Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 12:34:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228578 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658340 times)
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #4300 on: November 28, 2006, 03:31:34 PM »

I see sarcasm is easily lost on some.

I was merely pointing out that Sp1at actually gave us ZERO new information, and you guys are posting about it like it's some sort of big deal.

Sp1at has a history of taking Merck e-mails and turning them into whatever they need for site fodder, if you remember, Merck once called their site "rubbish" if I remember correctly.

This thread is hard enough to navigate already, we certainly don't need more attention seeking websites to take it over and not even provide information.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4301 on: November 28, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

I barely managed to get the sarcasm, destry rides again. who are you BTW? Huh
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4302 on: November 28, 2006, 03:40:01 PM »

Some folks around here use the word sarcasm a bit too liberally...
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4303 on: November 28, 2006, 03:46:05 PM »

Axl will be 45 when he releases his "masterpiece". And he was 32 when he stepped out of the limelight. What a waste of youth.

I hope that album will be fucking amazing cause otherwise he wasted most of his years and talent on nothing. Time is running out. The youngsters are definitly not going to get into GnR since Axl is way too old to be hip and I think the fanbase won't wait that much longer.......soon Axl will be a "blast from the past"......  Cry

past it ?
Yeah ui know this isa different music type .. but shows one thing.
Madonna still has millions of fans and young ones since releasing new music..
i aint a fan of madonna just using her as an example as to why age doesnt matter.. clever marketing and promotion after the album is out .. does..

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #4304 on: November 28, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »

I see sarcasm is easily lost on some.

I was merely pointing out that Sp1at actually gave us ZERO new information, and you guys are posting about it like it's some sort of big deal.

Sp1at has a history of taking Merck e-mails and turning them into whatever they need for site fodder, if you remember, Merck once called their site "rubbish" if I remember correctly.

This thread is hard enough to navigate already, we certainly don't need more attention seeking websites to take it over and not even provide information.

i obviously  found some sarcasm there...  but the sarcasm you intended was not as obvious unfortunately...  i just read what you wrote and it sounded exactely like one of the people, who  misinterpret sp1at just to diss them afterwards. you know?

sarcasm wasn`t needed anyways...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
estranged.1098
« Reply #4305 on: November 28, 2006, 03:54:52 PM »

He's a new user and moderator that still hasn't learned about HTGTH's rule of not bashing other forums.

Oh well, at least he can use the "Delete" button.
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #4306 on: November 28, 2006, 03:59:25 PM »

i was just surfing and i found this:

http://www.freewebs.com/gnronline/index.htm

now i know its from a fan site, and is probably a rumour, but i havn't seen it discussed on these boards. and it claims to be quoteing "dizzwald" reed. i guess i was just wondering what you guys think, and it anybody has more info like this.

peace out...hope the album comes soon all the new songs (and video montages going with them) rocked in cleveland on 11/24

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4307 on: November 28, 2006, 04:03:10 PM »

now i know its from a fan site, and is probably a rumour, but i havn't seen it discussed on these boards. and it claims to be quoteing "dizzwald" reed. i guess i was just wondering what you guys think, and it anybody has more info like this.

peace out...hope the album comes soon all the new songs (and video montages going with them) rocked in cleveland on 11/24

Looks reputable. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4308 on: November 28, 2006, 04:04:00 PM »

it doesn't say which year ?hihi ... 1999. or 2009.?

btw. who is "fink" who owns slash? ?Tongue
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #4309 on: November 28, 2006, 04:48:33 PM »

why its Barton of course 'velimir,' (one of my favorite movies) and it references my favorite G n R member Robin Finck.

But thanks for the snide remark (but I can type, thanks) and not adding to the discussion.

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4310 on: November 28, 2006, 04:49:46 PM »

Ok heres my story, i know alot of you wont believe me but anyway, while i was walking around in my town centre (Sunderland, England) and i decided to go into HMV to ask about a possible CD release date.

So i asked the guy at the counter if he could check for me, he typed it up and out came this:

Guns N' Roses - Chinease Democracy? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Date:18/12/06
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??Status:Discontinued

i asked the guy what it meant by Discontinued, he said that it meant that the CD hadn't been shipped and basically wont see the light of day for the set release date, he also said (exact quote) "most times that cd's come up 'Discontinued' it means that the record company might have thought the record didn't sound as good as they thought and that it could sell poorly"

ok guys thats what happened when i went to check today, i know that alot of you wont believe me but some will, i aint one of those 5 post people.

Thats good info and all, and this isn't a knock on you, just on the employee who answered your question. ?Roll Eyes ?If we're going by what a record store clerk says, then we should very well be waiting for the follow-up to Chinese Democracy by now. ?I'm not denying the delay, just the employee's reasoning, I'm just saying that when it comes to this, right now they're obviously no more in the know than we are...
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4311 on: November 28, 2006, 04:52:16 PM »

why its Barton of course 'velimir,' (one of my favorite movies) and it references my favorite G n R member Robin Finck.

But thanks for the snide remark (but I can type, thanks) and not adding to the discussion.

Didn't mean anything bad, was just joking... also if I am not seeing something wrong on that site there is no year so as far as we know Dizzy might have said that few years ago? peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4312 on: November 28, 2006, 04:59:41 PM »

Yeah February? when was their last update? Huh

He's a new user and moderator

that's why I was a bit curious. Wink excuse my off topic.

that still hasn't learned about HTGTH's rule of not bashing other forums.

Is that why there are not many criticisms of that site here? Tongue
Seriously, I think it's about the site and their news flashes rather than the forum. I know there're quite a few good posters in the forum.

Axl will be 45 when he releases his "masterpiece". And he was 32 when he stepped out of the limelight. What a waste of youth.

To my mind the age of 32 and over is not exactly hot youth...... Lips Sealed
whether a musician is 32 or 45, it's all the same. Their music and works matter.
Youth's a stuff will not endure. Good music will.

clever marketing and promotion after the album is out .. does..

Hehe don't you think it would be absolutely marvellous if you fortuitously happened on the blue bird near your place one day like Tyltyl and Mytyl did? Ok it may not be likely but who knows?

madagas
« Reply #4313 on: November 28, 2006, 05:05:41 PM »

Watch it Tank-32 is young in my book. rant hihi

ps 32 or 45?? at this point it doesn't matter- I agree. In rock and roll years 30 is old!
sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4314 on: November 28, 2006, 06:14:29 PM »

I noticed a post earlier (either today or yesterday) about the fact that there are 3 shows scheduled for Universal City right around December the 19th.  Were responses made to this? 

If it is coming out this year, I think it has to be the 19th.  I have heard a lot of murmers about that date. 

thoughts?
Nayl
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4315 on: November 28, 2006, 06:41:38 PM »

It's not gona come out this year they don't wanna talk about it or anything else atm simply because once they announce the delay it's gonna hurt there ticket sales therefore they just keep stalling and same Axl and merck as always will find someone else to blame other than themselves.

Lil tip for merck and Axl even die hard fans get fed up and have enough sooner or later something you should keep in mind for future referance.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4316 on: November 28, 2006, 07:23:10 PM »

just to add alittle rumor, I heard madagascar might be on the rocky 6 soundtrack.. peace
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #4317 on: November 28, 2006, 07:31:23 PM »

just to add alittle rumor, I heard madagascar might be on the rocky 6 soundtrack.. peace

Just checked amazon.com, and it is NOT on the soundtrack.

The new 'Rocky Balboa' soundtrack is basically a compilation of songs from the previous films, including Survivor's "Eye Of The Tiger" and the original "Gonna Fly Now" theme by Bill Conti. There is a new song by Three 6 Mafia, called "It's A Fight".

Nice try on starting a rumor.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #4318 on: November 28, 2006, 07:33:04 PM »

please go away no
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4319 on: November 28, 2006, 07:34:27 PM »

Just like it's on DVC?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: