Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 08:27:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228578 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658200 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4380 on: November 29, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »

I think the album will come out, when is the question. I think it is soon, but I'm so confused things were going great and still are in alot of aspects, but the statements about 2006 being the year and merck saying so many more tuesdays in 2006 has me concerned that 2006 might not happen now. I'm not expecting the album to leak till the last second but damn we have heard no word, nothing factual of any hope. The only hope I'm holding on to at this point is the 19th. But that means any minute or day now we would have to hear something about it. Each day I wake up and see nothing new I think will this end as a great dream or a nightmare. I hate nightmares so I'm pulling for the story book ending. ?We must continue to have hope that 2006 is the year, and have faith that if the album is not coming out this year the GNR team will do the right thing and let us know asap.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
fixintodie
« Reply #4381 on: November 29, 2006, 12:29:18 PM »

After all this time, to repeatedly state that the album was coming in 2006 without a 2006 release being an absolute certainty, is career suicide.

There is no reason whatsoever for Merck's defection from Sanctuary to cause a delay in the album release - he's still (allegedly) managing the band during this tour, which means his share of the money made on this tour is still being paid. There is nothing preventing him from working, and this applies to the album also.

1. Finish the album
2. Hand it in to the record company
3. Set an internal release date
4. Begin to plan promo

Then, and only then

5. Tell fans the album is coming

Is that so fucking hard? It's no wonder people have begun to suspect the motives of making this announcement prior to the tour, and the apparant lie being maintained with Merck's vague statements and 'out of context' quotes.
Go ahead and tell me I'm speculating, naive, whatever. Until Axl opens his mouth and tells his fans what the fuck is going on, speculation is, yet again, all we have.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4382 on: November 29, 2006, 12:30:49 PM »

C U Next Tuesday Merck.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4383 on: November 29, 2006, 12:35:04 PM »

Pessimists for nothing?  So, is that what we're all here waiting for? Nothing?

Donno. I'm not waiting.

What would you the pessimists (for nothing) say when they make it? You'll look pretty dumb.
Much dumber than the positives would look if they couldn't.

i don't think either and i'm not a pessimist, i'm a realist and this shit isn't happening this year.

In Reality the band is hell active and loud, there're still 3, 4 Tuesdays left and the words have not taken back yet.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4384 on: November 29, 2006, 12:39:21 PM »

As I stated last week, I think the album was done in mixing when those comments came from AXl and Merck, since then they decided (which I support) to put Frank and BBF into some of the mixes, which we know happened. They expected that process to go quicker then it did or going. Now they are delayed in house and until they know for certain where they stand for dates we will get no new info. As a fan I think they need to sort out those dates as quick as possible and if 2006 is not possible thye should tell us sooner then later. Our hope must lie in the fact 2006 is not over, GNR and co are very concerned about leaked info or music and that is why we hear nothing unless it comes from them.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4385 on: November 29, 2006, 12:49:29 PM »

The thing that only some of us seem to realize is that us here on HTGTH and etc. are only the minority. ?I doubt if half of the people who go the the shows even know about the 2006 Chinese Democracy comments. ?It's not as if Merck and Axl have done huge interviews or even made their comments on a wide based forums. ?And yes Rolling Stone is a big music publication, but most fans don't give two shits about RS and etc. let alone some a tiny article in the middle of the magazine. ?I know for a fact that if I didn't come on here, I wouldn't have even known about the tour until the last minute, let alone all of the leaks and release date speculation.

I'm pretty sure that as 2006 draws to a close, only us on here are left disappointed and bitter. ?And regardless of what most of us on here say(myself included ?Embarrassed), I know that when/if Chinese Democracy is released, we'll be some of the first ones in line...
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4386 on: November 29, 2006, 12:52:59 PM »

Pessimists for nothing?  So, is that what we're all here waiting for? Nothing?

Donno. I'm not waiting.

What would you the pessimists (for nothing) say when they make it? You'll look pretty dumb.
Much dumber than the positives would look if they couldn't.

i don't think either and i'm not a pessimist, i'm a realist and this shit isn't happening this year.

In Reality the band is hell active and loud, there're still 3, 4 Tuesdays left and the words have not taken back yet.

You're not waiting?  Are you coming here to drink tea? Play Scrabble?  That response is nothing more than a platitude at this point...It's a stock response that is beyond stale...You are waiting, you have over 5,000 posts on here...If you choose to respond with that viewpoint, why not post exclusively in the tour or ex-member thread?

No one is saying we're not excited about the fact that GNR is currently out playing smokin' gigs, but obviously, we are ALL here for something else...To deny that is beyond ridiculous.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #4387 on: November 29, 2006, 12:58:01 PM »

As I stated last week, I think the album was done in mixing when those comments came from AXl and Merck, since then they decided (which I support) to put Frank and BBF into some of the mixes, which we know happened. They expected that process to go quicker then it did or going. Now they are delayed in house and until they know for certain where they stand for dates we will get no new info. As a fan I think they need to sort out those dates as quick as possible and if 2006 is not possible thye should tell us sooner then later. Our hope must lie in the fact 2006 is not over, GNR and co are very concerned about leaked info or music and that is why we hear nothing unless it comes from them.

I agree with you 100% Axl of course can put anyone he pleases on the album but FUCK, this late in the game this desiscion is ?fuckin' insane. BBF and Frank are great additions to the band but having an album out is more important now than emotional paybacks. Jesus fuckin' Christ !

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4388 on: November 29, 2006, 01:01:07 PM »

We don't KNOW that he's putting BBF and Frank on the album.

Don't confuse speculation with fact.   

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #4389 on: November 29, 2006, 01:01:46 PM »

BBF and Frank could have or should have been added exclusively to future releases...I could see why they're required now, but not after the album was already done.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4390 on: November 29, 2006, 01:05:44 PM »

or ex-member thread?

haha I don't go to any forum dedicated to a classic act that either doesn't exist or passed its prime more than a decade ago. GNR section is not just for your wait, innit?

As I said many times and I say this again. I hate waiting. I start to wait when I hear the exact date.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4391 on: November 29, 2006, 01:07:30 PM »

The thing is, given Universal have allegedly denied any existence of the album, since the album is not on their release lists we can assume that it is still in the hands of Merck and Axl.

This makes me sad. It wouldn't matter so much to me if GNR said they were done with it, but I really don't think thats the case. Tommy, Robin, Richard & Dizzy must have a lot of patience. Frank and BBF are probably choked to be on the album if thats the case

Here today...ready to rock
Edward Rose
« Reply #4392 on: November 29, 2006, 01:08:09 PM »

It is actually more likely that they made the decision to go back into the studio BEFORE Merck's last public statement. The decision was probably made during or towards the end of the U.K. tour. They knew during that time that they would have the 28-35 dyas down-time. (28 original... 35 after cancelling JAX and NASH) So I don't believe the studio thing delayed ANYTHING. If there is a delay, it's unrelated to Frank and Ron's tracks.

In my oppinion.
madagas
« Reply #4393 on: November 29, 2006, 01:08:37 PM »

Oneway, nobody knows what's done or not done. There is absolutely no confirmation that a record is tracklisted and done-Final tracklist. That is sometimes not set until a few weeks before release. If they have 32 songs, then things are still up in the air. Wink
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4394 on: November 29, 2006, 01:09:04 PM »

The thing that only some of us seem to realize is that us here on HTGTH and etc. are only the minority. ?I doubt if half of the people who go the the shows even know about the 2006 Chinese Democracy comments. ?It's not as if Merck and Axl have done huge interviews or even made their comments on a wide based forums. ?And yes Rolling Stone is a big music publication, but most fans don't give two shits about RS and etc. let alone some a tiny article in the middle of the magazine. ?I know for a fact that if I didn't come on here, I wouldn't have even known about the tour until the last minute, let alone all of the leaks and release date speculation.

I'm pretty sure that as 2006 draws to a close, only us on here are left disappointed and bitter. ?And regardless of what most of us on here say(myself included ?Embarrassed), I know that when/if Chinese Democracy is released, we'll be some of the first ones in line...

Yea most people don't come here and read all of the statements from merk etc., but they do listen to the radio and read magazines and newspapers and almost all of the dj's and reviewers have bashed axl about CD and are bashing him even more than we are for not having it out yet, so the general perception of what people think of the cd is actually worse than the perception that we have here. At least here alot of the stuff that people make up on the radio and in newspapers and magazines is deleted by jarmo so if this was your only source of info you would never hear about those things.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4395 on: November 29, 2006, 01:09:28 PM »

or ex-member thread?

As I said many times and I say this again. I hate waiting. I start to wait when I hear the exact date.

Maybe, but your still waiting for an announcement! ?hihi

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4396 on: November 29, 2006, 01:11:04 PM »

Perhaps Axl just isn't happy there's not enough 'bashing' yet. Perhaps he's waiting until he's the laughing stock of the whole world before unleashing the album. Kind of like the Get in the Ring scenario

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4397 on: November 29, 2006, 01:14:14 PM »

We don't KNOW that he's putting BBF and Frank on the album.

Don't confuse speculation with fact.? ?

How do you figure, It was in that view from the side of the stage article by Del

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4398 on: November 29, 2006, 01:18:13 PM »

the stage article by Del

which doesn't exist. hihi forget about it.

Maybe, but your still waiting for an announcement!

Or rather, cd will be waiting for me.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #4399 on: November 29, 2006, 01:20:49 PM »

or ex-member thread?

haha I don't go to any forum dedicated to a classic act that either doesn't exist or passed its prime more than a decade ago. GNR section is not just for your wait, innit?

I agree with you, although there are many who claim (rather inaccurately, in my humble opinion) that Axl himself has long since passed his prime.  I digress...

The GNR section certainly does not exist for the sole purpose of my wait, but unfortunately, the only activity surrounding the band at this point is a tour, which clearly occupies its' own section here.  If we're not talking album or tour, what exactly are we discussing?  Oh, right...the braids...
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: