Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 10:28:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228582 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658830 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4080 on: November 26, 2006, 09:53:55 PM »

It's not coming out this year. We know that now. So now what?

How do "we" know that?  Has Merck or GNR issued an official statement?

Robio
Universal's list of Dec/Jan releases came out, and CD isn't on it. Its not coming out this year.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #4081 on: November 26, 2006, 09:57:52 PM »

How do "we" know that?? Has Merck or GNR issued an official statement?

Robio
Universal's list of Dec/Jan releases came out, and CD isn't on it. Its not coming out this year.

unless its supposed to be a surprise release......Universal wouldnt say it....I wouldnt expect more than 2weeks notice on the cd coming out..

all theyd need to do is put a press release out there a week before and itd be everywhere..
Karma_Police
« Reply #4082 on: November 26, 2006, 09:58:04 PM »

I want to rub it in people's faces who are all, "Its not this year, so now what" when the album does come out in December. Odds are, I won't get that chance, but I hope I do.

Well every dog has it's day. those who have said it's "not coming out this year" have been right every year so far. ?Anyone who says It'll be out this year has also been saying so for the last ten years. Eventually they'll be right. It's not like they'll be geniuses for it. they'll just hapen to be right finally. ?they'll brag about it though if it does come out this year and act as if they're smater than everyone but fact is they've been wrong for a decade.
Karma_Police
« Reply #4083 on: November 26, 2006, 09:58:49 PM »

Don't pretend you're not fucking devastated like the rest of us ...
Hi btw ...? Tongue

yeah it sucks. Who are you by the way? Hi I guess.
Robio576
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4084 on: November 26, 2006, 09:59:44 PM »

Robio

Wouldn't the CB being on the list ruin the excitement created around the anticipated release of the CD? ?Again, we need to stick to what Merck said. ?It will be out on one of the Tuesdays prior to year end. ?Are you not taking this into account?
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4085 on: November 26, 2006, 09:59:58 PM »

Robio

Some people are just in denial, and won't accept the fact that their hero lied to all of us. It was an incredibly stupid move to make the X Tuesdays comment, and it was a stupid move on Axl's part to go on public record atleast 3 times saying 2006 is the year if everything wasn't 100% finalized.

I hope if it doesn't come out before 1-1-07 that Rolling Stone has a heyday on Axl and Merck.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #4086 on: November 26, 2006, 10:00:14 PM »

I want to rub it in people's faces who are all, "Its not this year, so now what" when the album does come out in December.

Why? People are being realistic, not gloating - we all want the album.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
tsoky2003
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4087 on: November 26, 2006, 10:00:50 PM »

I think this is the album that have been called lies,lies,lies
Robio576
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4088 on: November 26, 2006, 10:03:06 PM »

I think this is the album that have been called lies,lies,lies

Rough crowd tonight....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4089 on: November 26, 2006, 10:04:36 PM »

It's not going to be a surprise release. Never has, never will. Naturally, I can't back it up with any statements, but it's all there, between the lines. This I am a 100% sure of. Forget the surprise theory, it's not happening.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4090 on: November 26, 2006, 10:05:35 PM »

Wouldn't the CB being on the list ruin the excitement created around the anticipated release of the CD?  Again, we need to stick to what Merck said.  It will be out on one of the Tuesdays prior to year end.  Are you not taking this into account?
Also take into account Merck said last year was the year. We've already been told by Mysteron there wont be a surprise. Now we see its not on the list of releases from Universal. Any posts or theories discussing CD and 2006 are pure fantasy.

phone Mysteron?

Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #4091 on: November 26, 2006, 10:06:20 PM »

I want to rub it in people's faces who are all, "Its not this year, so now what" when the album does come out in December.

Ya I know, but I like to think it's still coming out this year, cause anything is possible. It just pisses me off when people act like they know everything for sure and that there is NO WAY its coming out.
Robio576
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4092 on: November 26, 2006, 10:07:26 PM »

Wouldn't the CB being on the list ruin the excitement created around the anticipated release of the CD?? Again, we need to stick to what Merck said.? It will be out on one of the Tuesdays prior to year end.? Are you not taking this into account?
Also take into account Merck said last year was the year. We've already been told by Mysteron there wont be a surprise. Now we see its not on the list of releases from Universal. Any posts or theories discussing CD and 2006 are pure fantasy.

phone Mysteron?

I was unaware that Mysteron has commented/made a post regarding this matter. ?I thought his last post was that he had no new information to fill us in on.

Mysteron?....

Karma_Police
« Reply #4093 on: November 26, 2006, 10:07:55 PM »

Ya I know, but I like to think it's still coming out this year, cause anything is possible. It just pisses me off when people act like they know everything for sure and that there is NO WAY its coming out.

Well naturally that was my intent. to piss you off. Roll Eyes
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #4094 on: November 26, 2006, 10:09:06 PM »

It's all good man, no hard feelings haha.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #4095 on: November 26, 2006, 10:10:11 PM »

It almost doesn't even matter at this point. Even if it comes out Dec 19th it will be a commercial disaster, and the press will eat it alive. We aren't seeing this thing until at least late February, early March if it is really done and ready to be released.

Why will it ?be a commercial disaster? You know, most bands play 2-3 new songs ?from their new album. Axl is playing 5-6, and they are well received. I bet the album does moderately well to begin, and then takes off as word spreads. I don't see a Feb or March date at all. I am still counting on 2006. ?beer
Robio576
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4096 on: November 26, 2006, 10:11:18 PM »

Wouldn't the CB being on the list ruin the excitement created around the anticipated release of the CD?? Again, we need to stick to what Merck said.? It will be out on one of the Tuesdays prior to year end.? Are you not taking this into account?

phone Mysteron?

Mysteron's last word on the situation....

"As far as everyone knows, the record is coming out this year. If anything changes, people will be informed."

Not sure what you are referring to.

RR
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4097 on: November 26, 2006, 10:14:20 PM »

Exactly, so many people here talk like they know for a fact its not coming out, or its not done.. I would think that now the delay isnt with axl, but with legalities..

Better commercial was set to go back up in november, but didnt go up, harley says it will go back up but they arent sure when..

Makes me think that Universal is rushing to the clock, or something happened and everything is held up..

just my opinion..

I think theres some truth in what Brett meisener is saying..I mean after all he is a rock critic/photographer/whatever in LA
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4098 on: November 26, 2006, 10:15:55 PM »

It's not a matter of knowing everything as much as it is equiping yourself with the proper mindset. People are tired of being let down. 7 years is enough. If it comes out, great, but the way things are looking now it's better to prepare yourself that it's not.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4099 on: November 26, 2006, 10:18:25 PM »

Why will it ?be a commercial disaster? You know, most bands play 2-3 new songs ?from their new album. Axl is playing 5-6, and they are well received. I bet the album does moderately well to begin, and then takes off as word spreads. I don't see a Feb or March date at all. I am still counting on 2006.

Sales of all commercial goods are typically awful during the first half of the first quarter each year. Consumers are recovering from the Holiday sales seasons, and there are never major product launches in January/February of a year because of the sales slump. That is a historical fact that any American business person on this board knows to hold pretty true. Knowing this, the label is not going launch the album during the worst sales month of the year when a majority of sales on new albums are made up front due to the downloading factor.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: