Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 03:23:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228573 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 657531 times)
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #4680 on: December 01, 2006, 09:12:45 AM »

I have a feeling nothing is going to happen... as usual Wink

Oh c'mon, where's your spirit...this is the season of giving, dreams coming true, yadda yadda yadda...keep hope alive ...seek and ye shall find....er.....yeah...your probably right....but there is a glimmer of hope beyond the Chinese star.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4681 on: December 01, 2006, 09:13:49 AM »

HONESTLY, I have a feeling something is gonna happen.

Yep, I am going to get a Mar's bar on the way home  Grin
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #4682 on: December 01, 2006, 09:18:48 AM »

If GN'R release the record on Dec. 19th than it still falls in line with what Axl said about it coming out Fall or late Fall...so there is still hope.  December 18th, thousands of planes will drop 'Chinese Democracy starts tommorow' flyers out of them....how cool would that be...then the press will bitch about how Guns are littering the world and enviromentalists will hunt Axl down...Doh!

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #4683 on: December 01, 2006, 09:19:21 AM »

Ok people there's a fustration thread in the Dead Horse section.

Let's just try to post rumors only here ok?
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4684 on: December 01, 2006, 09:31:04 AM »

december 26th is the strongest rumour. meaning its released in 2006 but will own 2007

Why?? Because Mr I Know The Cover Of Chi Dem just said so?

ok so now youve told everyone i know the cover to CD, i may aswell show you all

chinese democracy is coming...............................octobuary 32rd 1897

you already did..? You said it was 100% certain it was that girl.? ?
howard darling please get over it, i believed her and i was wrong. BIG DEAL? drool

I'm over it.   My point is that you can stop making shit up, or posting ridiculous rumours as if they have merit.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #4685 on: December 01, 2006, 09:36:56 AM »

i know threads and posts are deleted for a good reason but articles from MTV do not need to be removed just because they might not be totally positive ....

back on topic: today is december01st.....
In case they plan to release it this month we might about to see an announcement today?Huh?? Roll Eyes

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4686 on: December 01, 2006, 09:51:27 AM »

2 news items for a day?

Alice said it would be out this year before Axl did.

So did I.  Maybe I was the rumour starter.  nervous 

believe in the 8! Spread positive ideas!

Why?

Why should MTV make big thing of this now, at this point in time? bothering many other musicians?
When they're having a rush of christmas releases?

Harley ad, Rolling Stone, the band is currently on tour, lots of buzz already created. Remember, their have been articles similar to this in the New York Times, Q, Kerrang, NME. It really doesn't mean a thing, other than its an easy article.

I already pointed out a couple of the differences but obviously you didn't read my post.
Time is very important in music. yes
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 09:53:27 AM by ppbebe » Logged
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4687 on: December 01, 2006, 10:10:19 AM »

Try and keep the thread on topic

All right, here's a rumor: Alice Cooper said Chinese Democracy would be out by x-mas. Can you confirm?
can i ask where you heard this rumour

alice coopers radio show.. hes been saying it each week..

before playing mr brownstone about 3 weeks ago he said "I wont tell you who told me this, but I heard that chinese democracy will come out on one of the tuesdays before Christmas"
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4688 on: December 01, 2006, 10:17:22 AM »

cheers - is he still saying it this week - then i still have faith i cant see why he would just speculate he must know something
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4689 on: December 01, 2006, 10:27:44 AM »

i know threads and posts are deleted for a good reason but articles from MTV do not need to be removed just because they might not be totally positive ....

back on topic: today is december01st.....
In case they plan to release it this month we might about to see an announcement today?Huh?? Roll Eyes

I wish that would happen too.  That they would announce the release date today.  But I'm afraid we're both dreaming and that is all we'll get today dreams.  I'm sure we'll get nothing today.  But hey Merck and Axl feel free to prove me wrong.
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #4690 on: December 01, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

Try and keep the thread on topic

All right, here's a rumor: Alice Cooper said Chinese Democracy would be out by x-mas. Can you confirm?
can i ask where you heard this rumour

alice coopers radio show.. hes been saying it each week..

before playing mr brownstone about 3 weeks ago he said "I wont tell you who told me this, but I heard that chinese democracy will come out on one of the tuesdays before Christmas"

So that would be the 5th, 12th, or 19th...sounds good...let's hope so!

G N R PIMP
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4691 on: December 01, 2006, 11:00:11 AM »

i am waiting for the infamous merck bullshit excuses.

..but all is not lost - in years to come when we are playing trivial pursuit with the family , a question will appear.

which american rock band toured twice with chinese democracy , but never released it?

just think..you might win the game with that question.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #4692 on: December 01, 2006, 11:01:04 AM »

i have the exact feeling.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 11:18:09 AM by JB9988 » Logged

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #4693 on: December 01, 2006, 11:21:01 AM »

Hee, hee, hee.

The concerts are great, but they aren't going to build the legacy of GNR. Good, bad or indifferent, once the album is released, it will forever change the perception of GNR. Right now, your average idiot doesn't even know there is a GNR still. Sure, they've heard about the tour, but they don't know what the band is all about.
If the album comes out, it will be something tangible for people to hold and listen to. It will bring GNR back to the average person.

I'm like most Guns fans. I was 11 or 12 when AFD came out. I was 15 or 16 when UYI came out. It was cool to be all about rock concerts and partying back then. Now, I have a mortage, three kids, a wife, a full-time job, community commitments. I don't have the time, money or want to follow Guns tour around and watch concerts that last until 2 a.m. Maybe I'll go to one, if they come someplace close to me, but chances are I'm not going to see them in concert.

But I will buy their album, probably multiple copies.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4694 on: December 01, 2006, 12:00:23 PM »

i have the exact feeling.

The only reason I don't agree is because we never got any excuses when 2005 wasn't "The Year Of Guns N' Roses"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Mooch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4695 on: December 01, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

ok guys, i dont exactly know what to make of this. ?last night i visited my local music shop here in connecticut and looked at there release calender. ?i noticed they had chinese democracy listed as dec. 19th. ?I then inquired as to if that was a definate date, the girl told me it was as of 2 days ago. ?she then turned the computer so icould see it and logged onto their distributors release calender, sure enough it was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?I am not going to put any wagers on this date, as I have already lost way to much money to my friends, but this gives me some hope yet.
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #4696 on: December 01, 2006, 12:10:37 PM »

I haven't wanted to say a word, because I am sure it's bogus, but here goes.  The Des Moines Register (in Iowa Tongue) has a section on Thursdays in the newspaper called the "Datebook", which promotes all the entertainment, movies, restaurants, etc things to do each week.  Well, since the concert in Ames is 30 minutes away, there was a write-up in esterday's edition about the show being one of the top 5 things to do this weekend.  In the write-up, the writer says the album will be out on December 18th........(She also sas that Brian Manta is playing drums)  Anyhoo, there you go.  Take this with a billion grains of salt, but somebody somewhere is spewing the 18th/19th as a release date, because I doubt this lady writing the weekly to-do list has a clue about anything GNR related
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4697 on: December 01, 2006, 12:16:49 PM »

Hee, hee, hee.

The concerts are great, but they aren't going to build the legacy of GNR. Good, bad or indifferent, once the album is released, it will forever change the perception of GNR. Right now, your average idiot doesn't even know there is a GNR still. Sure, they've heard about the tour, but they don't know what the band is all about.
If the album comes out, it will be something tangible for people to hold and listen to. It will bring GNR back to the average person.

I'm like most Guns fans. I was 11 or 12 when AFD came out. I was 15 or 16 when UYI came out. It was cool to be all about rock concerts and partying back then. Now, I have a mortage, three kids, a wife, a full-time job, community commitments. I don't have the time, money or want to follow Guns tour around and watch concerts that last until 2 a.m. Maybe I'll go to one, if they come someplace close to me, but chances are I'm not going to see them in concert.

But I will buy their album, probably multiple copies.

I get what you're saying. ?I was a few years younger than you around those release times, but I too have a wife, kids, mortgage, etc. ?I had to use a personal day following the concert last month, but for me it was worth it. ?The only difference between us is that I'll end up buying multiple copies of CD at some point upon it's release, though I'll hit any concert that comes within a states radius of here.

So I guess it's saps like me tthat keep the GNR train rolling year after year despite no Chinese Democracy...
newman
Opening Act

« Reply #4698 on: December 01, 2006, 12:21:22 PM »

The "Hair Nation" channel on Sirius just said the album is out on December 19 for what it's worth...I'm not holding my breath
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #4699 on: December 01, 2006, 12:22:40 PM »

lol hey guys... CD has just been released! u can buy it here http://www.thekowalskis.com/music.asp?b=y...

haha this was funny... lol sorry!  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: