Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 04:22:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228576 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658017 times)
EFISH
« Reply #4460 on: November 29, 2006, 06:09:50 PM »

The real question is, are people who cant spend a few bucks for an album, and have to download it really FANS?  hihi
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4461 on: November 29, 2006, 06:22:52 PM »

Mysteron, with all due respect, as much as I appreciate how much you provide for us (and you do, where appropriate), how in the blue hell can you be privy to info regarding writing contributions?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #4462 on: November 29, 2006, 06:30:13 PM »

its COMING GUYS its COMING !!!!!!!!!!!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ?BELLLIIIEEEVVVEEEEE !!!!!!

you have to admit we are on the verge of gettin CD even if its not lookin too good for this year. everything points to it ?yes . those of you who keep blabbing about "being let down" really need to get out more. personally i dont want CD until its as good as its ever gonna be. remember this band has only really been together a short time and poeple really need to get used to it being Axl,Robin,Ron,Fortus,Tommy,Dizzy,Chris and Brain/Frank and NOT slash n co.i think now word has gotten about that there is a NEW band behind Axl that put on an awsome live show,then its the right time for the album to drop. ?ive always believed that Axl has to put old GNR to rest before releasing this album and with this tour,he has. ?2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 were all the years that were buryin old GNR.now that era has been put behind us,we the fans,Axl and the rest of GNR can move on with this ride!!!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?ROCK ON ?hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
fixintodie
« Reply #4463 on: November 29, 2006, 06:42:50 PM »

you have to admit we are on the verge of gettin CD even if its not lookin too good for this year. everything points to it ?yes . those of you who keep blabbing about "being let down" really need to get out more. personally i dont want CD until its as good as its ever gonna be. remember this band has only really been together a short time and poeple really need to get used to it being Axl,Robin,Ron,Fortus,Tommy,Dizzy,Chris and Brain/Frank and NOT slash n co.i think now word has gotten about that there is a NEW band behind Axl that put on an awsome live show,then its the right time for the album to drop. ?ive always believed that Axl has to put old GNR to rest before releasing this album and with this tour,he has. ?2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 were all the years that were buryin old GNR.now that era has been put behind us,we the fans,Axl and the rest of GNR can move on with this ride!!!!

We were told that it was coming this year. It seems it isn't. We are let down.

5 years of inactivity is not required to 'bury' the old band. Releasing one album with the new guys, is.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4464 on: November 29, 2006, 06:46:07 PM »

Actually they are closing in on being together longer than the original band at this point!
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #4465 on: November 29, 2006, 06:48:43 PM »

the original band didnt have anything to bury.thats why any sooner than now or the NEAR future would have been to soon  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #4466 on: November 29, 2006, 07:03:37 PM »

Here?s a little rumour I heard. The source is reliable to me, but obviously to any of you it?s just more internet gossip. I live in the UK and work in the city. I know someone who works for a multinational law firm and got to talking with them. I?ll cut a long story short here (or try to). The person I spoke to is engaged to a US lawyer who works for a lot of showbiz clients. I won?t say anything more than that about my source, but here?s the scoop:

There is a significant section amongst the material that is intended to be on Chinese Democracy that was originally worked on by now departed members of the band. This doesn?t just refer to people who have been part of the ?new? guns n roses as Axl?s henchmen (eg Buckethead). This refers to the original band members, specifically Slash, who contributed to material years ago that Axl is now proposing to include on Chinese Democracy, including some of the tracks that leaked.

Now obviously Axl has been working on the album a lot himself, but the reality is, much of what has been done over the years has simply been a constant reworking of the same material, over and over again. Some of the riffs, solos etc are therefore either traceable back to Slash, or at the very least, based on material that Slash came up with.

This is causing significant problems for Axl because, although there are no court papers relating to this yet, once the album moves towards going gold, Slash?s lawyers will come down on Axl like a ton of bricks, either demanding significant remuneration from sales, or more likely, delaying the release of the album pending any court case. The bigger problem for Axl, of course, is the possible publicity, in particular, sections of the press coming to the conclusion that he can?t create on his own, and he has to rely on old material by Slash to get by.

Anyway, like I say ? take it for what you will.

Fuck, just scrap the songs that Slash had input on! How hard is that?

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4467 on: November 29, 2006, 07:06:46 PM »

welll what songs did slash have original input or concepts and ideas , is the qeustion ...

I call bullshit on that rumor
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4468 on: November 29, 2006, 07:13:11 PM »

It's hard to not call bullshi$ on anything that relates to the band these days.

You can't even trust the official press releases and the bands management in particular.

TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #4469 on: November 29, 2006, 07:20:57 PM »

I'm still confident in a 2006 release. Axl stated it would be out this year, and so I'll believe until Dec 26th.
King Axl
Rocker

« Reply #4470 on: November 29, 2006, 07:24:36 PM »

It's hard to not call bullshi$ on anything that relates to the band these days.

You can't even trust the official press releases and the bands management in particular.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd just say that nothing is ever as it seems in the world of Guns N' Roses.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
King Axl
Rocker

« Reply #4471 on: November 29, 2006, 07:25:55 PM »

I'm still confident in a 2006 release. Axl stated it would be out this year, and so I'll believe until Dec 26th.

I lost a lot of my confidence after November 21st passed.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4472 on: November 29, 2006, 07:31:29 PM »

Come on, flicknn, even I can tell that is nonsense.? mysteron cleared it up. thanks

when and who ever told you to wait?? Huh
Merk and Axl when they said it was coming out in 2006 and that there were only x number of tuesdays left ok

Then only this year. from may? They didn't even tell us to wait tho. You are waiting because you decided to do so of your own accord. ok

you can be naive as you like, they said this year, that means we (the fans) are waiting, let not get into a debate on who can turn something someone said into something completely different.

if your in a restaurant, the dude comes over, takes your order.

he says it should be 15 mins

then you WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

for fucks sake stop defending this so blindly no
rather be a naive know-nothing than a damn knowitall. Defending what?

We are not in a restaurant. No one took our order or said 15 minutes.
Save that we know the restaurant has a great team of chefs and will start to serve a new course very soon.

If you are not waiting then why do you keep visiting this thread and posting in it? Is merk paying you to do this?

Again I don't wait till I hear the exact date. I look forward to the album.
I like this band and the new songs probably more than anyone on this board does.? that's why I come here.
Money can't buy that.

cmon dude , what makes him think it is nonsense , I can understand a average member here posting that , but what makes mysteron think that , since he has inside info on guns n roses ?Obviously he is knowing alitte more to disagree with hat statement

My guess is mysteron knows what the holdup is but can't tell us. I appreciate that he tells us as much as he does, so I'd leave him alone.

Nicely said.

emanc93
Banned
Headliner

Here in hell tomorrow in.....

« Reply #4473 on: November 29, 2006, 07:37:34 PM »

MTV talked about GNR and the sitaution with EODM. I beleive this is the start  og Chinese Democracy coming out soon since it wasn't big news.

King Axl
Rocker

« Reply #4474 on: November 29, 2006, 07:43:09 PM »

MTV talked about GNR and the sitaution with EODM. I beleive this is the start? og Chinese Democracy coming out soon since it wasn't big news.

MTV is more interested in Eagles Of Death Metal than GN'R, I have no doubt about that. They're the type of shit band a la Nickelback that MTV embraces. Why that fucking network bothers to try doing music news these days with it's stupid reality TV shows on 24/7 is beyond me. rant 

fixintodie
« Reply #4475 on: November 29, 2006, 08:01:48 PM »

MTV talked about GNR and the sitaution with EODM. I beleive this is the start? og Chinese Democracy coming out soon since it wasn't big news.

How the hell does the situation with EODM being mentioned on MTV mean Chinese Democracy is coming out soon?
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #4476 on: November 29, 2006, 08:30:08 PM »

When does this bullshit end?

You DO NOT SAY "X Tuesdays in '06 and Chinese Democracy will come out on one of them" and then just not release it and leave fans hanging. Fuck Merck, he sucks.

Now it's going to be "summer of '07" and then "fall of '07" and then we get to 2008 and it's the same shit for that year.

This isn't a question about not being loyal or understanding, this is a question of being misled, of treating your most loyal fans like tools. If Guns N' Roses comes to MA again without an album or at least an album release date, I will NOT go.

The leaks are great, as good as AFD or UYI in my opinion, so just release the fucking thing. Waiting another six months or a year or tinkering on it for another few months wont make it any better and wont help sales any.

The time has come to stop dicking around and put out the album.

My thoughts too ok

That's where I'm coming from too. If they said something about the album NO ONE would have to worry about rumors and there would be nothin to have to "shutdown" or censor.

I'm not seeing a show until they announce a release date or a REAL update, at least, and I guarantee you if other people did the same you would hear something official.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4477 on: November 29, 2006, 08:58:13 PM »

When does this bullshit end?

You DO NOT SAY "X Tuesdays in '06 and Chinese Democracy will come out on one of them" and then just not release it and leave fans hanging. Fuck Merck, he sucks.

Now it's going to be "summer of '07" and then "fall of '07" and then we get to 2008 and it's the same shit for that year.

This isn't a question about not being loyal or understanding, this is a question of being misled, of treating your most loyal fans like tools. If Guns N' Roses comes to MA again without an album or at least an album release date, I will NOT go.

The leaks are great, as good as AFD or UYI in my opinion, so just release the fucking thing. Waiting another six months or a year or tinkering on it for another few months wont make it any better and wont help sales any.

The time has come to stop dicking around and put out the album.

My thoughts too ok

That's where I'm coming from too. If they said something about the album NO ONE would have to worry about rumors and there would be nothin to have to "shutdown" or censor.

I'm not seeing a show until they announce a release date or a REAL update, at least, and I guarantee you if other people did the same you would hear something official.

I agree.  Even though I went to a concert last week.   Embarrassed
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4478 on: November 29, 2006, 11:27:08 PM »

Yeah, watching Lars Ulrich hand a book of his fans' names to a federal judge didn't exactly do it for me.? i, for one, still think a 2006 release is possible.? i guess i'm a sucker, but i still believe in uncle axl.

Lars fucked over those loyal fans. They built them into the machine they became . Without the tape traders and all , where the fuck would Metallica be ? People make fun of Ulrich and the band because they became rich , pompus p-ssies. The saddest moment was when I heard they hired a therapist and did sessions while they recorded the album. Talk about complete failing.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4479 on: November 29, 2006, 11:39:25 PM »

Yeah, watching Lars Ulrich hand a book of his fans' names to a federal judge didn't exactly do it for me.  i, for one, still think a 2006 release is possible.  i guess i'm a sucker, but i still believe in uncle axl.

Lars fucked over those loyal fans. They built them into the machine they became . Without the tape traders and all , where the fuck would Metallica be ? People make fun of Ulrich and the band because they became rich , pompus p-ssies. The saddest moment was when I heard they hired a therapist and did sessions while they recorded the album. Talk about complete failing.

ALOT OF BANDS HAVE HIRED THAT SAME THERAPISTS , EVEN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAMS HAVE HIRED HIM , YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED TO SEE WHO HAS BENEFITED FROM HIM.

Second of all Metallica has sold nearly 110.00.000 records world wide in 25 years , bootlegging consists of olny 2% of their average arena crowd.

Third , you know nothing about the napster thing , a unreleased studio song ( I dissappear ) leaked onto napster. Lars did what was right ,Maybe we can put a napster sticker on your girlfreind or wife or Mom and share her ? Now look at the record industry , if you push 500,000 copys ( thanxs to the digital age ) you are big time.

I am not calling you out ,  but don't just start false pretenses about Metallica .
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 11:43:59 PM by flicknn » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: