Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 11:25:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228570 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 656658 times)
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #5000 on: December 04, 2006, 12:49:47 PM »

So I think it is now FACT that this album won't be out this year.

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #5001 on: December 04, 2006, 12:50:06 PM »

" This song is from our new album, which we WILL finish, Godwilling "

Axl - 2001 -

5 years ago

Funny how Axl can read these boards about people bitching about set-lists, and feel the need to respond to THAT

But posting a simple informative message on your web-site regarding this album that he know's full well his loyal fans are looking forward to, - that appears to be too much

This is my only complaint, really  -Either completely keep quiet and tour or not - don't talk about the fan's opinions on setlists and then not even let us know anything regarding the album, or reasons why it's delayed again

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5002 on: December 04, 2006, 12:50:45 PM »

since they are touring anyways.. they should put something out.. why not release a cd with finished studio tracks of all the new songs they have played live, sailing, sway, studio version of the 06 nightrain.. and maybey one song we havent heard.. ?and just say its something to hold us over until CD is released.. like lies or TSI... if it bombs.. then it was just to "hold us over".. if it does well. then great.. they just bought themselves another 7 years to perfect CD. ?
Death Cube K
« Reply #5003 on: December 04, 2006, 12:52:16 PM »

Well, never really tour without an album to support it Smiley It's quite interesting to say the least that GNR have toured under an album that isnt out yet...from 2002 to 2006 (not counting the years inbetween)

Any other band actually done this before?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5004 on: December 04, 2006, 12:54:30 PM »

Don't wait then. Wait to wait for the album till you hear the exact date or you see it waiting for you at your record store.

It's December ALREADY. No-one releases albums without promoting or at least telling people about it.

I hear some people did so last year.

Bit_Obscene
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5005 on: December 04, 2006, 12:56:33 PM »

Don't wait then. Wait to wait for the album till you hear the exact date or you see it waiting for you at your record store.

It's December ALREADY. No-one releases albums without promoting or at least telling people about it.

Any idea who they were?
benchiefjr
« Reply #5006 on: December 04, 2006, 12:58:01 PM »

Hey Axl, there's a reason people were walking out on the concert Friday night...BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THE NEW SONGS!  RELEASE THE FUCKING CD FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!  rant

EDIT : I thought this was the year, I still think it is...but come on.  Undecided
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 01:00:29 PM by benchiefjr » Logged
Death Cube K
« Reply #5007 on: December 04, 2006, 12:58:06 PM »

Indie and garage bands doesnt count dude. GNR are big biz..theyre not a band made up of your sister, cousin and the die hard christian u met in gym class.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #5008 on: December 04, 2006, 01:02:55 PM »

You made an error,
Freedom78...the
"Better" for Harley

Was not the demo,
But the studio version.
"Twas fully produced.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5009 on: December 04, 2006, 01:17:20 PM »

Any idea who they were?

Limp biz..something...someone posted the story in this thread.
Yeah I like indie bands. ok

@ lucky

After listening to IRS, I expect a 'Chinese democracy'-killer, which is sharper and fresher than a "Led Zeppelin IV"-killer.   ok
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5010 on: December 04, 2006, 01:21:58 PM »

Pure nonsense and inane speculation from an amateur with too much time on his hands.? Nothing in that post makes any sense from either a business or legal perspective.

Care to elaborate on these legal and business points?

Sure, attend my seminar this Thursday in which I surgically dissect the smell of bullshit in painstaking detail.? You'll need to have completed the course prerequisite, "Common Sense".

A rough translation of your reply is "I dont want to explain myself for fear that i am found to be completely lacking in common sense and, indeed, any foundation for my arguments". Well, it is better to keep quiet and let people believe you are an idiot than speak up and dispell all doubt, ill give you that. Over to you, Perry Mason.

On a separate issue, some moderator(s...?) really dont like my posts do they?!

Ha. ?Blame yourself, not me, for believing crap. ?

And there you go again. i dont necasarily believe it, but you are claiming legal and business insight while not elaborating. instead of given me the benefit of your knowledge, you adopt the discursive skill of a toddler.

Take it easy, Champ. ?Maybe you oughtta stop talking for a while. ?Your irrational obsession to reveal my lack of "insight" is preventing you from realizing that you're advertising to everyone that you found "plausible" a clearly ridiculous 5th hand "insider" scoop on what's "really" happening. ?I just don't debate bullshit. ?Sorry. ?If it makes you feel better saying that I don't know what I'm talking about, that's fine with me. ? ok
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #5011 on: December 04, 2006, 01:29:19 PM »

rant The cyber rumble is intensifying  rant

Wonder how long it will be before we get Merck's "new information" statement?

Who thinks it will answer the questions we want to know?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #5012 on: December 04, 2006, 01:33:24 PM »

Pure nonsense and inane speculation from an amateur with too much time on his hands.? Nothing in that post makes any sense from either a business or legal perspective.

Care to elaborate on these legal and business points?

Sure, attend my seminar this Thursday in which I surgically dissect the smell of bullshit in painstaking detail.? You'll need to have completed the course prerequisite, "Common Sense".

A rough translation of your reply is "I dont want to explain myself for fear that i am found to be completely lacking in common sense and, indeed, any foundation for my arguments". Well, it is better to keep quiet and let people believe you are an idiot than speak up and dispell all doubt, ill give you that. Over to you, Perry Mason.

On a separate issue, some moderator(s...?) really dont like my posts do they?!

Ha. ?Blame yourself, not me, for believing crap. ?

And there you go again. i dont necasarily believe it, but you are claiming legal and business insight while not elaborating. instead of given me the benefit of your knowledge, you adopt the discursive skill of a toddler.

Take it easy, Champ. ?Maybe you oughtta stop talking for a while. ?Your irrational obsession to reveal my lack of "insight" is preventing you from realizing that you're advertising to everyone that you found "plausible" a clearly ridiculous 5th hand "insider" scoop on what's "really" happening. ?I just don't debate bullshit. ?Sorry. ?If it makes you feel better saying that I don't know what I'm talking about, that's fine with me. ? ok

Hey, your the 1 who decided to talk bout the legalities n stuff about which you clearly know nothing. and yes, i stand by my belief that a scenario similar to the one we're discussing is plausible. i woulda considered dropping them by now.

And by the by, you need to learn the meanings of the words obsession and irrational, as neither word applies in the context in which you use them in your previous post  Kiss
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 01:37:00 PM by AL1978 » Logged

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #5013 on: December 04, 2006, 01:43:08 PM »

After listening to IRS, I expect a 'Chinese democracy'-killer, which is sharper and fresher than a "Led Zeppelin IV"-killer.   ok

nah...
dont set the bar to high.
Ive learned that the hard way.
It's gonna be just an average album in the eyes of the wider public.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Death Cube K
« Reply #5014 on: December 04, 2006, 01:44:07 PM »

Making a little money if better than making nothing. Of course they will release it no matter how good or bad it is
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #5015 on: December 04, 2006, 01:47:09 PM »

I don't blame the doubters.? Most of us are doubters.? I have my doubts, too.? But bitching about it not coming in 2006 is ridiculous when it's STILL 2006!? If 2006 passes by without CD, then so be it...let the bitching commence!? ?

The problem isn't the release date, it's the constant teasing. Everytime Guns reemerges, we get vague statements about it coming ?soon? or we'll ?hear new music this year? or ?14 Tuesdays left? or ?It?s coming out in fall, or late fall.? Then nothing happens. That?s the shitty thing. If they said ?Hey, we don?t have an album, we many never have an album, but if we ever do, we?ll let you know.? I think fans would be more accepting. But instead it?s ?We have this album, we play it for our friends, they all say it blows their mind, we?re releasing it real soon ... Oh, what you wanted to buy it, nevermind, we don?t know when we?ll get it done. It?s not like the second coming, don?t hold your breath.?
That my friends is called jerking your fanbase around.
I?m sure there are reasons. They?ll probably never get explained. The questions go unanswered as long as the album isn?t released.

I totally agree man.

Just another bloated rock band...

Worst management and public relations ever.

I mean honestly I don't get why fans put up with this bullshit and that is what it is bullshit.

-- jimmy

Fuck All Y'all
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

« Reply #5016 on: December 04, 2006, 01:47:49 PM »

Yes, I know of the new rumor and I am already on board with saying "I hope it's not true, but the longer we go with no word on a CD release date, the more plausible this story becomes".

Sill 4 Tuesdays remaining ?nervous
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #5017 on: December 04, 2006, 01:49:57 PM »

Sure...  Roll Eyes. I am glad you have a clue!
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

« Reply #5018 on: December 04, 2006, 01:50:31 PM »

Wow - someone has a lot of time on their hands deleting all these posts.

Perhaps you should just shut the boards down and go on holiday until the album breaks. Oh wait, we might not ever speak again.
benchiefjr
« Reply #5019 on: December 04, 2006, 01:53:23 PM »

Sure...  Roll Eyes. I am glad you have a clue!
I've supported this band throughout.  It takes less than a clue to realize you don't have ANOTHER Chinese Democracy tour without a CD...its fucking ridiculous.  December 19th or bust!  rant
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: