Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 06:23:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228578 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658114 times)
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4420 on: November 29, 2006, 03:13:27 PM »

seriously, I am sure it will be out when there will be no way for it to jeopardise Guns N' Roses future... it is Axl's & new band vision and there is a reason it is or it is not coming in 2006. listen to some other good music, watch a good movie, make love or just enjoy life... ?

? You realize how sick us fans are of hearing this reasoniong? We have been told to wait,wait,and wait some more we have been out to there concerts alot of ppl more to one this past year we have supported axl and this band.Axl is the one who was on mtv saying out this year merck is the one who posted and said out this year.I personally am sick of excuses I am sick of hearing be patient do something else.If the CD is not ready not good enough or whatever the hell else then cancel the tour carry your asses back into the studio and get it finished.

That's a good point. Why are they touring if the cd is not finished?
demonscars
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4421 on: November 29, 2006, 03:14:38 PM »

I can't wait until many years from now someone decides to write a book that actually tells us everything that went on during this whole CD ordeal.  It'd be a good read.

Seriously though I see no chance of a 2006 release and I'm doubting 2007 already.  I don't doubt that we'll hear rumours about it coming out in 2007 though, probably directly from management.  I don't think the whole tour has been a stunt.  I do think that they had intentions of putting it out very late this year (late November/December) but something or maybe a few somethings happened and everything ground to a halt.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4422 on: November 29, 2006, 03:19:25 PM »

when and who ever told you to wait?  Huh

Merk and Axl when they said it was coming out in 2006 and that there were only x number of tuesdays left ok

Then only this year. from may? They didn't even tell us to wait tho. You are waiting because you decided to do so of your own accord. ok
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4423 on: November 29, 2006, 03:20:59 PM »

when and who ever told you to wait?? Huh

Merk and Axl when they said it was coming out in 2006 and that there were only x number of tuesdays left ok

Then only this year. from may? They didn't even tell us to wait tho. You are waiting because you decided to do so of your own accord. ok

If you are not waiting then why do you keep visiting this thread and posting in it? Is merk paying you to do this?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #4424 on: November 29, 2006, 03:24:34 PM »

Here?s a little rumour I heard. The source is reliable to me, but obviously to any of you it?s just more internet gossip. I live in the UK and work in the city. I know someone who works for a multinational law firm and got to talking with them. I?ll cut a long story short here (or try to). The person I spoke to is engaged to a US lawyer who works for a lot of showbiz clients. I won?t say anything more than that about my source, but here?s the scoop:

There is a significant section amongst the material that is intended to be on Chinese Democracy that was originally worked on by now departed members of the band. This doesn?t just refer to people who have been part of the ?new? guns n roses as Axl?s henchmen (eg Buckethead). This refers to the original band members, specifically Slash, who contributed to material years ago that Axl is now proposing to include on Chinese Democracy, including some of the tracks that leaked.

Now obviously Axl has been working on the album a lot himself, but the reality is, much of what has been done over the years has simply been a constant reworking of the same material, over and over again. Some of the riffs, solos etc are therefore either traceable back to Slash, or at the very least, based on material that Slash came up with.

This is causing significant problems for Axl because, although there are no court papers relating to this yet, once the album moves towards going gold, Slash?s lawyers will come down on Axl like a ton of bricks, either demanding significant remuneration from sales, or more likely, delaying the release of the album pending any court case. The bigger problem for Axl, of course, is the possible publicity, in particular, sections of the press coming to the conclusion that he can?t create on his own, and he has to rely on old material by Slash to get by.

Anyway, like I say ? take it for what you will.

Nonsense
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #4425 on: November 29, 2006, 03:26:33 PM »

when and who ever told you to wait? Huh?

If you are not waiting then why do you keep visiting this thread and posting in it? Is merk paying you to do this?

you can be naive as you like, they said this year, that means we (the fans) are waiting, let not get into a debate on who can turn something someone said into something completely different.

if your in a restaurant, the dude comes over, takes your order.

he says it should be 15 mins

then you WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

for fucks sake stop defending this so blindly no

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4426 on: November 29, 2006, 03:30:31 PM »

Here?s a little rumour I heard. The source is reliable to me, but obviously to any of you it?s just more internet gossip. I live in the UK and work in the city. I know someone who works for a multinational law firm and got to talking with them. I?ll cut a long story short here (or try to). The person I spoke to is engaged to a US lawyer who works for a lot of showbiz clients. I won?t say anything more than that about my source, but here?s the scoop:

There is a significant section amongst the material that is intended to be on Chinese Democracy that was originally worked on by now departed members of the band. This doesn?t just refer to people who have been part of the ?new? guns n roses as Axl?s henchmen (eg Buckethead). This refers to the original band members, specifically Slash, who contributed to material years ago that Axl is now proposing to include on Chinese Democracy, including some of the tracks that leaked.

Now obviously Axl has been working on the album a lot himself, but the reality is, much of what has been done over the years has simply been a constant reworking of the same material, over and over again. Some of the riffs, solos etc are therefore either traceable back to Slash, or at the very least, based on material that Slash came up with.

This is causing significant problems for Axl because, although there are no court papers relating to this yet, once the album moves towards going gold, Slash?s lawyers will come down on Axl like a ton of bricks, either demanding significant remuneration from sales, or more likely, delaying the release of the album pending any court case. The bigger problem for Axl, of course, is the possible publicity, in particular, sections of the press coming to the conclusion that he can?t create on his own, and he has to rely on old material by Slash to get by.

That's the funniest rumor I have heard in a long time... rofl

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #4427 on: November 29, 2006, 03:31:06 PM »

it's seems like all issues such as this should've been worked out legally by now...i mean, they've had 10 years to do this shit...

but this is gnr, so i wouldn't be surprised if there is some issue with former band members wanting more money from CD...

in that case...............we're back to square one..............it'll be another 15 years before all of that gets worked out, if at all.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #4428 on: November 29, 2006, 03:31:27 PM »

Nonsense

Thanks... Smiley
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4429 on: November 29, 2006, 03:37:20 PM »

it's seems like all issues such as this should've been worked out legally by now...i mean, they've had 10 years to do this shit...

but this is gnr, so i wouldn't be surprised if there is some issue with former band members wanting more money from CD...

in that case...............we're back to square one..............it'll be another 15 years before all of that gets worked out, if at all.

As mysteron already said it is nonsence so please do not reapeat thta BS rumor elsewhere.  That story is so f'd how could you even begin to belive that one.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4430 on: November 29, 2006, 03:43:40 PM »

I hear Tracii Guns has 2 songwriting credits on it too
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #4431 on: November 29, 2006, 03:46:27 PM »

i heard merck has been drafted in as a third keyboard player. he does the samples of the MLK in madagascar beer

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Saboteur
« Reply #4432 on: November 29, 2006, 03:46:49 PM »

Nonsense

Hey Merck how do you know that?
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #4433 on: November 29, 2006, 03:50:57 PM »

As mysteron already said it is nonsence so please do not reapeat thta BS rumor elsewhere. That story is so f'd how could you even begin to belive that one.

Very Interesting!! Huh

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4434 on: November 29, 2006, 03:51:12 PM »

Not that Jarmo has anything to do with it but this board is watched 24hours a day by the band or there people. I love it. ?hihi

As soon a shit is stirred up they know when to speak up. You got to love it.

This is the best board on the net. ?peace

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4435 on: November 29, 2006, 03:52:15 PM »

Nonsense

He is not merck but he someone well connected. He has his finger on the pulse of this board that is for sure.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4436 on: November 29, 2006, 03:52:43 PM »

Did we get any official or any other word on the "re-printing the album art"?!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4437 on: November 29, 2006, 03:53:38 PM »

Did we get any official or any other word on the "re-printing the album art"?!

no just more specualtion rumors from what i have heard

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4438 on: November 29, 2006, 03:59:35 PM »

didnt anyone ask merck about it?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Saboteur
« Reply #4439 on: November 29, 2006, 03:59:52 PM »

Nonsense

He is not merck but he someone well connected. He has his finger on the pulse of this board that is for sure.

Please don't tell me who he is, i'm here a little bit longer than you. OK?!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 04:20:59 PM by Saboteur » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: