Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 03:19:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228568 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 656128 times)
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5180 on: December 04, 2006, 06:16:44 PM »

only 2 % of concert goers surf the net so if we are all unhappy gnr will still do good live, without a cd
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #5181 on: December 04, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »

I have to disagree with you there Polluxlm (the part about never touring again).? They gave such a great show in Minneapolis on Saturday it was incredible.? I know that everyone cannot get to one of the shows but it is sure the fix you need to get over the wait for the CD.? I'm good for a while. hihi

Wow, I hear ya. ?I had IA and Minneapolis this weekend, and not that I don't want to album to come out sooner rather than later, but those shows definately made me not worry about when the album is coming out. ?I am glad I got that fix too.

Plus, there was not one person who I went with, or people I know that went to the shows, that went of the premise of a new album coming out soon. They went to get their ass kicked, and kicked it was. ?

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #5182 on: December 04, 2006, 06:19:04 PM »

Yes we its "only" an album but the band NEED a fanatical fan base and keeping us in the dark does notthing positive.

You NEED the album, why can't people just be honest instead of phrasing their wants as something which is good for the band. Axl has been pretty much
as non-fan friendly as is possible over the last 10 years, yet he can come out of hiding, sell out MSG and here we all still are. You/we need him a lot more than he needs you/us.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #5183 on: December 04, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »

As has been said many times over, all I want is for this band to be upfront about whether we'll see CD by year's end as was once said. ?Delays happen. ?We know this better than anyone. ?If they made a statement that CD would be released by summer of '07 I would be okay with that. ?Management needs to understand that the silence is disrespectful to us. ?No one has been more patient than us.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #5184 on: December 04, 2006, 06:21:57 PM »

GNR became a lot more than Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child, and Paradise City after I was able to listen to it in the car for hours and hours, week after week . . .

And more so with Use Your Illusion.

Right now, GNR is a group of amazing musicians who can very well carry the torch that others have lit. But until I can listen to high quality recordings of their new material, they will not be any more than that. And I'm not saying that's not enough. I've seen them 5 times since Vegas 2000-1, loved every show.... wouldn't miss it.

I believe the new album is coming soon. It seems to have hit a snag, but it can't be long now. in 2002/3, they dropped off the face of the earth. Now, when something goes wrong on the tour, they bounce back and the next night they put on their best show.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5185 on: December 04, 2006, 06:22:46 PM »

The biggest problem I have is the misleading that seems to be reoccuring. Im all for waiting and the "it will be out when its ready" card. Hell I used to scream about that all the time. Im all for that.

But for me the line gets drawn when Merck and Axl have announced on a few occasions that the album will be out by years end. Year is not up so Ill wait. But if Axl doesnt deliver with a press release explaining why the album didnt come and what is the next proposed release Ill seriously feel cheated and used by the band.

No, we arent owed an album. We all want one. I mean god forbid we are anxious for our favorite band to release an album. But thats not here nor there.

I truly feel we are owed a press release with a sincere description of why the album didnt come out as promised. No vaugue answers or riddles, no music company or lawyer talk either. I dont wanna hear the album didnt come out because the band and company arent on the same page. They have had yrs to get on the same page and plan the release.

I also find it disturbing that people are being questioned about there support for this band because they are becoming tired of the same old stuff. I have PATIENTLY waited and defended this band for 6 yrs now. Yes, that is my own choice and I am not owed anything because of that. Agreed. I have attended shows on both tours. etc etc. I dont need anyone on here questioning how much I love this band because I question what they are doing.

As Axl said back in 2002...."sometimes the truth hurts"....well for me he has said 2006 will be the year. And by the looks of it it seems as if it will pass without the album...and Axl is right....sometimes the truth hurts...the album has yet to surface. and thats whats killing us all

What more does Axl want. The reviews are night and day from the 02 tour. Everything is positive for the most part. Reunion talk is a thing of the past. The boards are warming up to the new band and actually talking about them in a positive light. The leaks kick ass...I mean cmon what the fuck do they need or want....all we wanna do is rock out to this album and watch the members in this band play the fuck out of the songs they have bottled up inside. We all wanna see this band play the new stuff. We all want this group to stay and not get fed up. They have earned it. Its there time to shine. Its there time to show the public that they are worthy of being in gnr and creating another successful chapter of the band...lets fukin go already
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:25:22 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #5186 on: December 04, 2006, 06:28:53 PM »

You understand they did say 2006, right? 

Are you assuming I don't understand basic English?

No, but you seem to try your best to ignore it.

Do you not think a statement is appropriate if they do know its not coming out this year?

Personally it doesn't bother me. It either comes out in 2006 or it doesn't.

Obviously.  It either comes out any year or it doesnt.  It seems that nothing the GNR camp does could draw criticism from you, and youll have spin on-hand for every blatant misstep.  You hypothesize about what fans will say in response to a statement, but those comments will be made by years end anyway -  statement or not.  Is it not a simple courtesy to level with fans rather than allowing an incorrect statement to stand and making the disappointment greater?  Or is the implication that youre not bothered because you simply dont buy what management says?  I have an idea how youll answer that, so Ill just ask: do you buy what management says?  Do you believe that the album will come out this year as theyve stated?

If they somehow rush this album out before Christmas, then of course theyre excused - they would have pulled off a nice surprise.  But so are the fans for expecting less.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #5187 on: December 04, 2006, 06:29:46 PM »

No, we arent owed an album.

I disagree. If I tell the people that pay my paycheck that I'm going to do something, I'd best get it done. Same with Axl. He told us this thing was coming, he should deliver. I think he will, but probably not this year. Or maybe even next.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5188 on: December 04, 2006, 06:31:22 PM »

You understand they did say 2006, right??

Do you not think a statement is appropriate if they do know its not coming out this year?

Obviously.? It either comes out any year or it doesnt.? It seems that nothing the GNR camp does could draw criticism from you, and youll have spin on-hand for every blatant misstep.? You hypothesize about what fans will say in response to a statement, but those comments will be made by years end anyway -? statement or not.? Is it not a simple courtesy to level with fans rather than allowing an incorrect statement to stand and making the disappointment greater?? Or is the implication that youre not bothered because you simply dont buy what management says?? I have an idea how youll answer that, so Ill just ask: do you buy what management says?? Do you believe that the album will come out this year as theyve stated?

If they somehow rush this album out before Christmas, then of course theyre excused - they would have pulled off a nice surprise.? But so are the fans for expecting less.

I would like to know that as well. Do you believe what management says jarmo, that the album will be out this year, or are you implying that we shouldn't trust what management says? Which one?
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5189 on: December 04, 2006, 06:32:30 PM »

The biggest problem I have is the misleading that seems to be reoccuring. Im all for waiting and the "it will be out when its ready" card. Hell I used to scream about that all the time. Im all for that.

But for me the line gets drawn when Merck and Axl have announced on a few occasions that the album will be out by years end. Year is not up so Ill wait. But if Axl doesnt deliver with a press release explaining why the album didnt come and what is the next proposed release Ill seriously feel cheated and used by the band.

No, we arent owed an album. We all want one. I mean god forbid we are anxious for our favorite band to release an album. But thats not here nor there.

I truly feel we are owed a press release with a sincere description of why the album didnt come out as promised. No vaugue answers or riddles, no music company or lawyer talk either. I dont wanna hear the album didnt come out because the band and company arent on the same page. They have had yrs to get on the same page and plan the release.

I also find it disturbing that people are being questioned about there support for this band because they are becoming tired of the same old stuff. I have PATIENTLY waited and defended this band for 6 yrs now. Yes, that is my own choice and I am not owed anything because of that. Agreed. I have attended shows on both tours. etc etc. I dont need anyone on here questioning how much I love this band because I question what they are doing.

As Axl said back in 2002...."sometimes the truth hurts"....well for me he has said 2006 will be the year. And by the looks of it it seems as if it will pass without the album...and Axl is right....sometimes the truth hurts...the album has yet to surface. and thats whats killing us all

What more does Axl want. The reviews are night and day from the 02 tour. Everything is positive for the most part. Reunion talk is a thing of the past. The boards are warming up to the new band and actually talking about them in a positive light. The leaks kick ass...I mean cmon what the fuck do they need or want....all we wanna do is rock out to this album and watch the members in this band play the fuck out of the songs they have bottled up inside. We all wanna see this band play the new stuff. We all want this group to stay and not get fed up. They have earned it. Its there time to shine. Its there time to show the public that they are worthy of being in gnr and creating another successful chapter of the band...lets fukin go already

very well said. I have been a fan for many many years, I just want the album, Im in Australia so I havnt had the oportunity to see them live since 1993. Some of the statements they have been putting out are bordering on arrogant. Dont tell me to get on board, I HAVE been for 18 years now, I just want an album. 10 years, no matter what any of you say , is insane.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:34:07 PM by eggers » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5190 on: December 04, 2006, 06:34:18 PM »

I disagree. If I tell the people that pay my paycheck that I'm going to do something, I'd best get it done. Same with Axl. He told us this thing was coming, he should deliver. I think he will, but probably not this year. Or maybe even next.
disagree. GNR do not owe us an album. If he camoe out tomorrow and said he will never release an album I would understand. Id be extremely filled with all kinds of emotions regarding that but in reality he doesnt owe us one.

With that being said, his comments are misleading and thats wheere I agree.

Axl said it perfectly at the 02 vmas///"you'll see it, but I dont know if soon is the word"...thats a ?prefect line. I can accept that.

But for him and Merck to say on multiple accounts that the album will be out by end of the yr, thats wrong if they dont deliver..hence the frusterations etc

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ben9785
« Reply #5191 on: December 04, 2006, 06:34:58 PM »

Jarmo, if I could direct this to you again
I completely understand all your comments, you're obviously very reasonable about this, everybody feels about it differently though

What I say is, regardless as to them playing by their own rules or whatever, fine, I mean in terms of the fact that they have said that the album is coming out this year, I'd assume, and I hope that, by the end of the year, they will say something, at the most IN RESPONSE to their expectations earlier this year, yknow what I mean? I completely understand they play by their own rules, but for Axl himself to say "its coming this year" from his own mouth, and the album doesn't turn up, with no explanation, just leaves too many questions unanswered. I know that's what they do and they don't care, but at the very least I'd hope by the end of the year they will say SOMETHING, that's all

I will wait until the end of the year before I really start to wonder, I guess sometimes I just get caught up feeling nervous with everybody else, but I try not to dwell too much on it where I can :/
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5192 on: December 04, 2006, 06:35:22 PM »

As I tried to explain earlier, it's still not about what you want and when you want it.

GN'R is GN'R. One of a kind. That's why I still like the band and they never stop surprising me.

/jarmo

See though, that's the problem. ?I agree with the fact that the above statements have all been about what "we" the fans want. ?But, that said, it's a two way street. ?People simply want accountability for the statements made by Axl and GNR and not to be strung along. ?It's fast becoming ?the story of the boy who cried wolf and we all know how that one ended. ?The die hard fans will stand by for a good amount of shit - think this forum and others have proved that, but is that really what any band or individual would want to put their fans through??? ?The old 'Axl is Axl' and 'this is GNR and that's half the surprise' ?has grown so old with everyone that by now it's getting to be pretty tense and happiness and relief is once again turning into a feeling of betrayal and disdain like it did after 2002. ?A tour is great - at least it hasn't fallen apart, but I don't want to see people make anymore excuses for a band whose fans have not only become the definition of patience but continue to stand by a band that has made fools out of all of us for years.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5193 on: December 04, 2006, 06:43:05 PM »

You understand they did say 2006, right??

Obviously.? It either comes out any year or it doesnt.? It seems that nothing the GNR camp does could draw criticism from you, and youll have spin on-hand for every blatant misstep.? You hypothesize about what fans will say in response to a statement, but those comments will be made by years end anyway -? statement or not.? Is it not a simple courtesy to level with fans rather than allowing an incorrect statement to stand and making the disappointment greater?? Or is the implication that youre not bothered because you simply dont buy what management says?? I have an idea how youll answer that, so Ill just ask: do you buy what management says?? Do you believe that the album will come out this year as theyve stated?

If they somehow rush this album out before Christmas, then of course theyre excused - they would have pulled off a nice surprise.? But so are the fans for expecting less.

Great post man!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5194 on: December 04, 2006, 06:55:30 PM »

I would like to know that as well. Do you believe what management says jarmo, that the album will be out this year, or are you implying that we shouldn't trust what management says? Which one?

I believe what they say.

How come some of you believe them in this case, but in other cases you don't? It's weird....

It's almost like you only believe them in cases where you can attack them if something doesn't happen.

Will I call them liars if it doesn't come out in 2006? No.

Simply because I know how things don't always go as planned.

A few weeks ago I was excited about seeing GN'R play in Portland....  hihi

I can't ignore the English language on a board where English is the language.

No matter how hard I try!  Cry

It seems that nothing the GNR camp does could draw criticism from you, and youll have spin on-hand for every blatant misstep. 

I could post like you about, how I'm sad it is that there's no album out and how horrible this band is to its loyal fan until my face was blue, but would it help?

Instead I move on and focus on what we have and not what we don't have.

For some fucked up reason, I can appreciate what I have instead of going on and on about something that I don't have or something that's out of my control.

do you buy what management says?

Yes.

Do you believe that the album will come out this year as theyve stated?

If I say "yes", I'll be labeled a gullible idiot. Well, I'm labeled an idiot anyway.....
If I say "no", people take that as some kind of "confirmation" as you saw earlier.

I remain positive. I think the band knows what they're doing and I think they'll let us know about their plans when they are ready.

But I don't believe in the surprise release strategy. I think that was a joke.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5195 on: December 04, 2006, 06:59:19 PM »

I think the band knows what they're doing and I think they'll let us know about their plans when they are ready.
Going by that then the band doesnt really know what there doing because Axl said that it will be out by years end. And it doesnt happen does that mean they didnt know what they were doing and it wasnt actually ready?

By saying 06 was the year, people take that as "things are ready"

Doc Emmett Brown
First Porn on Mars
Legend

up and away

« Reply #5196 on: December 04, 2006, 06:59:44 PM »

The reason I focus on the album is that I want the *new* band to stand on its own feet. 

Sure, I can understand that.

But once again it's a question of what you want.....

/jarmo

I would kinda hope there is an intersection between what we want, and what the new bands wants, namely, the release of their own music on an album.  Wink

I completely agree there some things I want which the band might not want (starting the show earlier, etc).  And you are right to say that they dont have to give a fuck about that.

But, there must be a "want" that we both share! and that is for the new band to have a reason for existence.

Through a shattered city, watched by laser eyes
overhead the night squad glides
the decaying paradise
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #5197 on: December 04, 2006, 07:00:31 PM »

Jarmo is definately the classic internalist when it comes to GNR!! ?I'd have to say that approach is a much less stessfull way to go.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #5198 on: December 04, 2006, 07:01:07 PM »

and that is for the new band to have a reason for existence.

Playing...... music?
Doc Emmett Brown
First Porn on Mars
Legend

up and away

« Reply #5199 on: December 04, 2006, 07:04:06 PM »

and that is for the new band to have a reason for existence.

Playing...... music?

As I explained earlier.....it's great to see them play music (their own, and that which they did not write), but ultimately, a physical album of their own music is what justifies their existence.  Without it, the new songs are not getting what they deserve, and will always live in the shadow of the old albums.

Through a shattered city, watched by laser eyes
overhead the night squad glides
the decaying paradise
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: