Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 08:24:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228578 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658186 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #4360 on: November 29, 2006, 11:19:54 AM »

Now, Now Booker. They have tickets to sell, being up front with us earlier this year that there was going to be no album would have dampened people's enthusiasm for the tour. That in turn takes money out of Axl's pocket, and we wouldn't want that.

Im not quite that cynical.  I believe that, for whatever reason, they truly expected to get it out at the end of the year.  I dont know what happened (and it wouldnt hurt for them to shed some light), but it obviously looks like that wont happen.  I cant even visualize how they would possibly release it in 2006.  If they still expect to pull it off somehow, then fine, Ill be interested to see how.  But if they know its not happening, and I suspect they do, they should stop stringing their fans along with these riddles as statements. 
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #4361 on: November 29, 2006, 11:20:27 AM »

To me, its simple.? They took it upon themselves to assure everybody the album was coming out this year.? Since they did that, they should have the courtesy to now tell fans that its not coming out.? By not doing that, they lead fans to believe that its still somehow coming out this year.

Booker - I think that statement is dead-on correct.

However, at this point, to Gn'R, what's the difference when it comes out?? The die-hards on the boards will still be anticipating it, and the general public will still think it's a joke.? Not much will change.?

I think these comments are what most reasonable fans feel. Most of us do not demand a release right now, but just wants answers to what appear to be lies from management. Fans like us should be addressed. I know some here make that hard to alomst impossible with the endless complaining, but they need to realize most fans just want/deserve to be treated with a certain amount of respect.

GeraldFord
« Reply #4362 on: November 29, 2006, 11:26:20 AM »

What they are doing to the fans is just plain wrong. They said 2006 was the year, fore sure, and then they reneg that without saying anything. They are fucking with us and it's not right.
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4363 on: November 29, 2006, 11:33:50 AM »

What they are doing to the fans is just plain wrong. They said 2006 was the year, fore sure, and then they reneg that without saying anything. They are fucking with us and it's not right.

That's the way I feel too. They are treating the hardcore fans like crap by promising 2006, getting us to go see the "Chinese Democracy" tour with no CD, and then going silent. I never saw any other band treat their die hard fans this way.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4364 on: November 29, 2006, 11:36:47 AM »

I still think there is a small glimmer of hope. If it doesn't come out this year, or at the worst in January because of some small twist of fate that was completely unpredictable, my post count on these boards will stop in a hurry and I will force myself to stop caring about this band.

That is no laughing matter to me. I have been a hard core fan since AFD, I was 16, I bought every bootleg, and even the Spegetti Incident "Pasta Can" Limited Edition. Axl got me thru some tough times as a kid with an Acoholic father and a bi-polar mother. I owed allot to him but at this point even my loyalty is running thin.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4365 on: November 29, 2006, 11:36:59 AM »

By not doing that, they lead fans to believe that its still somehow coming out this year.

I hardly get that impression. Just read the recent posts in this thread.

Wait, you mean they are not fans?
and people like me who thinks it's coming out in few weeks until they say otherwise count.  hihi
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4366 on: November 29, 2006, 11:38:32 AM »

All it takes is a 2-3 line statement with some substantial who what when and why...it's not even about the actual release at this point.
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #4367 on: November 29, 2006, 11:48:21 AM »

Dont worry, they no that they have commited themselves, im 99.9% sure that if the album does not come out this year (there is still a chance it mite so dont give up yet) we will have a statement as to whats going on and why its has been delayed. And by the way, this is the first time GNR AXL, MERCK etc has actually given a specific time frame. Im sure they wanted it to come out this year however, unforseen issues have obviously come up.

I will only be fuckin pissed off if the album does not drop and we dont get an explanation as to why.

If it doesnt come and they say fuck all, im off im afraid, cus that aint on i dont give a fuck who you are.

But in anycase, i still think itl be here, dec 19th. If it aint out then, ill happily accept that my faith has been misplaced.

If we dont hear anything in the next 2 weeks id be very suprised.

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #4368 on: November 29, 2006, 11:51:05 AM »

I hardly get that impression. Just read the recent posts in this thread.

Theyre leading fans to believe it...it doesnt mean fans are following. 
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4369 on: November 29, 2006, 11:53:08 AM »

To me, its simple.? They took it upon themselves to assure everybody the album was coming out this year.? Since they did that, they should have the courtesy to now tell fans that its not coming out.? By not doing that, they lead fans to believe that its still somehow coming out this year.

Booker - I think that statement is dead-on correct.

I'll go ahead and agree with this too.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GeraldFord
« Reply #4370 on: November 29, 2006, 12:05:43 PM »

When does this bullshit end?

You DO NOT SAY "X Tuesdays in '06 and Chinese Democracy will come out on one of them" and then just not release it and leave fans hanging. Fuck Merck, he sucks.

Now it's going to be "summer of '07" and then "fall of '07" and then we get to 2008 and it's the same shit for that year.

This isn't a question about not being loyal or understanding, this is a question of being misled, of treating your most loyal fans like tools. If Guns N' Roses comes to MA again without an album or at least an album release date, I will NOT go.

The leaks are great, as good as AFD or UYI in my opinion, so just release the fucking thing. Waiting another six months or a year or tinkering on it for another few months wont make it any better and wont help sales any.

The time has come to stop dicking around and put out the album.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #4371 on: November 29, 2006, 12:07:04 PM »

we will get a press release after the tour saying it was a great tour and GnR hope to release CD in the next few months.
 but i don't expect anything till the tour is over

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4372 on: November 29, 2006, 12:10:07 PM »

What would you the pessimists (for nothing) say when they make it? You'll look pretty dumb.
Much dumber than the positives would look if they couldn't.

All it takes is a 2-3 line statement with some substantial who what when and why...it's not even about the actual release at this point.
Or just a poster  screaming out "holy shit I just got it at my record store!" from hongkong or something drool
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4373 on: November 29, 2006, 12:10:47 PM »

I have to agree with some others the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be getting darker instead of brighter. I hope I'm wrong. I have not given up hope yet but damn how much longer can we hold on to the hope we have.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
GeraldFord
« Reply #4374 on: November 29, 2006, 12:12:45 PM »

I'm starting to think that the album will never come out, ever. Good job captain Axl.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #4375 on: November 29, 2006, 12:12:53 PM »

If it doesn't come out this year, or at the worst in January because of some small twist of fate that was completely unpredictable, my post count on these boards will stop in a hurry and I will force myself to stop caring about this band.

So many people say things like this, year after year, but they never act on their words.

We internet fans are but a small minow in a vast ocean of GNR fans. If we stop posting it will have no effect on GNR at all.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #4376 on: November 29, 2006, 12:16:36 PM »

Now, Now Booker. They have tickets to sell, being up front with us earlier this year that there was going to be no album would have dampened people's enthusiasm for the tour. That in turn takes money out of Axl's pocket, and we wouldn't want that.

They will do us the courtesy of telling us the album isn't coming out this year only after they don't have their hands out asking for ticket money anymore. At least they have enough business sense to know that.

thing is if they really are planning on touring past january and coming back to the europe and the states, they will have to put something out because i can't see the nostalgia act working as well as it did in europe a second time and the US a third time...the key to any longterm success for this band is to attract new fans with new material

ive really enjoyed the live experiences ive had seeing this band this year---they have so much energy and even more potential-but i agree with Booker-when you make public statements (i.e. not just to the message boards but to actual press and the radio), then you put a little more honus on yourself to deliver...and if something gets fucked up for whatever reason, you ought to have the courtesy to explain why.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #4377 on: November 29, 2006, 12:18:18 PM »

What would you the pessimists (for nothing) say when they make it? You'll look pretty dumb.
Much dumber than the positives would look if they couldn't.

i don't think either and i'm not a pessimist, i'm a realist and this shit isn't happening this year. if it does great but i'm not bashing them for not. i don't know what the hold up is or if there is one but it's now the 29th of november and where is the big push? where is jimmy iovine and his master marketing ability? where's the harley add? where's the promos? where's the single? it's been said that it won't release quietly, we were told it'd be this year and some of us want the band to have success and we all want to hear new music this year.

i flew 2600 miles round trip and spent 2000.00 to be at hammerstein this year. i'm a fan, i think that qualifies for wanting to know what's going on with my favorite band. maybe i'm not entitled to but i still want to know and the constant silence though expected still pisses me off
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 12:22:11 PM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #4378 on: November 29, 2006, 12:21:57 PM »

If it doesn't come out this year, or at the worst in January because of some small twist of fate that was completely unpredictable, my post count on these boards will stop in a hurry and I will force myself to stop caring about this band.

So many people say things like this, year after year, but they never act on their words.

We internet fans are but a small minow in a vast ocean of GNR fans. If we stop posting it will have no effect on GNR at all.

That's a frightening prospect...The reality is that the majority of GNR fans worldwide care not for a new record...The band could feasibly do this year in and year out due to the percentage of folks that base their attendance on a nostalgia night.

You could say the lack of a record has XYZ effect on ticket sales, and to a degree this is accurate, but if 300 Msg board fans protest their local GNR show due to no record, there's still thousands of folks there (obviously some markets more than others) singing along to SCOM and Patience.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #4379 on: November 29, 2006, 12:24:21 PM »

Pessimists for nothing?  So, is that what we're all here waiting for? Nothing?
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: