Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 07:25:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228568 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 656399 times)
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5100 on: December 04, 2006, 04:13:44 PM »

Maybe I'm out in left field here, but they could promise us the album in 2010 and tour every year up until then and I would go to EVERY show that came to my area and buy merchandise at every show I attend. ?All of that stuff should be irrelevent, but to each their own...
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5101 on: December 04, 2006, 04:15:22 PM »

Another tough day on the board.

I still have hope, without hope we have nothing.

I have some question for mysteron.

Are we to assume that Axls comments and merks comments regarding 2006 is the year and only 14 tuesday left, Is still true since we have not been told otherwise?

If the answer to the first question is yes, then what does your previous statement about this not being a suprise release mean? ?

If the answer to the first question is yes and your statement about this not being a suprise release still remains then that must mean we will know something pretty soon. ?peace

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5102 on: December 04, 2006, 04:16:20 PM »

The majority of fans seem to be whining about the lack of communication,

Those fans should've been around in 2003!

We've gotten a bunch of announcements from the band this year. We have somebody working with the band posting here occasionally, and yet you mention "lack of communication"?

Just say what it really is about. You want to know the release date.

Every time somebody has mentioned the album's release, and then it turned out things didn't happen, that person has been labeled a liar by you guys. And you wonder why they dont speak about these things.....

They could put out a press release tomorrow with explanations and a release date, but it wouldn't be good enough. Some of you would still attack them because you'll find something to complain about. That's how it works.

But you seem to forget one important thing. This band has never been about what you or the record company want, has it?

I certainly didn't go see this band live in concert because there's an album on the way.

I buy a concert ticket so I can see the band perform live.

It's like buying a movie ticket because you heard there's a soundtrack album coming.

/jarmo

I'm not kissing ass, but thats my point EXACTLY. ?By not going to see GNR in concert or buying a tshirt, you're not hurting GNR, your only hurting yourself...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5103 on: December 04, 2006, 04:17:03 PM »

Mysteron isn't responsible for the album so don't take it on that dude / dudette ( sorry sir or maam i don't know what you are and if you are a tran well then i don't even know what to say)

You know right now on some other forum, someone's running with the whole Mysteron tranny thing...and what that means for the album! rofl
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:19:55 PM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

I've been around for a long, long year

« Reply #5104 on: December 04, 2006, 04:18:21 PM »

They could put out a press release tomorrow with explanations and a release date, but it wouldn't be good enough.

Um... I'd be cool with that. Promise promise.

Huh??   I'd be straight with you but games are just so much fun to play.?   Huh??
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #5105 on: December 04, 2006, 04:21:20 PM »

Of course, this is "The CD release date rumor thread"...   hihi
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5106 on: December 04, 2006, 04:22:01 PM »

hey jarmo,

some of the fans cannot attend concerts like you certainly have , and all they want is a music disk to physically hang onto
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #5107 on: December 04, 2006, 04:22:48 PM »

They could put out a press release tomorrow with explanations and a release date, but it wouldn't be good enough.

Um... I'd be cool with that. Promise promise.

I, too, would be cool with that.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #5108 on: December 04, 2006, 04:24:10 PM »

Mysteron isn't responsible for the album so don't take it on that dude / dudette ( sorry sir or maam i don't know what you are and if you are a tran well then i don't even know what to say)

You know right now on some other forum, someone's running with the whole Mysteron tranny thing...and what that means for the album! rofl

haha i hope not but its like i don't know ya know... haha

sorry mysteron.

dude / dudette / or tran it doesn't matter i respect your opinion.

anyway back on topic, since this is the "rumour" thread i will guess decemeber 19th if thats a tuesday.

Fuck All Y'all
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5109 on: December 04, 2006, 04:24:21 PM »

The majority of fans seem to be whining about the lack of communication,

Those fans should've been around in 2003!

We've gotten a bunch of announcements from the band this year. We have somebody working with the band posting here occasionally, and yet you mention "lack of communication"?

Every time somebody has mentioned the album's release, and then it turned out things didn't happen, that person has been labeled a liar by you guys. And you wonder why they dont speak about these things.....

They could put out a press release tomorrow with explanations and a release date, but it wouldn't be good enough. Some of you would still attack them because you'll find something to complain about. That's how it works.

But you seem to forget one important thing. This band has never been about what you or the record company want, has it?

I certainly didn't go see this band live in concert because there's an album on the way.

I buy a concert ticket so I can see the band perform live.

It's like buying a movie ticket because you heard there's a soundtrack album coming.

/jarmo

Alot of us were around in 2003. I remember those days, it was pretty much like it is now, only less intense. When will they announce it?, There's a new rumour etc. There was alot of complaining then too, and so it should be given the circumstances in early 03, but still it wasn't as bad as now. And now we have a successfull tour! It's not about that. It's about GN'R starting to open up earlier this year. Telling us the album would be out, giving interviews, appearing on VMAs. All the normal stuff that bands do. But then suddenly come late October the behaviour changed. Requesting that you take down links to various articles etc. Not mentioning the album anymore. No talking about new songs in concert.

Forget all the great things that has happened earlier this year, they were great and will remain great, it's what's happening now that matters. And what's happening now is radically different from earlier this year. We simply want to know why, cause to most of us it indicates that something bad happened, and we will continue to believe that unless we get some reassurance.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5110 on: December 04, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »

Jarmo, no offence but that was a bit of a strange comment, if a press release was issued with a date (this year or early 07) i'm sure everyone would be thrilled...considering they stuck to that release plan

I think his point was probably that a significant portion of us would have the "See, it wasn't 2006! Fuck you Axl!" reaction.  Hey, I'll take early '07 over anytime thereafter, though I'm still hopeful for the next few weeks.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5111 on: December 04, 2006, 04:30:13 PM »

Jarmo, no offence but that was a bit of a strange comment, if a press release was issued with a date (this year or early 07) i'm sure everyone would be thrilled...considering they stuck to that release plan

I think his point was probably that a significant portion of us would have the "See, it wasn't 2006! Fuck you Axl!" reaction.? Hey, I'll take early '07 over anytime thereafter, though I'm still hopeful for the next few weeks.

There sure would be, but I think the majority of us would be so thrilled to finally have a set date that those haters would be drowned and scared away pretty fast.

I don't think that would be a problem. The joy of having a date far surpass the disappointment of not having it this year.

Bit_Obscene
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5112 on: December 04, 2006, 04:31:10 PM »

Well, if it isn't 2006, some people will be pissed off no matter what, but I'm betting the majority would be pacified if an actual date was given for 2007. That's all a lot of people have been asking for these last few weeks.

Regards 2003, I'm sure a lot of us can remember even further back than that. I remember waiting for UYI, we may not have waited as long as we're waiting for CD, but it still felt like a hell of a long time back then  Grin
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:32:41 PM by Bit_Obscene » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5113 on: December 04, 2006, 04:32:47 PM »

Alot of us were around in 2003. I remember those days, it was pretty much like it is now, only less intense.

Wow, how fast you forget.

2003: 0 live shows, 1 new leaked track
2006: 2 full tours in Europe and North America, 4 leaked tracks, band is active, numerous press releases, Axl appreances

hey jarmo,

some of the fans cannot attend concerts like you certainly have , and all they want is a music disk to physically hang onto

The question was about being "fooled" into buying a concert ticket because there's an album coming out. You bought a ticket and saw the show (if you didn't, you got a refund). You didn't pay for a copy of the album.

Still, I'm sure those fans can see the difference between a non-active band and an active one. Maybe even appreciate that and be excited.

Nah, the release date would be wrong because somebody else was releasing an album that day.

Remember when people were complaining about the rumored release date because Jay-Z was gonna put out his album on that same day?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:34:34 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #5114 on: December 04, 2006, 04:33:24 PM »

lol will it be tomorrow? will it be next week?? damn I?m really tired of this... time passes and nothing happens... at least they could do a press release or something.. this is pure torture  Roll Eyes

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5115 on: December 04, 2006, 04:34:09 PM »

Alot of us were around in 2003. I remember those days, it was pretty much like it is now, only less intense.

2006: 2 full tours in Europe and North America, 4 leaked tracks, band is active, numerous press releases, Axl appreances

I'm talking about the mood on the boards. You think I'm an idiot? Maybe if you read past those sentences you would've discovered it too.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5116 on: December 04, 2006, 04:35:53 PM »

I'm talking about the mood on the boards. You think I'm an idiot?

No, but you think people are stupid (that's his custom signature).

Go figure.

Somebody was complaining about the lack of communication. That's why I mentioned 2003 in the first place....  Roll Eyes

The mood on the board definitely isn't the same. A majority if the fans got to see the band play live for the first time (ever or for the first time in years).

The only people who have the same mood as they had in 2003 are the ones who don't care about the fact that the band is in fact active and touring.

Personally I'm way more excited about Gn'R today than I was three years ago. There's new shows almost every day. People get to experience what I got to experience in the last few months. It's cool.

But you're stuck in the same old pattern of "waiting".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:39:09 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5117 on: December 04, 2006, 04:37:30 PM »

You are right, some people would still bitch about something, but it might surprise you as to how many of us would actually not bitch. We just want to know the status of the album, thats all.

And one thing everyone should keep in mind. As long as people bitch, moan, complain, cry, whine..whatever word you want to choose for it, that means we still care about this band, and want to hear the new album. Once the complaining stops that will probably be the end of GNR, because people just wont give a shit anymore.
vernset
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5118 on: December 04, 2006, 04:39:29 PM »

Jarmo, with all my respects, but you gotta admit that saying that "yeah, definitely" the album is going to be released this year and the release not happening with NO explanation at all, would be a stupid movement from Axl and Merck

That said, its soon to whine about this, the year is not over yet ?peace , but if finally 2007 comes and we see no album and no explanation I'll be upset. (and obviously Axl won't give a fuck about it ?Grin , thank to god, cause that's the way Axl is. And its like a curse or something, cause I love it... ? love well, in the end we all love Axl for being the way he is... ?Grin ?but please Axl if there is no album give us some info instead!!!)
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #5119 on: December 04, 2006, 04:40:26 PM »

Press releases like "GNR smoke Minneapolis!" or "GNR Rocks Maine!" are hardly useful or enlightening.

Granted, the PR for Axl being sick was appreciated and well done. The incident regarding venue rules, well, the jury is still out on that one in regards to both sides of the story.

And that's pretty much all we've gotten as far as PR goes, aside from Merck shooting down various rumors without actually saying anything.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: