Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 05:25:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228568 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 656214 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #5140 on: December 04, 2006, 05:06:58 PM »

What i think is interesting, is Mercks quote, "you might just walk into a recordstore and find the CD there.." Could this actually be happening? Was he joking, or is this a quote we have been overanalyzing as a joke..? There still are some Weeks left of 2006. I guess there would be a leak, but not if they are holding tight to the plan..

He was probably being sarcastic, but there may be an element of truth in it, they can certainly just put it out! Axl isnt interested in charts, money or anything like that, he just wants to make the best album possible and put it out there!

Jonx

yeah, that may be.. But since the HD is still on the site, with the "future new gnr track, comeback bla bla.." i guess it would not be delayed for a long time..
But Mysteron says he knows nothing about the release date. So why should we just trust he`s analyzing Mercks Quote.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5141 on: December 04, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »

Jarmo you clearly know something we dont!!

Fact is time is running out and how could blame us for losing faith... its december and still no album!!!!

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #5142 on: December 04, 2006, 05:10:30 PM »

Jarmo has said numerous times that no, no he doesn't know anything you don't.

Give up.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #5143 on: December 04, 2006, 05:11:10 PM »

You are right, some people would still bitch about something, but it might surprise you as to how many of us would actually not bitch. We just want to know the status of the album, thats all.

You don't need a press release for that.

The status is: not scheduled for release*.

* = until the band says so in a press release.

HMV does not equal the band.? hihi

/jarmo

So if CD has an official status of "not scheduled for release" at this date. ?I can take that you are confirming that it will not be released this year? ?
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5144 on: December 04, 2006, 05:12:57 PM »

You are right, some people would still bitch about something, but it might surprise you as to how many of us would actually not bitch. We just want to know the status of the album, thats all.

/jarmo

So if CD has an official status of "not scheduled for release" at this date. ?I can take that you are confirming that it will not be released this year? ?

I guess we can assume that.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5145 on: December 04, 2006, 05:13:40 PM »

I would think it to be related to the fact that you seemed to ignore the essence of my question, which I feel came across very clearly. If it wasn't aimed at me, why was it then put under my quote? I don't know how else to take it then. That's what quotes are for right?

It doesn't really matter anyway. I'm not into arguing semantics. There were alot of other questions I posed, but if you don't want to answer them I have no need for further bickering.

I don't think this year is anywhere close to 2003, 2004 or 2005 for that matter.

If you think it is, then I feel sorry for you.

Then you focus too much on the album's release in my opinion.

I for one am happy to have been able to enjoy the band live in concert. And meet fellow fans from all over the world.

Both Axl and Merck have said that the album will be out this year, on more than one occasion. I know you say the band doesnt owe us anything but dont you believe if its not coming out that they at least owe us an explanation why??

The way I see it, is that they'll tell us everything they feel we need to know, when they are ready to do so.

If the album isn't out in 2006, then I don't know if it would be a great idea to put out just a "sorry, but it won't be out in 2006" press release.

Then I guess the explanation could be saved for the actual release announcement ("we were originally hoping to release this album in..... but unfortunately plans changed because......") or an interview/article.

Fact is time is running out and how could blame us for losing faith... its december and still no album!!!!

No I don't. I just don't take this album release so "seriously".

If it's out tomorrow or later this month, awesome! If it's not, well, too bad.

Simply because there's other stuff that are happening....

So if CD has an official status of "not scheduled for release" at this date.  I can take that you are confirming that it will not be released this year? 

No.

All I'm saying that since there hasn't been a press release announcing the album's release as of now, I figure it's not scheduled for release right now.

Obviously that could change at any time.

You need to remember that the news will come from the band, not some retailer. The band hasn't said the date yet.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:15:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5146 on: December 04, 2006, 05:13:49 PM »

Alot of us were around in 2003. I remember those days, it was pretty much like it is now, only less intense. When will they announce it?, There's a new rumour etc. There was alot of complaining then too, and so it should be given the circumstances in early 03, but still it wasn't as bad as now. And now we have a successfull tour! It's not about that. It's about GN'R starting to open up earlier this year. Telling us the album would be out, giving interviews, appearing on VMAs. All the normal stuff that bands do. But then suddenly come late October the behaviour changed. Requesting that you take down links to various articles etc. Not mentioning the album anymore. No talking about new songs in concert.

Forget all the great things that has happened earlier this year, they were great and will remain great, it's what's happening now that matters. And what's happening now is radically different from earlier this year. We simply want to know why, cause to most of us it indicates that something bad happened, and we will continue to believe that unless we get some reassurance.

EXACTLY! ?Great post. ?"Something changed" indeed... especially since all the whiteout that was applied to this MSG board in October. ?Something was fishy and we wanted to know why.
vernset
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5147 on: December 04, 2006, 05:15:09 PM »

/jarmo

No. It only means that there is no date scheduled yet. But why I want to know is where is this "not scheduled for release" status comes from. Th only status I know is the album is coming this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqKKo8QEqaU

Has something happened after this for us to learn that the status has changed from Axl's "its this year" to Jarmo's "not scheduled for release"

Just asking, guys... I don't read every single post on this board...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5148 on: December 04, 2006, 05:17:46 PM »

Mysteron claimed that was sarcasm, and since that scenario is a bit far fetched I'm sticking to what he said. The HD ad clearly indicates that there was supposed to be promotion.
promotion and announcement are not quite the same thing. You don't announce a release date after you release something but you can promote it afterwards as well as beforehand.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5149 on: December 04, 2006, 05:18:43 PM »

You read too much into what I said.

This is exactly why I don't speculate on the release date.

A simple comment about the fact that the band hasn't issued a press release with the album's release date in it, suddenly means I have "confirmed" something.....

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5150 on: December 04, 2006, 05:21:51 PM »

For all you guys bitching about GNR not talking to us.  Did you ever think that maybe they don't feel like they need to respond to "us" because what they initially said about the album coming out this year is in fact true?  If it is coming out this year, I don't think they need to respond to us every week, do you?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #5151 on: December 04, 2006, 05:23:21 PM »

For all you guys bitching about GNR not talking to us.? Did you ever think that maybe they don't feel like they need to respond to "us" because what they initially said about the album coming out this year is in fact true?? If it is coming out this year, I don't think they need to respond to us every week, do you?

Agreed, they don't have to tell us every week. It is Dec 4th today and that is kinda scary though in hoping for a 06' release

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5152 on: December 04, 2006, 05:26:16 PM »

this whole thread started to get ridiculous a long time ago.....no new info but we have 10 new pages a day! Personally I have the feeling that the mood is skipping and that we slowly but surely have to prepare ourselves for a possible release next year.

As long as the discussion about being "true fans" is concerned....This whole discussion is BS! If we weren`t fans then we would not be around anymore after all these years. Of course there are some people here who are never satisfied with anything but most of us are the die hards...we are still around...we bought the tickets for cancelled shows in the past years; we made travel arrangements; we check the internet and htgth everyday just with faint glimmer of hope!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5153 on: December 04, 2006, 05:28:48 PM »

whatever day by day it's getting closer.

Sure. your ip.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5154 on: December 04, 2006, 05:30:23 PM »

It's coming out this year.  End of bitching!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #5155 on: December 04, 2006, 05:31:24 PM »

It's coming out this year.? End of bitching!

It sure is  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #5156 on: December 04, 2006, 05:31:47 PM »

If the album isn't out in 2006, then I don't know if it would be a great idea to put out just a "sorry, but it won't be out in 2006" press release.
/jarmo

Agreed 100%.
But if this does happen, then I take it you would still stick to your word and say in here something like " this was not very cool of gn'r".
 Tongue

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5157 on: December 04, 2006, 05:36:56 PM »

Then I guess the explanation could be saved for the actual release announcement ("we were originally hoping to release this album in..... but unfortunately plans changed because......") or an interview/article.

/jarmo

See it worries me you think it would be acceptable to let 2006 ring out with zero news.

It would be incredibly unfair on the fans to just ignore us until 2007 when they said 2006. That realy worries me that you even consider that a possibility!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:39:28 PM by kriss_boy » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5158 on: December 04, 2006, 05:40:15 PM »

See it worries me you think it would be acceptable to let 2006 ring out with zero notice.

I would be incredibly unfair on the fans to just ignore us until 2007 when they said 2006. That realyl worries me that you even consider that a possibility!

I consider all the possibilities.  Tongue

I'm old enough to understand that not everything goes the way you want them in life. So most things are "acceptable" because it doesn't really help to keep looking back and whining when things don't go your way.

/jarmo

thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #5159 on: December 04, 2006, 05:41:24 PM »

so we get 4 (or so) explanations? like: sorry, we didn't put it out in June 2001 (interview, feb.01 in chile), because... and we didn't put it out in fall 2006 (different locations) because... and so on...

that would be a little f#*k up, wouldn't it?

off-topic: this ist the first time during the wait, that i'm really disappointed. ok, i've seen them live, we had the demos... but the holy grail is still missing.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: