Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 11:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228571 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 657405 times)
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4760 on: December 01, 2006, 06:09:44 PM »

^Nothing will ever live up to Appettite...  Chinese Democracy has to be Chinese Democracy, not "Appettite on steroids" as it's been called...  the sooner our gracious uncle realizes this, the better.   ok
Edward Rose
« Reply #4761 on: December 01, 2006, 06:10:30 PM »

..... i noticed they had chinese democracy listed as dec. 19th.  I then inquired as to if that was a definate date, the girl told me it was as of 2 days ago....

What we really need to know is if this means their computer is updated every two days, or it WASN'T in the computer all these weeks and now it's suddenly there.

As usual, no one asked the right questions. Now we can't call. Even the other store in Conn is answering their phone pretending to be a furniture store.

EDIT- Summing up. If ANYONE has a similar experience, PLEASE find out if it wasn't in the computer in recent weeks and just recently appeared with a Dec 19th release date

Someone already called and they said it's NOT listed in their computer.

Thank you. Just another case of J*****o using under-20-post identities to fuck with us.
I dont appreciate being called a liar!  I have no reason to "fuck" with anybody on this board.  What I posted about what the store said, i posted because I thought some people might like to here some possible good news on this board.  I understand i am a "noob" on this board, but i dont devote my life to internet forums.  the last thing i want to do in my free time is make up a story and start a flame war with other people here.  I am now regrwetting even posting here in the first place.  But anyway, what i posted was true and I did see the dec. 19th release date posted there.  I plan on stopping back there tonight or tomarow and will post my findings.

Well then I sincerely appologize.  peace
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4762 on: December 01, 2006, 06:27:54 PM »

^Nothing will ever live up to Appettite...? Chinese Democracy has to be Chinese Democracy, not "Appettite on steroids" as it's been called...? the sooner our gracious uncle realizes this, the better.? ?ok
IMO thats the whole reason its taken so long.. axl feels like he has to do a CD better than Appetite..

hes had this complex since oh, before the illusions!!thats why Illusions had to be a doble album, because axl wanted to beat Appetite.. He didnt according to most people, so hes trying again..

as soon as axl stops caring if this cd will beat appetite, the better...

he just hates being referred to as a "One album wonder" where most people say "appetite was great, illusions ok, too much filler"

the singer of Boston had similar problems. he took 8years for one of bostons cds to complete it. He wanted to beat the debut. Because to most boston are considered a "one album wonder"

get what im saying?? some bands just accept that they had one CD that people think is amazing.. some people hate the fact that their whole career will be definied by one album..
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4763 on: December 01, 2006, 06:37:58 PM »

I still dont get why he thinks AFD is his best album. Its a great album, no doubt, but the Illusion albums is his fucking masterpiece. And I honestly havent found many "true" fans that dont agree with that.

AFD is a great, great rock album, but The UYI albums are just fucking amazing.

Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #4764 on: December 01, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »

I still dont get why he thinks AFD is his best album. Its a great album, no doubt, but the Illusion albums is his fucking masterpiece. And I honestly havent found many "true" fans that dont agree with that.

Yeah i love the illusions too, but Appetite is just one of those extraordinarily easy to listen to albums. Straight through, over and over, driving or drinking, anywhere.

Do you guys remember when Axl once talked about David Bowie, and how he said he always has to choose between writing a hit record and writing something artistic or innovative, boundary-pushing whatever -- i think it's obvious Axl has been determined to do both these things while making an album that can stand up to Appetite and the GNR legend.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #4765 on: December 01, 2006, 06:48:42 PM »

I think the Illusions are master-pieces as well. He has always said he wanted to bury Appetite and that will always be his goal.

From what we've heard so far, Chinese will be a very solid record. I personally think he has nothing to worry about.

At first some people will say it sucks or that its not good, just cause its Axl, but once they look past that and also the amount of time it took to make the record, in the long run I think people will find out out that this is gonna be a great record and they will praise it in the end.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4766 on: December 01, 2006, 06:53:24 PM »

Getting off topic, but oh well...

I think I would agree. ?I love Appetite, and it's hard to say that it wasn't there best! ?However, I think the Illusions took GNR to that next level. ?All great bands have good hard and slow songs, and this is what the Illusions brought us. ?Having songs like Jungle, Paradise, and Sweet Child, makes you a good band, but adding songs like November Rain, Dont Cry, Civil War, makes you friggen brilliant. ?Yeah, it was a little all over the board where as Appetite flowed and was strong from start to finish. ?But I do think it completed them as a top band. ?I just think a lot of people were so used to straight up hard rock from GNR, that it was hard to accept the slower stuff. ?

Now, if you could put some of those great slower songs on an album with good harder songs, then you might have one of the top albums ever made. ?Of course, some people don't like a change in flow. ?They would rather listen to an album that is consistant throughout. ?I can't argue.

It would be cool to see what people would think if the Illusions came out before Appetite. ?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ryan rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4767 on: December 01, 2006, 07:05:50 PM »

why is axl worried what non fans think. as long as the fans like it who cares. Im 34 and ive been a fan from the begining because of my red hair and my last name.  and i love the mystic of him and the vocals.  thats just my opinion.

youve just gotta laugh.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #4768 on: December 01, 2006, 07:28:02 PM »

Well, I'll try it again.

Seeing that management is monitoring the boards and shutting down false rumors, and other posts and topics by us fans for whatever reasons, how about confirming or denying what Alice Cooper has been saying for the last year: Will Chinese Democracy be released by X-Mas?

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #4769 on: December 01, 2006, 07:33:19 PM »

Ask Alice toll free  Listener Requests/Comments:
Toll Free: 888-99-ALICE

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4770 on: December 01, 2006, 07:48:20 PM »

[why can't Merck contact us before the end of the year to tell us the release date? Why does it have to be to tell us the album isn't coming out this year?

You haven't been a fan very long, have you?  Merck might not even let us know a thing by the end of the year.  This cosmic joke just goes on and on while GNR makes money touring off of naive fans (of which I am one of them).  The album won't be out December 19th.  Why would you release an album 6 days before xmas when you could have released it late November?  Universal would want to maximize the xmas season, wouldn't they.
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4771 on: December 01, 2006, 07:55:10 PM »

AFD was by far their best album....but the UYI albums have the best songs.? Does that make sense?? AFD can be listened to over and over front ot back, whereas the UYI albums are harder to do that with without fast forwarding past filler crap like Back of Bitch and Bad Apples and GITR and nonesense like that.? But Estranged, Coma and Loco-motive are by far their best work IMO.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4772 on: December 01, 2006, 08:01:10 PM »

AFD was by far their best album....but the UYI albums have the best songs.? Does that make sense?? AFD can be listened to over and over front ot back, whereas the UYI albums are harder to do that with without fast forwarding past filler crap like Back of Bitch and Bad Apples and GITR and nonesense like that.? But Estranged, Coma and Loco-motive are by far their best work IMO.

I would agree about Bad Apples, but BOB and GITR are both awesome, and far from fillers.

And I also agree that Estranged, Coma and Locomotive being their best work to date.
Edward Rose
« Reply #4773 on: December 01, 2006, 08:11:46 PM »

[why can't Merck contact us before the end of the year to tell us the release date? Why does it have to be to tell us the album isn't coming out this year?

You haven't been a fan very long, have you?  Merck might not even let us know a thing by the end of the year.  This cosmic joke just goes on and on while GNR makes money touring off of naive fans (of which I am one of them).  The album won't be out December 19th.  Why would you release an album 6 days before xmas when you could have released it late November?  Universal would want to maximize the xmas season, wouldn't they.

I've been a fan for 18 years and 3 months. That's about how long it's been since "Sweet Child O' Mine" hit radio. I was 18 at the time. As long as people keep thinking that Universal is some kind of all-powerful God that will make all of the decisions for this album, then everyone will continue to panic about there not being any advertisements and promo for the album yet. And at the same time, no one even THINKS about the fact that from December 19th to December 26th ("Returns" day), more people will be in the record stores with money to spend than at any other time of the year. In fact, it would be the BEST way to sell a gazillion records with very little promotion.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #4774 on: December 01, 2006, 08:26:53 PM »

I would agree about Bad Apples, but BOB and GITR are both awesome, and far from fillers.

And I also agree that Estranged, Coma and Locomotive being their best work to date.

Its always interesting to hear these opinions. I think BOB and GITR are filler, and Bad Apples is quite good. But I agree with both of you on Coma, Estranged and Locomotive.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4775 on: December 01, 2006, 08:52:05 PM »

Its always interesting to hear these opinions. I think BOB and GITR are filler, and Bad Apples is quite good. But I agree with both of you on Coma, Estranged and Locomotive.

I guess we are really running out of release date rumors Grin
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #4776 on: December 01, 2006, 08:57:49 PM »

Ask Alice toll free? Listener Requests/Comments:
Toll Free: 888-99-ALICE

And have him flame me for everyone to hear? I think not Grin

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4777 on: December 01, 2006, 09:46:33 PM »

According to this radio station it's coming out on 12-19. I won't hold my breath.

http://www.wqlz.com/music.htm
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4778 on: December 01, 2006, 10:23:59 PM »

According to this radio station it's coming out on 12-19. I won't hold my breath.

they have it listed on the actual front page , interesting !
Edward Rose
« Reply #4779 on: December 01, 2006, 10:27:46 PM »

they have it listed on the actual front page , interesting !

Tried calling the request line. No answer.

(D.J. spending time in between songs on the internet while a ringer-silenced phone has a flashing light on it Smiley )
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: