmen of all time and no amount of bad behavior can take that away from him. He can still lose his audience though.

When I was at Inland Invasion in the good seats and 30% of the sold out crowd was gone by the time they graced us with their presence 100 minutes after the previous act, and then another half of the remaining crowd left or stayed sitting down bored out of their minds during the long-ass wankfest guitar solos, I realized that even though I liked the guitar playing and saw their obvious talent, more people than not would not show up to see another GN'R show. They paid to see 'Guns N' Roses', not a show where 40% of the onstage time consists of 3 Yngwie's desperately trying to prove that they're worthy of being there. I'm not bashing the band, they're talented folks, I'm saying that the way it is now is going to hurt them in the long run. My opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Every time Axl shows up that late (ok, everytime he makes people wait that long, since apparently 'late' is a subjective term according to Del James), and every time someone leaves because they're bored of the long solos, and every time they let folks down when they tease us with a release date, their legacy takes a hit.

Me? I'm fine. I have a good job, I'm a musician myself, I just took the LSAT and might go to law school. The release of an album or a concert with some weak spots isn't going to affect me much. I'm just slightly sad that one of my favorite bands of all time is happily flipping the world the bird thinking that they can keep doing that forever. I hope they can, but I see them resorting to county fairs really fast with their dishonesty about the album and their onstage 'ethics'.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #5248 on: December 04, 2006, 08:13:44 PM »

I just hope no one has any serious belief that the record will come this year. Please avoid the disappointment. It is not happening.

As far as "Chinese Democracy" is concerned, I'm already in 2007 and I'm waiting patiently.
Steffi
« Reply #5249 on: December 04, 2006, 08:16:52 PM »

Wanna know why? Because when you have been waiting for something for over ten years, and get promises that you are gonna get it very soon, and it get's taken away at the last second, people get frustrated

Does that make things clearer?
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #5250 on: December 04, 2006, 08:17:10 PM »

/jarmo

What form will the negative reaction take?

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5251 on: December 04, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »

/jarmo

Your asking that question again? I'll bet a lot of folks have decided that they're just gonna download CD if and when it comes out. People have waited so long, the minute it leaks, it'll be devoured by some who just can't wait any longer. Plus, others might decide they're not gonna put anymore money into the band for whatever reason.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #5252 on: December 04, 2006, 08:21:17 PM »

/jarmo

What, you Nostradamus now? hihi

I haven't yet revealed the truth from the  fourth and fifth quatrains, my friend. I will do so now.

Hammerstein was a great moment in GnR history; supposed to be the start of something big. It hasn't happened yet.  Until that happening occurs, many will reconsider so eagerly buying a ticket, esp at $75 a pop,  to see the same show for the fourth or fifth go around.

I know many fans who have publicly and privately expressed such a sentiment.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:30:48 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5253 on: December 04, 2006, 08:23:34 PM »

i bought cheap seatrs for 32 bucs
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #5254 on: December 04, 2006, 08:25:16 PM »

i bought cheap seatrs for 32 bucs

Do you actually have anything useful to contribute to the thread?

estranged.1098
« Reply #5255 on: December 04, 2006, 08:26:53 PM »

I can also see what will happen.

On 24/12, some big fans of  this band like ppbebe and damnthehaters will remember that Axl said the album would be out this year, and they will also remember that Merck hinted you might just find it in your record store. Come the next day, they will be disapointed by this band. On Christmas of all days.

If they would let people know it's not coming instead, these fans wouldn't build their hopes until the end of the year, and the disapointment wouldn't be as great. Some people would bitch at the announcement, but you'll delete their posts anyway. If they don't let us know these same people will be here on 27/12 bitching about the album not being out anyway, so I don't see what they gain in that respect.

When they cancelled a show because Axl was sick, one or two fuckers bitched about it. So what? It kept thousands of people from showing up at a gig that wasn't happening. Remember that.

Promising the album and not being able to deliver it is one thing. Ignoring people after that happens is another. If you think it's justified or not, it's still very disrespectful to the fans.

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #5256 on: December 04, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »

Wanna know why? Because when you have been waiting for something for over ten years, and get promises that you are gonna get it very soon, and it get's taken away at the last second, people get frustrated

Well that was a civilized response to someone who is just surprised that some people here are so nasty and sarcastic and post stuff like your last post ?Roll Eyes

I would'nt do that if I were you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5257 on: December 04, 2006, 08:27:49 PM »

Thanks for proving my point.  It wasnt necessary, but welcomed nonetheless. ok

You're welcome.

Anything said always proves your non-existant points.

It must feel good to be able to constantly pat yourself on the back.

Are you talking about my assumption that your virtuous positivity doesnt extend to related bands?

I'm fan of many bands. GN'R is my favorite band.

It's the band I've followed since the late 80s.

Now tell me what related band has meant more to me than GN'R.... What band do I have more knowledge of than GN'R?

Youve certainly demonstrated that youre capable of criticism of bands of which youre supposedly a fan.

Is that a problem for you Booker?

First you say I'm not able to criticize GN'R and now you say I'm able to criticize bands I'm a fan of. Well I am a fan of GN'R.....

And sa I said, we played this game before when you asked ifI ever found anything wrong with GN'R.

I'm not interested in playing your game again. I mean, what's the use? Anything I say will just "prove your point".

I bet you're aware of the fact that it's easier to criticize something when you don't have all the facts.

You're trying to bring in VR into this and the fact that I criticized them. It's hardly not a secret that I'm first and foremost a GN'R fan and VR were something that most GN'R fans (including me) tried to embrace in a time when nothing was going on with GN'R.

I still prefer Tommy's album to theirs though.

Now, if you don't have any new release date rumors to add, I suggest you stop bringing the "related bands" and which bands I'm "supposedly a fan of" into this thread.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #5258 on: December 04, 2006, 08:29:32 PM »

/jarmo

Your asking that question again? I'll bet a lot of folks have decided that they're just gonna download CD if and when it comes out. People have waited so long, the minute it leaks, it'll be devoured by some who just can't wait any longer. Plus, others might decide they're not gonna put anymore money into the band for whatever reason.

I don't believe any of them. People who are this obsessed over an album that they spend hours online getting angry about it aren't just going to switch that off New Year's Eve. Every single one of you will be here reading, even if you are pretending not to be here by not posting, and you'll all buy Chinese Democracy too......though I never got the logic behind stealing something because it isn't delivered according to your timetable anyway.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #5259 on: December 04, 2006, 08:30:12 PM »

No, it doesn't...I've been waiting just as long as everybody else, I'm as pissed off and frustrated as anybody....I just think bitching at eachother over the internet is for little whiny bitches.....
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: