Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 01:19:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228570 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 656743 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4960 on: December 04, 2006, 11:16:23 AM »

I'm still waiting for a 2006 release date, but at this point I'm already at peace with my self if it doesnt come out this year.
only thing that worries me is...
if it gets bumped to 2007 for some reason...
would they wait for the x-mas big sales again to release it... and in the meantime tinker some more with the songs.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4961 on: December 04, 2006, 11:16:39 AM »

Is it not a bit disheartening that a positive thread entitled "Axl is not stupid, CD will be out this year" gets deleted........

Nah, he just moved it in here, I knew that was gonna happen. ?Tongue

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4962 on: December 04, 2006, 11:17:22 AM »

Everybody needs to cool out!
The day is December 19th!

Look at the circumstances:

-it is a week before Christmas.

Which is a little late

-It is ?late fall? (Yes December 19th is still Fall).

Technically, yes.

-There are three shows scheduled in Universal City (17, 19, 20)? This is not a coincidence!.

Why couldn't it be?

-There are no other tour dates until the second week in January.

A little time off to celebrate Christmas perhaps?

-We have confirmation from Mr. Rose and management that the album will be out on some Tuesday this year..

We have word, we don't have confirmation.

-There is plenty of time to promote the album??..look for something tonight during the Billboard Awards..

Partially true. There is time, but it's not ideal.

-Everybody is talking about GNR?3 of the last 4 issues of Rolling Stone have had GNR mentions and/or articles, every concert seems to create more GNR headlines, you have (some Canadian rep) from Universal ?promoting? that they have not gotten any album from GNR, GNR manager denying rumors that the album is delayed..

That is good, but they need to act fast. I don't see RS or any other serious magazines writing positively about GN'R if this goes on much longer.

Did anyone really think that it would be a ?normal release??.

Why wouldn't it be?

I?m telling you, December 19th should be circled on everyone?s calendars!.

I don't see any particular reason for that, except pure hope that is.

Even looking back at the last 3 months, That date makes the most sense?.everybody is out shopping during that week..

Looking back the 21st made the most sense.

So everybody, find a KOOL, cool out, and enjoy the next 2 weeks!

It's gonna be a hard 2 weeks, that's for sure.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #4963 on: December 04, 2006, 11:25:16 AM »

-it is a week before Christmas.

Which is a little late

This may not be true.
Saturday before Christmas
Is the big sales day.

It's overtaken
"Black Friday" the past few years
As the strongest one.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4964 on: December 04, 2006, 11:28:05 AM »

Once again people tend to believe anything negative about the band. Even when the source is somebody who heard from somebody....

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

and you need to bash anyone who believes it's not coming out,right?
who should we believe? axl or merck? they won't talk to us, and it's december already and we haven't heard shit from them yet, so don't blame people if they believe in things they actually can read about. you seem to be so loyal to mr.merck that you forget to question anything related to this band.

if this cd won't come out this year, merck will have lost any credit with the fans he had left

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4965 on: December 04, 2006, 11:30:40 AM »

Once again people tend to believe anything negative about the band. Even when the source is somebody who heard from somebody....

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

and you need to bash anyone who believes it's not coming out,right?

How did I bash anybody who believes that?

All I said is that people tend to believe every stupid rumor. Whether it's something negative or a show in a bar in Alabama.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #4966 on: December 04, 2006, 11:35:16 AM »

I think we will hear something when the are in Los Angeles.  Huh

It could be a Christmas Miracle, that we get the new CD. Roll Eyes

I asked Santa and he said : I will see what I can do.  ok

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4967 on: December 04, 2006, 11:35:23 AM »

if this cd won't come out this year, merck will have lost any credit with the fans he had left

Am I the only one who finds it funny that people blame Merck, you don't have to like him but do really believe the release of Chinese Democracy lies in his hands? When he spoke I am sure it was the truth at the time to the best of his knowledge. Until told otherwise I say it still is.

Does anyone even know what a band's manager does? He doesn't nix thier biggest album. It's in his best intrest for it to come out.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:38:29 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4968 on: December 04, 2006, 11:36:54 AM »

no, the release doesnt lie in his hands, but he could tell us fuckin loyal fans what the fuck is going on and why it won't come out. is it so hard to be nice to the fans who have supported you from day one, and defended you against any bashers?

merck should look up the word "thankful" in a dictionary. and so should axl

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4969 on: December 04, 2006, 11:38:06 AM »

no, the release doesnt lie in his hands, but he could tell us fuckin loyal fans what the fuck is going on and why it won't come out. is it so hard to be nice to the fans who have supported you from day one, and defended you against any bashers?

merck should look up the word "thankful" in a dictionary. and so should axl

So you think he's not talking to fuck with you? I am sure he has a gag order. He probably wants to keep his job.

You'll feel "thankful" and stupid when it is released.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:40:12 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4970 on: December 04, 2006, 11:40:13 AM »

no, i say he won't talk because he doesn't care about the fans. hell, he's MANAGING the band, i guess he has some rights to do what he wants to.

Bit_Obscene
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4971 on: December 04, 2006, 11:40:42 AM »

Merck's an irrelevancy really. The truth is, he's only passing on the information he's being told to pass on, but I can understand why people grow frustrated with him, because he's the main source of communication with this band. In reality there's only one man running this whole show, and we all know who that is.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4972 on: December 04, 2006, 11:41:46 AM »

no, i say he won't talk because he doesn't care about the fans. hell, he's MANAGING the band, i guess he has some rights to do what he wants to.

Axl could fire him at his leisure. He needs to keep Axl happy. Look at that fat bastard that Managed N'Sync. Merck doesn't want to be the subject of an angry boy band video. (hehe, just kidding)

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4973 on: December 04, 2006, 11:42:20 AM »

that's why i sad merck AND AXL. i don't know what the fuck is going on in his head anymore.. i've defended him from day one, but i am tired of this now.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4974 on: December 04, 2006, 11:43:10 AM »

that's why i sad merck AND AXL. i don't know what the fuck is going on in his head anymore.. i've defended him from day one, but i am tired of this now.

I agree, we all are. Let's just hope it comes out.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #4975 on: December 04, 2006, 11:43:23 AM »

Pure nonsense and inane speculation from an amateur with too much time on his hands.? Nothing in that post makes any sense from either a business or legal perspective.

Care to elaborate on these legal and business points?

Sure, attend my seminar this Thursday in which I surgically dissect the smell of bullshit in painstaking detail.? You'll need to have completed the course prerequisite, "Common Sense".

A rough translation of your reply is "I dont want to explain myself for fear that i am found to be completely lacking in common sense and, indeed, any foundation for my arguments". Well, it is better to keep quiet and let people believe you are an idiot than speak up and dispell all doubt, ill give you that. Over to you, Perry Mason.

On a separate issue, some moderator(s...?) really dont like my posts do they?!

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4976 on: December 04, 2006, 11:51:32 AM »

All I said is that people tend to believe every stupid rumor. Whether it's something negative or a show in a bar in Alabama.

/jarmo
I dont think you need to believe "stupid rumors" to think that the album isnt coming out this year.
just a simple logic can make some people doubt a release.
and here is a couple of main reasons why people doubt a 2006 release...

a) canceled tours in the past
b) canceled releases in the past
c) no promotion
d) rescheduled airing of "Sheep"
e) del james mentioning Frank and Bumble
f) not mentioning the album ONCE since the tour started
g) 4 weeks till the end of the year and still not a word (and only the 19th seems reasonable)

so the rumors are not to blame for the "doubters".
its just a conclusion that people come to.

Personally I'm an idiot, and I still believe that despite all the above facts the band will release the album this year...
but I wouldnt be surprised if it isnt.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4977 on: December 04, 2006, 11:53:11 AM »

/jarmo
I dont think you need to believe "stupid rumors" to think that the album isnt coming out this year.
just a simple logic can make some people doubt a release.
and here is a couple of main reasons why people doubt a 2006 release...

a) canceled tours in the past
b) canceled releases in the past
c) no promotion
d) rescheduled airing of "Sheep"
e) del james mentioning Frank and Bumble
f) not mentioning the album ONCE since the tour started
g) 4 weeks till the end of the year and still not a word (and only the 19th seems reasonable)

so the rumors are not to blame for the "doubters".
its just a conclusion that people come to.

Personally I'm an idiot, and I still believe that despite all the above facts the band will release the album this year...
but I wouldnt be surprised if it isnt.

It's basically the old fool me once, fool me twice rule going into effect.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4978 on: December 04, 2006, 11:54:14 AM »

A rough translation of your reply is "I dont want to explain myself for fear that i am found to be completely lacking in common sense and, indeed, any foundation for my arguments". Well, it is better to keep quiet and let people believe you are an idiot than speak up and dispell all doubt, ill give you that. Over to you, Perry Mason.

On a separate issue, some moderator(s...?) really dont like my posts do they?!

All that being said...

I think I took care of the explanation of the "legal" issues JUST before George's post.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Z
« Reply #4979 on: December 04, 2006, 11:54:35 AM »

Let's not put any blame on Merck. ?He's the messenger or the delivery guy per se.

This is Axl from start to finish.

I have been an Axl supporter for over 20 years above Slash and the rest of the guys so this should not be taken as "same old same old" Axl bashing.

It the record gets delayed because of any glitches, then it will be a timing thing. ?As in there was too much delay in getting this cd to the presses. ?Artwork issues, whatever. ?The issues could have been worked on earlier.

It just might be a fear thing. ?Afraid to actually put this thing out there as crunch time nears.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: