Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 12:32:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228578 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658331 times)
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #4280 on: November 28, 2006, 02:15:42 PM »

what will it take for people to stop calling GUNS N ROSES "axl and friends"?  maybe i know the answer to that...but its still fucking annoying.

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
Joblow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4281 on: November 28, 2006, 02:17:33 PM »

Dude, you have to understand that maybe, just maybe Axl Rose is a freak, and a mad man. Most people around here cant accept the fact that this man could be a lil off his rocker. Theres a reason this album hasnt come out yet, and its because of something wrong with Axl. It will come out when he wants it to, and that COULD be never.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #4282 on: November 28, 2006, 02:19:21 PM »

what will it take for people to stop calling GUNS N ROSES "axl and friends"?? maybe i know the answer to that...but its still fucking annoying.

Sorry. I didn't mean anything by it. You know what else is annoying? Spelling Axel's name with an E. It's just the most annoying fucking thing you can do when talking about Axel. I hate it when people spell Axel's name A-X-E-L.

Stupid bastards.

Anyway, I still think as long as Guns is on tour, we won't see C.D.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #4283 on: November 28, 2006, 02:19:51 PM »

"You will hear from GNR by the end of the year, whether it be about new live dates or the new album."

Lol. Goodbye 2006.

What a prick this guy is.  Roll Eyes

sorry, i'm not up to date right now. who said that and where can i read it?

Merck did to the guy a at Sp1at.

merck didn`t say that  no

here`s what bigboss posted:

Merck says we will hear again from GN'R again before the end of the year, whether it be about new live dates or the new album. (I'll see if he'll be more specific)

He also says the 'Better' version of the Harley ad will still happen at some point

Not alot of info there, but better than nothing

and this:

I asked whether they would be saying anything else this year, beit a live date etc.. Merck said yes. I was just wondering whether they would say or announce anything else before the end of the year. Last year, there was silence from this point until the year end.

I also asked whether the Harley advert was still due to happen, he said 'yes'

the typical merck responses

1. yes

2. yes

conclusion: stop stating things as fact you know nothing about ok
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 02:21:39 PM by WARose » Logged

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Edward Rose
« Reply #4284 on: November 28, 2006, 02:24:56 PM »

Actually the original quote from the source was illiterate and almost unreadable. That's the only reason I posted a response in the deleted thread.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #4285 on: November 28, 2006, 02:28:29 PM »

Ok heres my story, i know alot of you wont believe me but anyway, while i was walking around in my town centre (Sunderland, England) and i decided to go into HMV to ask about a possible CD release date.

So i asked the guy at the counter if he could check for me, he typed it up and out came this:

Guns N' Roses - Chinease Democracy? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Date:18/12/06
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??Status:Discontinued

i asked the guy what it meant by Discontinued, he said that it meant that the CD hadn't been shipped and basically wont see the light of day for the set release date, he also said (exact quote) "most times that cd's come up 'Discontinued' it means that the record company might have thought the record didn't sound as good as they thought and that it could sell poorly"

ok guys thats what happened when i went to check today, i know that alot of you wont believe me but some will, i aint one of those 5 post people.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4286 on: November 28, 2006, 02:36:29 PM »

"You will hear from GNR by the end of the year, whether it be about new live dates or the new album."

Lol. Goodbye 2006.

What a prick this guy is.? Roll Eyes

merck didn`t say that? no

Merck says we will hear again from GN'R again before the end of the year, whether it be about new live dates or the new album. (I'll see if he'll be more specific)

He also says the 'Better' version of the Harley ad will still happen at some point

and this:

I asked whether they would be saying anything else this year, beit a live date etc.. Merck said yes. I was just wondering whether they would say or announce anything else before the end of the year. Last year, there was silence from this point until the year end.

1. yes

2. yes

This should not have to be an English class, but in this pit of illiteracy that we call the Internet, bigboss posted:
Merck says we will hear again from GN'R again before the end of the year, whether it be about new live dates or the new album.

You quoted it yourself.

It could be that Bigboss paraphrased it, or it could be that he missed the quotation marks.? ? It's anyone's guess.? It's hardly something I "know nothing about".? ?Roll Eyes?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4287 on: November 28, 2006, 02:38:15 PM »

cheers warose.

And tommy hasn't ever promised a certain date.
see, how a knowitall puts words into others mouth and state their useless speculation for a fact.  confused
Believe whatever you like but the merck comment actually doesn't say anything about the release date while your comments tell what you like to believe.

For not very commendable reasons I hope they indeed won't say anything about the release till the end of the year or the us d day. So that me and several board mates can still enjoy reading negative posts from the people who know more than the band.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4288 on: November 28, 2006, 02:41:33 PM »

hey, it's not hard to know more than the band... ok
remember 2001?!
Axl didnt even know that he has a tour scheudled for the summer 2001..  hihi

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
WARose
Legend

« Reply #4289 on: November 28, 2006, 02:43:45 PM »

Lol. Goodbye 2006.

What a prick this guy is.  Roll Eyes

merck didn`t say that  no

and this:

1. yes

2. yes

This should not have to be an English class, but in this pit of illiteracy that we call the Internet, bigboss posted:
Merck says we will hear again from GN'R again before the end of the year, whether it be about new live dates or the new album.

You quoted it yourself.

It could be that Bigboss paraphrased it, or it could be that he missed the quotation marks.    It's anyone's guess.  It's hardly something I "know nothing about".   Roll Eyes 

dude....  you should read my entire post

this is the important part:

I asked whether they would be saying anything else this year, beit a live date etc.. Merck said yes.

no need for english class this time ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4290 on: November 28, 2006, 02:48:18 PM »

who cares about a tabloid site.

hey, it's not hard to know more than the band... ok
remember 2001?!
Axl didnt even know that he has a tour scheudled for the summer 2001..  hihi

And you knew more than him then?
SADIS
« Reply #4291 on: November 28, 2006, 02:49:49 PM »

Axl will be 45 when he releases his "masterpiece". And he was 32 when he stepped out of the limelight. What a waste of youth.

I hope that album will be fucking amazing cause otherwise he wasted most of his years and talent on nothing. Time is running out. The youngsters are definitly not going to get into GnR since Axl is way too old to be hip and I think the fanbase won't wait that much longer.......soon Axl will be a "blast from the past"...... ?Cry
WARose
Legend

« Reply #4292 on: November 28, 2006, 02:54:42 PM »

Axl will be 45 when he releases his "masterpiece". And he was 32 when he stepped out of the limelight. What a waste of youth.

I hope that album will be fucking amazing cause otherwise he wasted most of his years and talent on nothing. Time is running out. The youngsters are definitly not going to get into GnR since Axl is way too old to be hip and I think the fanbase won't wait that much longer.......soon Axl will be a "blast from the past"......  Cry

i doubt he thinks he wasted time if the record fails....  he lived his life just as everyone else did. it`s just, that we`re focusing only on the album ( and that`s good. we have no right to enter his private life...)

destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #4293 on: November 28, 2006, 02:56:45 PM »

So let me get this straight -

Sp1at can confirm that Guns N' Roses will play another live date this year?

Oh boy, I bet the folks promoting their 2006 US tour know that.

Thanks sp1at, where would we be without you...........

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4294 on: November 28, 2006, 03:05:39 PM »

I for one apologize for being upset by the supposed merk comment reported by sp1at. after checking out their website I'm ashamed to admit that I may have believed anything these people said.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4295 on: November 28, 2006, 03:05:49 PM »

Ok heres my story, i know alot of you wont believe me but anyway, while i was walking around in my town centre (Sunderland, England) and i decided to go into HMV to ask about a possible CD release date.

So i asked the guy at the counter if he could check for me, he typed it up and out came this:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??Status:Discontinued

i asked the guy what it meant by Discontinued, he said that it meant that the CD hadn't been shipped and basically wont see the light of day for the set release date, he also said (exact quote) "most times that cd's come up 'Discontinued' it means that the record company might have thought the record didn't sound as good as they thought and that it could sell poorly"

ok guys thats what happened when i went to check today, i know that alot of you wont believe me but some will, i aint one of those 5 post people.

Ok, I'm not saying I don't believe you. ?I just don't believe this clerks theory. ?Your telling me that GNR might have handed the album over, and at the last minute (after all these years) it's refused because it wont sell? ?Bull! ?First of all, it will sell, even if it is crap! ?And second, after hearing "Better", there is no way in hell it wont sell. ?Lets just assume that "Better" is the only good song on the album. ?There are tons of albums out there that only have one good song on them. ?I don't believe that to be the reason of why it might be "discontinued". ?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4296 on: November 28, 2006, 03:12:43 PM »

Ok, I'm not saying I don't believe you. ?I just don't believe this clerks theory. ?Your telling me that GNR might have handed the album over, and at the last minute (after all these years) it's refused because it wont sell? ?Bull! ?First of all, it will sell, even if it is crap! ?And second, after hearing "Better", there is no way in hell it wont sell. ?Lets just assume that "Better" is the only good song on the album. ?There are tons of albums out there that only have one good song on them. ?I don't believe that to be the reason of why it might be "discontinued". ?

It doesn't matter what a clerk tells anyone - the record company will release to recoup their investment. Furthermore, it's quite a long shot to say that this person(the clerk in question) even knows what they are talking about.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4297 on: November 28, 2006, 03:15:10 PM »

the 19th was never my bet anyways. Funny uni release schedule just for 19/12/2006 and the first week of January 07 is floating around. yes

hpantazo, cheer up!
WARose
Legend

« Reply #4298 on: November 28, 2006, 03:16:17 PM »

wrong....   no one at sp1at ever said that ( as far as i know)

fixintodie
« Reply #4299 on: November 28, 2006, 03:23:55 PM »

wrong....   no one at sp1at ever said that ( as far as i know)

Correct. And after all this board has made about taking quotes out of context.  Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: