Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 11:16:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228571 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 657389 times)
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #4780 on: December 01, 2006, 10:30:14 PM »

[why can't Merck contact us before the end of the year to tell us the release date? Why does it have to be to tell us the album isn't coming out this year?

You haven't been a fan very long, have you?? Merck might not even let us know a thing by the end of the year.? This cosmic joke just goes on and on while GNR makes money touring off of naive fans (of which I am one of them).? The album won't be out December 19th.? Why would you release an album 6 days before xmas when you could have released it late November?? Universal would want to maximize the xmas season, wouldn't they.

I've been a fan for 18 years and 3 months. That's about how long it's been since "Sweet Child O' Mine" hit radio. I was 18 at the time. As long as people keep thinking that Universal is some kind of all-powerful God that will make all of the decisions for this album, then everyone will continue to panic about there not being any advertisements and promo for the album yet. And at the same time, no one even THINKS about the fact that from December 19th to December 26th ("Returns" day), more people will be in the record stores with money to spend than at any other time of the year. In fact, it would be the BEST way to sell a gazillion records with very little promotion.

True, in fact the Sat. before Xmas is the busiest shopping day of the year, not Black Friday, as is the general population's guess. It would be a perfect time. They better get crackin' though.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4781 on: December 01, 2006, 10:30:33 PM »

According to this radio station it's coming out on 12-19. I won't hold my breath.

http://www.wqlz.com/music.htm

Yeah...I'm sure they didn't get that off any of the GNR boards...

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4782 on: December 01, 2006, 10:32:10 PM »

Should we call bullshit on that one as well ?
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #4783 on: December 01, 2006, 11:05:10 PM »

Should we call bullshit on that one as well ?

12/19 has been rumoured at HMV for some time now. So I wouldn't go so quick to rule 06' out yet. December is key month in the year, promotions are not so important with the shopping season about.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #4784 on: December 01, 2006, 11:06:18 PM »

When you concider that they break from touring on the 20th it would make sense for the promotional extras (the chat show circut, interviews et al) to be done around this time.

We'd all agree the band will be spending time with their family, but could really see Axl and the band doing their "latest" single. ?Studio performances don't require that much equipment like they do on the road, so doing Leno and/or the Tonight programme may be slotted in at this juncture.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they also finishing "near to home" also on the 20th.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4785 on: December 02, 2006, 12:19:00 AM »

When you concider that they break from touring on the 20th it would make sense for the promotional extras (the chat show circut, interviews et al) to be done around this time.

We'd all agree the band will be spending time with their family, but could really see Axl and the band doing their "latest" single. ?Studio performances don't require that much equipment like they do on the road, so doing Leno and/or the Tonight programme may be slotted in at this juncture.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they also finishing "near to home" also on the 20th.

In all honesty, could you actually see GNR doing a late night show?  Even though I would like to see it, I don't think it would happen. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4786 on: December 02, 2006, 12:22:08 AM »

Just when you can imagine this band doing anything , they are capable of tossing you a curveball.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #4787 on: December 02, 2006, 12:35:03 AM »

No really they aren't capable of throwing curve balls cause they never have...

Whats been going on for the last 7 years is the album is coming, or you will hear it i don't know if soon is the word.

Face it people it's dillusional for one to think that some how the album is going to be pressed and released this year...

Fuck All Y'all
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4788 on: December 02, 2006, 05:30:33 AM »

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/comingSoon.do?ctx=-1;1;-1;-1&pGroupID=1&pGenreID=-1&pTertiaryID=-1&primaryID=1&secondaryID=-1&tertiaryID=-1

HMV is quite reliable I believe? It says dec 18

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
ben9785
« Reply #4789 on: December 02, 2006, 05:57:26 AM »

Apparently up to as recently as one week ago, I know of at least one person who has contacted Merck and has still received the comment about "there are still x tuesdays left in the year".. obviously something must be brewing underneath, because I don't think Merck would say that if there was any threat to the release
DemocracyRose
« Reply #4790 on: December 02, 2006, 06:42:39 AM »

hihi Reliable...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #4791 on: December 02, 2006, 07:56:03 AM »

it doesn`t mention chinese democracy there, does it?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #4792 on: December 02, 2006, 08:10:35 AM »

In all honesty, could you actually see GNR doing a late night show?  Even though I would like to see it, I don't think it would happen. 

This is 2006, the rules of the past wouldn't apply now, if the record is going to be given the best chance of selling well right from the exposure on such shows would be the thing.  To be honest I don't "expect" to see the band doing the shows, but Axl doin' the odd interview well hell Yeah! could see that happening, coupled with a 30 second viewing of the recorded stuff to help promote CD, (assuming that they will release something to support the Album on chart shows)

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4793 on: December 02, 2006, 08:27:21 AM »

Are you new? Smiley

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #4794 on: December 02, 2006, 08:30:03 AM »

i don`t get it...  where does it mention gnr on the hmv website??

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4795 on: December 02, 2006, 08:39:12 AM »

WARose, you're right, it doesn't.

They used to have it listed under Dec 18th.   Not anymore.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
fixintodie
« Reply #4796 on: December 02, 2006, 08:44:32 AM »

Check again! It is there now, 3rd from the left on the top row. However, while every other album on the page can be clicked for preorder, C.D. says 'Unavailable'. Deleted, on the album page.

Goodbye 2006.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 08:48:00 AM by fixintodie » Logged
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4797 on: December 02, 2006, 08:47:04 AM »

When you click on it, it says this title has been deleted  confused
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4798 on: December 02, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »

Apparently up to as recently as one week ago, I know of at least one person who has contacted Merck and has still received the comment about "there are still x tuesdays left in the year".. obviously something must be brewing underneath, because I don't think Merck would say that if there was any threat to the release

Realy? he said that as of a week ago..

well, I think somethings a brewing behind the scenes hihi
fixintodie
« Reply #4799 on: December 02, 2006, 08:56:14 AM »

When you click it it says the title has been deleted...it's old news anyway

Note it hasn't even been assigned a catalog number. Another cause for concern.

My only hope is this....there can be no doubt whatsoever that Merck and Axl DO know if it's coming out this year or not. They know we're all speculating, and they know how much disappointment its going to cause if the album doesn't drop in '06.

I would like to think that they would have spoken up by now if we were in for another disappointment. Why let everyone's hopes keep building?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 09:42:43 AM by fixintodie » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: