Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 06:21:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228582 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658638 times)
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #4160 on: November 27, 2006, 08:27:02 AM »

I'm as confused as a whore in church.

?We all want the album out this year....no one wants to be let down yet again but the fact is time is running out. And every glimpse of hope for us is eliminated time after time. When the harley ad first surfaced it really looked like the ball was rolling this time around but that was quickly dimminished. Whatever plan they had/have other than a silent release seems to be out of the question for 2006.

? ?what's more frustrating is ....we are all speculating. We are trying to find a/any hint to this release because there simply isn't any info, no one says anything. It seems Axl doesn't even introduce the new songs on stage by name (i.e this is a song called IRS or the blues or whatever) let alone say this one is from our new album that will be out ....
 On the first leg of the uyi your in 91 Axl said a lot of "this is a song that will be on uyi 2" ?but there is none of that this time around.

?One thing that I can't get out of my head particularly on this thread now is when people are speculating that Axl and the record company/label are at odds. I don't see any solid proof of that, they may at times not agree on certain things but that is part of a working relationship. ?If they were.....and say the speculated delay would be Axls fault I think the label would waste no time to smear shit in his face stating something along the lines that "Axl and GNR once again have failed to delivered the goods" or what not on the flip side Axl/GNR may be aprehensive to do the same to the label to not jeprodize ticket sales for the remaining shows. The silence of both parties somewhat tells me they are on the same page and working together.

?We do have proof that the record is done Baz, said it was played at Axls house, Andy Wallace said they were happy as hell with the result of the final mixes so it seems mixing is done too.

Although the GNR camp seem to be the worst organised groups on the face of the planet, I hope to fuck they are not rerecording parts (Frank and BBF). That could take another 2 years, I really doubt that at this point in the game they would start shit like that.

I for one am still on board for a december release, I will be one pissed off fucker come Christmas time and no album is playing in my deck.

December 19 sounds cool to me... but wait a minute isn't tomorrow Tuesday ?

The Nightmare will never end. ?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #4161 on: November 27, 2006, 08:30:13 AM »

Sources in France say March 2007...
Well it came from france so..........................

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #4162 on: November 27, 2006, 08:31:41 AM »

What "sources"?

If you say my local record store, then who cares. It's already been confirmed that they dont need the release date weeks in advance. They know nothing.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #4163 on: November 27, 2006, 08:35:58 AM »

The only thing that keeps me hopeful for a 2006 release is that Axl has stated it woyld be this year numerous times and the press release that talked about the remaining Tuesdays in 2006.  Surely if CD is off track and being pushed to 07' GN'R would say something officially to retract those statements so we are all not still 'in the dark on this'.  It's not going help with their credibility if 06 goes out with no album and no statement...therefore I will continue to hold them to an 06' release.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #4164 on: November 27, 2006, 08:51:39 AM »

Good bye 2006 !
Welcome 2007 !

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4165 on: November 27, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

So we have established that 2006 is not the year , somebody needs to pop up and give us a official statement, and quit stringing us along here.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #4166 on: November 27, 2006, 08:57:07 AM »

Oh yea and who the fuck in fance said that??? Its not like it matters much any ways i mean come on now its france.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #4167 on: November 27, 2006, 09:03:59 AM »

Some idiot at MyGNR posted Universal's release sheets for a couple of weeks in December, and then proceeded to say that the album isnt coming out this year cause Universal doesnt have it listed.

It turns out the idiot posted the Latin and Pop release sheets.  rofl
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #4168 on: November 27, 2006, 09:07:59 AM »

Some idiot at MyGNR posted Universal's release sheets for a couple of weeks in December, and then proceeded to say that the album isnt coming out this year cause Universal doesnt have it listed.

It turns out the idiot posted the Latin and Pop release sheets.? rofl

yeah that post made me give some good giggles  Grin
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #4169 on: November 27, 2006, 09:11:31 AM »

Has anyone heard anything else from Harley indicating when the Better ad might air ?
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4170 on: November 27, 2006, 09:22:05 AM »

It turns out the idiot posted the Latin and Pop release sheets.  rofl

thats the same info being passed around here in pm's ,I know because I received one also.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #4171 on: November 27, 2006, 09:44:08 AM »

The only thing that keeps me hopeful for a 2006 release is that Axl has stated it woyld be this year numerous times and the press release that talked about the remaining Tuesdays in 2006.? Surely if CD is off track and being pushed to 07' GN'R would say something officially to retract those statements so we are all not still 'in the dark on this'.? It's not going help with their credibility if 06 goes out with no album and no statement...therefore I will continue to hold them to an 06' release.

GNR's word is not worth anything right now, so if you're basing your hopes on that, you're misguided. Secondly, as I said earlier in this thread, GNR isn't going to say anything to mess up the tour or give the press ammo to skewer them while the tour is going well. Third, GNR has no credibility.

I believe the post above that says a June, Juy release, but I wouldn't be surprised if its the same shit one year from now. Time to wake up and smell the BS.

Mauve_All
Rocker

« Reply #4172 on: November 27, 2006, 09:47:03 AM »

Pretty soon we'll start to see the November 2007 rumours.

That's what I also think .... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I'm a drinker with writing problems
http://www.myspace.com/mauve_all
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #4173 on: November 27, 2006, 09:48:14 AM »

Has anyone heard anything else from Harley indicating when the Better ad might air ?

Nope.

That is the one issue that should really sting. By all indications, November 21, 2006 was at one time intended to be the release date. The Harley ad was set to air 1 month prior in late October.

If that is true, and the plan is the same yet delayed, then we probably should see some other form of promotion or cross-promotion about 1 month before the release. And we have not seen or heard anything of the sort yet.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4174 on: November 27, 2006, 10:06:36 AM »

I think people need to relax.

As soon as there's a real release date, I guess we will know about it.

It's been that way with every single piece of real GN'R news.

Until then, don't believe everything you see on other forums or in record stores.

/jarmo

I am happy you posted this.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4175 on: November 27, 2006, 12:46:36 PM »

I think people need to relax.

As soon as there's a real release date, I guess we will know about it.

It's been that way with every single piece of real GN'R news.

Until then, don't believe everything you see on other forums or in record stores.

/jarmo

I am happy you posted this.

Perhaps people would relax more if someone could just admit that its not coming out this year rather than deleting posts with official release lists in them and those from Mysteron. That just makes the whole thing look like a big cover up. I think the main point is quit messing with people, I'm sure most people on this board are big and brave enough to accept another delay. After all we've had lots of practice over the last 10 yrs

Here today...ready to rock
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4176 on: November 27, 2006, 12:48:32 PM »

and Merck said it is bulshit.....

Merck is full of bullshit. How the hell could he possibly know who every single rep from universal has spoken to? He couldn't, plain and simple. It's my opinion that he's just trying to cover his own ass until the tour ends, then he can try to force feed us some bullshit excuse.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4177 on: November 27, 2006, 12:50:24 PM »

The sad thing is the people that genuinely voice their concern over this will probably get labelled 'whingers'.

Here today...ready to rock
NJ Guns
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4178 on: November 27, 2006, 12:53:54 PM »

Perhaps people would relax more if someone could just admit that its not coming out this year rather than deleting posts with official release lists in them and those from Mysteron. That just makes the whole thing look like a big cover up. I think the main point is quit messing with people, I'm sure most people on this board are big and brave enough to accept another delay. After all we've had lots of practice over the last 10 yrs

I am neither big nor brave enough to accept another delay.  When Jan. 1 rolls around I give up.  How many times do you have to be slapped in the face before you stop coming back for more?
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4179 on: November 27, 2006, 01:08:54 PM »

I am neither big nor brave enough to accept another delay.? When Jan. 1 rolls around I give up.? How many times do you have to be slapped in the face before you stop coming back for more?

I think you need to consider your legacy before you do that. You gained the admiration of many many people over your last 18 posts, if nothing else stay here for your fans... please.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 01:11:30 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: