Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 03:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228570 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 656907 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4920 on: December 04, 2006, 01:51:33 AM »

Not to sound like a baby, but I am really itching for an official date to be announced. Probably worse than ever after seeing them twice this year.

Seeing them live actually helped to take the edge off my pre-Chinese Democracy anxiety.  Those few days before the 21st of November, I was pretty anxious about the album...then a little disappointed when it didn't.  But the show helped...gave me confidence in the band.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
DemocracyRose
« Reply #4921 on: December 04, 2006, 05:46:18 AM »

Merck said it was rubbish that CD got pushed off to 2007 like it has been reported.

When did he said that??
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #4922 on: December 04, 2006, 06:01:18 AM »

People say this every week!? I'm giving it until the week before the 19th.? If by chance it "is" a huge secret and it's coming out on the 19th, we would probably still hear rumblings during this week.

All you have to do is stick "Simon Says (or should that be Axl Says) it's coming out on the 19th"

A self-generating-promotion grabbing-without paying a penny campaign if ever I saw one. But then again this is Guns n' Roses..... rofl

Oh and when Simon does finally say "Its in the shops tuesday" don't die in the rush
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:03:03 AM by wight gunner » Logged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #4923 on: December 04, 2006, 06:22:21 AM »

unless it drops tomorrow ( that would mean here in europe i could get it today) we only have two dates left:

12th.december  (11th, december in europe)
19th,december (18th,december in europe)

Even if GNR chose to release the CD on one opf these dates promotion could only be very limited   Roll Eyes

I think it is pretty safe to say that this might be the last week IF they want to announce it at all.
what a drama this is!!

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #4924 on: December 04, 2006, 06:33:22 AM »

they could drop it without announcing it and then promote it.

and it's not that much of a drama. been there, done that. in the end it's just a rock album.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4925 on: December 04, 2006, 06:34:07 AM »

I think after this week GNR should come clean and let everyone know whether its coming out this year. They know for definite either way by now. If they wait until the end of the year and then tell everyone its not coming out it will lend more credence to the cash grab tour theory.

Also I'm looking for xmas present ideas. I'm pretty sure my granny wants a copy of Chinese Democracy with her Moulton Brown hand wash!

Here today...ready to rock
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #4926 on: December 04, 2006, 08:30:10 AM »

here's what will happen...nothing

no statement of delay, no release, nothing.....why break precedent?

they will say absolutely nothing , the tour will end, then they will go away for a long time.....

I don't like this scenario, but this is what we have come to expect

Behold, the evil that men do...
Mauve_All
Rocker

« Reply #4927 on: December 04, 2006, 08:36:01 AM »

Why be such a pessimist ?

I'm a drinker with writing problems
http://www.myspace.com/mauve_all
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4928 on: December 04, 2006, 08:37:16 AM »

they will say absolutely nothing , the tour will end, then they will go away for a long time.....

And then the Chinese Democracy tour will start up again in 2009 with a new guitarist or drummer and rumours of a 2010 release. I can hardly wait.
Death Cube K
« Reply #4929 on: December 04, 2006, 08:43:26 AM »

It wont be out this year. Any rational human being knows this by now. The release date would have leaked a month ago...the latest...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #4930 on: December 04, 2006, 08:47:07 AM »

It wont be out this year. Any rational human being knows this by now. The release date would have leaked a month ago...the latest...

I really hope it comes out so we can laugh at all the people who say its definately not coming out this year.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4931 on: December 04, 2006, 08:55:36 AM »

Me No Rational-

JB9988
VIP

« Reply #4932 on: December 04, 2006, 08:59:43 AM »

they could do it the 19th if they wanted to a week b4 x mas and plenty of time to promote stating now and up until x mas. Plus dec. 20th is the last show they play until jan 10th. Plenty of time to promote until jan 10th and actually start CD WORLD TOUR not the gnr GH tour number 2.

Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #4933 on: December 04, 2006, 08:59:51 AM »

And then the Chinese Democracy tour will start up again in 2009 with a new guitarist or drummer and rumours of a 2010 release. I can hardly wait.

If that would be the case i won't be around anymore. And i would not be the only one.

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Bit_Obscene
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4934 on: December 04, 2006, 09:04:59 AM »

The only way I can see the album coming out this year is if it's released as a download exclusive, at least to begin with. While this option might be feasible given that record companies are keen to pursue the download market, it would still need promotion, and there isn't any. So I think it's pretty clear that the album's not on its way this year.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #4935 on: December 04, 2006, 09:09:32 AM »

Oh please Lord.....I hope to fuck this album is in stores before new years!

? ?I rip on the band for being shitty with the info. I do think/hope the silence is part of the plan, I don't think that it won't be out. I just wish we could at least get a "we are still on track, it will be this year" kind of comment from anyone in the band or Merck. ?

?The intriuging part of liking this band is that you never know what's gonna happen....but this suffering (album release-no info) is really agonizing, and bringing me personally to the point of going fuckin' nuts. Will that make all the sweeter when it comes out ? who knows, it will such a relief....sigh!

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4936 on: December 04, 2006, 09:25:12 AM »

you think a dude in hollywood who reads scripts could post a better structure paragraph , I wanna see more proof from the poster, probaly jackamo in disguise

If you've ever read a script you'd know that they don't have any paragraph structure.  It's mostly dialog with the occasional setting of the scene...
Death Cube K
« Reply #4937 on: December 04, 2006, 09:44:48 AM »

I really hope it comes out so we can laugh at all the people who say its definately not coming out this year.

It's December ALREADY. No-one releases albums without promoting or at least telling people about it. Just face it, time has run out for a 2006 release. Weirdly enough, since GNR were reported back in 02 to not tour again until the album was finished. When they anounced the EU tour I strongly belived that it would come out shortly. It didnt. Another 2002 tour with no album to support it, which is (in the long run) like shooting yourself in the foot.

It needs to come out and it have to come out quite soon.
madagas
« Reply #4938 on: December 04, 2006, 09:56:39 AM »

Oneway, I agree. The tell tale sign of significant problems was the pulling of the Harley ad and the deletion of the Del James article. Something happened that delayed the release of the album. Tongue
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4939 on: December 04, 2006, 09:58:10 AM »

Whatever the reason just admit it, tell us what the plans are and lets move on. Enough BS.

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: