Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 10:26:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228578 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658249 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4320 on: November 28, 2006, 07:36:51 PM »

just to add alittle rumor, I heard madagascar might be on the rocky 6 soundtrack.. peace

Just checked amazon.com, and it is NOT on the soundtrack.

The new 'Rocky Balboa' soundtrack is basically a compilation of songs from the previous films, including Survivor's "Eye Of The Tiger" and the original "Gonna Fly Now" theme by Bill Conti. There is a new song by Three 6 Mafia, called "It's A Fight".

Nice try on starting a rumor.

got it off a website, guess its wrong..

but are you sure thats the new rocky soundtrack? or is that just a best of rocky soundtrack like the cd says..
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 07:48:28 PM by guns_n_motley » Logged
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #4321 on: November 28, 2006, 08:37:44 PM »

FROM MELODICROCK.COM:

A little more on that December 19 release date for Chinese Democracy. An update from my original source: "...GNR mgmt is wavering on that date and that they (Universal) don't even know if it's solid anymore...they told me they don't expect it anymore in 2006..."
Ok, see you back here in May for the next GNR album update!

How many tuesdays are in 2007? hihi

You know, back in 2003 I was at a party and ended up playing with a ouigi board and when I asked when Chinese Democracy would be released it answered 2007. That's a true story, and the scary thing is the ghost's rumour has just as much credibility as any other source in this thread.

And to think all this time I thought the ghost was just fucking with me.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
fixintodie
« Reply #4322 on: November 28, 2006, 09:06:53 PM »

I see sarcasm is easily lost on some.

I was merely pointing out that Sp1at actually gave us ZERO new information, and you guys are posting about it like it's some sort of big deal.

That isn't what you said at all. You said Sp1at can confirm that Guns N' Roses are playing another gig this year. Sarcasm is exaggerating or denying the truth for comic effect. Making things up out of nowhere, which aren't even close to what was said by the source, is not sarcasm.

Is their a new site policy to put down forum members intelligence when moderators can't clearly state their opinions? Perhaps the fact that none of us understood what you meant could be down to the way you phrased things, rather than us all being too stupid to grasp your 'sarcasm'.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 09:18:45 PM by fixintodie » Logged
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #4323 on: November 28, 2006, 09:44:54 PM »

So, Basically we have run out of Tuesdays in 2006. If we had 13 more tuesdays left would it still come out in 2006

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4324 on: November 28, 2006, 09:47:28 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I had a dream a few nights ago. It was one where I was walking thru Wal-Mart and there was Chinese Democracy. I nearly had a heart attack and I looked on the back. From what my mind can remember only There Was A Time and Better was on the album. The rest was new songs ...I woke up the instant I started to play one of the new songs.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?I cursed when I woke up. Because I sadly fear thats the closest I'll get to the CD in this lifetime.
fixintodie
« Reply #4325 on: November 28, 2006, 09:52:55 PM »

I had a dream a few nights ago. It was one where I was walking thru Wal-Mart and there was Chinese Democracy. I nearly had a heart attack and I looked on the back. From what my mind can remember only There Was A Time and Better was on the album. The rest was new songs ...I woke up the instant I started to play one of the new songs.

I cursed when I woke up. Because I sadly fear thats the closest I'll get to the CD in this lifetime.

I had a dream, a long time back, that I was listening to This I Love. I can still remember what it sounded like too, not that this is worth shit to anybody.  Grin

Just reread page 1 of this thread. Besides this years tour, things really haven't changed much, have they?
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4326 on: November 28, 2006, 09:58:04 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?I had a dream a few nights ago. It was one where I was walking thru Wal-Mart and there was Chinese Democracy. I nearly had a heart attack and I looked on the back. From what my mind can remember only There Was A Time and Better was on the album. The rest was new songs ...I woke up the instant I started to play one of the new songs.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I cursed when I woke up. Because I sadly fear thats the closest I'll get to the CD in this lifetime.

I really wanna hear " This I Love " . I heard its pretty damn awesome and besides the 15 second clip on Youtube.com , I wanna hear the whole thing.
I had a dream, a long time back, that I was listening to This I Love. I can still remember what it sounded like too, not that this is worth shit to anybody.? Grin

Just reread page 1 of this thread. Besides this years tour, things really haven't changed much, have they?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #4327 on: November 28, 2006, 10:30:03 PM »

That's the greatest hits/Rocky Balboa soundtrack.  GN'R is NOT in the movie.  It was a rumor months ago, wish it was happening but ITS NOT!  I flew to Vegas to been in this movie, its going to be great...but NO GN'R!!
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4328 on: November 28, 2006, 10:38:49 PM »

That's the greatest hits/Rocky Balboa soundtrack.? GN'R is NOT in the movie.? It was a rumor months ago, wish it was happening but ITS NOT!? I flew to Vegas to been in this movie, its going to be great...but NO GN'R!!

your gonna be in the movie cool?? I hear its real good, cant wait to see it yes
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #4329 on: November 28, 2006, 10:50:51 PM »

I was an extra in the fight scenes.  They filmed 4 different endings...wearing a tie about 5 rows back..pretty great experience.  I was all over the arena during the shoot..so hopefully I'll pop up in the movie somewhere.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4330 on: November 29, 2006, 08:44:44 AM »

I was an extra in the fight scenes.  They filmed 4 different endings...wearing a tie about 5 rows back..pretty great experience.  I was all over the arena during the shoot..so hopefully I'll pop up in the movie somewhere.

Doesn't it get boring sitting there for hours on end?  I did it for Fever Pitch.  I'm sitting next to Drew Barrymore for a big part of the final sequence.

micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4331 on: November 29, 2006, 09:14:14 AM »

is everyone in agreement if the cd doesnt come out this year its because the record company doesnt think its good enough - the only alternative is axl himself doesnt like it , i just cant believe that can be the case anymore . Sad
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4332 on: November 29, 2006, 09:18:25 AM »

is everyone in agreement if the cd doesnt come out this year its because the record company doesnt think its good enough - the only alternative is axl himself doesnt like it , i just cant believe that can be the case anymore . Sad

We won't know why it hasn't come out, if it doesn't come out, until we hear from the band and/or record company. Anything else is pure speculation.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #4333 on: November 29, 2006, 09:20:23 AM »

We won't know why it hasn't come out, if it doesn't come out, until we hear from the band and/or record company. Anything else is pure speculation.

Just like every other time it didn't come out, we'll never know.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4334 on: November 29, 2006, 09:21:10 AM »

I think that's pretty short sighted, there could be hundreds of reasons.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4335 on: November 29, 2006, 09:45:04 AM »

This is just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the delay has something to do with Merk's legal issues when he left sanctuary. Everything seemed to be going well, we had the number of tuesdays left in 2006 comment, the HD ad was ready to go, then he left sanctuary and suddenly everything went silent.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4336 on: November 29, 2006, 09:46:33 AM »

I think that's pretty short sighted, there could be hundreds of reasons.

The hundreds of reasons that people are conjuring up seem to me to be things that should have been conceived, developed, and finalized years ago.  If the CD was not done at the time, everything (artwork, promo materials, marketing plans, copyright issues, sample clearances) should have been set aside for later use. 
Everything I've heard thus far deserves a forehead slap.  It's almost like "Hey, wait!  We were eventually going to release this thing?!?"
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4337 on: November 29, 2006, 09:46:49 AM »

If they are not going to release the album this year. ?And it looks like that is what is going to happen. ?My only 2 questions are. ?Why call it the Chinese Democracy tour? ?And why play new songs? ?It is misleading and I consider it to be a huge tease. ?Even though I had heard the demos, after hearing those songs live I wanted the album even more than before. ?I thought they were awesome tracks. ?And I am sure I am not the only one who thinks like that. ?So now here I am after seeing them live, I heard FIVE aweswome new songs BUT I can't get them because Axl won't release them. ?If he is not going to release the album fine. ?But stop calling the tour the Chinese Democracy tour and stop playing the new songs. ?Play more UYI's songs. ?At least we CAN buy those albums.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4338 on: November 29, 2006, 09:49:04 AM »

This is just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the delay has something to do with Merk's legal issues when he left sanctuary. Everything seemed to be going well, we had the number of tuesdays left in 2006 comment, the HD ad was ready to go, then he left sanctuary and suddenly everything went silent.

I don't think that is it.  I'm going to give Merck more credit than that.  He knew for a long time that he was leaving.  Hence he would've sorted those things out before leaving.  And IF that is the reason the album is delayed, well it was incredibly dumb and short sighted on Merck's part.  And I'd like to think he is smarter than that. 
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4339 on: November 29, 2006, 09:55:08 AM »

I don't think that is it.? I'm going to give Merck more credit than that.? He knew for a long time that he was leaving.? Hence he would've sorted those things out before leaving.? And IF that is the reason the album is delayed, well it was incredibly dumb and short sighted on Merck's part.? And I'd like to think he is smarter than that.?

I would like to think so too, but there was a story recently that he couldn't join his new company yet because he still had legal issues to resolve with sanctuary, and it would really suck if that is causing the delay of the album. Like I said, I don't know anything, just speculating. Maybe since Merk stuck with axl for so long he may feel he owes him and should stick with him through his legal stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: