Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 02:23:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228576 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 657950 times)
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4500 on: November 30, 2006, 10:15:27 AM »

For songwriting credits its 50% melody and 50% lyrics. Axl wrote both. Its just like Nov Rain and Estranged Axl wrote the music and lyrics so he has 100% of the credits, it doesnt matter if slash wrote the solos, those dont count.
i'd really like to hear nov rain and estranged without the slash solos ok be a little careful with what you say.

Even though Slash played those solos he didn't write them.? So be careful with what you say.? *lol*? Anyone could've played those solos.? ?ok
so you say that slash played note by note what axl said?? and probably that's why axl thanked him on the uyi2 for the solos in estranged?? because he didn't write them?

Ever thought it was because Slash played them extremely well? ?I am not saying that Slash didn't add his touch but maybe he didn't. ?But Axl still came up with the main riffs anyways. ? Anway I still don't believe that album is delayed because Slash wrote some stuff on it.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4501 on: November 30, 2006, 10:21:48 AM »

Here?s a little rumour I heard. The source is reliable to me, but obviously to any of you it?s just more internet gossip. I live in the UK and work in the city. I know someone who works for a multinational law firm and got to talking with them. I?ll cut a long story short here (or try to). The person I spoke to is engaged to a US lawyer who works for a lot of showbiz clients. I won?t say anything more than that about my source, but here?s the scoop:

There is a significant section amongst the material that is intended to be on Chinese Democracy that was originally worked on by now departed members of the band. This doesn?t just refer to people who have been part of the ?new? guns n roses as Axl?s henchmen (eg Buckethead). This refers to the original band members, specifically Slash, who contributed to material years ago that Axl is now proposing to include on Chinese Democracy, including some of the tracks that leaked.

Now obviously Axl has been working on the album a lot himself, but the reality is, much of what has been done over the years has simply been a constant reworking of the same material, over and over again. Some of the riffs, solos etc are therefore either traceable back to Slash, or at the very least, based on material that Slash came up with.

This is causing significant problems for Axl because, although there are no court papers relating to this yet, once the album moves towards going gold, Slash?s lawyers will come down on Axl like a ton of bricks, either demanding significant remuneration from sales, or more likely, delaying the release of the album pending any court case. The bigger problem for Axl, of course, is the possible publicity, in particular, sections of the press coming to the conclusion that he can?t create on his own, and he has to rely on old material by Slash to get by.

Anyway, like I say ? take it for what you will.

Simple reason why I don't believe that; the lawyer owes a duty to his client not to disclose any information regarding a potential case unless it's inside a court. ?If it is true, then you just got his ass fired by posting it on a message board for his clients to see. ?Not only that, but he can get disbarred and charged for disclosing confidential information regarding a client. ?So if this is true, a whole new can of worms just got opened.

not only that but the leaks have nothing to do with SLash and co

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4502 on: November 30, 2006, 10:26:19 AM »

I listened to the leaks, and I really dont hear ANY slash influence on it.. and im a HUGE slash fan... his signature guitar riffs/solos are NOWheRE to be found..

so there goes that rumor..
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #4503 on: November 30, 2006, 10:26:40 AM »

I didn't know that the leaks came with liner notes... ?Roll Eyes

Sure, it's highly unlikely that Slash or anyone else from the original band had anything to do with what we've heard so far, but I wouldn't make a 100% definite answer unless I saw the liner notes telling me who did what.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4504 on: November 30, 2006, 10:28:28 AM »

I didn't know that the leaks came with liner notes... ?Roll Eyes

Sure, it's highly unlikely that Slash or anyone else from the original band had anything to do with what we've heard so far, but I wouldn't make a 100% definite answer unless I saw the liner notes telling me who did what.

Nothing that slash/duff contributed would be on Chinese democracy..

slashs snakepit album was the new guns n roses album... axl didnt like the riffs, so slash went and released it on his own with his own band.

then he left..

according to Duff, the band only did a few demos after the spaghetti incident.. he has those in a vault somewhere...

the chinese democracy sessions started around 1998 I would say..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4505 on: November 30, 2006, 10:32:03 AM »

Ridiculous bullshit. There's no sign of Slash's trademark style on any of the new songs...  I can't really believe some of you are buying this rumour.

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #4506 on: November 30, 2006, 10:33:38 AM »

Here's why I don't believe the "Lawyers story". You preface it by saying "He's a big time entertainment lawyer" blah blah blah.. Basically sugarcoating your FOAF story (essentially, that's all it is). Then, your friend (his girlfriend) says it's because "Axl & Slash are still disputing royalties" That's so lame & old, not even worth a second thought. You could ask 90% of the non-GnR fan public & that would be their guess as to the reason for the delay "Oh, Slash wrote the songs, but won't let Axl release them". C'mon, you think in the 7 years Finck has been playing with Axl they haven't written 13 songs together??

Plus, Slash was interviewed on the radio about a year ago (when he stated he heard some of the Album, then Axl stated he hadn't seen him for years) and Slash has basically been supportive of Axl, & has been enthusiastic about hearing CD.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:36:50 AM by pasnow » Logged
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #4507 on: November 30, 2006, 10:36:09 AM »

another day covered in silence  hihi
If iw wouldn't be that sad it would be amusing.....

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4508 on: November 30, 2006, 10:36:52 AM »

=== NEWSFLASH ===

Mysteron already said the lawyer story was "nonsense". ?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4509 on: November 30, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »

you can only copyright lyrics and melodies. ?riffs and various guitar parts could be replayed by current members without any problems, that is if any of this is true....

This rumor is bs, but you're wrong about this. Riffs are definitely something that can be copywritten, although you have to use more than 8 bars to infringe on the copyright. Nevertheless, I can't believe that you guys are even talking about this.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4510 on: November 30, 2006, 10:49:30 AM »

riffs are copyrighted.  Joohn Fogerty was taken to court because his riff from down the road sounded like green river.  He was on a different label and didn't have the rights to green river(creedence song he wrote) so the label took him to court.  They lost.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4511 on: November 30, 2006, 10:49:39 AM »

Off topic, take it somewhere else.

There's no new rumored release dates are there?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4512 on: November 30, 2006, 10:50:27 AM »

Edit: Just saw Jarmo's post.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:52:28 AM by Juanjay » Logged
cmpaller
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4513 on: November 30, 2006, 10:53:15 AM »

ACtually SLash created the beginning of SCOM.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4514 on: November 30, 2006, 10:54:46 AM »

Are you guys interested in the topic at all are all you just ruining it for fun?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4515 on: November 30, 2006, 10:56:42 AM »

Are you guys interested in the topic at all are all you just ruining it for fun?

/jarmo

THANK YOU! It seems like everyday I check this thread and recently I've had to pade through tons of Dead Horse issues with little to no talk about the release date.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4516 on: November 30, 2006, 11:00:22 AM »

/jarmo

Unfortunetly there has not been any good rumors to discuss or the ones lately are such garbage even us crazy fans can see right threw them.

Hey Jarmo you got any good info you can feed us to get us back on track with some gossip hihi We know you know? hihi We are watching you? Shocked Come on you can tell us, just between us friends.? Roll Eyes

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #4517 on: November 30, 2006, 11:07:23 AM »

BACK to chinese democracy if we could....

as it was said a few pages back by sorum_is_a_stiff (great name by the way; i hate sorum in that vh1 G n R behind the music... what an arrogent ass) i find it very ironic that the three shows before december 19th are in UNIVERSAL city, california. this could be a great opportunity for universal/g n r to release the album (in such a controlled environment). add in the fact that izzy is rumoured to be at a few of these shows. i don't know, i guess i am still VERY optimistic  that the album will be out in 2006. anyways i thought this rumour could get us back onto chinese democracy.

peace out

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #4518 on: November 30, 2006, 11:27:43 AM »

Here's a crazy rumor ? Chinese Democracy isn't coming out. It's just an imaginary album created so that GNR wouldn't loose its alure. It's just a marketing tool for GNR tours.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4519 on: November 30, 2006, 11:34:43 AM »

I am still optimistic. Why are many of you stating that the album CAN NOT be released on the 19th or the 26th?

I remember Jimmy Iovine released one of Jay Z's biggest albums on a December 26th because he wanted the artist to have the 1st number one album of the new year.

peace
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: