Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 06:15:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228578 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658077 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4400 on: November 29, 2006, 01:22:11 PM »

Oneway, nobody knows what's done or not done. There is absolutely no confirmation that a record is tracklisted and done-Final tracklist. That is sometimes not set until a few weeks before release. If they have 32 songs, then things are still up in the air. Wink

Sadly, you are correct, fine sir....
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4401 on: November 29, 2006, 01:24:38 PM »

Tommy, Robin, Richard & Dizzy must have a lot of patience.

It's amazing the amount of patience money can buy. Let's not feel sorry for these guys, as they are touring the world and being paid well to do it.

They are supposed to be in a band. If they can't put enough pressure on or stand up to their fellow bandmate to carry his own weight and finish the album than that is no one's fault but their own we still have no album. We probably still would be waiting on the Illusions if the former members hadn't told him enough at some point. There is nothing stopping any of the current members from doing the same thing right now.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4402 on: November 29, 2006, 01:24:58 PM »

There's two types of waiting. The one you had as a kid until Christmas finally arrived, and the one you got as a teenager, wondering when the fuck the girl would give it up. Right now Axl remind me more of the bitch than he does Santa. I'm gonna be a virgin forever this keeps up.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #4403 on: November 29, 2006, 01:26:44 PM »

Tommy, Robin, Richard & Dizzy must have a lot of patience.

It's amazing the amount of patience money can buy. Let's not feel sorry for these guys, as they are touring the world and being paid well to do it.

They are supposed to be in a band. If they can't put enough pressure on or stand up to their fellow bandmate to carry his own weight and finish the album than that is no one's fault but their own we still have no album. We probably still would be waiting on the Illusions if the former members hadn't told him enough at some point. There is nothing stopping any of the current members from doing the same thing right now.

God bless those guys, because they have stood by while for the most part they get dragged through the mud because Axl can't get CD out.

oneway23
VIP

« Reply #4404 on: November 29, 2006, 01:29:20 PM »

There's two types of waiting. The one you had as a kid until Christmas finally arrived, and the one you got as a teenager, wondering when the fuck the girl would give it up. Right now Axl remind me more of the bitch than he does Santa. I'm gonna be a virgin forever this keeps up.

One of the classic posts this year....Cheers for making a miserable day at work a tad brighter....blue balls getting you down, eh?
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4405 on: November 29, 2006, 01:29:46 PM »

I have to say that is funny shit right there ?rofl

I'm not leaving this thread until the CD is released or we get some official word. ?hihi

or its time to go home and log in on my home pc Roll Eyes

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #4406 on: November 29, 2006, 01:40:54 PM »

This whole process is a double-edged sword.

The people who aren't pissed yet say "Oh, just be happy that they're out on the road, and they're around again.  The CD will come out soon enough." 

However, I think I'm beginning to sway into the other camp, which is "You know what?  I saw this band 3 times in NYC in May, and again in the Garden a couple of months ago.  It was the same show.  Without a new album, and new/different songs from the album, I'm not going again."

If you don't believe that's true, I have 4 friends who are pretty big fans of Gn'R, and didn't see them the last time they were here, because they knew it would be the same show.  There's only going to be so many cities they can play without CD coming out, before they start losing money on this tour.   

For example, I'm a casual fan of Motley Crue.  But as a casual fan, I couldn't tell you one thing that's going on with them right now, and I don't care for their new stuff.  I saw them this past summer, and that will satisfy me for years.  That's what I'm afraid Gn'R's fan base will turn into if they don't move on something soon.
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4407 on: November 29, 2006, 01:43:09 PM »

We have to face the facts: Regardless of when this album comes out (2006 or 2007), it will be difficult, though not impossible, to recapture GNR's 80's glory. No matter how good the record is, the music industry has changed and so to has the way it is promoted. Nevermind that GNR will be stigmitized as either a classic rock act or hair metal band, and neither sell new records extraordinarily well.

So, if I were Merck or Axl's advisor I recommend this:

- Announce to fans that CD is finished, but unfortunately they can't get it out this year and promote it effectively. It is not the record company's fault, the tour's fault, it isn't legal problems. Plain and simple, it is the band's fault.
- That being said: We could hastily put it out and keep our promise, but we don't believe it would be the best way to reach new fans. Instead, we are going to hold onto CD until such-and-such a date and PROMOTE IT RIGHT!
- To hold you over, here is the track listing. Moreover, we are going to make this a dual-disc with live concert footage, the making of CD, or (what-ever). Maybe 5.1 surround sound.
- The simple formula of single release + album release doesn't work. We have lined up songs to be in TV shows, Movies, IPOD commercials, ring-tones . . . We can't count on radio. We need to line all these things up.

But, I don't ?have faith that GNR will do the right thing - according to me anyway.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #4408 on: November 29, 2006, 01:48:53 PM »

We have to face the facts: Regardless of when this album comes out (2006 or 2007), it will be difficult, though not impossible, to recapture GNR's 80's glory. No matter how good the record is, the music industry has changed and so to has the way it is promoted. Nevermind that GNR will be stigmitized as either a classic rock act or hair metal band, and neither sell new records extraordinarily well.

So, if I were Merck or Axl's advisor I recommend this:

- Announce to fans that CD is finished, but unfortunately they can't get it out this year and promote it effectively. It is not the record company's fault, the tour's fault, it isn't legal problems. Plain and simple, it is the band's fault.
- That being said: We could hastily put it out and keep our promise, but we don't believe it would be the best way to reach new fans. Instead, we are going to hold onto CD until such-and-such a date and PROMOTE IT RIGHT!
- To hold you over, here is the track listing. Moreover, we are going to make this a dual-disc with live concert footage, the making of CD, or (what-ever). Maybe 5.1 surround sound.
- The simple formula of single release + album release doesn't work. We have lined up songs to be in TV shows, Movies, IPOD commercials, ring-tones . . . We can't count on radio. We need to line all these things up.

But, I don't  have faith that GNR will do the right thing - according to me anyway.

Sounds absolutely sane, yet still manages to protect the band's fragile remaining credibility...they'll never go for it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4409 on: November 29, 2006, 01:53:57 PM »

But as a casual fan, I couldn't tell you one thing that's going on with them right now, and I don't care for their new stuff.  I saw them this past summer, and that will satisfy me for years.  That's what I'm afraid Gn'R's fan base will turn into if they don't move on something soon.

I'm afraid the fans who go to GNR concert and buy GNR records are mostly like that, Only 300 of which are on the net (spreading "negtivity (?)" or whatever).
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4410 on: November 29, 2006, 02:44:46 PM »

is everyone in agreement if the cd doesnt come out this year its because the record company doesnt think its good enough - the only alternative is axl himself doesnt like it , i just cant believe that can be the case anymore . Sad

no... if it doesn't come ot this year it means some things sometimes don't work the way they are planned... nothing to do with liking. It will be out in 2007. then. We will know, soon enough.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4411 on: November 29, 2006, 02:48:52 PM »

It will be out in 2007.

Yeah, just like it looked like there was no way it couldn't humanly not come out this year. no

I think it is about time that as a fan base we get comfortable with the fact that the mere passage of time doesn't necessarily mean we are any closer to the album than we were a couple of years ago. It will always be something that is "unforeseen" the way it always is that holds up the release. It would be out right now if they were seriously interested in having it out this year. They all know what entails releasing an album, and the fact they would leave anything until the end was a built in excuse not to release it, because there was nothing that could have magically come up that wouldn't have been taken into account already if they were really serious about releasing it.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #4412 on: November 29, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »

I agree with this poster. To just drop it in stores with no promotion is dumb. According to the rumors (how many of those are there anyway?) this is the most expensive record ever made. Not promoting it would be suicide for the record company.
Promote the shit out of it, and let your fans in on the release date, or at least what to expect. That's what's frustrating. The fans have stuck by these guys for so long in hope of an album, and we still get no word on its release, what it will contain, or even who's on it for sure.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4413 on: November 29, 2006, 02:57:26 PM »

seriously, I am sure it will be out when there will be no way for it to jeopardise Guns N' Roses future... it is Axl's & new band vision and there is a reason it is or it is not coming in 2006. listen to some other good music, watch a good movie, make love or just enjoy life... ?
Nayl
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4414 on: November 29, 2006, 03:05:00 PM »

seriously, I am sure it will be out when there will be no way for it to jeopardise Guns N' Roses future... it is Axl's & new band vision and there is a reason it is or it is not coming in 2006. listen to some other good music, watch a good movie, make love or just enjoy life... ?

You realize how sick us fans are of hearing this reasoniong? We have been told to wait,wait,and wait some more we have been out to there concerts alot of ppl more to one this past year we have supported axl and this band.Axl is the one who was on mtv saying out this year merck is the one who posted and said out this year.I personally am sick of excuses I am sick of hearing be patient do something else.If the CD is not ready not good enough or whatever the hell else then cancel the tour carry your asses back into the studio and get it finished.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4415 on: November 29, 2006, 03:08:08 PM »

when and who ever told you to wait?  Huh
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4416 on: November 29, 2006, 03:09:44 PM »

when and who ever told you to wait?? Huh

Merk and Axl when they said it was coming out in 2006 and that there were only x number of tuesdays left ok
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4417 on: November 29, 2006, 03:09:53 PM »

gsus there is absolutely NO new Info and this thread is growing at least 5 pages a day...I wonder how big it is gonna be by next spring, when the rumours restart Grin
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4418 on: November 29, 2006, 03:10:20 PM »

? You realize how sick us fans are of hearing this reasoniong? We have been told to wait,wait,and wait some more we have been out to there concerts alot of ppl more to one this past year we have supported axl and this band.Axl is the one who was on mtv saying out this year merck is the one who posted and said out this year.I personally am sick of excuses I am sick of hearing be patient do something else.If the CD is not ready not good enough or whatever the hell else then cancel the tour carry your asses back into the studio and get it finished.

some people are happy to see them touring... others need to realize that it will be out when it is ready. 2009.? Maybe. yes they said it will be out in 2006. and we are still in 2006. and if it is not out, there are reasons for it and we will again know... if plans changed.

I never thought I will have another kid after my first one. And I never thought I will have another kid after second one...
Angel_Harleygirl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4419 on: November 29, 2006, 03:12:55 PM »

Here?s a little rumour I heard. The source is reliable to me, but obviously to any of you it?s just more internet gossip. I live in the UK and work in the city. I know someone who works for a multinational law firm and got to talking with them. I?ll cut a long story short here (or try to). The person I spoke to is engaged to a US lawyer who works for a lot of showbiz clients. I won?t say anything more than that about my source, but here?s the scoop:

There is a significant section amongst the material that is intended to be on Chinese Democracy that was originally worked on by now departed members of the band. This doesn?t just refer to people who have been part of the ?new? guns n roses as Axl?s henchmen (eg Buckethead). This refers to the original band members, specifically Slash, who contributed to material years ago that Axl is now proposing to include on Chinese Democracy, including some of the tracks that leaked.

Now obviously Axl has been working on the album a lot himself, but the reality is, much of what has been done over the years has simply been a constant reworking of the same material, over and over again. Some of the riffs, solos etc are therefore either traceable back to Slash, or at the very least, based on material that Slash came up with.

This is causing significant problems for Axl because, although there are no court papers relating to this yet, once the album moves towards going gold, Slash?s lawyers will come down on Axl like a ton of bricks, either demanding significant remuneration from sales, or more likely, delaying the release of the album pending any court case. The bigger problem for Axl, of course, is the possible publicity, in particular, sections of the press coming to the conclusion that he can?t create on his own, and he has to rely on old material by Slash to get by.

Anyway, like I say ? take it for what you will.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: