Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 01:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228570 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 656795 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4980 on: December 04, 2006, 11:57:09 AM »

fear of what please? it's just an album. his life doesnt depend on it. he won't be shot if it doesnt succeed, and honestly i don't  care anymore wether it will be a huge success or not. i just wanna hear the fucking songs, and not watch the same setlists every fucking night.

if axl is afraid to put out an album, then the music business is definetely the wrong business for him

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4981 on: December 04, 2006, 12:00:57 PM »

well, the longer it takes for him to make the album, the lower my expectations are.
in 2000 I expected a "Led Zeppelin IV"-killer, in 2001, I still expected a "LZ IV" killer.
in 2002 I expected AFD killer, in 2005 I expected a UYI killer,... now I expect a "Green Day" killer...
please dont make me expect a U2 killer Sad

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #4982 on: December 04, 2006, 12:05:09 PM »

A rough translation of your reply is "I dont want to explain myself for fear that i am found to be completely lacking in common sense and, indeed, any foundation for my arguments". Well, it is better to keep quiet and let people believe you are an idiot than speak up and dispell all doubt, ill give you that. Over to you, Perry Mason.

On a separate issue, some moderator(s...?) really dont like my posts do they?!

All that being said...

I think I took care of the explanation of the "legal" issues JUST before George's post.

I hope you're not under the impression that my post was aimed at you pilferk! it seems not, but i just wanted to mention that ?beer

And i would tend to agree with your legal point. maybe the whole story of the story is untrue. i still believe that it is plausible tho, weather this conversation took place or not, much of the contents is plausible. altho god knows how universal could force a reunion!?

i have expressed similar sentiments about how universal (and band members) must be pissed off, in certain pointlessly deleted posts.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4983 on: December 04, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »

I truly don't understand why people are already complaining about it not coming out in 2006.  Shouldn't we wait until 2006 is proven wrong, before bitching about it?  If dinner's gonna be ready at 6, don't start bitching at 5:30 that the chef lied and dinner will never arrive! 

I'm also not completely convinced that it would leak really early, as we all expect.  For example, my brother-in-law works for the printing company that handles some of the printing for each new "Harry Potter" release.  They take exorbitant steps to keep any copies from getting out.  If those plots can be kept under wraps, so can Chinese Democracy.  With the technology available and a threat of being fired, not many would be willing to get on the net and say "Hey, we're pressing the new GNR!" 

Cynical bastards! ok

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4984 on: December 04, 2006, 12:06:27 PM »

Truthfully, we don't even know if Axl is afraid of releasing albums. He's released plenty. If anything, I think he has release stuff that never should have made it out there. With all the band changes over the years it's no surprise that it's taken so long. But now is the time, no more changes. Let it loose and see what happens.

Z
« Reply #4985 on: December 04, 2006, 12:08:08 PM »

fear of what please? it's just an album. his life doesnt depend on it. he won't be shot if it doesnt succeed, and honestly i don't? care anymore wether it will be a huge success or not. i just wanna hear the fucking songs, and not watch the same setlists every fucking night.

if axl is afraid to put out an album, then the music business is definetely the wrong business for him

Music the wrong business for W. Axl Rose?? ?The business is structured like everything else on this planet. ?It's about image. ?Axl has never marched in line as is expected. ?Music is where Axl was destined to be. ?The business itself has never agreed with him.

It's just an album you say?? ?It's way way more than that for Axl. ?It's the first defining moment in whether or not his "image" of GNR was "better" than that of the other founding members of the band.
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #4986 on: December 04, 2006, 12:08:49 PM »

I know each week im a little bit more disappointed...its sad the way they are treating fans like us, waiting for so long, supporting the band worldwide. If it wasnt for fans like us, people that support Axl Rose when all the others laugh just for hearing the name Chinese Democracy, there would be no more GnR today. And they give us nothing about an album tha THEY said it would be released this year...its not the fans that invented this years release, Axl and Merck were the ones who said it so if its not gonna be released all they have to do is be honest with the fans.

Well, I must be a little bit crazy cause I still believe the album will be out this year (18th maybe?)...but each week i have more doubts...

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #4987 on: December 04, 2006, 12:09:48 PM »

I truly don't understand why people are already complaining about it not coming out in 2006.  Shouldn't we wait until 2006 is proven wrong, before bitching about it?  If dinner's gonna be ready at 6, don't start bitching at 5:30 that the chef lied and dinner will never arrive!

I'm also not completely convinced that it would leak really early, as we all expect.  For example, my brother-in-law works for the printing company that handles some of the printing for each new "Harry Potter" release.  They take exorbitant steps to keep any copies from getting out.  If those plots can be kept under wraps, so can Chinese Democracy.  With the technology available and a threat of being fired, not many would be willing to get on the net and say "Hey, we're pressing the new GNR!"

Cynical bastards! ok

well this is not harry potter.
they need singles and promotion, and 3-4 weeks is not enough.
RHCP leaked, Metallica leaked, Harry Potter leaked (and they all gave release dates, and obeyed them)...

and this is not dinner either.

if you call the chef at 5.45 and he's not answering your calls...
you might think that you'll end up hungry after all.

I dont blame the people for doubting it.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #4988 on: December 04, 2006, 12:12:36 PM »

Hey, remember back
When this thread was about DATES
and RUMORS? Good times.

I guess it has changed
And is "Release strategies:
Like 'Nuh-uh!', 'Uh-Huh!!!'"

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #4989 on: December 04, 2006, 12:14:51 PM »

well here it is...
dec.5.
dec.12.
dec.19.
dec.26.

thread over...

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4990 on: December 04, 2006, 12:17:15 PM »

Pure nonsense and inane speculation from an amateur with too much time on his hands.? Nothing in that post makes any sense from either a business or legal perspective.

Care to elaborate on these legal and business points?

Sure, attend my seminar this Thursday in which I surgically dissect the smell of bullshit in painstaking detail.? You'll need to have completed the course prerequisite, "Common Sense".

A rough translation of your reply is "I dont want to explain myself for fear that i am found to be completely lacking in common sense and, indeed, any foundation for my arguments". Well, it is better to keep quiet and let people believe you are an idiot than speak up and dispell all doubt, ill give you that. Over to you, Perry Mason.

Ha. ?Blame yourself, not me, for believing crap. ?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4991 on: December 04, 2006, 12:23:24 PM »

well this is not harry potter.
they need singles and promotion, and 3-4 weeks is not enough.
RHCP leaked, Metallica leaked, Harry Potter leaked (and they all gave release dates, and obeyed them)...

and this is not dinner either.

if you call the chef at 5.45 and he's not answering your calls...
you might think that you'll end up hungry after all.

I dont blame the people for doubting it.

Ah, the typical "but this is different" response.  You're correct, of course.  The books are much more widely anticipated by the general public, than CD is, which is anticipated by the lunatics (myself included) who post on boards like these, and somewhat known about by the general public.  All I'm saying is that these factories can take big steps to stop things from getting out.  And, if it's not pressed in the US, Canada, or Europe, the info could be far easier to keep tight.  Hell, who wants to get fired!

I don't blame the doubters.  Most of us are doubters.  I have my doubts, too.  But bitching about it not coming in 2006 is ridiculous when it's STILL 2006!  If 2006 passes by without CD, then so be it...let the bitching commence!   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4992 on: December 04, 2006, 12:33:45 PM »

i love how this thread started in July 04
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #4993 on: December 04, 2006, 12:34:25 PM »

I don't blame the doubters.? Most of us are doubters.? I have my doubts, too.? But bitching about it not coming in 2006 is ridiculous when it's STILL 2006!? If 2006 passes by without CD, then so be it...let the bitching commence!? ?

The problem isn't the release date, it's the constant teasing. Everytime Guns reemerges, we get vague statements about it coming ?soon? or we'll ?hear new music this year? or ?14 Tuesdays left? or ?It?s coming out in fall, or late fall.? Then nothing happens. That?s the shitty thing. If they said ?Hey, we don?t have an album, we many never have an album, but if we ever do, we?ll let you know.? I think fans would be more accepting. But instead it?s ?We have this album, we play it for our friends, they all say it blows their mind, we?re releasing it real soon ... Oh, what you wanted to buy it, nevermind, we don?t know when we?ll get it done. It?s not like the second coming, don?t hold your breath.?
That my friends is called jerking your fanbase around.
I?m sure there are reasons. They?ll probably never get explained. The questions go unanswered as long as the album isn?t released.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #4994 on: December 04, 2006, 12:36:12 PM »

Pure nonsense and inane speculation from an amateur with too much time on his hands.? Nothing in that post makes any sense from either a business or legal perspective.

Care to elaborate on these legal and business points?

Sure, attend my seminar this Thursday in which I surgically dissect the smell of bullshit in painstaking detail.? You'll need to have completed the course prerequisite, "Common Sense".

Ha. ?Blame yourself, not me, for believing crap. ?

And there you go again. i dont necasarily believe it, but you are claiming legal and business insight while not elaborating. instead of given me the benefit of your knowledge, you adopt the discursive skill of a toddler.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #4995 on: December 04, 2006, 12:37:37 PM »

Once again people tend to believe anything negative about the band. Even when the source is somebody who heard from somebody....

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

You're right, this is most likely a 100% bullshit rumor but it's a rumor nonetheless so I think it belongs on this thread.

I don't believe anything that doesn't come straight from the band or management.

I don't believe anything about CD that comes from band or management any more. In fact I won't believe anything anyone says about the release of CD until it's safely in my CD player and the first song is playing.  Grin

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #4996 on: December 04, 2006, 12:38:26 PM »

All I'm saying is that these factories can take big steps to stop things from getting out.

Money talks.
A lot of money doesn't.

A leak from a manufacturer could result in the manufacturer losing current and future work.

Not to mention, is someone at the factory going to really believe that this is the real deal if he or she sees a CD that says "Guns N' Roses / Chinese Democracy"?
EDIT: where was the leak about Kitty & the Kowalski's Chinese Democracy album..?

*I* might not even believe it when I buy it and am holding it in my hands...

I am not very optimistic, though. Like others and I have said, the Harley ad was meant to precede or match the release of the single, which likely would have preceded the release of the album. I think we've heard recently that the Harley ad is still supposed to air eventually, and it hasn't yet...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4997 on: December 04, 2006, 12:38:42 PM »

I don't blame the doubters.  Most of us are doubters.  I have my doubts, too.  But bitching about it not coming in 2006 is ridiculous when it's STILL 2006!  If 2006 passes by without CD, then so be it...let the bitching commence!   

The problem isn't the release date, it's the constant teasing. Everytime Guns reemerges, we get vague statements about it coming ?soon? or we'll ?hear new music this year? or ?14 Tuesdays left? or ?It?s coming out in fall, or late fall.? Then nothing happens. That?s the shitty thing. If they said ?Hey, we don?t have an album, we many never have an album, but if we ever do, we?ll let you know.? I think fans would be more accepting. But instead it?s ?We have this album, we play it for our friends, they all say it blows their mind, we?re releasing it real soon ... Oh, what you wanted to buy it, nevermind, we don?t know when we?ll get it done. It?s not like the second coming, don?t hold your breath.?
That my friends is called jerking your fanbase around.
I?m sure there are reasons. They?ll probably never get explained. The questions go unanswered as long as the album isn?t released.

Fair enough.  But we want an indication that it's coming...and we got one!  They said 2006 (the exact words may have been "this year").  It's still 2006.  For now, that's good enough, at least for me.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4998 on: December 04, 2006, 12:45:40 PM »

Not to mention, is someone at the factory going to really believe that this is the real deal if he or she sees a CD that says "Guns N' Roses / Chinese Democracy"?

*I* might not even believe it when I buy it and am holding it in my hands...

rofl  I love the idea that the guy pressing is wouldn't believe it.  He'll probably think, "well, I still don't believe we'll ever see this album!"

I am not very optimistic, though. Like others and I have said, the Harley ad was meant to precede or match the release of the single, which likely would have preceded the release of the album. I think we've heard recently that the Harley ad is still supposed to air eventually, and it hasn't yet...

Wasn't the Harley ad using the Better DEMO?  I never really understood that as promotion.  Why not do it right, with the real music? 

Another thought is that every song featured in an iPod commercial SKYROCKETS in sales...great promotion, and those songs are already released!  Not all promotion is pre-release (and, I think a tour, magazine blurbs, great internet buzz, etc.) IS promotion.  Every one of us wearing our tour shirt around is promoting GNR (for free, BTW...where's my fucking check?!)

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Death Cube K
« Reply #4999 on: December 04, 2006, 12:45:56 PM »

The problem isn't the release date, it's the constant teasing.

Yes, it's a good thing and it's a bad thing packed into one. Say nothing and people will bitch. But then again media wont use the words "delayed album" because IMO an album cant be delayed if it doesnt have a release date carved in stone and GNR have never had it...just 'soon'...'sometime'...'a hair...whatever'.

But by constantly saying these things people will assume the album is closed to finished..and Im sure its been quite a lot of times too...

Theres no release date we know of...when they announce it I will pop the champagne, but theres no point in doing that when theres no release date given.

You get tired of hearing how the wolves are coming after awhile...
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: