Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 04:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228581 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658542 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4220 on: November 28, 2006, 04:13:10 AM »

Fact is, if you're posting about CD, good or bad, you'll be buying it.
That isn't fact. Its actually complete bullshit.Just because people post at forums doesn't mean they are buying it. Alot of GNR fans love Megaupload, rapidshare, and yousendit, and are not afraid to use them. The leaks went from a couple people to thousands in the span of a few minutes, and that was ancient demos. How quick do you think links are gonna spread of a whole album among a pissed off fanbase? It will probably be the only time the speed of light gets surpassed. Merck(or really Axl) should address the fanbase at some point about the status of the album. When the hardcore are pissed and considering not even buying the album, they need to do some serious damage control, and probably throw the starving dogs a bone to head off a catastrophe.

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #4221 on: November 28, 2006, 05:17:55 AM »

Fact is, if you're posting about CD, good or bad, you'll be buying it.
That isn't fact. Its actually complete bullshit.Just because people post at forums doesn't mean they are buying it. Alot of GNR fans love Megaupload, rapidshare, and yousendit, and are not afraid to use them. The leaks went from a couple people to thousands in the span of a few minutes, and that was ancient demos. How quick do you think links are gonna spread of a whole album among a pissed off fanbase? It will probably be the only time the speed of light gets surpassed. Merck(or really Axl) should address the fanbase at some point about the status of the album. When the hardcore are pissed and considering not even buying the album, they need to do some serious damage control, and probably throw the starving dogs a bone to head off a catastrophe.

That's a fucking good rant right there.  ok Spot fucking on.
As much as I continue to hope and pray for a Dec 19 release, my hopes get slimmer and slimmer by the day. I just don't understand how hard is it to say something, anything about the release. Perhaps they are saying nothing because it is super fucking close ... who knows?

btw ... a PM for the n00b too please.  Grin

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #4222 on: November 28, 2006, 05:23:30 AM »

Can someone PM me the Merck thing too? Clueless what it is about...
Tnx!

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4223 on: November 28, 2006, 05:58:27 AM »

Merck said we will hear again from GN'R again before the end of the year, whether it be about new live dates or the new album.

make of it what you wish. i personally would've been happier if he said "there is 4 tuesdays left until the end of the year".  Grin

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #4224 on: November 28, 2006, 06:32:27 AM »

it's getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to ridiculous  no

"You will hear from GNR by the end of the year, whether it be about new live dates or the new album."

Come on!! Are you fuckimg serious Axl?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh hihi

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4225 on: November 28, 2006, 06:41:20 AM »

I JUST DONT GET WHY THEY THINK IT WILL BE JUN/JUL 07 IF ITS NOT DEC 19 I MEAN WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH ANYTIME IN  JANUARY- MAY

CAN SOMEONE PM THE MERCK THING ALSO ok
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #4226 on: November 28, 2006, 06:47:54 AM »

Its a post christmas sales tradiction, takes 2-3 months to pick up sales

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4227 on: November 28, 2006, 06:54:10 AM »

JUN/JULY IS 6 OR 7 MONTHS IF THIS BECOMES REALITY ITS A FUCKIN JOKE
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #4228 on: November 28, 2006, 07:05:54 AM »

JUN/JULY IS 6 OR 7 MONTHS IF THIS BECOMES REALITY ITS A FUCKIN JOKE
That's why we need to calm down and see what happens. Axl said LATE FALL...that still has not happened, so until then no need to get pissed on anything.

Ow...and please keep the caps off  Wink

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #4229 on: November 28, 2006, 07:22:07 AM »

"You will hear from GNR by the end of the year, whether it be about new live dates or the new album."

Lol. Goodbye 2006.

What a prick this guy is.  Roll Eyes
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #4230 on: November 28, 2006, 07:35:27 AM »

Yesterday, melodicrock.com said June or July 2007 was the new rumor..they added a bit of an update today about Dec. 19:

A little more on that December 19 release date for Chinese Democracy. An update from my original source: "...GNR mgmt is wavering on that date and that they (Universal) don't even know if it's solid anymore...they told me they don't expect it anymore in 2006..."
Ok, see you back here in May for the next GNR album update!

Speculation if the above is true!

Merck isnt part of Sanctuary anymore, yet he still manages Guns n Roses despite being independent along with "issues that need clearing up"!

Something isnt right

Jonx
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #4231 on: November 28, 2006, 08:17:42 AM »

even though the hope for a release this year is still there it seems unlikely now Sad
If GNR fails to deliver this year  i don't know wthy we should suggest that 2007 goes any other way than 2002-2006 (besides that we have a website and a tour)

It is about loosing credeibility these days ......

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4232 on: November 28, 2006, 08:21:07 AM »

The comment was taken out of context.

So are we allowed to post the entire passage then if the only reason it was censored is because it was taken out of context?

I would think it is pretty relevant given he has told us we would see an album this year, and that "taken out of context" quote seems to indicate that may not be entirely accurate.

As far as I know, his answer had nothing to do with the album's release.

So when you start speculating that he was in fact talking about the album release date or whining about there not being a release date, you took the quote out of context.

Merck told sp1at we'll hear from GN'R before the end of the year.

People think this sp1at thing is some huge secret news article. All he said is that we'd hear from GN'R.

It took less than a day to come true, since they just put out a press release today!

It's not "banned" info. Some of you are doing exactly what got the thread removed, taking it out of context.

My guess is that a simple "yes" got turned into a discusson about the album's release....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:29:17 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4233 on: November 28, 2006, 08:28:31 AM »

It took less than a day to come true, since they just put out a press release today!

Definitely can't call him a liar anymore, but I am not sure that a concert cancellation is exactly the type of press release on a Tuesday in November people were hoping for. no
me2u838
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4234 on: November 28, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

Seriously, that's not the press release anyone wanted
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4235 on: November 28, 2006, 08:33:21 AM »

Well, maybe if people understood what he said instead of making up scenarios.....

That's exactly why the thread was removed. Who gets blamed in case there's not the kind of info some were hoping for? Merck... "He told sp1at we'd know!  crying "

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fixintodie
« Reply #4236 on: November 28, 2006, 08:35:34 AM »

Well, maybe if people understood what he said instead of making up scenarios.....

That's exactly why the thread was removed. Who gets blamed in case there's not the kind of info some were hoping for? Merck... "He told sp1at we'd know!  crying "

/jarmo

People could understand what he said a lot better if it was actually available for reading here.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4237 on: November 28, 2006, 08:38:19 AM »

Honestly, a lot of things Merck says is done in a vague manner, so he makes it where people have to figure out what it means.

He really should make things more clear when he says them, would clear up a lot of confussion.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #4238 on: November 28, 2006, 08:42:04 AM »

We will hear from GNR till the end of the year
that?s cool ?Smiley

TheMole
« Reply #4239 on: November 28, 2006, 08:44:04 AM »

That's exactly why the thread was removed.

Not doubting your reasons for removing it, although it had the opposite effect. Instead of stopping the rumors; this thing grew into something enigmatic and mythical.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: