Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 01:14:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228568 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 655929 times)
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #5220 on: December 04, 2006, 07:28:24 PM »

It seems Axl was just after your money and wanted you to believe that an album was coming out so go see the band! Like Younggunner said..  All he had to say was it will be out when its ready..

So can we say (without being called a hater or a whiner), that if they continue to make vague teasing remarks about the album,  the reason for their existence is a cash grab?  (yah, we call it "playing music" as a euphemism).

That's what it looks like. But people like us if you are agreeing with me will always be called haters.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5221 on: December 04, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »

It's coming out this year.  End of bitching!

HA HA HA HA YOu have me believing you for a se4cond there HA HA HA H AH A
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #5222 on: December 04, 2006, 07:35:57 PM »

Why is it that we can't speak up when we are angry with the band? Like seriously whenever someone does this a bunch of other people always come back with "you can never be satisfied with anything, huh?" but damn.. I havn't complained about a fuckin thing until now.. they really shouldn't have said it was coming out this year UNLESS IT WAS FINISHED! It's just annoying that we are going to have another 2002 on our hands.

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #5223 on: December 04, 2006, 07:37:37 PM »

People keep saying to wait until we here from Merck or Axl to make a statement about the album.  They already did this.  They said it would be out this year.  Thats why people keep speculating about everything.

The point is, an announcement was already made saying that it would be out this year and it won't be for whatever reason.  I don't see why anyone would believe their next "announcement" either. 

I don't blame people for getting upset, but at the same time its not up to us to decide when it comes out.  I just wish the band was a little more active in communicating with their fans.

Skol Vikings
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #5224 on: December 04, 2006, 07:40:37 PM »

Why is it that we can't speak up when we are angry with the band? Like seriously whenever someone does this a bunch of other people always come back with "you can never be satisfied with anything, huh?" but damn.. I havn't complained about a fuckin thing until now.. they really shouldn't have said it was coming out this year UNLESS IT WAS FINISHED! It's just annoying that we are going to have another 2002 on our hands.

Who knows?  On the flip side on the mentioned critisizm come back "you can never be satisfied with anything, huh?", people tend to use the "I havn't complained about a fuckin thing until now.". It goes both ways.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

Here in hell tomorrow in.....

« Reply #5225 on: December 04, 2006, 07:42:09 PM »

The album won't be coming out this year. Face it, they need to start promoting atlease a month before the release of the album and there will be no "secret" release. The idea is ludacris, and to those who think thats the case then your just fucking ignorant and stupid. Geffen just wants G'N'R ?to milk as much as they can off touring and when that dies down we can possibly see a release date followed by a post-release tour. Have you been on Geffen.com latetly? If G'N'R releases an album it sure will be a surprise to them, they have no updates on G'N'R.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5226 on: December 04, 2006, 07:43:24 PM »

It seems Axl was just after your money and wanted you to believe that an album was coming out so go see the band
I think thats a bit strong. I dont believe that Axls agenda is money.

We just want honesty. If you cant keep your word dont say aynthing about an album release. Enough is enough. Just do your tour and thats it. And when its ready release it. But please dont tell us its ready and its coming and then fire a blank. Its getting old.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #5227 on: December 04, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »

It seems Axl was just after your money and wanted you to believe that an album was coming out so go see the band

We just want honesty. If you cant keep your word dont say aynthing about an album release. Enough is enough. Just do your tour and thats it. And when its ready release it. But please dont tell us its ready and its coming and then fire a blank. Its getting old.

It may not be Axl's agenda but it is Geffen's and they need to milk as much money possible from G'N'R since this album is costing so much to produce.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5228 on: December 04, 2006, 07:45:53 PM »

That ability doesnt exactly extend to certain related bands apparently...

I've pretty much lost intetest in "related bands" ever since GN'R became active again...  What happened Booker? The VR section feels lonely so you popped in here?

nothing this band does could draw criticism from you.

Your own quote answers your assumption:

making an implication you cant support because its simply untrue.

And for your information, we've played this game before....

Do you think fans are justified in criticizing the band/management for stating the album will be out in 2006 and sticking with it if the albums not coming out?

Fans can complain about anything they want. They always have.

Complaining doesn't make me feel better, that's why I don't like doing it.

Okay, so since youve chosen to believe them, would a lack of statement addressing the release by the end of the year affect their credibility to you?

No.

They also said they were gonna play shows in Portland and Milwaukee.

That doesn't mean I think their credibility is worse.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5229 on: December 04, 2006, 07:46:10 PM »

It may not be Axl's agenda but it is Geffen's and they need to milk as much money possible from G'N'R since this album is costing so much to produce.
I dont think a label can control when a band tours...can they? And more importantly, teh label hasnt funded the album for quite some time now. There means of getting back money is by releasing Greatest Hits etc....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #5230 on: December 04, 2006, 07:46:44 PM »

If the label is even paying for it still.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #5231 on: December 04, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

Who knows?? On the flip side on the mentioned critisizm come back "you can never be satisfied with anything, huh?", people tend to use the "I havn't complained about a fuckin thing until now.". It goes both ways.
I understand why you say that, but I really havn't complained about anything until now.. this is my first time posting here in a loooong ass time.. but it just pisses me off that we are going to have another 2002 situation on our hands.

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #5232 on: December 04, 2006, 07:47:55 PM »

I dont think a label can control when a band tours...can they? And more importantly, teh label hasnt funded the album for quite some time now. There means of getting back money is by releasing Greatest Hits etc....

Still Geffen has invested alot and they'll release Chinese Democracy when there satisified with the profits of this tour and whatever else they want to sell.

estranged.1098
« Reply #5233 on: December 04, 2006, 07:50:44 PM »

No.

They also said they were gonna play shows in Portland and Milwaukee.

That doesn't mean I think their credibility is worse.

And both times they let people know as soon as possible that things weren't going on as planned.

I don't get why you can't see the least the can do regarding the album is the same: let us know as soon as possible that things didn't work out. You said it's ok if they don't, when it would be incredibly disrespectful to their fans. Do you only care about respect if it's people on the internet talking about the band? I think it goes both ways.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5234 on: December 04, 2006, 07:50:56 PM »

Still Geffen has invested alot and they'll release Chinese Democracy when there satisified with the profits of this tour and whatever else they want to sell.
They have nothing to do with this tour. And do you really think that they would have sat on CD and waited until next yr to release it? Especially if they could have released it in Nivember?

lets be real here. If they recieved the album, they would have set up a November release. They have been waiting to get there hands on this album for yrs. I dont think they would have waited if they actually had it ready to go

The label has issued lucrative bonuses to any1 in the company who can get Axl to release the dam album. I highly doubt they would sit on it if it was in there hands

This is what Im talking about...lame record company/lawyer/more recording excuses....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 07:53:56 PM by younggunner » Logged

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #5235 on: December 04, 2006, 07:57:33 PM »

Do GNR owe us an album...?

No, they don't.

Did GNR indicate an album was coming this year...?

Yes, they did.

Do the fans, therefore, have a right to know if the album is now not forthcoming this year...?

Yes, they do.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5236 on: December 04, 2006, 07:59:44 PM »

I don't get why you can't see the least the can do regarding the album is the same: let us know as soon as possible that things didn't work out. You said it's ok if they don't, when it would be incredibly disrespectful to their fans. Do you only care about respect if it's people on the internet talking about the band? I think it goes both ways.

It's because I can see what'll happen if they do it. I can also see what'll happen is they don't.

As far as I'm concerned, it's up to them to decide what to do.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #5237 on: December 04, 2006, 08:00:15 PM »

It's coming out this year.? End of bitching!

PLEASE stop it!!! crying rant Cry Angry

I would'nt do that if I were you.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5238 on: December 04, 2006, 08:02:37 PM »

It's coming out this year.  End of bitching!

PLEASE stop it!!! crying rant Cry Angry

haha ha ya ha ha ha YOU HADS ME ALMOST CRYING hahahahaha
Steffi
« Reply #5239 on: December 04, 2006, 08:03:25 PM »

Fans have every right to bitch, moan and ask GNR to fuckoff if the album doesn't come out in 2006.

If you say that an album is gonna come out, a lot of people get their hopes up, and if it doesn't, we have been lied to, and that pisses me off. And I don't like being lied to, and I won't just take it as a little b*tch. Im gonna tell them a sincere "Funk You!"

We don't "choose" to wait and get our hopes up, that comes from Axl telling is that 2006 is the year.
That being said, I always try to get the positive news out there, through word and my blog, and I still belive in 2006, until 1 Jan 2007.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:05:23 PM by Steffi » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: