Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 10:32:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228578 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658280 times)
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4340 on: November 29, 2006, 10:01:28 AM »

This is just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the delay has something to do with Merk's legal issues when he left sanctuary. Everything seemed to be going well, we had the number of tuesdays left in 2006 comment, the HD ad was ready to go, then he left sanctuary and suddenly everything went silent.

I don't think that is it.? I'm going to give Merck more credit than that.? He knew for a long time that he was leaving.? Hence he would've sorted those things out before leaving.? And IF that is the reason the album is delayed, well it was incredibly dumb and short sighted on Merck's part.? And I'd like to think he is smarter than that.?

I would like to think so too, but there was a story recently that he couldn't join his new company yet because he still had legal issues to resolve with sanctuary, and it would really suck if that is causing the delay of the album. Like I said, I don't know anything, just speculating. Maybe since Merk stuck with axl for so long he may feel he owes him and should stick with him through his legal stuff.

Merck joining another company and him affecting an album release is two different things.  Again I'd like to think that's not it.  Because if his leaving Sanctuary is the reason for the delay.  I'd really lose all respect for him.  Because I think that would be short sighted.  And I am going to give Merck just a little more credit than that.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #4341 on: November 29, 2006, 10:07:35 AM »

Merck leaving Sanctuary could be the reason for the delay?` Huh
Sorry, but i don't buy that!!!
You don't come out of the box in early 2006, do a successful european tour with a follow up in the US and PROMISE the album several times WITHOUT a masterplan in the sleeve. Stuff like that doesn't happen. The music industry basicly doesn't care about CD beeing musical high class!!!
They just care about the financial outcome. And since they don't want to waste any money i'd bet my right nut that there is a well developed plan.

Either the album will hit the stores this year or it was not planned to be released in 2006 at all..from the beginning. And that would be the big LIE people all over the threads are refering too. It would be nothing but a fucking teaser in order to sell tickets and gain interrest in GNR.
That would be toooo low class to believe ?hihi

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4342 on: November 29, 2006, 10:12:59 AM »

You don't come out of the box in early 2006, do a successful european tour with a follow up in the US and PROMISE the album several times WITHOUT a masterplan in the sleeve. Stuff like that doesn't happen. The music industry basicly doesn't care about CD beeing musical high class!!!
They just care about the financial outcome. And since they don't want to waste any money i'd bet my right nut that there is a well developed plan.

Either the album will hit the stores this year or it was not planned to be released in 2006 at all..from the beginning. And that would be the big LIE people all over the threads are refering too. It would be nothing but a fucking teaser in order to sell tickets and gain interrest in GNR.

Finally!? Someone who gets it!? Exactly what I think also.? And that is why I say if they never planned to release it in 06 despite telling us they would.? Then not only did they lie (if that is the case) but they shouldn't have called it the Chinese Democracy tour and shouldn't tease us by playing the new songs.?
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4343 on: November 29, 2006, 10:25:13 AM »

Finally!? Someone who gets it!? Exactly what I think also.? And that is why I say if they never planned to release it in 06 despite telling us they would.? Then not only did they lie (if that is the case) but they shouldn't have called it the Chinese Democracy tour and shouldn't tease us by playing the new songs.?

That sounds like a good possibility as well. I guess I just prefered to believe that they are stupid rather than evil enough to lie to us in that way.
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4344 on: November 29, 2006, 10:26:21 AM »

Again, that is nothing more than speculation, speculation with no financial sense. Lets say that they have recorded several albums worth of material (if you believe that), they why would they destory their credibility by deliberately lying to the fans for the sake of a few more $20 ticket sales? It makes no logical or finanical sense. The music industry might not care about music quality, but they DO care about record sales.

We don't know why the album has been delayed, and that is the only thing we do know. Anything else is speculation/fantasy.
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4345 on: November 29, 2006, 10:27:40 AM »

Again, that is nothing more than speculation, speculation with no financial sense. Lets say that they have recorded several albums worth of material (if you believe that), they why would they destory their credibility by deliberately lying to the fans for the sake of a few more $20 ticket sales? It makes no logical or finanical sense. The music industry might not care about music quality, but they DO care about record sales.

We don't know why the album has been delayed, and that is the only thing we do know. Anything else is speculation/fantasy.

That's right, we don't know, but as long as they don't tell us anything all we can do is speculate.
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #4346 on: November 29, 2006, 10:29:49 AM »

Sure there could be lots of reasons why they can't release the album this year like it was planned. But give us something! Throw us a single to chew on, that's not too much to ask...  hell even some (vague)comments on the reasons why the album is delayed would be great. I want that album so much Cry

This   is   Democracy!!!
Meanmachine22
Rocker

« Reply #4347 on: November 29, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »

Speculation? Hell yeah of course it is. All we do is to speculate!!!!
Even though this is as far away from the truth as me fucking Cindy Crawford all day long you couldn't rule it out completly.

My point is:

CD in 2006 or we just witness one big publicity stunt and that would be sad

quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4348 on: November 29, 2006, 10:36:14 AM »

I doubt it.

It is still possible that it was intended to bring it out in 2006. If you look at the reasons for bringing it out in 2006, and compare those to the reasons for not bringing it out in 2006, the "for" column wins hands down.. Therefore, on balance, a publicity stunt would be a very bad idea. Record companies (generally!) don't get where they are by making stupid decisions..
When the truth comes out, I am sure will hear at least a little of the story as to why the album has been delayed so long.. Hell, Axl could probably write a novel to go along with the album!
Meanmachine22
Rocker

« Reply #4349 on: November 29, 2006, 10:40:13 AM »

I doubt it.

It is still possible that it was intended to bring it out in 2006. If you look at the reasons for bringing it out in 2006, and compare those to the reasons for not bringing it out in 2006, the "for" column wins hands down.. Therefore, on balance, a publicity stunt would be a very bad idea. Record companies (generally!) don't get where they are by making stupid decisions..
When the truth comes out, I am sure will hear at least a little of the story as to why the album has been delayed so long.. Hell, Axl could probably write a novel to go along with the album!

I am on your side and hope you are right man.
What i was saying was just a "created scenario" that might be possible..
I also hope that this is not "all about gaining interrest" . Let's hope the best ok

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4350 on: November 29, 2006, 10:42:03 AM »

the "for" column wins hands down

The "for" column has been winning for years now based on logic yet we still have no album. Looking at it with any degree of common sense at this point is worthless because they have shown to have no clue as to what they're doing in terms of the bigger picture.
stardustonmyfeet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4351 on: November 29, 2006, 10:47:40 AM »

agree with what the guy above said ok
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #4352 on: November 29, 2006, 10:48:13 AM »

To me, its simple.  They took it upon themselves to assure everybody the album was coming out this year.  Since they did that, they should have the courtesy to now tell fans that its not coming out.  By not doing that, they lead fans to believe that its still somehow coming out this year.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #4353 on: November 29, 2006, 10:49:12 AM »

CD in 2006: i officially gave up my hopes
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #4354 on: November 29, 2006, 10:54:48 AM »

To me, its simple.? They took it upon themselves to assure everybody the album was coming out this year.? Since they did that, they should have the courtesy to now tell fans that its not coming out.? By not doing that, they lead fans to believe that its still somehow coming out this year.

Booker - I think that statement is dead-on correct.

However, at this point, to Gn'R, what's the difference when it comes out?  The die-hards on the boards will still be anticipating it, and the general public will still think it's a joke.  Not much will change. 
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #4355 on: November 29, 2006, 10:55:55 AM »

CD in 2006: i officially gave up my hopes
i did that a long time ago. There is NO way in hell CD is going to come out in 2006. a single at the most but thats even a .000000000001% chance now.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4356 on: November 29, 2006, 10:56:12 AM »

To me, its simple. ?They took it upon themselves to assure everybody the album was coming out this year. ?Since they did that, they should have the courtesy to now tell fans that its not coming out. ?By not doing that, they lead fans to believe that its still somehow coming out this year.

Now, Now Booker. They have tickets to sell, being up front with us earlier this year that there was going to be no album would have dampened people's enthusiasm for the tour. That in turn takes money out of Axl's pocket, and we wouldn't want that.

They will do us the courtesy of telling us the album isn't coming out this year only after they don't have their hands out asking for ticket money anymore. At least they have enough business sense to know that.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4357 on: November 29, 2006, 11:06:19 AM »

To me, its simple.  They took it upon themselves to assure everybody the album was coming out this year.  Since they did that, they should have the courtesy to now tell fans that its not coming out.  By not doing that, they lead fans to believe that its still somehow coming out this year.

Absolutely correct. And no more out of context statements from management.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4358 on: November 29, 2006, 11:13:04 AM »

By proclaiming that the album would be released this year, Atlas bore the responsibility of hoisting the GNR world upon his shoulders, only to shrug a shrug of indifference, thus sending the world of GNR crashing down...This really sucks
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #4359 on: November 29, 2006, 11:14:15 AM »

i've been saying this from the beginning....the only reason they've been "dangling" CD in front of us is to get everyone hyped up for gnr again so they can sell more tickets for the tour. ?everyone said i was crazy, that gnr would never lie to fans like that...well, now it's nearly 2007 and there's not even a mention of the release...suddenly the giant scam gnr has been pulling is becoming quite clear.

i wouldn't be surprised if the tour is just a way for axl to make some money so that he can finance another 15 years to work on the album.

or there's the possibility that cd doesn't even exist, and it was just a lie to keep fans interested in the band so they could sell tickets for their shows. greedy bastards.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: