Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 12:31:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228576 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 657897 times)
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4520 on: November 30, 2006, 11:35:51 AM »

Here's a crazy rumor ? Chinese Democracy isn't coming out. It's just an imaginary album created so that GNR wouldn't loose its alure. It's just a marketing tool for GNR tours.

This rumor seems to be gaining a lot of popularity on a number of forums.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #4521 on: November 30, 2006, 11:41:15 AM »

Here's a crazy rumor ? Chinese Democracy isn't coming out. It's just an imaginary album created so that GNR wouldn't loose its alure. It's just a marketing tool for GNR tours.

They'll play up to 5 new songs a night just to keep up the illusion. 
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4522 on: November 30, 2006, 11:41:26 AM »

BACK to chinese democracy if we could....

as it was said a few pages back by sorum_is_a_stiff (great name by the way; i hate sorum in that vh1 G n R behind the music... what an arrogent ass) i find it very ironic that the three shows before december 19th are in UNIVERSAL city, california. this could be a great opportunity for universal/g n r to release the album (in such a controlled environment). add in the fact that izzy is rumoured to be at a few of these shows. i don't know, i guess i am still VERY optimistic? that the album will be out in 2006. anyways i thought this rumour could get us back onto chinese democracy.

peace out

At this point my gut tells me if it is coming out this year the 19th is the last hope, I guess the 26th is possible but I think the 3 dates at unversal city around the 19th makes the most sense at this point. BUT we know it will not be a suprise release so that means we will know if this is going to happen very soon. If next week comes and goes then I would say it is safe to assume this year...................................

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4523 on: November 30, 2006, 11:42:21 AM »

if no ?news by next friday...
I'll be sure...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #4524 on: November 30, 2006, 11:43:49 AM »

It's just an imaginary album created so that GNR wouldn't loose its alure. It's just a marketing tool for GNR tours.

i've been saying this all along...no album could possibly take that long...they probably were never going to release an album to begin with...axl just wanted people to pay attention to him...and the only way he could do that is to talk about how he's coming out with a new album...

anybody notice how just before the tour, they suddenly start talking about how the album will come out in 2006?...everyone starts to get exited about gnr again and goes out to buy tickets...then the tour comes and goes and no mention of the album...think about it...would anybody really be interested in the new gnr if they weren't coming out with their own new material? no...people would just call them imposters and no one would go to the concerts.? but if they talk about how they're coming out with this great album, it makes them look legit, and people get exited, buzz starts circulating, press gets ahold of it, and people get caught up in the excitement and buy tickets....

chinese democracy is the biggest scam in music history...nothing but a lie and a marketing tool so axl can tour and make money
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:55:54 AM by blues rocker » Logged
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4525 on: November 30, 2006, 11:44:07 AM »

That has to be the craziest rumor right next to slash contributes to CD. Is it just me or the rumors getting way stupid or even so unbelievable to even consider them lately.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4526 on: November 30, 2006, 11:47:31 AM »

i've been saying this all along...no album could possibly take that long...they probably were never going to release an album to begin with...axl just wanted people to pay attention to him...and the only way he could do that is to talk about how he's coming out with a new album...

Not in a million years. No offense but that is god damn ridiculous. Axl for the most part has been in seclusion for the last 14 years and I think he cares less what the world thinks. He does what he does to make great music and he will not release it until he is satisfied it is perfect and everything feels right.

So far this year everything has been right everything points to a release coming soon, when is the question.

In 2000 or 2003 or something I might of entertained parts of your theory but after this year, NO WAY?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:49:19 AM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4527 on: November 30, 2006, 11:50:09 AM »

That has to be the craziest rumor right next to slash contributes to CD. Is it just me or the rumors getting way stupid or even so unbelievable to even consider them lately.

This rumor is quite understandable and maybe the thruth afteral!
GN'R has created so many false promisses about Democracy and always sometime before the start of tour (2001, 2002 & 2006). This tour seems the most succesfull (with the new band) which it makes it more 'real' Chinese Democracy is actually close to release but I doubt it that it will see the daylight someday.....and that is indeed a big scam just to promote a tour & make money of us....the bastards! ?Cool

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #4528 on: November 30, 2006, 11:56:58 AM »

just curious....

Jarmo when DO YOU think the albums coming out?

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4529 on: November 30, 2006, 11:58:05 AM »

as it was said a few pages back by sorum_is_a_stiff (great name by the way; i hate sorum in that vh1 G n R behind the music... what an arrogent ass) i find it very ironic that the three shows before december 19th are in UNIVERSAL city, california. this could be a great opportunity for universal/g n r to release the album (in such a controlled environment). add in the fact that izzy is rumoured to be at a few of these shows. i don't know, i guess i am still VERY optimistic? that the album will be out in 2006. anyways i thought this rumour could get us back onto chinese democracy.

peace out

At this point my gut tells me if it is coming out this year the 19th is the last hope, I guess the 26th is possible but I think the 3 dates at unversal city around the 19th makes the most sense at this point.

There is no way that they would release it the day after Christmas. That is definitely on the list of dumbest dates they could choose. If they are waiting that long, they may as well get a single out and try to generate some positivity in 07.

Personally, I don't mind waiting longer, but as far as making this a success, nationally or globally speaking, there is a limited number of times you can cry "Wolf!" before people stop paying attention. I'm sure that is why they are trying to stop the spread of rumors - because it's perceived as stalling on the band's part even if it didn't come from them. Regardless, it has been strongly implied that the album is coming this year, and a lot of people are going to be pretty disappointed if it doesn't come out.
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4530 on: November 30, 2006, 12:00:18 PM »

Makes perfect sense. Axl put together a band, wrote a load of new songs, hired a load of different band members, just so he could make a few quid. Rather than writing a load of new songs, hiring different band members, and actually releasing an album to make much more than a few quid..

After all, why go through all the work to write and release and album, when you can go through all the work and then NOT release an album..

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4531 on: November 30, 2006, 12:01:03 PM »

Is it just me or the rumors getting way stupid or even so unbelievable to even consider them lately.

It's not the rumors. It's the people.

They're getting waaaaaay stupid.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4532 on: November 30, 2006, 12:09:58 PM »

peace out

Isn't it just a little bit silly to think that they're releasing it in Universal City because the label's name is Universal?? ?Has there been ANY precedent for this?

It's just grasping at straws.?

Three dates at Universal IS odd.? ?But if they wanted to fill those arenas then they'd want to release the CD BEFORE the dates so they could build up some sales momentum.?

Releasing it at Universal City because of the name??? I'm pretty fucking skeptical.?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 12:19:53 PM by Howard2k » Logged

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4533 on: November 30, 2006, 12:15:33 PM »

i'm sorry, but at this point, isnt this thread "dead horse"?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4534 on: November 30, 2006, 12:22:44 PM »

as it was said a few pages back by sorum_is_a_stiff (great name by the way; i hate sorum in that vh1 G n R behind the music... what an arrogent ass) i find it very ironic that the three shows before december 19th are in UNIVERSAL city, california. this could be a great opportunity for universal/g n r to release the album (in such a controlled environment). add in the fact that izzy is rumoured to be at a few of these shows. i don't know, i guess i am still VERY optimistic  that the album will be out in 2006. anyways i thought this rumour could get us back onto chinese democracy.

peace out

Isn't it just a little bit silly to think that they're releasing it in Universal City because the label's name is Universal?   Has there been ANY precedent for this?

It's just grasping at straws. 

Three dates at Universal IS odd.   But if they wanted to fill those arenas then they'd want to release the CD BEFORE the dates so they could build up some sales momentum. 

Releasing it at Universal City because of the name??  I'm pretty fucking skeptical. 

Yeah...that is silly.  But releasing it when they're in SoCal isn't a stretch.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4535 on: November 30, 2006, 12:25:53 PM »

I'm hoping they make an announcement or release a single before the Los Angeles shows . Playing to a half-empty Amphitheatre (6,000 seats) on the 20th (and the 19th?) in their hometown will be a let-down. I'll definitely be there on all three nights (with friends and family)!!!

peace
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #4536 on: November 30, 2006, 12:26:41 PM »

peace out

Isn't it just a little bit silly to think that they're releasing it in Universal City because the label's name is Universal?? ?Has there been ANY precedent for this?

It's just grasping at straws.?

Three dates are Universal IS odd.? ?But if they wanted to fill those arenas then they'd want to release the CD BEFORE the dates so they could build up some sales momentum.?

Releasing it at Universal City because of the name??? I'm pretty fucking skeptical.?

its not that it JUST shares the same name... universal (the company) is based out of universal city. that's why i think it's a little weird. but i do agree that it is weird for it to come out AFTER this date (the 19th) but what if they announce that its coming out on the 19th BEFORE these three shows to make sure they all sell out (if they havn't already).

and by the way... because certain topics in this thread are rehashed doesn't make the thread a "dead hose" if i STARTED a new thread called "chinese democracy release date rumours" then THAT would be a dead horse.

peace out

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
burden
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4537 on: November 30, 2006, 12:26:55 PM »

My theory is that CD will not be released until Axl puts the top 10-15 songs of everything that has been recorded on the album. ?I doubt Universal would want him to hold out on a big gun after spending $X million dollars on the album. ?If the album is a big success it won't matter what the next album has on it because people will buy it regardless assuming it has everything on it. ?Of course that would mean that Axl would have to head back to the studio at reduced rates if he wanted some big guns on the second album, this time more on Universal's terms.

Just my guess of when we will finally get a release date.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4538 on: November 30, 2006, 01:08:35 PM »

agreed
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #4539 on: November 30, 2006, 01:13:25 PM »

agreed

well...gnr hasn't released the album yet, and it's still an issue right now...if we were still talking about this after the album was released, then it would be "dead horse"...if they'd release the damn album already, we'd stop talking about it...assholes (the band, that is)
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: