Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 03:15:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228570 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 656896 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #4940 on: December 04, 2006, 10:02:52 AM »

another day, another inside scoop from another person with lawyer contacts. ?yes it could be true, yes it could be false. ?I am not spending my energies on hyping myself up to believe or discard it. ?I am listenin to the concerts of this year, reading the current concert reviews, remembering the gigs I saw this year and thinking, this is a band on FIRE right now.

the album is coming. I'm a believer (so help me!). am in this for the long haul godammit. ?It would make my fkn YEAR if this is released soon, but in the meantime, I can wait.

?ok
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #4941 on: December 04, 2006, 10:07:09 AM »

Whatever the reason just admit it, tell us what the plans are and lets move on. Enough BS.

The spineless bastards would never do that. They would need to grow a dick first...

ok
kopitejohn
« Reply #4942 on: December 04, 2006, 10:10:20 AM »

another day, another inside scoop from another person with lawyer contacts. ?yes it could be true, yes it could be false. ?I am not spending my energies on hyping myself up to believe or discard it. ?I am listenin to the concerts of this year, reading the current concert reviews, remembering the gigs I saw this year and thinking, this is a band on FIRE right now.

the album is coming. I'm a believer (so help me!). am in this for the long haul godammit. ?It would make my fkn YEAR if this is released soon, but in the meantime, I can wait.

?ok

totally agree with everything you say there.  i popped the post on the board in the 1st place just as a matter of interest to everyone.  i was not saying i belived it or anything like that as i don't.  just another of the rumours that has appeared.  i, for one, belive in the band and I am sure that CD will be here soon.  i would just like it as quickly as possible.

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #4943 on: December 04, 2006, 10:17:43 AM »

I don't think I've heard a single positive thing about this album from someone who doesn't have anything to gain from it. Think about that.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4944 on: December 04, 2006, 10:25:40 AM »

there is no way for this album to live up to the expectations, and if it is ever released and it bombs, Universal has a plan in place to try to force Axl's hand into accepting a reunion

Indeed, if the album ever comes out...for which I doubt it ever will... this sentence contains the truth:
1. it will never live up to the expectations as GN'R is not so 'hot' anymore as it they were...and that has nothing to do if the album itself is good or not...it will just not be a 'commercial success', so too less money for Geffen and the other record companies. The ROI for this album will be very very long in my opnion.

2. if they want to be 'hot' again, = commercial succes, then a reunion is the only option
(which is not bad afterall, in fact, that would be great! ?Grin )

For the rest, if Axl & Co, just want to make easy money by touring and making people happy, like we visiting the gigs, then fine by me....but I don't believe this is what the most fans want.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #4945 on: December 04, 2006, 10:26:05 AM »

I reckon it was due to be out already and some unforseen circumstances have delayed it. I honestly reckon that this is the case why we still havent heard CD, red tape. Has to be, no conspiracy theories, no the album is shit no anything. Lawsuits and BS have stopped this record being announced, maybe former members getting in the way who knows....Axl mentioned that even after the cancellation of the last tour he has had to keep his mouth shut cos of pending legal matters-so that tells us at least that there are things afoot that axl CANT tell us-not that he wont. Im sure the hype wont hurt the record sales either to be honest.... ok
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4946 on: December 04, 2006, 10:52:22 AM »

i asked that same thing in the admin section on bottom of board
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4947 on: December 04, 2006, 10:54:03 AM »

The album will be out. The band isn't so negligent to their fans that they will let the year slip by and then the week of Christmas say "Sorry not comin' out."

The CD will be released this year.

If the label was in the way, I am SURE they would be the first to tell us, just like they have in the past with shows, venues, etc.

Do you really think they would be that nasty to just sit on the knowledge that the album won't be out, even thought they went in print saying it would?

On top of that they already hinted at a secret release.

IT IS COMING OUT AND SOON!!!

BE HAPPY!!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 10:56:40 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4948 on: December 04, 2006, 10:57:52 AM »

Once again people tend to believe anything negative about the band. Even when the source is somebody who heard from somebody....

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #4949 on: December 04, 2006, 10:58:32 AM »

how'd they hint at a secret release?

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4950 on: December 04, 2006, 10:59:04 AM »

Everybody needs to cool out!
The day is December 19th!

Look at the circumstances:

-it is a week before Christmas.
-It is ?late fall? (Yes December 19th is still Fall)
-There are three shows scheduled in Universal City (17, 19, 20)? This is not a coincidence!
-There are no other tour dates until the second week in January
-We have confirmation from Mr. Rose and management that the album will be out on some Tuesday this year.
-There is plenty of time to promote the album??..look for something tonight during the Billboard Awards.
-Everybody is talking about GNR?3 of the last 4 issues of Rolling Stone have had GNR mentions and/or articles, every concert seems to create more GNR headlines, you have (some Canadian rep) from Universal ?promoting? that they have not gotten any album from GNR, GNR manager denying rumors that the album is delayed.

Did anyone really think that it would be a ?normal release??
I?m telling you, December 19th should be circled on everyone?s calendars!
Even looking back at the last 3 months, That date makes the most sense?.everybody is out shopping during that week.

So everybody, find a KOOL, cool out, and enjoy the next 2 weeks!
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4951 on: December 04, 2006, 11:01:06 AM »

Once again people tend to believe anything negative about the band. Even when the source is somebody who heard from somebody....

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

To be fair, people think long and hard about ways to lie to GN'R fans.

mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4952 on: December 04, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

You're right, this is most likely a 100% bullshit rumor but it's a rumor nonetheless so I think it belongs on this thread.

I don't believe anything that doesn't come straight from the band or management.

Still hoping for a December 19th (which is also my birthday yes) release but if that doesn't happen I'll still buy it in 2007 ok
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #4953 on: December 04, 2006, 11:05:23 AM »

-There are three shows scheduled in Universal City (17, 19, 20)? This is not a coincidence!
-We have confirmation from Mr. Rose and management that the album will be out on some Tuesday this year.
-There is plenty of time to promote the album??..look for something tonight during the Billboard Awards.
-Everybody is talking about GNR?3 of the last 4 issues of Rolling Stone have had GNR mentions and/or articles, every concert seems to create more GNR headlines, you have (some Canadian rep) from Universal ?promoting? that they have not gotten any album from GNR, GNR manager denying rumors that the album is delayed.

Even looking back at the last 3 months, That date makes the most sense?.everybody is out shopping during that week.

Got to love that post!  ok

and yeah, it makes sence.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4954 on: December 04, 2006, 11:05:31 AM »

Nice post! And i love that spirit Smiley

Im sure there is more to this picture then meets the eye.. ?ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4955 on: December 04, 2006, 11:07:58 AM »

Is it not a bit disheartening that a positive thread entitled "Axl is not stupid, CD will be out this year" gets deleted........
Z
« Reply #4956 on: December 04, 2006, 11:11:35 AM »

All good points.  There were those, including a few close to the band, who said Nov. 28th.

I believe 11/28 was the first target date but the date got pushed back for whatever reason.  The censoring of info that had leaked, the delayed HD commerical, etc.

So we'll see whether or not the band will make good on what has been said.  12/19 or 12/26 seem the only dates that seem realistic at this point.

I, for one, am not impressed with the recent childish bullshit with the Eagles of Death Metal and Axl and Tommy's "get on board" statement.  It's getting to be too little too late for me anyway.  I may be only one person but if I feel this way than I'm sure many "positive" people of the past are starting to feel the same way.

Not good business to alienate those that have stuck with the band as the band gears up for a new and bigger fan base.

So with bass in hand, I say, "Put up or shut up".

Bit_Obscene
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4957 on: December 04, 2006, 11:12:01 AM »

Some good points there, man. Unfortunately, I think you're only half right. I think the 18/19th was the intended release date, with the promotion scheduled to begin in November (including the Harley ad). Obviously something went wrong and the band don't want to tell us yet. Sorry if this sounds pessimistic, but I'm just trying to be realistic.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4958 on: December 04, 2006, 11:13:52 AM »

sorry if this is old but anyone else seen this.  what d'ya think?  from the mygnr forum a guy has posted this.

Just to make it clear, Im a huge GNR fan and have lurked on these boards for years, although I never really had anything interesting to post. I can't tell you who I am, but if you have watched TV over the years, you have probably seen me around. Anyway, my television experience leads me to spend some time in Hollywood, and being around the business for awhile definitely allows you to network and become acquainted with people. Over the years I have befriended a few entertainment lawyers, some of whom have worked for Geffen/Universal at different points in time. Being the fan that I am, (although I do have to keep things professional, you never know who you might end up working for in this Business, and I have done some work with NBC/Universal in the past... dont want to burn that bridge!) I have sometimes casually brought up GNR/Chinese Democracy to my lawyer friends, and usually I just got the typical "Oh you know we can't talk about that" answer. This last trip out to California was a bit different though. I was out to lunch with one of my friends, and I mentioned all the happenings recently, how its crazy that Axl has promised the album this year, but we still havent heard anything official. My friend laughed his ass of at this, and he proceeded to drop a pretty big bombshell on me. This isnt a direct quote (info like this usually isnt in this business!), but the long and short of this story is that Axl Rose NEVER planned on releasing Chinese Democracy this year, and Universal Music Group off the record believes that he never will. Universal is also furious about the current tour, as it appears to be nothing more than an opportunity for Axl to try to indefinitely fuel recording and production, since Universal no longer gives him money for the album. The reason why UMG is so quiet about all this? They feel that Axl has been given enough rope to hang himself this time. By going on the radio and TV, promising the album to the fans "this year", UMG believes that they have enough to win a lawsuit, and papers are in the process of being prepared alleging Mr. Rose of fraud and requesting millions of dollars in damages, or the finished product that we have come to know as Chinese Democracy. The story doesnt end here though... regardless of whether or not Axl produces a finished copy of Chinese Democracy, Universal is currently exploring their options when it comes to dropping Guns N' Roses from the label. Some of the bigwigs there believe that there is no way for this album to live up to the expectations, and if it is ever released and it bombs, Universal has a plan in place to try to force Axl's hand into accepting a reunion (Much like Warner Bros. Has tried to do with Van Halen in the past), or to release Guns N' Roses altogether (See the Van Halen situation again). Look, I know this all sounds bad, but dont shoot the messenger! Im just tired of the silence, and since Axl and Merck dont want to tell the fans anything, well... at least now you know the truth.

A lawyer would never, ever, ever discuss anything like this with anyone....it would be unethical and a direct violation of client/attorney priviledge.  No one who wants to maintain their license to practice law, and maintain their high paying position within their legal firm, would comment on pending, unfiled, potential litigation on the part of a huge multinational coporation. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4959 on: December 04, 2006, 11:14:24 AM »

Pure nonsense and inane speculation from an amateur with too much time on his hands.? Nothing in that post makes any sense from either a business or legal perspective.

Care to elaborate on these legal and business points?

Sure, attend my seminar this Thursday in which I surgically dissect the smell of bullshit in painstaking detail.  You'll need to have completed the course prerequisite, "Common Sense".

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: