Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 05:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228568 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 656198 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5120 on: December 04, 2006, 04:40:51 PM »

You are right, some people would still bitch about something, but it might surprise you as to how many of us would actually not bitch. We just want to know the status of the album, thats all.

You don't need a press release for that.

The status is: not scheduled for release*.

* = until the band says so in a press release.

HMV does not equal the band.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5121 on: December 04, 2006, 04:41:01 PM »

Jarmo, no offence but that was a bit of a strange comment, if a press release was issued with a date (this year or early 07) i'm sure everyone would be thrilled...considering they stuck to that release plan

Yea, most of us would be thrilled with a press release stating the release date!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5122 on: December 04, 2006, 04:42:04 PM »

Alot of us were around in 2003. I remember those days, it was pretty much like it is now, only less intense.

Wow, how fast you forget.

2003: 0 live shows, 1 new leaked track
2006: 2 full tours in Europe and North America, 4 leaked tracks, band is active, numerous press releases, Axl appreances

I'm talking about the mood on the boards. You think I'm an idiot?

No, but you think people are stupid (that's his custom signature).

Go figure.

Go figure what? You don't have any idea what the story behind that quote is, so please show me the proper respect. If you'd read the whole of my post you would easily have understood what I'm talking about. Please feel free to disagree, but atleast adress the proper subject. Do you see any negative karma under my avatar? Do you see me breaking rules and starting bullshit? No, you see me for the most part respecting other people and talking to them in a serious way, so don't go around acting like I think people are stupid, and that I don't respect the band/board/you or whatever. I've been here since 2001, so atleast show me some respect or don't answer me at all.

Somebody was complaining about the lack of communication. That's why I mentioned 2003 in the first place....? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Yeah, well, that one wasn't me, so please try and not direct it at me.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5123 on: December 04, 2006, 04:42:21 PM »

All we're asking for is either A) To know if the cd is still coming out in 2006 or B ) A timeframe for when it may be released ?or C ) A definate release date.
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5124 on: December 04, 2006, 04:45:47 PM »

You don't need a press release for that.

The status is: not scheduled for release*.

* = until the band says so in a press release.

HMV does not equal the band.? hihi

/jarmo

What part of axl and merk's statements saying it's coming out this year did you not understand? How can you say that? I thought you were a more intelligent and honest person than that. Think for yourself jarmo, you should be asking merk to take a look at all of the people asking for some info and see if he can do something instead of following blindly. That is the way to support a band, to try to make the band's image with it's fans better, not worse.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5125 on: December 04, 2006, 04:51:17 PM »

You answered my post with your own 2003 comparisons.

I never said it was aimed at you in the first place....

Show you proper respect? You're the one attacking me for "thinking you're an idiot". What the fuck was that about....

All we're asking for is either A) To know if the cd is still coming out in 2006 or B ) A timeframe for when it may be released  or C ) A definate release date.

Take a break, come back on New Year's Day and you'll have a question for A.

It's only four weeks.  ok

What part of axl and merk's statements saying it's coming out this year did you not understand?

Are you calling me stupid?  Tongue

Unless there's an actual date, then I don't consider it a release date.

Maybe you do, I certainly don't.

Maybe I'm picky, but I'd like a date to be able to know when I can enjoy listening the album in question. Not just a year...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5126 on: December 04, 2006, 04:53:59 PM »

Whether you believe in 2006 or not, I'm fairly certain no one here is in any way responsible for the album's release...so the bickering seems a bit much.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #5127 on: December 04, 2006, 04:54:46 PM »

All we're asking for is either A) To know if the cd is still coming out in 2006 or B ) A timeframe for when it may be released  or C ) A definate release date.

You got an answer to A from Axl before the Hammerstein shows, he sounded pretty sure of himself and they wouldnt have postponed the tour for a week to go back into the studio unless they were pushing for a specific date that was in the near future! Axl has said 2006, Mercks comments so far have indicated 2006 and he has hinted that it might just show up in stores..... which is certainly possible! Dont give me this shit that "music stores have to be told that its coming out" they dont, Universal, the biggest music corporation on the planet can very easily just put this thing on trucks and have it turn up a couple of days before or the morning of release.

Look at the facts. They are playing three dates at the UNIVERSAL ampithetre in LA, the first being on a Sunday, they then have a day of on Monday the 18th which is when the album would come out in Europe, that could be used for major radio interviews by phone or whatever in European countries, taking into account the time differences of course. Then they play again on Tuesday the 19th, the day albums are released in the US, then another show the next day on the 20th.

If nothing happens that week then call 2006 a write off, until then go with what Axl and Merck have said, that 2006 is indeed the date. Leave Mysteron and Jarmo alone, go do your Christmas shopping or something!

Jonx
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5128 on: December 04, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »

Show you proper respect? You're the one attacking me for "thinking you're an idiot". What the fuck was that about....

I would think it to be related to the fact that you seemed to ignore the essence of my question, which I feel came across very clearly. If it wasn't aimed at me, why was it then put under my quote? I don't know how else to take it then. That's what quotes are for right?

It doesn't really matter anyway. I'm not into arguing semantics. There were alot of other questions I posed, but if you don't want to answer them I have no need for further bickering.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:57:19 PM by polluxlm » Logged

ben9785
« Reply #5129 on: December 04, 2006, 04:57:00 PM »

Jarmo, I understand what you're saying about how they never announced a release date etc, but the thing is Axl and Merck said it would come out by the end of 2006, that's not a release date but it is a timeframe, and people are only questioning it because they don't tell us anything, they won't even tell us in a simple sentence whether YES or NO it's coming out in 2006. I know there are going to be people as you say who will still comment and complain and whinge about the release date or whatever issues around it, but those are just fuckups, for the most part i know alot of people would be happy, that's all we ask for, just an answer

I hope that was reasonable
muresan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5130 on: December 04, 2006, 04:57:34 PM »

If Axl had just said "soon is not the word" or even "2015 at the earliest," I would have been fine with that. I admire and respect his artistic integrity, and his desire for perfection. That's one of my favorite things about him and GNR.

But he said it would be out, in no uncertain terms. And that press release was almost arrogant in its statement that it would be out this year.

At the same time, I have to admit that part of the tension for me is that Axl could mess the album up. We've already heard two songs (IRS and Better) that are finished, and can only be made worse by tweaking. And replacing Buckethead's solo in TWAT would be a terrible mistake. Likewise, the idea of re-recording Bucket's parts is a bad one.

The three best songs of this year were GNR leaks. The album's ready. Put it out.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #5131 on: December 04, 2006, 04:59:21 PM »

What i think is interesting, is Mercks quote, "you might just walk into a recordstore and find the CD there.." Could this actually be happening? Was he joking, or is this a quote we have been overanalyzing as a joke.. ?There still are some Weeks left of 2006. I guess there would be a leak, but not if they are holding tight to the plan..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5132 on: December 04, 2006, 05:00:17 PM »

Jarmo, I understand what you're saying about how they never announced a release date etc, but the thing is Axl and Merck said it would come out by the end of 2006, that's not a release date but it is a timeframe, and people are only questioning it because they don't tell us anything, they won't even tell us in a simple sentence whether YES or NO it's coming out in 2006. I know there are going to be people as you say who will still comment and complain and whinge about the release date or whatever issues around it, but those are just fuckups, for the most part i know alot of people would be happy, that's all we ask for, just an answer

I hope that was reasonable

They shouldn't have to say "YES" to 2006, since they already said 2006.  If it's delayed, I'd like to know.  But I'm assuming 2006 until I hear otherwise.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5133 on: December 04, 2006, 05:00:56 PM »

Jarmo, just one serious question.

Both Axl and Merck have said that the album will be out this year, on more than one occasion. I know you say the band doesnt owe us anything but dont you believe if its not coming out that they at least owe us an explanation why?? I mean to tell your dedicated fans over and over again that the album will be out this year, and then the year ends and they havent said anything else about it, do you not think thats a shitty thing to do to the fans?? I mean if it doesnt come out and we hear nothing about it cant you see why people will be more than a little upset??

Now there is still a month left, so they still have time to release a statement so im just going to wait and see, but you cant tell me people dont have a right to be a little mad if they basically lie to us and not even mention something they gave their word about. I know you support GNR and I have never seen you say anything negative about them, but you have to admit that would be pretty shitty if this happens.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5134 on: December 04, 2006, 05:01:04 PM »

What i think is interesting, is Mercks quote, "you might just walk into a recordstore and find the CD there.." Could this actually be happening? Was he joking, or is this a quote we have been overanalyzing as a joke.. ?There still are some Weeks left of 2006. I guess there would be a leak, but not if they are holding tight to the plan..

Mysteron claimed that was sarcasm, and since that scenario is a bit far fetched I'm sticking to what he said. The HD ad clearly indicates that there was supposed to be promotion.

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #5135 on: December 04, 2006, 05:01:15 PM »

What i think is interesting, is Mercks quote, "you might just walk into a recordstore and find the CD there.." Could this actually be happening? Was he joking, or is this a quote we have been overanalyzing as a joke..  There still are some Weeks left of 2006. I guess there would be a leak, but not if they are holding tight to the plan..

He was probably being sarcastic, but there may be an element of truth in it, they can certainly just put it out! Axl isnt interested in charts, money or anything like that, he just wants to make the best album possible and put it out there!

Jonx
vernset
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5136 on: December 04, 2006, 05:01:28 PM »

All we're asking for is either A) To know if the cd is still coming out in 2006 or B ) A timeframe for when it may be released? or C ) A definate release date.

Take a break, come back on New Year's Day and you'll have a question for A.

It's only four weeks.? ok

What part of axl and merk's statements saying it's coming out this year did you not understand?

Are you calling me stupid?? Tongue

Unless there's an actual date, then I don't consider it a release date.

Maybe you do, I certainly don't.

Maybe I'm picky, but I'd like a date to be able to know when I can enjoy listening the album in question. Not just a year...

/jarmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqKKo8QEqaU

it is this year.

For me unless ?a press release appears saying the opposite, thats a valid source, Axl himself.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5137 on: December 04, 2006, 05:03:44 PM »

Now I'm even getting a bit upset, are we back peddling now saying now mercks commenst meant nothing or axl saying it will be released means nothing.

Yes the year does matter when they say only 14 tuesday left or axl saying fall late fall.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #5138 on: December 04, 2006, 05:04:21 PM »

Wow this is getting a bit crazy lol everyone take two deep breathes Cheesy

LOL, indeed. Ultimately, we all just want to know what's up!

*...without having the obligatory "have a little patience" ploy thrown into the ring.

That said, the fact that they are playing three shows at Universal is most interesting.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:06:22 PM by Risico » Logged

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5139 on: December 04, 2006, 05:06:45 PM »

All we're asking for is either A) To know if the cd is still coming out in 2006 or B ) A timeframe for when it may be released? or C ) A definate release date.

You got an answer to A from Axl before the Hammerstein shows, he sounded pretty sure of himself and they wouldnt have postponed the tour for a week to go back into the studio unless they were pushing for a specific date that was in the near future! Axl has said 2006, Mercks comments so far have indicated 2006 and he has hinted that it might just show up in stores..... which is certainly possible! Dont give me this shit that "music stores have to be told that its coming out" they dont, Universal, the biggest music corporation on the planet can very easily just put this thing on trucks and have it turn up a couple of days before or the morning of release.

Look at the facts. They are playing three dates at the UNIVERSAL ampithetre in LA, the first being on a Sunday, they then have a day of on Monday the 18th which is when the album would come out in Europe, that could be used for major radio interviews by phone or whatever in European countries, taking into account the time differences of course. Then they play again on Tuesday the 19th, the day albums are released in the US, then another show the next day on the 20th.

If nothing happens that week then call 2006 a write off, until then go with what Axl and Merck have said, that 2006 is indeed the date. Leave Mysteron and Jarmo alone, go do your Christmas shopping or something!

Jonx

Yeah, the Hammerstein shows were back in May. That's why i put the word STILL in that sentence.

Do you really think that if the cd had been manufactured we wouldn't hear something about it?

I'm not saying that it's not possible to get the cd out this year, but it's really doubtful. Especially when Universal reps say they know nothing about a 2006 release for it. Merck can say " Nobody from Universal has talked to anyone" all he wants. I call bullshit on that. Universal has TONS of reps, do you honestly think that Merck can keep tabs on what EVERY SINGLE Universal rep talks about and who they talk about it with? C'mon.

I also thought that Mysteron had confirmed that Merck's comment about the record just showing up in stores was sarcasm.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: