Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 04:26:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228576 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658031 times)
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4440 on: November 29, 2006, 04:01:29 PM »

Nonsense

Hey Merck how do you know that?

He is not merck but he someone well connected. He has his finger on the pulse of this board that is for sure.

Please don't tell me who he is, i'm here a bit longer that you. OK?!

Relax, he was just trying to be nice
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #4441 on: November 29, 2006, 04:03:53 PM »

Nonsense

Hey Merck how do you know that?

He is not merck but he someone well connected. He has his finger on the pulse of this board that is for sure.

Please don't tell me who he is, i'm here a little bit longer that you. OK?!

yeah, and you got it wrong dude, im not trying to make myself seem knowledgable or you a dumbass, there's just no need to get defensive, the guy tried to help.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4442 on: November 29, 2006, 04:06:28 PM »

Here?s a little rumour I heard. The source is reliable to me, but obviously to any of you it?s just more internet gossip. I live in the UK and work in the city. I know someone who works for a multinational law firm and got to talking with them. I?ll cut a long story short here (or try to). The person I spoke to is engaged to a US lawyer who works for a lot of showbiz clients. I won?t say anything more than that about my source, but here?s the scoop:

There is a significant section amongst the material that is intended to be on Chinese Democracy that was originally worked on by now departed members of the band. This doesn?t just refer to people who have been part of the ?new? guns n roses as Axl?s henchmen (eg Buckethead). This refers to the original band members, specifically Slash, who contributed to material years ago that Axl is now proposing to include on Chinese Democracy, including some of the tracks that leaked.

Now obviously Axl has been working on the album a lot himself, but the reality is, much of what has been done over the years has simply been a constant reworking of the same material, over and over again. Some of the riffs, solos etc are therefore either traceable back to Slash, or at the very least, based on material that Slash came up with.

This is causing significant problems for Axl because, although there are no court papers relating to this yet, once the album moves towards going gold, Slash?s lawyers will come down on Axl like a ton of bricks, either demanding significant remuneration from sales, or more likely, delaying the release of the album pending any court case. The bigger problem for Axl, of course, is the possible publicity, in particular, sections of the press coming to the conclusion that he can?t create on his own, and he has to rely on old material by Slash to get by.

Anyway, like I say ? take it for what you will.

Nonsense

Obviously. That is the most far-fetched and ridiculous rumor that I've heard so far.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4443 on: November 29, 2006, 04:10:15 PM »

Here?s a little rumour I heard. The source is reliable to me, but obviously to any of you it?s just more internet gossip. I live in the UK and work in the city. I know someone who works for a multinational law firm and got to talking with them. I?ll cut a long story short here (or try to). The person I spoke to is engaged to a US lawyer who works for a lot of showbiz clients. I won?t say anything more than that about my source, but here?s the scoop:

There is a significant section amongst the material that is intended to be on Chinese Democracy that was originally worked on by now departed members of the band. This doesn?t just refer to people who have been part of the ?new? guns n roses as Axl?s henchmen (eg Buckethead). This refers to the original band members, specifically Slash, who contributed to material years ago that Axl is now proposing to include on Chinese Democracy, including some of the tracks that leaked.

Now obviously Axl has been working on the album a lot himself, but the reality is, much of what has been done over the years has simply been a constant reworking of the same material, over and over again. Some of the riffs, solos etc are therefore either traceable back to Slash, or at the very least, based on material that Slash came up with.

This is causing significant problems for Axl because, although there are no court papers relating to this yet, once the album moves towards going gold, Slash?s lawyers will come down on Axl like a ton of bricks, either demanding significant remuneration from sales, or more likely, delaying the release of the album pending any court case. The bigger problem for Axl, of course, is the possible publicity, in particular, sections of the press coming to the conclusion that he can?t create on his own, and he has to rely on old material by Slash to get by.

Nonsense

then since you think that is nonsense meaning you may know a little more , actually alot more , What is holding the album up ?
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #4444 on: November 29, 2006, 04:21:34 PM »

This will all come out in due course.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4445 on: November 29, 2006, 04:25:41 PM »

I have a question for both jarmo and Mysteron.  At what point or what date will you give up hope on a 2006 release?  Or have you given up yet?  Thanks guys.  beer
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4446 on: November 29, 2006, 04:28:28 PM »

Come on, flicknn, even I can tell that is nonsense.  mysteron cleared it up. thanks

when and who ever told you to wait?  Huh
Merk and Axl when they said it was coming out in 2006 and that there were only x number of tuesdays left ok

Then only this year. from may? They didn't even tell us to wait tho. You are waiting because you decided to do so of your own accord. ok

you can be naive as you like, they said this year, that means we (the fans) are waiting, let not get into a debate on who can turn something someone said into something completely different.

if your in a restaurant, the dude comes over, takes your order.

he says it should be 15 mins

then you WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

for fucks sake stop defending this so blindly no
rather be a naive know-nothing than a damn knowitall. Defending what?

We are not in a restaurant. No one took our order or said 15 minutes.
Save that we know the restaurant has a great team of chefs and will start to serve a new course very soon.

If you are not waiting then why do you keep visiting this thread and posting in it? Is merk paying you to do this?

Again I don't wait till I hear the exact date. I look forward to the album.
I like this band and the new songs probably more than anyone on this board does.  that's why I come here.
Money can't buy that.
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4447 on: November 29, 2006, 04:31:51 PM »

Come on, flicknn, even I can tell that is nonsense.? mysteron cleared it up. thanks

when and who ever told you to wait?? Huh
Merk and Axl when they said it was coming out in 2006 and that there were only x number of tuesdays left ok

Then only this year. from may? They didn't even tell us to wait tho. You are waiting because you decided to do so of your own accord. ok

you can be naive as you like, they said this year, that means we (the fans) are waiting, let not get into a debate on who can turn something someone said into something completely different.

then you WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Save that we know the restaurant has a great team of chefs and will start to serve a new course very soon.

If you are not waiting then why do you keep visiting this thread and posting in it? Is merk paying you to do this?

I like this band and the new songs probably more than anyone on this board does.? that's why I come here.
Money can't buy that.

This thread is called "the CD release date rumor thread" so if your not waiting for the CD you are in the wrong place
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4448 on: November 29, 2006, 04:32:27 PM »

Come on, flicknn, even I can tell that is nonsense.  mysteron cleared it up. thanks

when and who ever told you to wait?  Huh

then you WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

I like this band and the new songs probably more than anyone on this board does.  that's why I come here.
Money can't buy that.

cmon dude , what makes him think it is nonsense , I can understand a average member here posting that , but what makes mysteron think that , since he has inside info on guns n roses ?Obviously he is knowing alitte more to disagree with hat statement
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4449 on: November 29, 2006, 04:36:01 PM »

Come on, flicknn, even I can tell that is nonsense.? mysteron cleared it up. thanks

when and who ever told you to wait?? Huh

then you WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

I like this band and the new songs probably more than anyone on this board does.? that's why I come here.
Money can't buy that.

cmon dude , what makes him think it is nonsense , I can understand a average member here posting that , but what makes mysteron think that , since he has inside info on guns n roses ?Obviously he is knowing alitte more to disagree with hat statement

My guess is mysteron knows what the holdup is but can't tell us. I appreciate that he tells us as much as he does, so I'd leave him alone.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4450 on: November 29, 2006, 04:42:21 PM »

What could make mysteron think it wasn't nonsense? Huh

This thread is called "the CD release date rumor thread" so if your not waiting for the CD you are in the wrong place

As I said I look forward to cd.
And this thread is "the CD release date rumor thread"  and not "the wait for cd" thread.
posts about the frustration and waiting should go
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=4e9445e5d71eeaa142e116d805fc0412&topic=40325.0
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4451 on: November 29, 2006, 04:45:08 PM »

And this thread is "the CD release date rumor thread"? and not "the wait for cd" thread.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=4e9445e5d71eeaa142e116d805fc0412&topic=40325.0

Are hoping that if you keep up this blind faith attitude that merk might take you under his wing and give you backstage passes or something? You're not jarmo and your not mysteron, because although they support the band they are cleaver and honest with themselves and us.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4452 on: November 29, 2006, 05:11:40 PM »

When does this bullshit end?

You DO NOT SAY "X Tuesdays in '06 and Chinese Democracy will come out on one of them" and then just not release it and leave fans hanging. Fuck Merck, he sucks.

Now it's going to be "summer of '07" and then "fall of '07" and then we get to 2008 and it's the same shit for that year.

This isn't a question about not being loyal or understanding, this is a question of being misled, of treating your most loyal fans like tools. If Guns N' Roses comes to MA again without an album or at least an album release date, I will NOT go.

The leaks are great, as good as AFD or UYI in my opinion, so just release the fucking thing. Waiting another six months or a year or tinkering on it for another few months wont make it any better and wont help sales any.

The time has come to stop dicking around and put out the album.

My thoughts too ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4453 on: November 29, 2006, 05:11:58 PM »

And this thread is "the CD release date rumor thread"  and not "the wait for cd" thread.

Are hoping that if you keep up this blind faith attitude that merk might take you under his wing and give you backstage passes or something? You're not jarmo and your not mysteron, because although they support the band they are cleaver and honest with themselves and us.

Who said I was those people? What blind faith I should have?
Yet you are calling me thick and dishonest? You don't make sense.

Basically your post has nothing to do with this thread.
Now you're completly in a wrong place. Not that I would'nt ignore you if you pmed me tho.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4454 on: November 29, 2006, 05:36:55 PM »

fuck Chinese Democracy, I don't care anymore. If it's out sometime, nice, I'll buy it, if not, I don't give a damn anymore.
I'm tired of hearing promises, rumors & lies! It only gives me (big) dissapointments in a band which makes music I like the best.

So a big "Fuck You" to Axl & GN'R management about the way they handle the fans, they just don't care, or at least don't show it (enough) to us by making some official statements about the band's situation nor Chinese Democracy.
Just check some other 'big' bands out there: Metallica, U2, ...etc now they respect their fans. If you give respect then, you'll deserve & get some respect back!!!

I'll keep on listening to the (known) gn'r music the, likely still go to other shows but for the rest, at this time I don't give a fuck anymore about this band.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #4455 on: November 29, 2006, 05:42:12 PM »

^ Well, leave then. Yes, I'm sure most of us will be heartbroken over your departure at first, but I think eventually both us and you will heal and accept that somethings paths split.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4456 on: November 29, 2006, 05:45:43 PM »

Metallica, U2, ...etc now they respect their fans. If you give respect then, you'll deserve & get some respect back!!!

Umm...didn't Metallica sue their fans?  Mad respect, that!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Hysteron
« Reply #4457 on: November 29, 2006, 06:02:37 PM »

Metallica, U2, ...etc now they respect their fans. If you give respect then, you'll deserve & get some respect back!!!

Umm...didn't Metallica sue their fans?? Mad respect, that!

After that, do Metallica still have any fans left?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4458 on: November 29, 2006, 06:03:21 PM »

I still like 'em...then again, I didn't get sued.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4459 on: November 29, 2006, 06:08:37 PM »

Yeah, watching Lars Ulrich hand a book of his fans' names to a federal judge didn't exactly do it for me.  i, for one, still think a 2006 release is possible.  i guess i'm a sucker, but i still believe in uncle axl.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: