Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 07:32:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228568 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 656429 times)
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5080 on: December 04, 2006, 03:54:44 PM »

You've been waiting for the cd, but did you pay for it yet?

Seems like some of you feel like you're owed something.

I'd love to hear the cd as much as the next guy, but I don't feel like the band owes me something because I've been "waiting". It'll be out when it's done and they want us to hear it.

Whining isn't gonna get it out any quicker.

/jarmo

Actually in 2002 Sam Goody had Dec 3rd as the release date and took pre-orders. So, yeah, I have already paid for it.

Secondly, when you tell your fans MULTIPLE TIMES that a new cd is coming out, then yeah, you kinda put yourself in a position where you owe your fans what you promised to deliver. Seems pretty simple to me (and alot of the rest of the world).
Bit_Obscene
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5081 on: December 04, 2006, 03:55:01 PM »

The majority of fans seem to be whining about the lack of communication, not the absence of the album. If it got delayed, fine. If it's not ready because Axl feels like it needs more work, also fine, that's his choice as the artist. But saying taht it's coming out and then remaining silent when it's growing more apparent with each passing day that it isn't coming any time soon is what's pissing people off, especially because there's an ongoing tour and Axl has a chance to speak to fans several nights a week.

Fans aren't 'owed' anything by the Axl, but then, the fans don't owe Axl anything either, certainly not blinkered support for everything that he does.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #5082 on: December 04, 2006, 03:55:07 PM »

If you are a fan then be a fan

Huh

What does this even mean?  Never complaining, even when the complaints are legitimate?  Most of the people here have been big enough fans to still express interest after years of non-starts, failed tours, etc.  I dont think their level of fandom is in question.  They were assured by the band and its representation that an album would be out this year and now theres no signal of that happening.  If the album is still coming out this year, which looks very doubtful, the fans cant be blamed for thinking otherwise and all will be well withing weeks.  But if it doesnt come out, then perhaps its the band and its management that should think a bit more about what its saying, as well as what its not saying.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #5083 on: December 04, 2006, 03:55:40 PM »

I dont see the harm in alittle communication to the fans.. its just rude to tell your fans "yes its this year" and then the year just slowly passes by day by day...

and the fact that mysteron didnt give the usual "gnr will be active for a long time now, so the cd must be coming out soon" talk isnt that promising.. no
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #5084 on: December 04, 2006, 03:56:03 PM »

With all due respect to jarmo and mysteron for defending the band, the "issue" people are taking isn't limited to the mere fact that there's no word on the album -

It's simply the fact that they've used the album's name and the promise of it to lure people into paying money for a tour

A tour which is set to continue and a tour which is playing a good percentage of album
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #5085 on: December 04, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

I dont see the harm in alittle communication to the fans.. its just rude to tell your fans "yes its this year" and then the year just slowly passes by day by day...

and the fact that mysteron didnt give the usual "gnr will be active for a long time now, so the cd must be coming out soon" talk isnt that promising.. no

Same comment applies, don't worry
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #5086 on: December 04, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

With all due respect to jarmo and mysteron for defending the band, the "issue" people are taking isn't limited to the mere fact that there's no word on the album -

It's simply the fact that they've used the album's name and the promise of it to lure people into paying money for a tour - If it sees the light of day this year, as they've insisted it will, terrific - I'll be overjoyed.

But if it doesn't, then I'd say we have a right to feel like we're owed something after supporting this Chinese Democracy tour... again... based on the assurances of Axl and Merck.

I agree, ?if it seems like i am whining really i am not , i guess getting my post numbers up j/k mom!

Just stating look blah blah , whats going on, if its not out its not out, but i am going to be kind of dissappointed.

I do realize that 2006 is not done yet, however its like cramming for that big exam and expecting to do good. Don't know if ya can ya know?

Civil debate is all I am having, not this you are less of a fan thing or i don't think you = ?fan man business, i really don't want to have that type of thing.

It's kind of like that whole you are a communist, oh no i ain't biotch, oh yes you are, say what no way jose.. etc...

Fuck All Y'all
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #5087 on: December 04, 2006, 03:59:57 PM »

I'd love to hear the cd as much as the next guy, but I don't feel like the band owes me something because I've been "waiting". It'll be out when it's done and they want us to hear it.

/jarmo

p.s. Jimmer is awesome

I agree with what you are saying, however have never said that I am owed this album.

An explanation of why it was not released this year, would be nice however. A statement was made saying 14 Tuesdays left. So that is saying hey we are going to release it this year.

But yeah, also thanks for the compliment jarmo, you shouldn't have!

you already told me to F.O. once so you can tell me again, but a statment saying that there were 14 Tuesdays left in this year means only that (that there were 14 Tuesdays left at that moment). Nothing else ?Tongue. ?peace

No one promised anything to anyone... no one assured anyone about anything. I promise & assure us (do I? ?Shocked) that if CD is not out this year we will have a statment saying what we need to know about it.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5088 on: December 04, 2006, 04:00:02 PM »

It's simply the fact that they've used the album's name and the promise of it to lure people into paying money for a tour

A tour which is set to continue and a tour which is playing a good percentage of album

We all know this (well, most of us hihi), but we've had our 02, we've had previous promises. It's not like we don't want to have faith, it's just a little hard sometimes considering the history. And no talk indicates something, and it's certainly not a good indication. You and the band can tell us whatever you like about that, but unless we get some real news those feelings aren't going away. It's a natural product of the situation. You must see that too.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5089 on: December 04, 2006, 04:02:51 PM »

Look, I have no idea what is happening

All I can say is, think a bit more about what you are saying. If you are a fan then be a fan

We are angry because we are real fans. Most of us never expected or waited for anything untill axl and merk began saying that it's coming out this year, that is why we are angry. They could at least tell us what's going on. We stuck with them for so long we would be cool with waiting a few more months if they told us something like "we wanted to make a better album so it's coming out xx/xx/2007, then most of us including myself would be very happy. The lack of info and pretending nothing is wrong while touring for the second time for an album that is not out that was promised for 2006 is what made most of us angry. If we were not real fans we wouldn't give a shit if the album comes out this year or never. It's because we were looking so forward to it and they told us it was coming that got us angry. I think you understant this don't you?
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #5090 on: December 04, 2006, 04:03:09 PM »

/jarmo

?It's pretty obvious the major issue at hand is not whether the people on this board and the general fans are OWED something.
 ?
 ?The issue that keeps being mentioned and ignored by the moderators is that in light of the new OPEN attitude/discourse towards/with ?the fans that GNR and Axl have had in the past months, the fans EXPECT, in return, an update on CD.

?It's absurd to claim that we're all being needy and whiny (I'm ignoring the blatant hate-posts of others).

?Management issues press releases about any negative events (EODM, Portland's cancellation), to the point of ADRESSING internet-rumours (Del James' article, Beta's posts here). Yet when it comes down to placating fans about CD, we're left in the dark.
 ?
 ?I mean, let's be honest here...it's somehow understandeable for GNR to dispell rumours from internet sites, to tell the 'whiners' to either get on board, or fuck off, but somehow, there should be no mention of CD.
 ?Where should be get on board? The concert-badwagon? All of us have (myself included), and will continue to do so.
  Other than that 'bandwagon' i don't see where else we can go. Promote the concerts? Fine. Promote GNR? Sure, but only for the concerts, so far, any support for CD should not be expected from the fans I think.
 ?
 ?But don't go on telling us that we have no right to EXPECT (read: we're not OWED anything...it's common courtesy we're asking for) some news regarding CD?

?And in all honesty, you think if management would break the silence with any sort of hints, the negativity that's been around here for the past couple of weeks will INCREASE or stay the same?

?Come on...give US some credibility please...
 ?
 ?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:05:52 PM by muffinass » Logged

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #5091 on: December 04, 2006, 04:03:15 PM »

We all know this (well, most of us hihi), but we've had our 02, we've had previous promises. It's not like we don't want to have faith, it's just a little hard sometimes considering the history. And no talk indicates something, and it's certainly not a good indication. You and the band can tell us whatever you like about that, but unless we get some real news those feelings aren't going away. It's a natural product of the situation. You must see that too.

If the right people were sick of what was going on. They would have ended it by now and would have told the world. Apparently this is what the madness on both side thrives from.
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5092 on: December 04, 2006, 04:04:02 PM »

People who feel that they are owed an explanation if Chinese Democracy is delayed, have every right. ?But before you come on here and let it hit the fan, I think that we owe it to GNR this time around to wait and see what happens. ?The tour is still going strong, and aside from a couple of cancellations, they've given us the best year that we've had in a decade.

So does Axl owe us an explanation if CD is delayed? ?Sure, and I'm if it is delayed, this time around I'm sure we'll hear an explanation as soon as they see fit. ?I think we at least owe that much to Axl and GNR. ?I'm sure some people on here will see things alittle differently, but thats my view on things.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #5093 on: December 04, 2006, 04:04:32 PM »

Jesus. We are owed an album, as are Universal! Because we were promised one!

And what the fuck does "be a fan" or whatever mysteron said actually mean?! Dont tell me what it means to be a fan, im quite capable of comin to my own coclusion bout that, thanks!

Peace out and blame W. Axl Rose!!! ?rant

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

I've been around for a long, long year

« Reply #5094 on: December 04, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »

Sure. But some of those fans feel like the band owes them something.

Some of those fans will never be happy with anything the band does.

/jarmo

Ok, when I said what I did about giving more money I was referring to tour tickets and merchandise.

Silence does not generate support for a band. The revolving door on these boards will ensure that new fans continue to put in their time 'waiting', but older fans ARE being alienated. Please don't assume that everyone here who voices opinions contrary to your own no longer love Guns N' Roses' music. Yes, we appreciate what you've created in HTGTH, but realize that our presence on this message board is by choice only.

The notion that we should be told to 'shut up or leave' is appaling.

Huh??   I'd be straight with you but games are just so much fun to play.?   Huh??
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

« Reply #5095 on: December 04, 2006, 04:05:42 PM »

/jarmo

p.s. Jimmer is awesome

I agree with what you are saying, however have never said that I am owed this album.

An explanation of why it was not released this year, would be nice however. A statement was made saying 14 Tuesdays left. So that is saying hey we are going to release it this year.

But yeah, also thanks for the compliment jarmo, you shouldn't have!

you already told me to F.O. once so you can tell me again, but a statment saying that there were 14 Tuesdays left in this year means only that (that there were 14 Tuesdays left at that moment). Nothing else ?Tongue. ?peace

No one promised anything to anyone... no one assured anyone about anything. I promise & assure us (do I? ?Shocked) that if CD is not out this year we will have a statment saying what we need to know about it.

I believe the f/o was based on you thinking I don't know that much about pr with the nice ?Roll Eyes

So I am sorry for telling you to fuck off, I just did not take the eye rolling that nicely.

Well in my defense Mr. Rose stated on MTV VMAS 2006 (backstage), Eddie Trunk, that press thing that it would be out this year and at that party with Korn (sorry the album sucked that is the korn album).

- jimmer

negative karma? you decide!  hihi

Fuck All Y'all
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #5096 on: December 04, 2006, 04:07:34 PM »

Sure. But some of those fans feel like the band owes them something.

Some of those fans will never be happy with anything the band does.

/jarmo

Ok, when I said what I did about giving more money I was referring to tour tickets and merchandise.

Silence does not generate support for a band. The revolving door on these boards will ensure that new fans continue to put in their time 'waiting', but older fans ARE being alienated. Please don't assume that everyone here who voices opinions contrary to your own no longer love Guns N' Roses' music. Yes, we appreciate what you've created in HTGTH, but realize that our presence on this message board is by choice only.

The notion that we should be told to 'shut up or leave' is appaling.

...and that's how you condense the main points into one succint post. Thanks! *the last line should be a sticky

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
anythinggoes
« Reply #5097 on: December 04, 2006, 04:07:48 PM »

/jarmo

bugger and all this time i thought these people had been making the progress faster ?Sad
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

« Reply #5098 on: December 04, 2006, 04:11:21 PM »

Don't blame Mysteron the guy works for someone in with information.

I see his point of view and I see everyones.

Mysteron isn't responsible for the album so don't take it on that dude / dudette ( sorry sir or maam i don't know what you are and if you are a tran well then i don't even know what to say)

But yeah I mean don't take it out on those guys or jarmo.

Well my hopes of ever moderating flushing down like niagra falls. hihi

Fuck All Y'all
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5099 on: December 04, 2006, 04:13:07 PM »

The majority of fans seem to be whining about the lack of communication,

Those fans should've been around in 2003!

We've gotten a bunch of announcements from the band this year. We have somebody working with the band posting here occasionally, and yet you mention "lack of communication"?

Just say what it really is about. You want to know the release date.

Every time somebody has mentioned the album's release, and then it turned out things didn't happen, that person has been labeled a liar by you guys. And you wonder why they dont speak about these things.....

They could put out a press release tomorrow with explanations and a release date, but it wouldn't be good enough. Some of you would still attack them because you'll find something to complain about. That's how it works.

But you seem to forget one important thing. This band has never been about what you or the record company want, has it?

I certainly didn't go see this band live in concert because there's an album on the way.

I buy a concert ticket so I can see the band perform live.

It's like buying a movie ticket because you heard there's a soundtrack album coming.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: