Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 01:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228571 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 657450 times)
Edward Rose
« Reply #4740 on: December 01, 2006, 04:55:38 PM »

..... i noticed they had chinese democracy listed as dec. 19th.  I then inquired as to if that was a definate date, the girl told me it was as of 2 days ago....

What we really need to know is if this means their computer is updated every two days, or it WASN'T in the computer all these weeks and now it's suddenly there.

As usual, no one asked the right questions. Now we can't call. Even the other store in Conn is answering their phone pretending to be a furniture store.

EDIT- Summing up. If ANYONE has a similar experience, PLEASE find out if it wasn't in the computer in recent weeks and just recently appeared with a Dec 19th release date

Someone already called and they said it's NOT listed in their computer.

Thank you. Just another case of J*****o using under-20-post identities to fuck with us.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4741 on: December 01, 2006, 04:56:09 PM »

December 19 is the date thats getting around...

call me naive, but December 19 is my last bit of hope..

I mean, Merck/axl didnt take back their statement about a 2006 release.. Im sure if it was delayed wed get some press release telling us that its delayed till next year etc..
Edward Rose
« Reply #4742 on: December 01, 2006, 05:01:10 PM »

I mean, Merck/axl didnt take back their statement about a 2006 release.. Im sure if it was delayed wed get some press release telling us that its delayed till next year etc..

Also, Merck had a chance to update us when speaking to MTV about the EODM fiasco. And you know MTV had to have asked about the 2006 deal  hihi
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4743 on: December 01, 2006, 05:01:28 PM »

This is why I think that when Merck said "we will here from GNR before the end of the year", they are going to give us a statement about how it has been delayed. ?I could be wrong, but I don't see how it can come out on the 19th without anybody knowing about it? ?Is that even possible? ?I hope so. ?Maybe it's the biggest kept secret in all of music, but I think I'm stretching it with that statement.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4744 on: December 01, 2006, 05:02:38 PM »

Also, Merck had a chance to update us when speaking to MTV about the EODM fiasco. And you know MTV had to have asked about the 2006 deal? hihi

Who says Merck even talked to MTV about that?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #4745 on: December 01, 2006, 05:04:51 PM »

We're 18 days away from the 19th so if they want to release it on that day then they better get moving. If we don't hear anything by the end of  next week then you can write off the 19th.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4746 on: December 01, 2006, 05:05:46 PM »

fact is, the truth will leak out, but with all the bullshit rumors theres NO way well believe it..

whether or not, I think the CD is done, but SOMETHING is holding it up..

my theory is within the time frame, Universal didnt think they could get the most $$ out of it so they are holding onto it... Record companys do that...or perhaps Universal just couldnt think they could get enough copys out in time..
Edward Rose
« Reply #4747 on: December 01, 2006, 05:07:59 PM »

Also, Merck had a chance to update us when speaking to MTV about the EODM fiasco. And you know MTV had to have asked about the 2006 deal  hihi

I doubt Merck cared about the first web site that reported the EODM lie. But when MTV reported it, he responded today. How do you respond? By contacting them. The article below says, ".....is pure fiction," he (Merck) told MTV.com.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=40440.0

And to damnthehaters above, why can't Merck contact us before the end of the year to tell us the release date? Why does it have to be to tell us the album isn't coming out this year?
estranged.1098
« Reply #4748 on: December 01, 2006, 05:08:53 PM »

We're 18 days away from the 19th so if they want to release it on that day then they better get moving. If we don't hear anything by the end of  next week then you can write off the 19th.

You don't have to wait that long.
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4749 on: December 01, 2006, 05:09:31 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?I've thought about calling up that record store and musing about Chinese Furniture and talking about Democracy . I'm sure that the owner is thinking that its some kinda prank by many to hassle the store. ?Wink
Edward Rose
« Reply #4750 on: December 01, 2006, 05:10:58 PM »

I've thought about calling up that record store and musing about Chinese Furniture and talking about Democracy . I'm sure that the owner is thinking that its some kinda prank by many to hassle the store.  Wink

Your post doesn't make sense. If you have something to say, say it instead of winking.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4751 on: December 01, 2006, 05:13:38 PM »

Also, Merck had a chance to update us when speaking to MTV about the EODM fiasco. And you know MTV had to have asked about the 2006 deal? hihi

I doubt Merck cared about the first web site that reported the EODM lie. But when MTV reported it, he responded today. How do you respond? By contacting them. The article below says, ".....is pure fiction," he (Merck) told MTV.com.

And to damnthehaters above, why can't Merck contact us before the end of the year to tell us the release date? Why does it have to be to tell us the album isn't coming out this year?

Well, I've thought about this, but GNR already told us that it will be out this year, so if it is still scheduled to come out, then why would they have to tell us again?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Edward Rose
« Reply #4752 on: December 01, 2006, 05:17:02 PM »

Well, I've thought about this, but GNR already told us that it will be out this year, so if it is still scheduled to come out, then why would they have to tell us again?

True. But maybe they will hold a press conference to announce the details of the release. And maybe in a worst case scenario, if it's delayed, they might give us a January DATE during an announcement before the end of the year. Getting an actual release date, even if it's in January, would be better than this waiting.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4753 on: December 01, 2006, 05:18:40 PM »

True. But maybe they will hold a press conference to announce the details of the release. And maybe in a worst case scenario, if it's delayed, they might give us a January DATE during an announcement before the end of the year. Getting an actual release date, even if it's in January, would be better than this waiting.

I hope your right!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #4754 on: December 01, 2006, 05:26:13 PM »

not coming out is my guess.....

Fuck All Y'all
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4755 on: December 01, 2006, 05:28:03 PM »

this is the calm before the storm in my opinion.... something is in the works behind the scenes, and as soon as its solidified well get a huge announcment..

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #4756 on: December 01, 2006, 05:29:59 PM »

We're 18 days away from the 19th so if they want to release it on that day then they better get moving. If we don't hear anything by the end of? next week then you can write off the 19th.

You don't have to wait that long.

I know it won't be coming out this month but that it for those who are still holding out hope.
Mooch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4757 on: December 01, 2006, 05:41:30 PM »

..... i noticed they had chinese democracy listed as dec. 19th.? I then inquired as to if that was a definate date, the girl told me it was as of 2 days ago....

What we really need to know is if this means their computer is updated every two days, or it WASN'T in the computer all these weeks and now it's suddenly there.

As usual, no one asked the right questions. Now we can't call. Even the other store in Conn is answering their phone pretending to be a furniture store.

EDIT- Summing up. If ANYONE has a similar experience, PLEASE find out if it wasn't in the computer in recent weeks and just recently appeared with a Dec 19th release date

Thank you. Just another case of J*****o using under-20-post identities to fuck with us.
I dont appreciate being called a liar! ?I have no reason to "fuck" with anybody on this board. ?What I posted about what the store said, i posted because I thought some people might like to here some possible good news on this board. ?I understand i am a "noob" on this board, but i dont devote my life to internet forums. ?the last thing i want to do in my free time is make up a story and start a flame war with other people here. ?I am now regrwetting even posting here in the first place. ?But anyway, what i posted was true and I did see the dec. 19th release date posted there. ?I plan on stopping back there tonight or tomarow and will post my findings.
mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4758 on: December 01, 2006, 05:47:55 PM »

..... i noticed they had chinese democracy listed as dec. 19th.? I then inquired as to if that was a definate date, the girl told me it was as of 2 days ago....

I dont appreciate being called a liar! ?I have no reason to "fuck" with anybody on this board. ?What I posted about what the store said, i posted because I thought some people might like to here some possible good news on this board. ?I understand i am a "noob" on this board, but i dont devote my life to internet forums. ?the last thing i want to do in my free time is make up a story and start a flame war with other people here. ?I am now regrwetting even posting here in the first place. ?But anyway, what i posted was true and I did see the dec. 19th release date posted there. ?I plan on stopping back there tonight or tomarow and will post my findings.

Don't take it so personally, we all have bad history with people making shit up. For what it's worth, I believe you and thank you for posting your findings.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4759 on: December 01, 2006, 05:54:14 PM »

Here are a couple comments about the album from Sebastian Bach. I didnt want to make a whole thread so im posting them here. Nothing groundbreaking but interesting none the less.

On getting a text message earlier this year from GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose, inviting him to hang out:

"I thought, 'Who is this idiot messing around with me pretending they're Axl Rose?' But I pressed, 'Call sender,' and it actually was him, and it was like talking to Howard Hughes."

On Axl has changed over the years:

"The guy hasn't changed all that much. He's still a fun guy who likes to party."

On GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited "Chinese Democracy" album:

"I've heard some incredible music. He's pulling from a wealth of material. He's got like 30-some songs."

On why Axl can't seem to put the album out:

"He doesn't explain that to me because he doesn't need to. It's his album and his art. Rock 'n' roll is filled with stories of musicians that have gone crazy trying to live up to expectations, like Syd Barrett. At the end of the day, Axl has managed to stay pretty damn level-headed. But he is trying to create a record that lives up to 'Appetite for Destruction', one of the best albums of all time, and that's taken a long time."

Source Blabbermouth?

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: